Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

262 Brockett Street, Newington, CT (860) 372-4550

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Kayleigh M

We absolutely loved our cakes! The formal display cake was exactly what we asked for and better! In addition to our display cake we ordered two additional sheet cakes. All flavors were amazing and our guests loved the variety. Matt was not only professional and easy to work... Read More with, he was responsive and made sure we received exactly the vision we wanted. An overall amazing experience! highly recommend this vendor for your wedding day or event! - Marchetti Wedding

Stunning work, delicious cake, wonderful service!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Shayna

Vida Doce made our wedding cake, and it was phenomenal!! They were always easy to get in touch with, and during our initial meeting/tasting we tried some really delicious cakes and frostings. We went with a vanilla bean cake with blackberry buttercream filling and a rough... Read More buttercream frosting on the outside. They worked with us to create the look and size cake that fit with our budget and style of wedding. They were an absolute joy to work with, and I would recommend them to anyone! We plan on going back soon just to try some of the other tasty treats they have!!

Cupcakes and Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Alicia H

We tried a few different bakeries in the central Connecticut area for our September 2013 wedding, and Vita Doce was by far the tastiest, most elegant and best value we could find. I have a serious sweet tooth and I wanted a variety of cupcakes along with a traditional small... Read More round cake and individual mousse cakes so that I could ensure everyone had a dessert they could enjoy. Other bakeries had minimum quantities for different flavors but Vita Doce was able to accommodate my request for 6 different cupcake flavors, along with a completely different cake flavor. I had specific requests for frosting colors along with embellishments, which was no problem for the chefs and each one was beautiful. I got many compliments on the delicious cakes and if that wasn't enough the frosting all over everyone's mouths was the real proof! Our host even admitted to stashing an extra cupcake away for the next day!

Guest

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Miasofia R

I was recently a guest at a wedding and had the most delicious chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling. It was absolutely amazing. I have had cakes made by Vida Doce at other weddings and events in the past and I have to say, they are always the freshest and most beautiful... Read More cakes I've had and seen. I have ordered cakes and pastries over the past several years and will continue to use them for all my cake and pastry needs. By the way, the grooms cake (sports car) was absolutely gorgeous!

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Sylvia R

Vida Doce is amazing!!! Matthew did our wedding cake last July It was amazing!! It was a Beach Theme Cake. The flavor in the cake to the decorations on the cake I have to say it was the most amazing cake I have ever seen and tasted. We are now pregnant with our first child and I... Read More went to Matthew for another cake. I have to say it was the most beautiful baby Butt cake I have ever seen in my life. People went to see the cake first before they came to say hi to me. I must say I can never go anywhere else for a specialty cake.

Couldn't have been better.

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

My husband and I used Vida Doce for our wedding cake and we really could not have asked for a better experience. After our tasting we decided on apple cake, for our fall themed wedding. A week later, our guests are still talking about how delicious the cake was! Our cake was... Read More absolutely beautiful as well. The artistry that Matt and Susana have is unbelievable. You can tell they really love what they do and are true perfectionists. The tasting/consultation was fun and informative and Melissa was lovely to do business with. She was also very helpful answering our questions at the consultation. Seeing as our experience with Vida Doce was such a positive one we are very much looking forward to doing business with them in the future!

Vita Doce Cafe and pastry

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Carla H

I contacted Melissa @ Vita Doce in Newington, CT so that I could have her create a beautiful wedding dress for my future daughter in laws shower out of "cupcakes".. She did an AMAZING job.. I found out about Melissa's shop through my sister who had a baby cake made for her... Read More daughters baby shower.. That too was amazing.. The cake was so moist and delicious (choc. mousse) ALL the people who attended wanted to know who made this masterpiece !.. It was a baby's bottom sticking up with her tiny feet showing.. They were even able to actually put "wrinkles" on the baby's feet. ! so creative and DELICIOUS.. Same with my wedding dress.. The cupcakes were so moist and delicious.. I look forward to Melissa decorating a "special cake" for my son's wedding coming up in Nov... Can't tell you what it is b/c its a surprise..but I can tell you.. it will be fabulous, wonderfully creative and EXTREMELY DELICIOUS.. I can't say enough about this place.. I highly recommend it.. Also, the staff there is so easy to deal with.. very pleasant and professional ... GO THERE NOW !.. it's so worth it !.. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share my genuine feelings about VITA DOCE Cafe in Newington, CT

Delicious and Beautiful Cakes

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Sara S

I get all my occasion cakes from Vida Doce. They always come through with a finished product that is not only gorgeous but delicious. Guests always ask where I get my cakes because they are so delicious. My bridesmaids ordered my shower cake from Vida Doce, we got our groom's... Read More cake and wedding cake from them as well. The decorations on the cakes are always what we ask for and sometimes even better than expected. We always try different fillings and cake flavors and have never been disappointed. I recommend them to everyone!

Exactly what I wanted

Reviewed on 9/25/2013

What I envisioned my wedding cake to look like is exactly what I got with Vida Doce. My husband and I were thrilled not only in seeing our cake but it was delicious as well. I would highly recommend and have been recommending Vida Doce to family and friends.

Exceptionally Talented and creative!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Kaila B

Vida Doce made both my bridal shower cake and grooms cake and they came out perfect! For my husband I brought in a photo of an Xbox cake I found online and Matt pulled it off perfectly. He is amazingly talented, there are no words to describe, you just have to see for yourself.... Read More I didn't expect it to look as realistic as it did! I was blown away when I picked it up. It was the talk of my rehearsal dinner for sure! And delicious! Melissa was super nice to work with, They make delicious cakes, and are very reasonably priced. I am returning to them to make a baby shower cake for my cousin in December and I know they will blow me and the mom to be away again with their creativity. I would definitely recommend Vida Doce to other brides! Thanks you guys!! The Santiago's

Best cake ever !

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Ruth R

I used Vida Doce for my wedding and everyone of my guest told me that it was the most delicious cake they have ever tried. It was not only really decicious but it looked wonderful. They went above and beyond in order to make a my wedding cake. The staff is pleasant and they were... Read More always ready to please me. I will definitely use them in the future for other parties. Love them ! Thanks !

Miscommunication

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Heather B

I went with Vida Doce for our wedding cake and wedding cupcakes because I attended a bridal show where Vida Doce was handing out samples for red velvet and my hubby and I LOVED it. However, when it came time for ordering our cake we told them exactly what we wanted for our... Read More wedding cake but mentioned that we wanted lots of cupcakes surrounding the cake. We did not know what we wanted on the cupcakes but knew that we wanted something that matched our theme. They helped us come up with ideas of little anchors that went with our ocean theme, so we agreed to this. When it came to pricing they gave us an estimate of what we wanted (cake and cupcakes with embellishments) and then gave us pricing on cupcakes and cake without the embellishments, my husband and I insisted that we wanted the embellishments but she insisted she would keep both prices on hand just in case (DID SHE THINK WE COULDNT AFFORD IT?!?) When it came time to pay for our wedding cake and cupcakes I gave them my card information over the phone and told them I wanted embellishments on the cupcakes not all but some just as planned when we went over it the first time. I paid, and asked for a receipt to be emailed to me to go over everything and make sure it was correct. I NEVER RECEIVED THAT RECEIPT WHICH COULD OF SAVED THIS FROM HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE. My wedding day came, and there were the plain cupcakes on the table all around the cake. They were delicious, but not what my husband and I wanted. Disappointed. I contacted VIda Doce about this error and the best they could do for me is give me a wedding cake on my one year anniversary and cupcakes with embellishments. I expected my money back. UPDATE: I was contacted after they read this review and they still continue to stress that I got what I paid for, not understanding that it's not what we asked for and we would of been willing to pay more. Their replied seemed like more of an attack then a "What can I do to make this better?" Don't waste your time or money. Feel free to contact me to see the contract that stated what I want on my cupcakes and then the final pictures. Vida Doce does not take responsibility for their mistakes. I asked them to make cookies and a cake for a baby shower coming up and they responded that they were reluctant to do business with me after my nasty review, after I responded, they never replied, ... I decided to make the cookies and cake myself for the upcoming baby shower as I would not want this person's day ruined like my big day was! Very unprofessional!

So talented!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Susana R

Working with this shop was such a delight! I had an idea of what I wanted and they took it to another level. My cake had an ombré effect with flowers going down the front. The end result was out of this world! They are so talented and pay such close attention to details. I don't... Read More know of any other place in the area that does such creative and delicious work. My cake was not only beautiful but it was also the best cake I've ever had. The guests are still raving about it! Whether you're looking for something out-of-the-box or traditional, they have the skills to make it happen.

Great Cake, Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Stacey P

I just recently got married this month, and was shopping around for a surprise fire helmet grooms cake for my firefighter husband. The day was approaching fast and didn't think anybody would take the time to create the type of cake I was hoping for. Very soon after my email to... Read More Vida Doce, Melissa emailed me back . She was so patient with my "wedding schedule" and was so accommodating. The cake arrived at the venue perfectly and was such a surprise for my husband and all of his firefighter friends. He was still noticing the small details on the cake the day after! I had chosen the banana cake with the nutella filling. UNBELIEVABLE! We froze a small piece to have along with our wedding cake to have on our anniversary. Luckily we wont have to wait a whole year to sample again, as we will now be routine visitors!

Amazing Cake!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Nokafu K

We had both the red velvet and chocolate cake for my wedding. The cake was so good and all our guests were talking about it. Thank you Vida Doce for making my cake! It was worth all the money spent. You treated us (my husband and I) with respect and a high degree of... Read More professionalism. I will recommend you to any bride planning her wedding in the area :).

So good!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Moy O

At our tasting session with Melissa, we were able to sample a variety of cakes and fillings which all tasted great. We chose vanilla bean with alternating layers of mocha and Kahlua. Melissa was very attentive and listened to our ideas for the design of the cake and offered... Read More helpful suggestions. After spending just a little time in their shop, we knew that Matthew and Melissa are a hard working, down-to-earth couple with very high standards and that we'd be pleased with their work. They made a stunning, modern cake that tasted as good as it looked (it could be in a magazine)!!! It was what we wanted and better than we had expected in every way!

Delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Samantha P

The cakes from Vida Doce are to die for! My cake was beautiful and elegant and still tasted amazing! They had tons of different flavors and styles to choose from.

Best pastry shop in town

Reviewed on 8/06/2012 Vanessa C

What a wonderful experience you'll get if you go to Vida Doce pastry shop all their cakes pastries and goodies are always made so fresh with all of the best ingrediants. I have never once had a bad experience,all the cakes are extraordinary and they always go above and beyond... Read More our expectations with such beautiful artwork and creativity galore! The customer service there is amazing the owners Matthew and Melussa are such down to earth people along with their staff. They always make their customers feel right at home. If you're interested in getting a taste of Portugal experiencing a new culture this is the place to go. Also, if you want to make your dream wedding cake or birthday cake there is no doubt that that Vida Doce is the place to go!

Stunning and delicious!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Sandra B

Worked with Melissa to design our custom cupcake/cake to match our color pallette.Tasting was so yummy, and she sent me home with a few so my fiance could sample. They also helped design a special suprise wedding cake for my grandma. Open to design concepts, very friendly, and... Read More affordable, and delicious!

Cake Great...Pricey

Reviewed on 1/06/2012 Alicia M

The cake was great...we didn't realize how expensive our cake was until we heard from other people what they paid for theirs. However, if you don't mind spending money they do a great job. I had a pretty large cake and an amazing grooms cake - they do a really great job with... Read More custome cakes.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/08/2011 Kara T

We tried many different cake shops before we selected Vida Doce. Once we tried their cakes, there was no doubt in our minds we wanted them! The cake was so fresh, and delicious. We ordered the banana cake with nutella buttercream, and chocolate ganache. My mouth is watering just... Read More thinking about how amazing it was! So many of our friends and family commented on it, and wanted more! In addition to the wonderful flavors, the decor on it was perfect, just as we wanted. Thank you so much to everyone at Vida Doce who helped make our wedding cake perfect. Kara and Will Colon 8/13/11

Happy Camper

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Neshlie O

Just about a month before our wedding, the person who was supposed to professionally make our wedding cake called us and told us that for personal reasons, she couldn't make it. Ladies, by this time, you know it's "crunch time." I was very worried about finding a shop to make... Read More our cake, but we came across Vida Doce in Newington, CT and spoke to the staff. They were very helpful and lifted a great amount of weight off our shoulder. I was very pleased with the taste, price, conveniency, and how professional these individuals were. The day of our wedding came and I remember walking down the center of the ballroom and our cake looked so perfect as it stood up on the stage. Once again, I was very pleased and everyone was highly satisfied. Thank you!

Awesome Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Damaris S

I had a custom cake made for my wedding which had about 150 guests. We wanted puffins as our cake topper and they were able to make them. My husband and I loved the cake. Guests were taking tons of pictures of the cake and loved it. The cake not only looked great but tasted... Read More amazing! Working with them was very easy. I was an out of state bride and they were great!! I definitely recommend Vida Doce they make amazing pastry's, cakes & are great to work with :)

Delicious cupcakes!

Reviewed on 8/06/2011 Lisa C

We ordered our wedding cupcakes from Vida Doce and they were the most delicious (and beautiful) cupcakes we had ever had. We received so many compliments from guests and even froze a few to savor at a later date!

May 21, 2011

Reviewed on 7/03/2011 Sue S

Wonderful Cake!!!! I went in with a lot of different ideas not exactly knowing which direction to go in (modern or traditional) Matthew is so creative and encouraged me to be a little bold and go with the more modern choice. Not only was the cake delicious, but it surpassed... Read More all of my expectations. It was awesome!!!!!