Fun, Natural and Timeless...

Our style is a blend of journalistic & fine art photography and we believe that your day should be captured in its fun and natural form. We understand that not everyone is comfortable in front of the camera, so we try our best to guide you in the right direction. We also provide our couples with a general photo timeline and photography guide to help you with your planning. Please read what all of our couples have to say about us and hopefully you'll get a better sense of our style and work ethics. At the end of the day, it's all about you, we're just here to make you look amazing on your wedding day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

San Francisco, CA SF Bay Area + Hawaii & Beyond (925) 808-8152

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Christine T

Oliver is the friend behind the lens that you WANT at your wedding. We met with Oliver and Cindy at a coffee shop and after the session we knew we wanted them on our wedding team! Oliver obviously cared very much about his work but equally cared about getting to know us as... Read More soon-to-be-newlyweds, while Cindy is incredibly organized and a pro with logistics. I’ll be honest, I was not sold on an engagement photo session at first but I caved because my fiancé/husband loves documenting memories. I’m so glad we did it because (1) I discovered how nervous photo sessions make me and (2) we got a chance to get to know Oliver and Cindy better. They were not only flexible with our engagement shoot location, but they also did a great job of helping us relax in front of the camera. We laughed and joked and, despite my dislike for being the center of the attention, I had a ton of fun that day. The engagement shoot precursor also made the wedding day SO MUCH easier. Oliver already had an idea of how my fiancé and I interacted and was able to both prompt us during the photo session as well as capture unplanned intimate moments throughout the day. We wanted to work with him because of his beautiful and joyful photography in addition to the raving reviews from our friends; but we were so lucky to also have his support throughout the wedding process as we walked down the aisle and laughed through each shot.

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Erika C

Oliver is an amazing photographer with a keen eye. Not all girls are very comfortable in front of a camera - and I happen to be one of them. I'm super stiff and sometimes awkward, but Oliver knows how to bring out the inner sass and, of course make you look absolutely stunning... Read More in your photos. My favorite photo: When my now husband and I did a sneak-away photo sesh during our wedding in Hawaii... overlooking the ocean waves crashing against the rocks during the sunset golden hour, and holding hands. Perfection. I really recommend him for engagement photos and wedding photos. He does it all! But make sure you get the Oliver/Cindy (aka Happily Ever After - 2 carat package) combo!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Khristine A

It's no secret to our family and close friends that my husband is not comfortable getting his picture taken. He was nervous and slightly apprehensive about our engagement shoot, because a photo shoot lasting more than 20 minutes sounded like torture to him. Much to our... Read More surprise, our engagement shoot with Oliver of Verstyle Photography was...get this...super fun! This is a testament to Oliver's personality and character. He's not the typical photographer. Yes, he directs you (because he know what looks good); and yes, he is artistic. But his best qualities by far are his warmth and sense of humor. He made us laugh throughout the shoot, and he is just so easy going. He is genuinely a nice guy! At first, I didn't think these qualities were that important in a photographer. However, I quickly realized throughout the wedding planning process that working with someone who had your best interest in mind, while at the same time cared about the quality of his work, made all the difference in the world! Oliver not only produces exceptional photographs, he listens, gets along really well with others, and he goes out of his way to make sure the couple is comfortable. Oliver's work speaks for itself. We hate the super "posey" photos that most wedding photographers take, and we knew this isn't what we wanted for our wedding. We looked at a bunch of different photographers, and Oliver's style fit our personality the most. His photographs looks and feels "real". He knows how to show off the couple's personality without it feeling contrived. He relies on natural light, which gives the photographs a soft, romantic look. We already had very high expectations, but Oliver far exceeded it. We highly recommend Verstyle Photography.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Anthony A

Oliver was the perfect photographer for our wedding. From the very beginning of emailing Oliver, up until the very end of getting our photos, he was a class act. Even though our wedding was very intimate (my wife, our son, and I), Oliver was looking forward to the opportunity of... Read More working with us. He brought great ideas, a friendly and outgoing attitude, an open mind, and was 100% professional the entire time. Oliver was also very accommodating and patient with our soon to be 8 year old son. There aren't enough words to express our satisfaction with Oliver. We hired a photographer, but at the end of it we made a friend. Oliver is the real deal!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Acel A

I told Oliver that I wish he could just follow me and my family around forever to snap pics of our lives--and I was only kind of kidding. Oliver is BY FAR THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER we have ever known. My husband and I still get tears in our eyes when we look back on our wedding... Read More photos. The way he captures our personalities and the overall love and joy we felt that day is nothing short of spectacular. He made us feel so comfortable--like we've known him all our lives. Our son really enjoyed his presence, so much so that he spent the rest of our wedding week playing our "photographer"--Oliver left such an awesome impression on him! We couldn't have asked for a better photographer!!!! Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing your talents and letting us be who we are!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 MARVIN S

Oliver provided excellent and professional service. His congeniality made everyone in the party feel right at home when taking all those candid shots. The angle, quality, and candidness of each shot was perfect and exceeded our expectations. He even recommended the place for... Read More us to have our vow renewal because of the beautiful landscape during the summer time. Oliver even knew the exact time and angle of the sun to start taking all those great pics. His precision of each photo is unparalleled. We didn't give any directions or advice because he knew exactly what to do and where. This is the very reason why we wanted a professional and professionalism is what we got at its best! I highly recommend Oliver to anyone and everyone looking to have that perfect photography at your special occasion with no regrets or mistakes. Thanks again Oliver!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Vanessa M

Our photos turned out beautifully and Oliver was great throughout the whole process. From figuring out our style for our engagement shoot to adapting to the crazy "day of" schedule, everything was executed smoothly. I would definitely go back to Oliver for future events, like a... Read More maternity shoot ;)

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Damien M

Oliver and his team are wonderful ! they made us feel really comfortable, made the stress of the big day go away. Being in front of the camera is not something natural for me, but this is where the magic happens with Oliver. You dont feel like being on a photo shooting, but... Read More hanging out with a friend, talking, laughting. Our engagement photos, and wedding photos are just amazing !!! Check his Instagram!! We had a really good time, we have good memories, and quality is just perfect. We will, for sure, work with him again for futur family events .

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Sam C

We really enjoyed working with Oliver & team for our wedding. He has a keen eye for finding those epic backgrounds while also capturing those intimate moments. I highly recommend doing your engagement shoot with him. Even my camera-shy fiancee/wife was a complete pro by the time... Read More our wedding day rolled around. Forehead-to-forehead? Sniff the cheek? Laugh or cry on command? Not a problem for this couple! (with Oliver’s coaching) He was also super accommodating to our needs (demands) - even though it was a bit of a drive for him, he and his wife, Cindy, drove all the way out to Tracy for our engagement shoot because I really wanted to get pictures with the Almond bloom. As for your wedding day, make sure you hire both Oliver+Cindy for photography and planning. They are a power couple/team. I’m so thankful our wedding went off without a hitch and that the wife and I will have so many beautiful photos to remember it with.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Brad W

Oliver was great! I am not usually a big fan of extended photography sessions but both our engagement and wedding photo sessions flew by. Oliver made it fun and the pictures turned out great. I highly recommend Verstyle Photography.

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 MICHELLE D

It was such a pleasure working with Oliver and the Verstyle photography team. Oliver shot our 10 year vow renewal at Brix Restaurant in Napa, CA. It was an intimate gathering of just our immediate family of 20 people, with 9 of those being kids! We could not have been more... Read More pleased with his professionalism, patience, and attention to detail. We are especially grateful for his ability to work through a heatwave in Napa! It was over 100 degrees! Oliver and Cindy took the time to visit the venue early to get an idea of where take the best photos which made a huge difference. He didn't waste any time! He was efficient and gave us clear direction so we weren't melting under the hot sun. His work is beautiful and we cannot wait to see the finished product. We highly recommend Verstyle Photography. Thank you again Oliver!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Nick C

Oliver is the best! Very professional and a pleasure to work with. He definitely went above and beyond or expectations. But most importantly, our photos are amazing! My wife and I would definitely recommend Verstyle Photography to all our family and friends. Great work!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Maddie B

Oliver is great to work with. His photography is amazing and attention to day of details is great. For our wedding he had three photographers to capture all the details. Out of the photography list we gave him, we got about 97% of them. We got a crazy amount of pictures from... Read More him, all which are amazing. He has a great eye for composition and lighting. For our engagement shoot he went above and beyond with the new location. We took photos on Mt. Tam and hiked everywhere to get the right photos. He's easy to reach and a lot of fun to work with. Overall, an amazing experience for both our engagement shoot and wedding.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jayson P

My wife told me about her great experience with Oliver when she was a bridesmaid at her best friend's wedding. After seeing his work online and meeting him for a consultation, we knew that he was our photographer to capture our wedding. During our engagement photos, I did not... Read More know what to expect. Oliver made us comfortable in front of the camera with ease by making us laugh and directing us to ensure the best shot. During our wedding, Oliver was awesome with us and our family. He was mindful of our timeline and was patient with both sides of our photo-hungry family. I am so glad we were able to book him for our wedding and know that we will cherish these photos forever.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Rick S

Oliver is extremely talented and has an eye for seeing things that will make fantastic pictures. His wonderful personality makes you feel completely calm and at ease. Our wedding pictures are phenomenal. Oliver has been a pleasure to work with. He is professional, attentive,... Read More and accommodating. He understands how important a role he is playing and it is clear that he truly loves what he does. I would without hesitation recommend Oliver to any couple. He's an awesome person who we felt comfortable sharing our wedding day with!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Vy N

My husband and I knew right away that we wanted to hire Oliver as our wedding photographer. He was our friend’s photographer a couple of years back and we loved how fun and easy going he was. He has been so accommodating to our needs and when we had an idea on how we wanted our... Read More engagement photo session he was able to successfully fulfill exactly what we wanted. We loved our engagement photos! We have only seen a few sneak peeks and we already love how they turned out. We cannot wait until we get to see the rest of our wedding pictures. I would definitely recommend Oliver and his lovely wife, Cindy (our wedding coordinator) to anyone who is getting married.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Christina L

Oh my goodness... Where do we begin? OLIVER. IS. AWESOME. The first time I met Oliver was 2 years ago for my best friend's wedding. I remember thinking, "Man, he's good!" My husband and I knew we wanted to hire Oliver after we saw the photos for her wedding and at the... Read More time, we weren't even engaged yet! We were so ecstatic that we were able to book him and his wife (Cindy, Wedding Planner, HappilyEverAfter SF) for our wedding. We knew that we could trust that Oliver would be able to capture our special day perfectly. We had such a great time during our meetings and photo sessions! Oliver is very laid back, has a great sense of humor, and is easy to get along with. It made us confident that we could get ourselves to feel comfortable with a photographer around us. For our engagement photos, Oliver did a really wonderful job with getting us to warm up to the camera. He knew how to get our natural laughs out and the photos are gorgeous! For our wedding, we could not be more pleased with how things went. We were efficient with the photos that we had planned for. Even with the rain and gloomy clouds, Oliver was able to capture us beautifully! We are amazed with the efficiency he and his assistant had. It was just like, bam! He got the shot! Overall, we loved Oliver's photography style from the very beginning. We are so happy we chose him to be our photographer. We know that we can look at our photos and remember what a great day we had. Thank you so much Oliver! Look no further for a photographer cuz you found THE ONE!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jen G

A great decision! Oliver and his wife, Cindy, are an amazing duo! We hired Verstyle to do our engagement and wedding day photos (the wedding happened just last week). So still waiting on our wedding photos but we were so happy with our engagement photos!! They came out great!... Read More Oliver and Cindy had a great mix of poses and candid photos for us and they have an ease about them that made my husband and I both very comfortable when being in front of the camera. Oliver provided us with so many great engagement photos that it was hard to choose just 1 for our wedding invites! They both also have a keen eye for the small details - they would always make sure that my jewelry was facing the right way or that my dress wasn't twisted on the bottom - all details that I appreciate looking right in my pictures! I would highly recommend hiring Oliver as he is professional, easy going, and great with his camera! I am so excited to get all my wedding photos back as I know that they will be amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Alyssa G

After hearing many good reviews and looking at his portfolio we were confident that choosing Oliver would be a great choice. We were able to meet with him and talk about our visions on how my husband and I wanted our wedding to be. We could tell be his personality that he would... Read More be a great fit for us. Oliver has a very genuine and honest personality that helped us feel very comfortable to trust him to shoot our big day. We first saw his work through our engagement shoot at Lands End, San Francisco- I could not believe how awesome those sunset photos turned out ( they are all over the house). Leading up to the wedding he was very responsive to any of our concerns/ questions. Before the big day he gave me some really good advice- to not stress out and enjoy the wedding day. I believe that Oliver had a great deal to providing me with the relief I needed. Once we received the photos it felt as if we were reliving the moment all over again. I am VERY happy with our wedding photos and can't wait to post them all over the house. I would recommend him to anyone getting married!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Apple B

Best decision ever.... When my hubby and I decided to renew our vows after 8yrs, there was only one person that I wanted to reach out to and photograph our special day, Oliver @Verstyle! I love his style and was exactly what we were looking for. We love candid photos and Oliver... Read More NAILED it!!! We just got our pictures from our vow renewal and we're absolutely in AWE! I can't stop looking at them! Oliver not only captured our love but also our personalities and interactions we had with our guests. I received so many compliments on our pictures and I would definitely recommend Oliver to anyone who is looking for a great photographer with great talent! Not only did he make us feel comfortable from the beginning, he's also fun to work with, very funny and very kind! Verstyle is a complete package. I can't forget about Cindy who also helped out during our wedding and we cannot thank you both enough!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Apple B

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 James H

My wife and I got married on 10/10/2015, and man was it quite a journey. Right off the bat, we prioritized photos as the most important since they capture the memories and feelings of that day. I was nervous since with all vendors it's usually a fine balance between talent,... Read More flexibility, reliability, and personability. Let's just say - after Oliver, I now have a true sense of what a vendor should be like because he excels in absolutely all four spectrums. *Talent* - What Oliver is able to capture on his camera is out of this world. The pictures that we've seen from the wedding made us smile, laugh, and cry with happiness with the moments that he captured. I cannot express enough how important of an anchor these pictures have been to our wedding - we look at them fondly everyday and there's not a single moment that we felt was missed from the wedding. How he did it with just two photographers is still a mystery to me - but we got multiple angles which leads me to believe Oliver must employ elves like Santa Claus. The vibrancy and brightness of his photos are pinterest-worthy and when Oliver told us he was available on our wedding date, we signed the dotted line without hesitation because he was our #1 choice. *Flexibility* Nothing ever goes to plan - and when that happens, you need a team of people who can roll with the punches. Let's just say for our wedding, we had a tornado of things that happened - and somehow Oliver was there (with his wife Cindy - our day of coordinator) to repaint the scene. One of our most favorite photos from the wedding actually happened during a hiccup with our DJ - when he played the wrong surprise song, and I was singing to my wife. Although caught off guard - somehow Oliver captured this photo of me looking sheepishly at my wife with her beaming with encouragement at the snafu. I still look at this picture and think how incredible it was that Oliver was able to transform this what could have been terrible situation into something beautiful. *Reliability* Hands down, most responsive, most reliable vendor we worked with. I didn't write a review for a lot of of our other vendors, but for Oliver and Cindy, it was a no-brainer. These two absolutely made our wedding come to life and I will be forever grateful for all that they did. *Personability* If you meet Oliver (and if you're lucky Cindy too), I will be shocked if you walk away from the meeting feeling anything more than the warm fuzzies. I recall my wife and my first meeting - expecting it to be our first of many, and thinking it was going to be a half hour. We left 3 hours later feeling like we just made two new best friends and completely forgot the fact that we had been hungry since the meeting went past our dinner time. The personability of Oliver also paid off in droves as he made our family and guests so comfortable while taking photos. All in all - if anybody needs a reference or needs to hear more about how much I love Oliver, I will happily give you my cell phone number to rave and share more love. If he isn't the #1 photographer on the Knot, I don't know who else would be more deserving and demand a recount! :D

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Irma R

There aren't enough "thank yous" to give Oliver, he is a such a genuine, honest person a bride could not ask for anything more. We met Oliver through my sister in law who had hired him for her wedding. We were quite impressed with his work and how professional he is. Oliver was... Read More with me the entire wedding day and he made me feel so comfortable and relaxed. He is great in communicating leading up to the wedding day and after. He has a great vision to unique pictures and to your style and is just amazing! I can't say enough great things about him and his team. Verstyle is a must to hire!

Exceptional Photographer

Reviewed on 1/17/2016 Stephanie H

We absolutely LOVED working with Oliver from Verstyle Photography. I had been reaching out to numerous photographers for a while, and then I came across Oliver. His website was stunning, and I could tell immediately I wanted him as our photographer for our wedding. I reached out... Read More to him about pricing, and we were able to work out something that was still within our budget. Oliver has impeccable customer service and was always very quick at responding. We first met up with Oliver for an initial meeting where he could get an idea of what we were looking for. After deciding we were all on the same page, we set up our engagement pictures. We went to San Francisco and Oliver was familiar with so many amazing spots. We were able to take pictures all over the city so we had tons of different backgrounds. The pictures turned out great! You can tell he is really passionate about photography and was willing to spend more time to get perfect shots. We never felt pressured that our time was coming to an end and he was in a rush to leave. During the engagement pictures, my husband and I were taught how to be comfortable in front of the camera. After a while, we got the hang of it! This is something that was great to have experience with before our wedding day so we knew what to expect. I highly recommend engagement pictures just so you can have a feel of how you and your photographer work together. On our wedding day, Oliver and his wife Cindy spent the first half of the day with us girls while we were getting ready. There was another photographer that was with the guys at the venue. I can't even believe how many pictures were taken that day.. thousands! When I go back and look at the pictures, it's as if I am reliving that day all over again. Not one single moment was missed, and that is so important. Oliver is so organized and makes sure to go over with you everything that you want from your wedding pictures. And he really delivers! I knew that finding the perfect photographer was high on my priority list because after your wedding day is over your, pictures will be a main reminder of what happened that day. I'm so happy that we chose to work with Oliver, we will forever have these amazing memories of our special day because of him.

Best in town!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Sheila N

Oliver is an exceptional photographer! He superseded our expectations and we are still oohing and awing over our look book! He is just so professional and personable that you don't feel like he is intruding on your special day. He blended into our wedding as if he was a part of... Read More it and from the photos we have seen, he was able to capture our wedding in ways we never imagined. His eye caught every detail that we would have never noticed. For me, I didn't want too many staged photos, I wanted him to capture feelings through still photo and he was able to do that. To begin, our first meeting was just so very heartwarming. He wanted to know who we were as individuals and as a couple. We immediately felt comfortable (my now-husband and Oliver were gabbing over shared hobbies). We spoke about our families, values, and he learned what was important to us. He communicated with us through texts and emails to plan our engagement shoot. At first, we weren't going to do an engagement shoot, but he shared with us that the shoot helps us get comfortable in front of the camera and he was able to better understand us more as a couple. It was so much fun! I am so glad we took the time to do an engagement shoot. Oliver is a very determined photographer. We walked through San Francisco and then moved over to Treasure Island. Poor Oliver though, the wind was not in his favor (and our hair). He pressed on and did lots of editing to make sure our hair wasn't looking crazy in the great winds of SF. We met again and he walked through our reception venue. He was able to imagine our wedding and already plotted his execution. The early morning of our wedding day, he woke us up with his awesome personality and had the girls energized! My mother was a bit camera shy, but he really helped her feel comfortable and got some amazing shots of the moment my mother and I shared. I will always treasure that. He had a second shooter with the guys, and that went as smooth as can be. The second shooter even got the guys to the church early! Oliver was stuck to me like glue to the minute I walked down the aisle with my father. My ceremony venue was very strict about where the photographers can physically be, and he was able to capture moments as if he was standing directly in front of us. Oliver was so very organized and quick that we were able to get our family photos done within 30 minutes (let me tell you, it's a large feat). Oliver didn't think it was crazy that I wanted McDonald's after the wedding and captured some fun photos. He had done his research before and had our limo driver take the bridal party to a nearby lake to take some wonderful group pictures. My husband and I slipped away with Oliver to take some photos back at the church, and he captured the scenery so well. During the reception, he ran with us! Every corner I turned, he made sure to be there. Again, he blended into the wedding so well that I forgot he was there! Oliver was able to capture the love we share with each other, the love we share with our friends and family, and the fun that we all had! We were not able to afford a videographer, but Oliver was more than enough b/c of his expertise and talent to capture still photos that came to life. Thank you Oliver, we will forever be grateful that you were our eyes so we could relive our wedding over and over again!

Oliver Dumlao

I am a wedding and lifestyle photographer based out of Hayward, CA serving the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. I consider my style a blend of fine art and documentary photography. What defines my work is the love and support of my family and friends and without them I wouldn't know where I would be today. I'm absolutely in love with photographing weddings and working with all of my couples to make their celebration the best day ever.