Voted Best Destination Wedding Planner in Hawaii

Vintage & Lace is a highly experienced, Wedding Planning and Design company, known for an aesthetic that is classically timeless yet charmingly modern. We believe every celebration has a story to tell and we help create a cohesive style and experience that is unique to each couple. We understand that planning a wedding, especially a destination wedding, can be challenging. We strive to provide our clients with the highest quality service and our experience and expertise is unmatched on the islands as we have planned, coordinated, and designed hundreds of successful events in our 8 years of business in Hawaii. Vintage & Lace is the proud recipient of the Knot Best of Weddings Award, Bride's Choice Award on Wedding Wire and has been voted Best Wedding Planning Service on all the islands.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Kailua Kona, Big Island, HI Hawaii Island, Maui, Oahu, Kauai, Molokai (808) 238-0742
PINTEREST

Our wedding day is beyond imaginations thanks to Vintage & Lace

Reviewed on 2/05/2015

Our wedding date was 01/28/15. If you want your dream day to look like the weddings put together by Vintage & Lace, you need to work with Rachael!!! As a bride who wants to create the perfect wedding experience not just for ourselves but also for everyone attending,... Read More that's the first question I asked myself. It was a dreamy day for all guests and they couldn't stop complementing how gorgeous everything was. Vintage & Lace was referred to me by the planner of a best friend who got married in Oahu about 5 years ago. After browsing their website, I immediately decided to hire them -all their weddings look AMAZING!!! on the websites. After seeing mine for real, it felt even better than the pictures. Unlike many brides who plan their wedding days almost a year ahead, mine only had a lead time of about 5 months - which includes searching for the bridal gowns ... crazy huh?Bear in mind, they are really popular and busy so not all inquiries can be accommodated. Since we wanted to have our wedding in our favorite island and my love for Rachael's rustic and elegant design concept, we managed to choose a date based on Vintage & Lace's availability ... I have to say EVERYONE including my husband, who was not much involved in the planning, was amazed by how the day turned out. Many guests thought it's PERFECT and the most UNIQUE wedding they have ever attended. That certainly made me very proud ... I totally understood the stress that most brides may experience during the planning process, and making it happen on a remote island esp if neither of you have traveled to doesn't help at all. I got married last week so memories are still fresh ...With that, I want to say that you will need to trust your planner. Rachael knows the venue and all the vendors so well. She will be confidently helping you select and work with all of the them to make your day perfect. I'm glad that I placed the trust in the right directions - all my vendors were amazing whether they were chosen by myself or by Rachael. I will also leave some well deserved reviews for them as well. Regarding how to work with Vintage & Lace, based on my experiences, you should rely on their recommendations for vendors or let Rachael choose for you i.e. hair stylist, equipment rental etc ... As the bride, you should also do your part on time to avoid last minute rush or stress, create the stationary set, share your vision of the wedding day (mine was a chic beach wedding design - Rachael made it so much better than I could imagine),search/design other wedding decorations like guest book, ring pillow, coasters, signage ... anything you want Rachael to incorporate into the design of the ceremony and reception dinner. If you have months ahead of the big day, I am sure you will do a wonderful job on your side. Mine was a bit rush towards the end as wedding planning in the US is totally 'strange' to me. I had no idea what should be included in a wedding here. (I moved to CA from Shanghai last year) But Rachael did a superb job incorporating my stuff (a driftwood guestbook with design of love birds in a tree, bird nest ring holder, customs designed bar menu) into the overall design. Adding special musician (ukulele) or performances (fire dance) will help spice up the day.They are small cost items. The day went by in what felt like seconds ...but thanks to Rachael it was such a dream come true. All my girlfriends either want to get married again or start planning their day too!

Vintage Hawaii Wedding on the Big Island, Kona

Reviewed on 8/02/2013

We highly recommend hiring Vintage and Lace for your wedding on the Big Island. As a result of hiring Vintage and Lace, my husband and I were able to afford the wedding of our dreams. Leading up to the wedding, Rachael did an excellent job of helping to find vendors that were... Read More amazing and worked within our budget. She helped us to come up with ideas for details and made our ideas and concepts come to life. Our wedding was held at the Hawaiian Oasis, which is a Bed and Breakfast, not a hall, restaurant or hotel. It required us to bring in many vendors and do everything on our own. We rented tables, chairs and linens, hired babysitters, lighting, a photographer, a videographer, a caterer, live music, a bar tender, and even fire dancers. This was not an easy wedding to pull off, but Rachael rose to the occasion and exceeded our expectations. We were not on site during the hours leading up to the wedding and had no idea what to expect when we returned to walk down the aisle. When we finally arrived, we found out that it had began to down pour just minutes before. Rachael had to make some last minute changes and major decisions. Her actions helped save the night and allowed us to just show up and enjoy the rest of the (thankfully rain free) evening. She made sure we stuck to our schedule and that everyone played their part perfectly. Mahalo Rachael!

V&L makes dreams come true!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013

My husband found Vintage and Lace while looking for wedding planners. I was immediately impressed by all the amazing pictures of the weddings she has put together. I called her and booked her right away. That was the best decision we made for the wedding. Rachael is everything I... Read More ever wanted in a wedding planner. I didn't think that a wedding planner of her caliber existed in Hawaii, let alone the Big Island. She took care of EVERYTHING!! She knows everyone in the wedding industry on the Big Island. Everyone she referred to us/booked for us were super nice and did an amazing job. She took my rustic country wedding idea and gave us the most elegant country wedding I could ever ask for! It was better than I could ever imagine. As I look through pictures of our wedding, I'm still in shock of how beautiful it was! She is truly gifted--she organized everything, designed a beautiful wedding, and was always calm and kind during the entire process. Vintage and Lace definitely is the BEST wedding planner in Hawaii. We are truly grateful to have had her plan our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Rachael G

We had the honor of having Rachael of Vintage & Lace for our day of coordinator on 4/15/17 and to this day, we swear it changed the entire day. She was perfect and made our day truly care-free and absolutely wonderful. We were living on the island at the time, so we had the... Read More luxury of meeting up with Rachael beforehand and going over our ideas and hearing hers. She took our ideas, and made our dreams come alive. She is busy, so sometimes communication can be a little tricky, but in the end everything will work out perfectly. We talk about it all the time, and even our guests commented on it, Rachael did a great job of making sure everything ran seamlessly with somehow hardly making it known she was even there. We can’t thank her enough for helping provide us with the perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Stephanie S

I have contacted 6 other dissatisfied past clients of Rachaels and would encourage any others to file with the State of Hawaii Office of Consumer Protection to put her fraudulent behavior to rest and put her out of business.... Read More http://cca.hawaii.gov/ocp/files/2015/08/OCP-Complaint-Form.pdf 4/26 I hired an attorney to write a demand letter. Subsequently, Rachael agreed to provide a refund and give back the photo frames she has possession of. 5/3 My attorney checked in, she claimed she had an attorney, to discover no attorney. Another lie. She stated she would not speak to me, or meet up with anyone personally associated with me. We proposed my new wedding planner to pick up items from her, now with no reply. Still, no refund, still withholding my photo frames. I do not understand how people go through life stealing from people. I pray that no one hires this woman, as you will be robbed. I would be leery of any 5 star reviews on her page

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Stephanie M

NIGHTMARE IN THE MAKING - DO NOT HIRE HER!! I am beginning to wonder what I am paying her for. $1800 for design, and $1800 for day of coordination. So far, her communication has been horrendous, putting it lightly. I asked her for linen samples, after waiting 2 months and no... Read More samples, I took it upon myself to visit the showroom of the vendor she recommended. I chose my linens, on my own. I asked for a vision board after a couple months of waiting, she literally grabbed ALL the photos from my pinterest, copied and pasted it to a document, slapped in a couple of her own inventory pieces and called it my "design board". In February we set up a time to meet in person as I was visiting the island (I live on the mainland CA), the day of our appt, her child was sick, and wasn't able to make it, so we met the next day. We met, discussed layout of reception site, design etc, she said that she would send me a quote from the vendors regarding what it would cost to do what we envisioned. On March 10 I asked for an update on quote, no reply. On march 13th she said she was out of the office and would get back to me next day. She failed, didn't get back to me as she said she would. March 15th I checked in, no reply. April 7th, I checked in, no reply. April 17th, I checked in.. finally got a reply April 18th proposing a meeting for today. I agreed to the meeting time today April 24th, asked her to confirm that time, she never responded. Assumed the meeting was today as that was what she proposed, that time has come and gone, she has yet to be in touch with me. We are 50 days out from our wedding and nothing is finalized, other than what I have done. Additionally, design services include design of invitations, menus, etc. She did ZERO of it. I have done everything because she fails to communicate and be any help. DO NOT HIRE HER.. YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY WARNED. I will attempt to upload screen shots of all of my attempted conversations with her to plead my case. I am fearful of the nightmare my wedding will be at this point, as I am not confident that she will pull through.

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Maile C

We attended a wedding that Rachael had coordinated. Beautiful & stunning! I fell completely in love & told my (boyfriend then) that whenever 'it' (getting married) happens, I want Vintage & Lace to be a part of our big day! Within a year & half, it was time to plan our wedding!... Read More I told my fiancé.."vintage & lace!!" We went on board with V&L. I have to say..there were some lack of communication but it was just me trying to reassure that everything was going swell.. I didn't want to be a bridezilla about it and knew that with patience and trust everything will go fine! We trusted Rachael in her work and planning! Everything was Perfect! everyone looked beautiful, ceremony & location was stunning! Exactly how we wanted it..romantic! Rachael definitely knows her stuff! our guests complimented that it looked like it came out of Pinterest! They all wanted Exactly what we had! Thank you Rachael!

Reviewed on 7/13/2016

Where to start.... We first did some research on wedding planners on the Big Island for our destination wedding and absolutely fell in love with Rachael's style. Her previous weddings were absolutely beautiful so we hired her. Upon our initial consultation I asked about the 5 or... Read More so bad ratings she had on Yelp, mainly to do with communication. She seemed very genuine and stated that they had gotten so popular overnight that they found themselves overbooked. She assured me that they had since realized their limitations and scaled down on their booking and promised unlimited communication. Like the previous reviews we were incredibly disappointed with the lack of communication from Rachael. She missed phone appointments on several occasions, was incomplete in her e-mail responses, and when we did connect via phone conversations she was incredibly brief... we would have 15-20 minute conversations and sometimes while she was driving and wasn't prepared to answer any detailed questions. We signed on with her in September and brought our concerns about communication with her in December, January, February, and March. Each time she was very sweet and apologetic but ultimately the issue did not improve. I had booked my venue, photographer, and caterer on my own and had to finish the booking that she started with the equipment rental company and florist. This was far from what we expected for hiring her for full service design and planning. Finally in April we severed our contract with her. Not only did she refuse even a partial refund but she actually initially requested that we owed her more money. She may be a great designer but she falls short in planning and communication. The company we switched to was absolutely amazing with wonderful communication and picked up all the pieces left behind by Vintage and Lace. If you value communication and professionalism and want to play an enjoyable role in your own planning I would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

Reviewed on 3/04/2016

We are so happy that we chose Rachael to help us plan our wedding. Being all the way in Alaska and never having visited the big island of Hawaii before would have posed some major challenges if we had not had her help. She was quick to find vendors that fit with what we wanted,... Read More and her decorations are just so beautiful. I will never forget the table setting at our reception dinner--just amazing. Thank you Rachael at Vintage and Lace for everything you did to make our wedding such a beautiful, relaxing day for us and our families/friends to enjoy!

PASS ON THIS VENDOR

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Rachel H

I have to tell you I was incredibly, continuously disappointed with Rachael. She missed a meeting with NO phone call or notification for days to follow, did not respond to emails or phone calls, if she did respond it wouldn't be for days or weeks later, she did not answer... Read More questions and did not produce any real work at all. It took her 3 weeks to return my husbands phone calls and emails. I had to follow up 2-3x on just about everything. Also, there were continuous excuses provided- a trend I found in other brides reviews. I experienced the exact same dissatisfaction expressed in every other review written here. I wish I had taken time to do my research on this vendor. The worst part of it was she disappeared for 2 and a half hours during my wedding, when I paid her for day of coordination. She claimed she thought it would be okay to take a dinner break- for 2 and half hours? Really, Rachael?! Do you think I'm stupid?! My guess is she double booked another wedding. She showed up ONLY 1 hour before the ceremony- My friends had to arrange the chairs and ceremony setting because she was no where to be found. When I called to ask where she was, she didn't call back and instead sent a text- COWARD, disappeared and told no one that she left as soon as the ceremony started. When we needed her to help with photos, speeches, organizing, she was gone. My guests were running around the property looking for her, and a valet had to tell us that she had left. One of my guests had to step in and run coordination for the whole thing after witnessing me having to get up and try to keep events flowing, while trying to enjoy myself. She showed up again after 2 and a half hours when we were finished eating, and I was so irate I had one of my guests ask her to leave. I trusted that this recommendation coming from a hotel would be sound, but it was the worst experience ever. I have never been so disappointed, and it put a damper on a day that was supposed to be so special for me. On a positive note, she did not argue my dissatisfaction and did issue a fair refund. Brides- do yourself a favor and pass on this vendor, even better yet, read her Yelp reviews where you'll find MANY other brides completely dissatisfied.

Best day ever!

Reviewed on 12/06/2015 Jenny O

I am so happy I chose Vintage and Lace to help coordinate and design my wedding. I honestly can't think of a single thing that I would have changed to make our special day more perfect, and that really is a true testament to Rachael's recommendations, vendor relationships, and... Read More attention to detail. Rachael took the ideas I had and turned it into something truly magical. I can't wait to see the professional photos, because the pics that my friends and family took seriously don't even begin to show how perfect I remember the detail of the event to be. Rachael had clearly put a lot of thought into everything, and it showed, because I had numerous guests tell me it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. I did learn, however, that you must exercise patience and trust in the planning process. I had a full 2 year engagement, and I had booked Vintage and Lace at least 18 months before the wedding. I am a project manager professionally, and it was sometimes difficult to wait when I was excited about the planning process and wanted to get a head start on my to-do list. In the early planning months, email communication was a bit sparse, which felt a bit stressful at times because I wasn't sure if it was a sign of disorganization or lack of attention to detail. I can assure you, however, that that's not the case. Rachael and her team are busy all year long with weddings, and they have to prioritize those events coming sooner. Try to be patient during that time, if you book your event far out like I did. Another key learning for me was that making decisions too early in the process can lead to changing your mind or second guessing your original ideas. We booked the venue, photographer, and catering far in advance, but most of the other details really didn't start getting finalized until 1-3 months prior to the wedding, which felt like the last minute to me at the time, but now I realize it was just right. Ultimately, I had to place trust in Rachael that it would all come together flawlessly. In the end, I'm so glad I just tried to relax and put my faith in her, because the final output was simply amazing. In addition to the look and feel of the event, it shouldn't be overlooked that the whole day ran like clockwork. Rachael and I worked to establish a timeline to ensure we were able to get through everything in the 6 hours I had the photographer booked, and it worked out perfectly and nothing felt rushed. One final note related to budget. Rachael worked with me up until the very last minute to ensure that we could maximize my budget with the best event possible. There was a bit of back and forth on options (and in the end I did decide to exceed my original budget), but I was extremely pleased with the final result. We had numerous exchanges with the equipment company in order to get the best outcome for what the (somewhat oddly shaped) space could accommodate and also fit within my cost parameters. All in all, I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, and it was a pleasure to work with Rachael!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015

Rachael was amazing! She was responsive, sweet, understanding, professional and her designs were beautiful. Even more impressive was how she handled herself day of. We had a number of random things go wrong (all of which were totally out of her control) and she flawlessly and... Read More tirelessly worked to switch things around and make sure the day was still perfect. Thanks Rachael!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jessica c

From the moment I stumbled upon Vintage and Lace' website I was impressed by the professionalism, elegance, and class. Our wedding couldn't have been better. Working with Rachael at Vintage and Lace was a dream! You can tell she is very passionate for her work. She is prompt,... Read More gives you an excellent list of vendors, offers suggestions and advice night and day, and really makes you feel like you are her number one bride. There hasn't been a day that has gone by since our wedding that we haven't talked about it. I have said since that night, there is not one single thing I would change! That is something in and of itself I think is rare to hear from a bride. I give Rachael and her team at Vintage and Lace, and all of the vendors involved which she referred, all credit for a perfect wedding.

Disappointing

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 Stephanie Z

I recently got married on the Big Island and hired Rachel at V&L. I personally made most of my own vendor arrangements and really only wanted to use Rachel for "day of" coordination services, some décor items and to help pull my décor vision together. Throughout the year... Read More leading up to my wedding, Rachel was continuously unresponsive. She never answers her phone and if I reached out to her by email it was never answered in a timely fashion, or it was not answered at all! I did look to Rachel for suggestions on a florist and I initially agreed to go with her recommendation. I had certain ideas and elements I wanted incorporated, but I was still looking for Rachel to help build on that and help pull it together. Rachel was either unable or unwilling to help me with any type of design vision, and after several emails and discussions with the florist I was not confident that either of them were going to help me execute my wedding vision. After months of frustration over the florist and décor and still not having a contract in place, I reached out to another florist who coincidently is also a wedding planner. She was already booked for the day of my wedding, but after talking with me and hearing my situation, she agreed to take me on as a client for my florals. This vendor was proactive, organized and had beautiful artistic vision. I showed her a couple of photos of what I liked and she put together a perfect package for me! Another disappointment and frankly the only balls that were dropped during the wedding, was by Rachel. During the months leading up to the wedding she promised several décor items for me to use. She even confirmed these décor items days before the event, only to not follow through. She gave her word to deliver certain items to both the florist and the reception location, only to not do either. In the end, all the décor used for my wedding was from the florist. Rachel has worked repeatedly with this other florist and I believe many of the pretty weddings V&L claims to be responsible for are not under the design vision of Rachel, but of this other florist / planner. So do your homework if you are looking for someone to assist you with your design and vision! Small detail, but nice touch... the florist followed up with me the next day to ask how I liked my flowers and how the day went... I only heard from Rachel once I had written a poor review and she reached out to request I take it down.

Vintage & Lace unlocked ALL the desires of my heart!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Charita C

I couldn't have been more pleased with the great job that the Vintage and Lace team executed! I was planning my wedding all the way on the other side of the country and was very particular about choosing the right wedding planner for the task. I live in Florida and knew that it... Read More would pretty much be impossible for me to plan a wedding, in Hawaii on my own. I'm very organized, controlling, and know exactly what I want! It was important to me to find the perfect planner who understood me and could execute exactly what I was looking for. I chose Vintage & Lace because, right off the bat, after looking at several different examples of different weddings they had planned, the style and execution was exactly what I was looking for. There were times where I was a little nervous about certain things and the team would put me at ease. They worked so hard on making sure that I had exactly what I wanted and that everything would be perfect in my eyes. They were extremely patient and absolutely professional. I had to change my catering option several times because our budget got really tight towards the very end and they were really good with being so accommodating and assuring me that even though I wasn't going with my first idea of what I wanted for my catering, that it would still be absolutely amazing -- and it was!!! They found the most beautiful gem of a location for my wedding ceremony which happened to be about an 1.5 from our hotel location. They planned every detail down to transportation for our family and friends to the ceremony site, then to the reception, and back to the hotel which was NOT an easy task. I'm so happy I chose Vintage & Lace and would recommend them to any bride who has a unique taste for something extraordinary. Everything was as I had hoped and more. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day and I owe it all to the Vintage & Lace Team!

Absolutely PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Porsha S

I booked Vintage and Lace for the Design Service of my wedding. All I can say is my wedding was perfect! They were never pushy and knew what right budget I had and helped me stay within that budget. They even let me do my own florals which helped my budget a lot. I never felt... Read More as if they were out for money. We communicated thru Email, Instagram, phone, and met up a couple weeks prior to my wedding. I was a total scatterbrain and didn't know my exact vision or theme, but they were able to pull together all my ideas! They are a definite must for any wedding big or small. You won't be disappointed. The memory will last a lifetime and my pictures are simply perfection. Thanks again Vintage & Lace! You will definitely hold a piece in our hearts for giving us a day to remember:)

A Fairytale

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 sumika t

Our wedding in October on one of the estates in Puako felt like a fairytale. I am still in a happy haze. Beloved Rachael of Vintage and Lace helped pull all the strings together. I had about a year to plan the wedding (of 40 guests mostly from Japan), so in the beginning,... Read More the process was more about me building-up my image. Rachael guided me through this process by sharing a to-do list, and a list of recommended vendors. Some of the vendors I booked directly, whereas some were booked through her, but all were based on her recommendation list. I must say, everybody who supported this wedding surpassed any of my expectations. Bliss in Bloom, Paradise Gourmet Catering, Big Island Events, Fletch Photography, Hawaii Sound and Vision, Olowalu Productions, Mr. Bosahard (our officiant), were absolutely amaaaazing. I could feel that everybody was really invested in making this wedding special and the day was filled with Aloha. Three months in, Rachael and I ocassionally had telephone meetings while most communication was done via email. This worked very well for me as I am located in Japan ( avery many hours away from the beautiful Big Island). By this time, monthly basis communication had notched up to once a week. Two weeks into the wedding, Rachael and Ben (her partner and husband) really began to take charge. They communicated with all the vendors on our behalf regarding timeline details, any unpaid fees etc etc. The big unexpected glitch was that we had a hurricane approaching the islands on the day of our wedding. I was aware that some rain on a wedding in Hawaii is considered a blessing, ….but a hurricane was too much. Our venue (although we could have had it transfferred indoors) was outdoors. I was on the verge of tears, but Rachael was on top of things and sooo much reasurring. While I needed to take care of my guests and their events they had scheduled during their trip in Hawaii, Rachael had gone ahead and communicated with all the vendors to see if they were able to shift the wedding to the next day! This is what we ended up doing, and the wedding turned out to be a beautiful outdoor event on the lawn of the Puako estate by the shoreline. Vintage and Lace also helped with the décor of the wedding and reception. I personally loved the creative process off choosing the florals and linen with our florist (who had exquisite style, and was a joy to be able to work with), and thinking of the lighting and other decoration details we needed. Everything turned out as I had imagined, except better. But on the day, the little things like the lanterns by the poolside, the small vases of roses on the side tables, the entrance board adorned with ivy etc etc etc, all provided by Vintage and Lace was what helped put together a beautiful scene. I cannot say enough about Vintage and Lace, Rachael and Ben. Thank you for making our wedding so special.

We couldn't have done it without Vintage & Lace! My wedding was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Getting married in Hawaii had always been our dream and I wasn't quite sure how we would make it happen living in LA but when I found Vintage and Lace, I knew we could do it! Rachael immediately made me feel calm and excited and my stress just disappeared. We signed up for... Read More planning and day of coordination because I knew right away I would want her to be there on the day of to take the load of me and my family. With the planning, she gave us a document of really helpful tools and we could track our planning progress with her together from the very start to the very finish. She also sent us an amazing vendors list and every single person we hired for our wedding came from that list and they were all outstanding. We had about a year to plan our event and I felt like most of the major vendors were all taken care of in the first few months. Then, we just got to focus on the details and Rachael kept us on track when the next item was ready to be completed. I felt like I could just be on auto-pilot because I knew she had it covered! On the day of, the timeline she suggested was absolutely perfect and we had the best time of our lives. Everything was truly PERFECT! I really recommend if you are planning a wedding in Hawaii, you work with these guys!

Couldn't have done it with out Vintage & Lace! My wedding was perfect!

Making memories

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Vintage and lace is an amazing wedding & events company located on the big island of hawaii. If your planning a destination wedding these are your people. Rachael and her husband a long with staff createa memorable wedding filled with smiles and laughter.so please keep them in... Read More mind for your Special "I Do's" you'll be glad you Did.

Rachael created our dream design and a completely relaxing day! Thank you Vintage and Lace!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

My husband and I wanted to get married at a resort in Hawaii because of how easy it would be to have all our guests stay in one place and because we had a large group of 87 traveling to the island to celebrate with us. However, we were really worried that we wouldn't be able to... Read More make it feel personal and special so we hired Rachael to help us with the wedding design and planning. Rachael not only made us feel 100% confident every step of the way but she also went above and beyond to design a gorgeous event for us that felt like us and created a really fun, playful environment for our guests! She helped us to hire vendors the hotel didn't mention that offered outstanding service and really special items like vintage doors, sofas, and she even brought a ton of her own decor items to add in! It turned out absolutely stunning and was everything we were looking for and didn't know if we could find on the Big Island but she made it happen! Rachael was also on top of everything throughout the entire process and was quick to get back to us on vendor availability, pricing and quotes. Her and Ben and Hana all helped us along the way so we felt we had a whole team of people who really cared about our event! I didn't worry about a single thing and the best part was that no one in my family had to either! I HIGHLY recommend Rachael and her team and I really don't think there is a better planner on the island and maybe in the state!

Outstanding in EVERY way!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

We hired Rachael for our wedding in August and couldn't have been more thrilled with that decision! It was worth every penny to have her on board and she completely made the day for us. She helped us with everything from choosing a wedding website and our invitations to hiring... Read More our photographer, venue and caterer! We chose a private estate located in Kona, Hale Ohia Kai, that was on her list and it was a perfect recommendation. We knew we wanted a private venue and felt overwhelmed by trying to book that from afar but Rachael made it easy and helped us to feel confident with the decision. We also knew that a private estate wedding would have more involved with bringing in outside equipment and caterers and entertainment but Rachael really helped us choose the right number of tables for details like the bar, welcome table, and seating. She also put together a stunning design proposal for us which included photos of all the items we had discussed, inspirations from my pinterest and even tiny touches like favor ideas and placecards. She really captured our design and helped us execute our vision which turned out even better than I had imagined! I also found Rachael to be very responsive and I was able to easily schedule regular phone calls with her and we emailed back and forth in between whenever needed. She checked in with us to ask how we were feeling many times and gave us a few little "homework" tasks like choosing our music, reminding us to write our vows, and discuss with our friends and family who would give the toasts throughout the evening. I really can't think of a single thing I would have changed about our experience with Vintage & Lace. They were outstanding, kind and warm people to work with and I genuinely feel they cared about us and our wedding. All of our guests kept raving that it was the best event they had ever been to and we couldn't agree more! Thank you to the Vintage & Lace Team!

Our Vision Come to Life

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kaleigh D

Upon planning our destination wedding from afar we went ahead and secured the two things that were most important to us - venue and photography. And then we need help! That's where Vintage & Lace stepped in. They expertly helped us fill in all the holes and make sure... Read More everything was beautiful, aligned with our vision and well-organized for our 95 guests. Overall, Rachael and Heather made the planning of our destination wedding smooth and seamless, and we couldn't have done it without them. Heather handled our pre-departure needs. She advised us to use the AMAZING catering company Memoirs, which we were beyond thrilled with. The food was delicious (beyond any wedding food I have tried) and our guests still talk about it. We wanted a rustic elegant feel to our day and Heather helped us source some additional items (rustic farm tables, wine crates, lighting) outside of the venue's preferred vendor, which turned out really well and added to the ambience. They also led us to Michelle at Flowergirls who did all the floral arrangements, bouquets, floral crowns, leis, etc and she was EXCEPTIONAL! It all contributed so perfectly to our vision. We definitely did a lot of our own research (I am a bit type A) but Heather was invaluable finding those key people and helping us confirm and keep track of all the bookings and payments. We arrived in Hawaii a week leading up to our wedding and Rachael stepped right in and made sure everything was confirmed and organized. I handed her over a suitcase of personal decor items in the lobby and she took care of the rest. On the day of our wedding it was a tropical rainstorm and Rachael did a truly amazing job styling the barn for our rain 'Plan B'. It was so magical! I really cannot imagine having a wedding without a day-of-coordinator! It was so nice to just be in the moment and know that everything was taken care of. The next day my same suitcase of photographs and personal touches was delivered to my room with everything neatly folded and packed inside. I would definitely recommend Vintage & Lace!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

I am so grateful for Rachael and everything she did for our wedding.. from planning, designing, coordinating and finally, executing it all. I was extremely pleased with the design proposal she came up with and seeing the end results. My wedding turned out to be more beautiful... Read More than I expected. On the day of the wedding, although I did not see this, my guests noticed and also mentioned to me they were very impressed with her. They said she was very detail-oriented and was always busy fixing up little details on the dessert table, the drapery and the table linens...to make sure everything was "picture perfect". I was super relaxed on the wedding day and did not worry about a thing because I knew Rachael was there to take care if any problems came up. The only thing that is keeping me from giving 5 stars for this review, is that she is a little slower to respond to emails and sometimes it would take a few weeks to get a response. I'll even send follow up emails but no reply for another week or so. I knew she was busy so I just either waited or gave her a call and most of the time she was available by phone. The last few days leading up to the wedding, she was responded a bit quicker and was super organized by contacting and confirming with all vendors. Before that, if a vendor became unavailable she instantly found a replacement. I highly recommend Vintage & Lace and especially for their design services!

It was more than a wedding!

Reviewed on 7/30/2014

My partner and I got engaged only months before we were due to move from Australia to England. To add to the craziness, we decided to meet our guests half way and get married in Hawaii. I confess, I didn't know a thing about organising a wedding (let alone from a different... Read More country) and I had no idea where to start... When I stumbled across the Vintage&Lace Weddings blog, I immediately fell in love with the idea that our wedding didn't have to be part of a resort's 'packaged' deal!! Vintage&Lace offered a promise of creating a one of kind wedding, the wedding we'd always wanted - at a very reasonable cost! Rachael could help us to negotiate with vendors in Hawaii, keep us on track with our budget and make sure that it all came together beautifully! From the very first email, Rachael was reassuring and so helpful! She was always happy to answer our questions and offer her thoughts and suggestions. We felt supported in every decision we made! When it came time to travel to Hawaii and meet our guests, we felt confident that our wedding would be wonderful!! Many brides who plan their own wedding, visit the venue/s prior, rehearse the ceremony and practice setting up their tables and decorations; they know exactly what it's going to look like! But one of my favourite memories of our wedding day is peeking from the window as the wedding preparations took place. I had seen our venue only in photographs, Rachael and I had discussed decor ideas over Skype and I had only imagined how spectacular it would be! It was so, so exciting to watch our dreams come true. We felt blessed every minute on our wedding day. We were surrounded by our friends and family and together we shared an incredible experience. Rachael was there every step of the way, ensuring that everything ran smoothly. Yes, I may be slightly bias - our wedding day was AMAZING! I know that it wouldn't have been, without the help of Rachael and Vintage&Lace! Thank you so much! Xx Mr&Mrs Jensen

Meet The Coordinator

Rachael Zebrowski, Wedding Designer

Designing event environments and creating joyful memorable celebrations is what I do to communicate my artistic passion. Drawing on my extensive travels to over 31 counties, my 10 years of Event Planning experience, and my Masters of Arts degree and design background, I enjoy using color, culture, space, textiles, lighting and sculpture to create event magic. It's my personal goal to ensure every guest feels honored to be invited to your celebration by creating an event experience with special surprises and touches throughout the evening.