Verandas Beach House

Manhattan Beach, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples looking for a private venue to host a beach-themed wedding in the Manhattan Beach area of California should look no further than the elegant Verandas Beach House. This beautiful two-story location is just minutes from Manhattan Beach, so couples can walk over with their photographers to catch a few romantic photos near the ocean waves. Outdoor ceremonies can take place in the Verandas Beach House garden area, or couples can opt for a traditional beach ceremony. Receptions can be held outdoors or in the second-story ballroom. Whether outdoor or in, the venue can host a maximum of 250 guests.

Verandas Beach House Garden features a beautiful koi pond complete with waterfall and a wooden gazebo. A lighted landscape with strategic planters gives this space a lush natural beauty perfect for exchanging vows.

Verandas Beach House Ballroom on the second floor has large paned windows so guests can enjoy an unobstructed view of the ocean sunset. An archway leads to a smaller lounge with a beautiful fireplace, and doors open from the ballroom onto an ocean-facing veranda looking over the gardens. The first floor offers a dining area with sparkling chandeliers and a door that opens to the gardens.

Verandas Beach House provides an on-site coordinator to couples booking the venue. All tables and chairs are included along with standard linens in multiple color options. The venue provides a dance floor with LED lighting, and a full sound system with a wireless microphone is already set up in the facility.

Verandas Beach House is located minutes from LAX so guests who fly in from out of town can easily find accommodations that are close to the wedding venue and the airport. Attended parking is provided with plenty of space for guest vehicles in the on-site parking lot.

All catering for Verandas Beach House is provided by the New York Food Company. The catering company specializes in custom menus and prides itself in creating a unique menu for each event. Special dietary concerns are no problem, and tastings are conducted by invitation only to one of the company’s exclusive Taste of NYFC tasting events. There, couples can sample a wide variety of food options in an elegant setting to help them envision the menu for their own event. The wedding cake is another specialty provided by New York Food Company. Custom designs are welcome.

Alcohol can either be provided by Verandas Beach House, or couples can arrange for an outside vendor. Amplified music is welcome as long as it remains indoors. Smoking is only permitted outside.

Additional benefits include:

• Exclusive use of the venue
  • Bride’s dressing room
  • Patio heaters

Chic Private Beach House for Weddings & Events

Enjoy exclusive use of this private two story beach house steps from the sand in Manhattan Beach, CA. A peaceful garden a koi pond and waterfall provides a relaxing option for a ceremony or outdoor entertaining. The upstairs lounge with a stage, bar and dance floor is perfect for celebrating!

Ballroom

401 Rosecrans Ave, Manhattan Beach, CA (310) 546-7805

Dream Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Jenny N

From the moment I stepped foot at this venue, I knew it had to be the one. We are not beachy people, but there was just such charm to it and that it was completely different from a typical wedding. Lauren was our coordinator there and she was so amazing. She went above and... Read More beyond what I can ever imagine a venue coordinator to do. She responded to all my emails in a timely manner and would assure me that I wasn't crazy with all my questions and requests :) One of the best parts of this venue is that we were able to provide our own alcohol and that we were able to use Food Trucks as our catering which were really important to us! I had so many DIY things that I was worried about the time I would spend setting everything up. Since we were an off-season wedding, we were able to come in Thursday to set most everything up and then Lauren and her crew finished off everything Saturday before the wedding. I was a little concerned about space because I had about 225 people come, but the seating for the ceremony was perfect. The inside was a tight squeeze, but we all fit and the venue was just great! Being able to be upstairs and downstairs for different parts was really nice! It made people mingle more which was great. Lauren and her crew packed up everything for us to pick up the next day which was so incredible. We are definitely coming back for our future vow renewal!

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Erica F

We had our reception and ceremony here and enjoyed every part of the process and Venue. We chose Verandas specifically for its layout. His side was from the east coast and mine was from the west. By having a double level venue it allowed us to encourage the mixing of the groups.... Read More Because you have to go upstairs to dance it prevents you from using your table as a crutch and being a wallflower. The venue gives you a personal wedding planner to help guide you in the process. The manage the planning on-site only meaning you have to pick our own Florist, DJ, decor style, etc. But they handle linens, guide you through food and bar choices, and are your day of on the ground coordinator. It is so surprising how helpful someone like that can be from planning the rehearsal and processional, to communicating with vendors and the rest of the venue staff. It's not just the big stuff either! They also had Champagne waiting for the bridal party as we exited the ceremony and had a plate of appetizers for me in my bridal suite so I wouldn't have to go hunt down food! These tiny details made a huge difference. Every time I talked to my planner Angie, she made me feel so much better by keeping me calm through the process and giving me helpful reminders and guidance. Verandas is fairly expensive, but WELL worth the $$$!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/15/2011 Rosie R

I had my wedding here on 10.8.11. Contrary to what other reviews have said about it being small, we had 193 guests and everyone fit perfectly - both outside for the ceremony and inside for the remainder of the evening. I didn't hear or notice ANY outside noise, which was great.... Read More The venue feels so intimate and special because it's just you and your guests, and it feels like you are having a big party in a home. Our coordinator, Lauren, was amazing from start to finish and went above and beyond anything and everything we requested. She made suggestions that were better than what we had thought of but without being pushy. She set up everything for us, including the votives, which saved my florist time. They also packed everything up for us and labeled the boxes with our belongings. The food was amazing! To serve 193 people the staff was fast, efficient, and the food was piping hot and so fresh! The staff does a great job of meeting your needs and being attentive while also being discreet. I even saw a server come down with a tray of drink refills for a table (since the bars were upstairs). Now that's service! Did I mention yet how good the food was? They sent us home with extra food! Two entrees with their side dishes and a plate of our appetizers. My husband and I enjoyed these the next day and the day after, since we were too tired to cook. The two bartenders Matt and Christine were great and accommodated our wide selection of beer (we brought in our own alcohol- another plus to Verandas!) Verandas also has free self-parking, the lot is huge, and guests can leave their car overnight if they have a little too much to drink. I honestly cannot think of one bad thing to say about Verandas, the food, their staff, and the service. I didn't worry about one thing during the rehearsal or the wedding and had a stress-free amazing event. You will not be disappointed with Verandas and all they have to offer.