Verandas Beach House

Manhattan Beach, CA

Chic Private Beach House for Weddings & Events

Enjoy exclusive use of this private two story beach house steps from the sand in Manhattan Beach, CA. A peaceful garden a koi pond and waterfall provides a relaxing option for a ceremony or outdoor entertaining. The upstairs lounge with a stage, bar and dance floor is perfect for celebrating!

Ballroom

401 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA (310) 546-7805

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Monica F

Oh La Venta.... I have so many great things to say about our experience here over the last year - we just got married last weekend. I've lived in Torrance my whole life, work all around the hill, and even though I had seen the La Venta sign a thousand times, didn't realize it... Read More was this spectacular. First, Charla was our coordinator and I wish I could write a novel about how much I love this woman. I inquired online, she was prompt in her response and we were able to swing by the venue to check it out on very short notice (I was early for an appointment at Terranea) so we swung by as it was on our way. The second we pulled into La Venta, I knew we would have to get married there... and so the planning began. Charla, from start to finish has been the most amazing coordinator, organizer, relaxer, & now, friend. We did our engagement shots here too, since we couldn't think of a better place to capture some love! At our wedding, we had about 100 people, three food stations, DJ, photographer, videographer, and photo booth. Charla made it ALL HAPPEN so easily and I literally experienced ZERO stress the week leading up to the day and the day of. Everything went smoothly (as smoothly as possible, everyone knows small things can go wrong), our photos, signs, favors, decorations were all preserved and packed up waiting for us when we came back to pick them up. Charla was accommodating & efficient and we all could tell how much she wanted our day to go just right. All of our guests have said how beautiful the venue was, they complimented the food, the bartenders (shout out Carla!), the chefs, everything. I couldn't imagine our wedding anywhere else. Literally - the BEST DAY EVER. Notes: You get the whole grounds to yourself the whole evening. Uber private and so much more intimate. Two bathrooms for guests in the hallway behind the fireplace Your event must be over at 10pm - it's ok. We bought an extra hour and turned the music down a bit because you're in a residential area (be courteous) - it's still ok.....the alcohol is flowing & music is bumpin', everyone gets tired & everyone is left wanting more rather than wanting to leave early. Tips: Do the food stations & get some pasta because it's amazing. We did Filet Mignon, Chicken, Turkey & Prime Rib and the Pasta Bar. Open Bar is SO worth it - do it. Dessert Bar - so many options, they're all really good! Late Night Bites: KOREAN TACOS (maybe I was a little tipsy at the end, but these were so tasty and not at all "bites" - they were hefty little tacos and now I want one.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Bahar F

I just had my wedding at verandas this past weekend and it was PERFECT! When I say perfect, I mean every single part of the night. The place is gorgeous, the food is AMAZING, and the staff are the best! Our coordinator Leslie was seriously a godsend that day and made our day go... Read More so smoothly and perfect. I am so grateful to have had her there for us the whole night. We have had at least 50 of our guests contact us already to tell us how perfect everything was and how amazing the food was. Thank you to Leslie and Verandas for making our day so perfect and memorable!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Kim B

This one is for Angie and all of her staff: you are all amazing. The night went so smoothly, I didn't notice a thing. Despite us missing people they quickly set up more place settings. Everything was gorgeous and the food was better than I ever expected. Everyone has told me... Read More they have never had better food at a wedding.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Erica F

We had our reception and ceremony here and enjoyed every part of the process and Venue. We chose Verandas specifically for its layout. His side was from the east coast and mine was from the west. By having a double level venue it allowed us to encourage the mixing of the groups.... Read More Because you have to go upstairs to dance it prevents you from using your table as a crutch and being a wallflower. The venue gives you a personal wedding planner to help guide you in the process. The manage the planning on-site only meaning you have to pick our own Florist, DJ, decor style, etc. But they handle linens, guide you through food and bar choices, and are your day of on the ground coordinator. It is so surprising how helpful someone like that can be from planning the rehearsal and processional, to communicating with vendors and the rest of the venue staff. It's not just the big stuff either! They also had Champagne waiting for the bridal party as we exited the ceremony and had a plate of appetizers for me in my bridal suite so I wouldn't have to go hunt down food! These tiny details made a huge difference. Every time I talked to my planner Angie, she made me feel so much better by keeping me calm through the process and giving me helpful reminders and guidance. Verandas is fairly expensive, but WELL worth the $$$!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Nickelle P

La Venta was the key ingredient to making the wedding of our dreams. My husband and I were married on 4/21/17 and Mike was our coordinator. We and all of our friends and family are still gushing about it. The venue is beautiful, it includes everything you could need, they have... Read More preferred vendors to choose from, give great advice and are incredibly accommodating. La Venta made wedding planning such a blast and we are so sad it is all over! We wish we could get married every year there and work with the team and eat the delicious food!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Jennifer B

I loved Verandas! I had my ceremony and reception there and it was the best day of my life. They really help with all the details and have someone to cater to the bride and groom the day of to help them ease th nerves and help with anything that they need

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Reina M

I had my wedding here last month. The first time I saw this venue I knew it was the one. The ocean views took our breath away, and we knew every other venue we looked at couldn't compete. We had a small intimate wedding (about 70 guests) and La Venta Inn was the perfect place... Read More for that. We loved the fact that it is private and you have the exclusive use of the entire facility! Everything went as planned and I could not thank the La Venta Inn team enough. They are amazing and professional! You will not regret having your wedding here. Mike Halish helped us with budgeting and even gave a deal since we kind of planned it last minute. He was super nice and accommodating. Charla Mandzak was our wedding coordinator and she was very organized. Charla was so calm the day of our wedding and executed everything smoothly. No wedding stress here! Thank you La Venta Inn!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Grace O

I LOVED this venue! We were looking for a nice beach location and this was the place. We had our ceremony outside, cocktails upstairs and dinner downstairs. It was great having everything in one location but in separate areas. Angie really made the flow of the ceremony and... Read More reception run so smoothly. Many of our guests complimented the great flow, service and food. I highly recommend this venue - and contact Angie!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Denise S

I remember early last year, my husband and I were scouring South California to find a wedding venue we would fall in love with. After several days and places, we found The One. La Venta Inn took our breath away. It is more than just a beautiful venue. The history and structure... Read More of the place, the surroundings, the view and the staff that took care of us were all so inviting. We felt the intimacy, joy and warmth that all the couples who got married there must have felt. It is such a gorgeous place! That same day we set foot in it was the day we decided to have our wedding there. Throughout the course of our wedding preparation, wedding day itself and after the wedding, La Venta did not disappoint. Our wedding coordinator Leslie was a savior! She is very very efficient at what she does! She made sure everything was prepared.. From the guests list, food and drinks, other vendors, ceremony line-up, to the cake design, centerpieces, etc.. She was on top of it! She made sure my husband and I had our private moment right after the ceremony. She had food and champagne ready for us and made sure we wouldn't get hungry and that we would be able to taste all our yummy food! She helped bustle my complicated dress. She made sure that the event flow was nice and smooth, and it was! All our guests said there was never a dull moment at our wedding. The day after the wedding, she had all the items left behind packed up so that they were ready for us to pick them up. I LOVE HER! La Venta Inn does not need a lot of decoration anymore. As it is, there is already so much character and beauty that our photos turned out so picturesque. And the view, oh the view! Even the highest quality pictures and videos can't give it justice. We are in love with this place and would get our vow renewal done here again in a heartbeat! I highly recommend it to those couples looking for that special special wedding venue they will never forget.

Reviewed on 3/05/2016

***** Buyer Beware***** La Venta Inn's website say that it is "committed to providing you with the ultimate in service and hospitality." In reality, it's was more like a "lack of service." A successful wedding doesn't leave the guests, bride and groom feeling upset, cheated or... Read More embarrassed at its conclusion. My wedding on 6/12/15 was a disaster. A major reason why my husband & I chose La Venta Inn (New York Food Company) as our wedding venue was due in large part of its elegance and amenities it had advertised. Instead of a dream come true, it turned out to be a living nightmare. I'm disgusted with how things unfolded. La Venta Inn did not disclose to us that there was a scheduled power maintenance that day Or the possibility that electricity would be disruptive. There was an opportunity to notify, inform, guide and prepare us for what may lay ahead. Which they chose not to. When my husband & I arrived at the venue on our wedding day the coordinator, Mike Halish, kept the power outage from us. He greeted us upon arrival and that was it. I wasted 15minutes of my time before I discovered none of the outlets worked. I really struggled with the idea of how management can leave a bride in the dark about basic necessity. I couldn't use some of the amenities in bridal cottage to get ready prior to ceremony such as any last minute touch ups for my hair, charging my phone or play relaxing music on my special day. My husband had to change in the dark. There was a lack of power in the bridal cottage, groom’s quarters, courtyard, dining hall, bar room, dance floor, and the restrooms. We were thrust into a situation where we had to on our own during the event discover the severity and pervasiveness that this incompetency posed on our day. The levels of anxiety & emotional stress were all too real for my husband and I. Too top it off, we had three legally disabled guest to worry about. More than 50% of the event was over before electricity was restored which meant non-functioning air conditioning until the last course of our reception dinner. Having “white-gloved attendants” was an additional feature we paid for but did not receive. In paying over $25,000 upfront, we expected all of the terms of service & access to all amenities would be honored. La Venta Inn wouldn't admit that my wedding day was partially ruined by their lack of ability to communicate and disclose any information. Instead, the owner, Jim Wharton, thought I was contacting tell to give them a tip for "saving my wedding." First you don't live up to your promises and now you want more money? ?? This was ridiculous and insulting.It's obvious that their management and owner lack basic common decency. The only fore thought was making sure loud emergency generators powered the kitchen and music. The venue continued to make decisions throughout the night without my consent demonstrates an ongoing pattern of blatant disregard for what my husband and I are entitled to. These decisions made it clear that holding my event at this location was a mistake. To deny us less service but still require us to pay the same price as any other couple is absurd. Jim Wharton refused to give us any money back so I took him to small claims court. He tried to misguide me by telling me to go through arbitration. I received a judgement in the mail. The court sided with me. It's disappointing that someone can have no shame in ruining your wedding day and tried to fight this in court.

More than I could imagine

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Saba J

La Venta Inn didn't disappoint. The location alone won us over, but the service was top notch. Pearl our coordinator was the sweetest. She was very approachable and accommodating. My guests raved about the gorgeous views, delicious food and the beautiful venue. La Venta Inn is... Read More worth every penny.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015

From start to finish, planning for our daughter's wedding at La Venta Inn was a wonderful and very exciting experience. Pearl Ho went way above and well beyond in everything she did, and always made us feel like we were her only clients during each of the many meetings we had... Read More with her. Our daughter and son-in-law live in Germany, but Pearl was extremely accommodating to the 9-hour time difference and FaceTiming during our meetings. The day of the wedding was even more magical than any of us could have expected -- the delicious food and beverages, impeccable service, and spectacular location exceeded all our dreams. Our new German family members were so impressed -- we just wish we could do it all again!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Anna L

I could not recommend La Venta Inn more...my wedding day was perfect and stress free thanks to the awesome staff at La Venta. Leading up to the event I had tons of questions, which were always answered ASAP and I felt extremely assured that everything would be taken care of...La... Read More Venta did everything I expected and more! In addition, whenever we went to visit the location to drop off a check, go to a tasting event, etc. the staff always remembered us and took time to ask how we were doing. Not only is the staff amazing, but the grounds are unbelievably beautiful. We loved that the venue was completely private and our guests told us for weeks after the event that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food and bar package are top notch. Most of the time you pay a hefty price for food at a wedding that is just not that great, but the NYFC does an amazing job with quality and presentation. When they say there are no hidden costs, there really aren't. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 David D

The New York Food Co knows how to put on a wedding. And La Venta is an amazing venue for a party of 150 or less. Works best for 100 and under in my opinion, but the feel of the place is incredible. Great views, indoor/outdoor experience, and some of the best food around.... Read More Definteily check this place out!

An Amazing Ceremony and Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Verandas was such an easy choice for us, and we are so, so glad we decided to have our wedding there. It’s hard to say which part of this venue is the best. The food was wonderful (people were raving about it after), the outdoor ceremony area was gorgeous, the weather was... Read More amazing and the staff were phenomenal. The staff at Verandas play a very large part in how happy I was with the whole planning process and how smoothly everything went the day of. We could not have done it without them. Our coordinator, Lauren, is absolutely fabulous at what she does and was so personable and wonderful from start to finish. She helped us customize our menu, answered my 7 million questions in a very timely fashion, and helped us bring our wedding day vision to life. I don’t think we ever heard her say that something wasn’t doable, and that spirit is exactly what you need when working with brides (and grooms!) Lauren was amazing on the day of the wedding and helped with set up and everything behind the scenes; if anything ever went wrong that day, I wouldn’t have known. The venue itself is beautiful and just a few blocks from the beach. The outdoor ceremony area is gorgeous and the dining room and upstairs area are spacious and beautiful. They have air conditioning (very important july-october) and a great sound system, multiple bathrooms, and an elevator. The food! We got to enjoy one of the NYFC tastings, which was really helpful in choosing the food and seeing what the service is like. Wedding food can sometimes be hit or miss, but we were very, very pleased with how the food turned out the day of and other people complimented it as well. I have zero complaints about this venue and would highly recommend it, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Yang L

Astonishing view, great service!

Dream Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Jenny N

From the moment I stepped foot at this venue, I knew it had to be the one. We are not beachy people, but there was just such charm to it and that it was completely different from a typical wedding. Lauren was our coordinator there and she was so amazing. She went above and... Read More beyond what I can ever imagine a venue coordinator to do. She responded to all my emails in a timely manner and would assure me that I wasn't crazy with all my questions and requests :) One of the best parts of this venue is that we were able to provide our own alcohol and that we were able to use Food Trucks as our catering which were really important to us! I had so many DIY things that I was worried about the time I would spend setting everything up. Since we were an off-season wedding, we were able to come in Thursday to set most everything up and then Lauren and her crew finished off everything Saturday before the wedding. I was a little concerned about space because I had about 225 people come, but the seating for the ceremony was perfect. The inside was a tight squeeze, but we all fit and the venue was just great! Being able to be upstairs and downstairs for different parts was really nice! It made people mingle more which was great. Lauren and her crew packed up everything for us to pick up the next day which was so incredible. We are definitely coming back for our future vow renewal!

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 8/15/2014 Brittney D

Everything at La Venta, from the day-of coordinator to the food to the breath-taking ocean views, make this venue unmatched in my opinion. My husband and I have visited MANY venues and none even came close to comparing to La Venta. We loved the beauty of the grounds and the... Read More intimacy provided by the location. Our day-of coordinator, Kelly, ensured that everything ran smoothly and I didn't have to think about a single thing the day-of. It was a little over our initial budget, but in the end it was worth every penny over the budget. Our family and friends from out of town cannot stop talking about how amazing this venue was! Absolutely recommended!

Worth It

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Chelsea M

La Venta Inn was the most expensive option of the venues we looked at, but the stellar location, priceless view, and professional staff and service made for a stress free and unforgettable wedding celebration. I only wish the standard event end-time is 11PM, rather than 10,... Read More given that it is very expensive, I would have loved one more hour to celebrate. This would have added to the overall value of the cost. However I still rate them 5 stars for value. Food was excellent, vendors they recommend make planning much easier and stress-free, my coordinator Leslie was wonderful and kept everything running smoothly! It is definitely a wedding venue that people will remember!

Breathtaking Setting,amazing staff and food!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Heather M

Where do I start. The venue itself is absolutely stunning. It has a classic, timeless feel. With gorgeous views of the entire L.A. area as well as ocean views that reach to Malibu! Your guests will not only be impressed with the view but also with outstanding service the venue... Read More has to offer. From start to finish the staff was friendly, attentive and extremely professional. Tim our wedding coordinator was an absolute life saver. His help through the planning process made the days events go off without a hitch, and was truely noticed by all of my guests! His attention to detail was refreshing,as I am extremely detail-oriented. I have had a few friends get married in the last few months at other venues, and have heard (as well as seen)a few horror stories about food, service etc. It was well worth the money to have a perfect day, and that is what you will get here. La Venta truly sets the bar when it comes to stellar food and service! My guest are still talking about it!!

Great venue!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Tony L

From the moment my wife and I saw this place, we knew it was going to be the place we would get married. The grounds are amazing and the views are spectacular. Their staff was great and very helpful. If you are fortunate enough to get Kelly as your coordinator, know that you are... Read More in good hands. She was great. You have to use their caterer, New York Food Company, but every item served was delicious. Everyone of our guests had a great time. I wish they allowed for more time at the venue. They should allow the bridal party to use the facility all day if there is no event in the morning. Other than that, the place was wonderful.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 5/30/2013 Joyce V

What is there to say - it was beautiful. The venue is breath-taking, the food was fantastic and the service was superb. Tim Kennedy was by far the cherry on top of this amazing place and he made our whole experience above and beyond what we could of dreamed of. Thank you for... Read More making our wedding a dream come true. We will definitely be coming to visit! :)

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 4/04/2013 Yeunhee W

It was absolutely amazing. Beautiful view and delicious food. the best part was my wedding site coordinator, Tim Kennedy really made my dream wedding come true!!! We can't thank him enough. My wedding guests are still sending me compliments about the venue.

Perfect Reception!

Reviewed on 12/29/2012 Rebecca N

This venue was perfect for my wedding reception! The old mission inn gave it a soft warm feeling for an evening event. The food was amazing! And Tim was a great wedding event coordinator. My guests are still talking about the night. Thank you for helping make my dreams come... Read More true!

Gorgeous

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Eileen C

I had checked out several locations already and none of them were blowing me away. La Venta was a little high on the price range for me, but as soon as I saw it, I knew it was exactly what I wanted. Gorgeous view of the ocean and city, quaint, romantic gazebo, and just this... Read More wonderfully romantic tuscan feel to the entire location. Tim Kennedy was our wedding coordinator (a coordinator comes with the package), and he was ON TOP of everything. I can't recommend him enough. He made sure everything was in place, and was super responsive and accommodating. All the guests at the wedding said the venue was just magical. The food and cake also were really good - i had several comments about the cake being delicious. You must go with the food and cake vendor here (unless you want to pay a ton extra), which at first was a bit disappointing to me because I wanted some choice, but actually it made things super easy and the quality was great. They even pack up a little dinner+cake for you after the wedding since I barely ate! All and all, I highly recommend La Venta. If you can get it right during off season (we had ours in early November), it is a bit cheaper and still gorgeous. Thank you Tim and La venta!