Village By The Sea

Wells, ME

Book Your Wedding with Village By The Sea

A BALLROOM IN WELLS, ME

Village by the Sea in Wells, Maine is close to both Kennebunkport and Ogunquit, which means couples choosing this venue for their wedding events find the location convenient. There is space for outdoor ceremonies and indoor receptions that just can't be beat. Only one wedding at a time is booked at this all-suites hotel, so the wedding couple has the privacy and attention they are looking for on the most important day of their lives

The Maine Ballroom. The ballroom welcomes a total of 200 of your closest friends and relatives. It features three walls full of windows for natural light and delightful views of the beautiful pergola and surrounding gardens. Decorative lights are strung along the ceiling and there's a dance floor in center of the room for trying out the latest dance craze. Since the room is made up of neutral colors, couples can decorate the space to fit their own themes or color schemes. Also located within the space is a bar for drinks.

Major highlights include:

•  3 New 9 x 10 foot wide Glass Windows and Doors on West side of Ballroom
  • New 650 Foot Patio with Sprawling Pergola
  • New French Doors opening up onto new Patio
  • New Landscaping Lights
  • New Plantings and Privacy Gate/Arbor

Wedding Ceremony Area with new Wedding Pergola. Have your ceremony outdoors in the picturesque pergola. The bride enters the space through French Doors and walks down the brick aisle on the arm of her escort. The happy couple stands in front of the pergola to recite their vows. The gazebo can be decorated with fresh flowers and the luscious green foliage serves as the backdrop for the pictures. Once the ceremony is over, friends and relatives need only take a few steps to reach the cocktail hour location.

There's no need to spend time searching for a caterer, as the culinary team at Village by the Sea is ready to impress. Your guests have access to a vegetable display and an imported cheese and fruit tray as soon as they arrive. A little later, the hors d'oeuvre are passed around. Choose from chicken pesto bruschetta on Cuban bread, potato pancakes with sour cream and mini cranberry meatballs. Once your guests have worked up their appetites for dinner, a traditional Maine baked haddock, imperial chicken or lobster macaroni and cheese is served. If you'd rather have a buffet, that can be arranged as well.

The wedding couple and their guests have access to the ceremony site for up to one hour with use of the ballroom for a total of five hours (including cocktail hour). The professional, on-site event coordinator is happy to assist with any special requests, advice on preferred vendors and setting up time with the culinary team to have your wedding cake designed. Cake-cutting services are complimentary and every reception package comes with the use of the facility's tables, white wooden chiavari chairs and white or cream floor-length linens with white or cream overlay and matching napkins. The China, glasses and tableware are set up for you as well and plenty of coffee and tea is on hand for you and your guests.

Village by the Sea has a private room where half of the wedding party can prepare for the ceremony. Every package includes a complimentary suite for the wedding couple where the other members of the wedding party can get ready. Since the resort is an all-suite hotel, the wedding couple and their out-of-town guests can secure lodging for the wedding.

• Handicap accessible
  • On-site parking
  • Outdoor swimming pool
  • Hot tub
  • Fitness gym
  • Basketball and bocce courts
  • Game room

Wells Maine's Finest Reception and Ceremony Site

Newly renovated, beautiful Maine Ballroom for weddings of up to 200. Classy, affordable, exceptional wedding receptions in newly renovated Ballroom with Terrace. Plus exceptional new Wedding Pergola Ceremony site. Full service resort near the ocean, perfect for destination weddings. In Wells, minutes from world famous Kennebunkport and picturesque Ogunquit. Suite lodging.

Ballroom, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1373 Post Rd, Wells, ME (207) 646-1100

will be going back!

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Jen J

Huge rooms, great location, beautiful views of the ocean.

Lovely Wedding

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Jennifer L

Jennifer at Village by the Sea was very accommodating to all of our requests. We were very particular about organization, so we ended up making our own spreadsheet pre-wedding to keep track of everything we had talked about with Jennifer, which was very helpful in the end. She... Read More did a wonderful job the night of the wedding making sure everything was on track and beautiful! Great bang for your buck, and our guests LOVED the accommodations in the hotel rooms.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jackie f

We just had our rehearsal dinner, wedding and a post nuptial brunch at Village By The Sea, and from day 1, our experience with the sales and events team of Gail, Jaimie and April was 100% positive, helpful and fantastic. These ladies bent over backwards to help us, our wedding... Read More party and our guests have a great experience. Every single one of our guests that stayed in a room at VBTS complimented us on how much they enjoyed the rooms, the view and the fantastic party that we had in the Maine Ballroom. We looked at a lot of venues in our home state of Massachusetts to get married and it was a very happy accident when someone mentioned this fantastic place to us, while visiting my father in law in Wells, that we whipped out our phone and came in for a visit. VBTS was the only venue where my husband and I walked out after viewing that we turned to each other and instantly knew where our wedding would be held. Gail specifically was absolutely amazing and has the patience of a saint. This woman worked all three events and was with me every step of the way the day of the wedding. I don't know when she sleeps. She even took drink orders and had appetizers passed while the wedding party was taking formal pictures. The service, attention to detail, value and genuine kind friendly people are second to none, and certainly more than we ever observed from staff at other venues. We can't wait to come back and visit on our anniversary.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lori O

We saw an ad for a bridal show located at VBTS Feb 2016. It was so much fun and we had the opportunity to speak with the planners there. We knew immediately we wanted to get married.! The Venue is beautiful and welcoming. We loved the layout and the Rooms our guest would be... Read More staying in. We picked a date Sept 2017 and worked over a year with planning the guests ,picking the food , cake , music and attire. Gayle, April Jayme and Jill are wonderful! We are so happy that we had the best food music and guest! We ate laughed, danced til late. We will recommend this well organized, kind, professional venue to everyone. We had 14 rooms reserved and our family and friends that stayed enjoyed! Thank you all so much for being so kind. We will see you on our Anniversary!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Caroline T

Where do I even begin...my fiancé and I fell in love with Village by the Sea when we went to look at it. Despite how beautiful the venue is, thing that really sold us were the guest rooms. Each room has its own kitchen, living room, two full bathrooms and beautiful deck... Read More overlooking the water. They are absolutely amazing and very spacious, which made getting ready with my bridesmaids very easy. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and morning after brunch at Village by the Sea and everything went great! They put in a new pergola outside for the ceremony and it is stunning! The entire staff is so friendly and helpful, especially Jayme--she was our go to with our wedding planning and during our wedding weekend and she was so amazing! We can't wait to go back up and stay there for our 1st anniversary! Definitely book Village by the Sea!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Sary P

We had our wedding here Labor Day weekend and could not have asked for a more perfect Day! We chose this venue because everything was all in one location and the beach was nearby for some wonderful photos. Our guests loved the passed hor devours (we had mango chicken, steak... Read More skewers & meatballs) and were very impressed with our buffet dinner of prime rib and chicken saltimbocca so I highly recommend it over a plated dinner. The cake was made by "let them eat Cake" and turned out beautifully and was part of the package. Overall if you are looking for a beautiful venue without breaking the bank this is it!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Nicole T

Jill and April are amazing, this is the first and only venue we looked at. Our rooms were perfect since everyone was at least an hour away from home. The ballroom looked beautiful and the wait staff was top notch. My husband and I were married on 10/24, we had our ceremony in a... Read More church because we were worried about the weather. I really wanted pictures outside in the gazebo but was not sure if we would have enough light. Jill and April kept the gazebo lights on and hung flowers inside so we could get those pictures. I did not have to worry about a thing, Jill and April were on top of everything. We look forward to going back on our anniversary.

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

It's been three months since our wedding. We are still amazed at how well we were treated at VBTS. Jill and April were wonderful to work with. The accommodations were top notch for us and our wedding guests. The ceremony was everything we had hoped for and the reception was top... Read More notch. We highly recommend Village By The Sea!!!

Best Day of My Life!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Mallory B

The wedding coordinators, Jill and April, and the rest of the staff, truly made our day special. I can't think you all enough! Starting from day 1, when we visited Village by the Sea for the first time, we fell in love with this venue. Not only were the people helpful and... Read More gracious, the ballroom, ceremony site, and condominium suites also exceeded our expectations. We visited 5 other venues prior to VBTS and they simply didn't compare when we were reviewing atmosphere, convenience and price! 17 days later and we are still getting calls, emails, and texts from our guests, who can't stop raving about what a great time they had. We know the day would have been special regardless, but Village by the Sea really went above and beyond and helped us create the magical day we'd been dreaming about. Thank you to all who played a role in making our wedding day the best day of our lives together (so far)! We will most definitely be returning for future overnight adventures! Regards, Ryan and Mallory Dunphy

Put on the perfect wedding

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Michelle C

Village by the Sea (VBTS) was the first and only venue we looked at. As soon as we saw it we knew it was perfect! Not only was the venue great, but the planners, Jill and April were so easy to work with. They were both incredibly responsive to questions and helpful in making... Read More decisions. VBTS offers different packages that include 5 hours with the hall, apps, entrees and even the cake [Cake is provided by Let Them Eat Cake, I wrote a separate review]. We chose the Pearl package, not only was the food delicious but it was also more affordable than other places we had looked at online. The entire reception timeline was planned out perfectly from the introductions to the last call. It was the best night of my life and I am so thankful to Jill and April for helping make sure everything went smoothly. I hope you consider VBTS when looking to plan a wedding in Southern Maine.

Wonderful wedding venue!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Stephanie d

We wanted a nice venue that wouldn't break the bank. I had looked at several places in Southern Maine, but was having a lot of issues with price at most of the coastal venues. Village By The Sea fit into our budget pretty comfortably, and we were very happy with it! The rooms... Read More for guests were amazing -- everyone raved about the accommodations. The food (food, champagne toast, cake, and cocktail hour snacks were included in the venue price) was very good -- actually much better on the wedding day than it was at our tasting! The cake -- included in the price but made by Let Them Eat Cake was absolutely amazing. I would eat that cake every day of my life if I could -- and it was beautifully made! Jill and April were extremely helpful in the months leading up to the wedding, working with me for decorating and other options. I must have contacted them no less than 5000 times with questions and ideas, and they were always gracious and helpful! They brought my vision to life with the decorations, and I was so happy to see the banquet hall on the day of -- it was exactly what I had envisioned, and it was perfect. They did the ceiling decorations that I had made, and then we did the rest of the decorating ourselves when we got there the day before -- they were very helpful throughout this entire process. On the weekend of the wedding, April and Jill were both around throughout the entire rehearsal and wedding, and they both helped in any way they could! Service was great and helped to make my day as the bride as easy as pie. The area for the bride and bridal party to get ready is very nice as well. The area for the outdoor ceremony concerned me at first, because it IS very close to the road. They did a lot of landscaping this year though, and are doing more for next summer, and it really looks gorgeous at this point. Even with the close proximity to the road, believe me when I told you that during the ceremony, you could not hear traffic at all, nor was the road distracting. Many people, including myself, forgot it was even there! I highly recommend Village By The Sea if you are looking for a wedding on a bit of a budget, but still want that beachy feel of Southern Coastal Maine.

Beautiful and Affordable

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Shannon G

I first decided to look at Village by the Sea as our reception location because my best friend had her reception there several years ago, and they were fantastic. I must say, the service was still fantastic! I compared the pricing at Village by the Sea to other venues and... Read More options (ie. having a "backyard style") and their pricing was the best bang for your buck. The package we had included all of the food, the champagne toast, the cake, and two free nights for the bride and groom. The hotel manager and even coordinator were great to work with, and they assigned us our very own person for the day, who took care of our every need and want (often before we even had to ask). They also offer guest accommodations at a discounted rate, which was super helpful for our friends and family. I would definitely recommend Village by the Sea to other couples!

great place for a wedding reception

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 leanne S

My day was perfect! We had a lot of out of town guests so it was great that they all could stay right there after the reception! Jennifer was a great day of coordinator as well!!

Absolutely wonderful

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Meredith P

Village by the Sea was the perfect place for our wedding. They have an on-site coordinator who did so much work for us, and made our big day go off without a hitch. The venue was beautiful, we got a beautiful wedding suite for the weekend, and our guests had a great time.... Read More Amazing food, helpful and professional staff, A+ overall.

Jennifer made our Wedding the PERFECT Day!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Megan B

Jennifer was our wedding coordinator at Village By The Sea. What an amazing job she did!! I heard through the grapevine that she even ran out to McDonald's for one of the quest's because their little one didnt care for the food. She also let us do a last minute meal switch for... Read More my brother.....We cannot thank you enough for everything you did to make our wedding day a dream come true! The venue was breathtaking and the day flowed perfectly all thanks to you! Thank you so much Jennifer! OH! And the picture's are coming soon!! Michael and Megan