Austin, TX Austin & Surrounding Area (512) 589-1039

Reviewed on 9/25/2015 Yazmeen J

Heather is the most genuine and she works really hard at making sure your wedding is everything you imagined it to be. Best part about Heather is she has no hidden costs in her business. I was a little concerned at first that I may have had to much décor tasks but she happily... Read More accepted doing everything and executed everything perfect. She has an eye for the image that I was looking for which was a whimsical-vintage type of concept. I absolutely loved working with Heather and she is 100% responsive to all your emails. To all brides, look no further and you will not regret hiring Heather as your wedding planner. She is a total gem and will execute your wedding to your desire. Please do not hire a family member or friend to run your wedding as trust me, it gets super crazy and someone with experience will make all the difference. This is one night (hopefully!) in your life to really enjoy the celebration with your family and friends and especially your husband so have someone like Heather, a professional give you the BEST DAY EVER!!!

HIGHLY Recommend

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Sarah M

You MUST use Heather at Vintage & Lace Weddings as your wedding coordinator!! I thought planning a wedding would be so easy and I quickly realized I was in way over my head. I decided to use a wedding planner and after finding Heather, it was like the biggest weight was lifted... Read More off my shoulders. She created a wedding timeline for each month leading up to the wedding that we could follow to know what needed to be done and when. She gave us countless vendor options and was in constant communication with the ones we chose. But as great as she was in the months leading up to the wedding, she was a true star when it came to the day of. She had a whole schedule created and sent to all the vendors so everyone was on the same page, she gave her number to everyone so they contacted her and not me, and she made the whole day stress free for me. When finally something came up that was out of her control, mother nature, she stepped up big time and turned the dining hall into the most beautiful ceremony sight I have EVER seen, and all while kept me calm as I cried in a back room because of the crazy storm going on outside. I truly cannot speak highly enough of Heather and promise you that you would not be disappointed at all by using her services. CALL HER NOW AND YOUR WEDDING WILL BE EVERYTHING YOU COULD HAVE DREAMED!!

Reviewed on 5/13/2015

Selecting Heather to be our planner was probably the best wedding decision we made. After trying to do some of the design work ourselves, we even ended up hiring Heather for portions of that. There is no way our wedding would have gone as smoothly and looked as great as it did... Read More without her help. We had an absolutely wonderful day, and we got tons of compliments on the decorations and the flow of the event. Leading up to the wedding, Heather was available when we needed her, even though I'm sure she had many other clients. She made time to videoconference with us, and was responsive to my emails. She came to meet in person at the venue with the onsite coordinator. I was very glad to have expert help when listening to the two professionals discuss options I didn't know existed! After we hired her to help decorate, we shared some ideas back and forth (lots of pinterest) and settled on some concepts. Heather took care of finding the vendors and providing quotes for us to OK. She did an amazing job staying within our budget while being dead on matching the design to the final outcome. She even did pick up / drop of instead of delivery for some of the rentals to save us a little money, which was definitely above and beyond. She also made our table labels for us and provided smaller items like the flower girl baskets and chalkboard signs without charge. On our wedding day, we basically had to show up and follow her direction. She handled all of the setup and decor placement, and managed the vendor deliveries. If there were issues, I never heard about them. As the evening progressed, she would discreetly come over to cue us (and the DJ, and photographer) to the next event - time for toasts, garter toss, etc. She stayed calm when we got behind schedule, but made sure to get us back on track. At the end of the night, we got to head out and Heather took care of the cleanup for us so we didn't have anything to worry about. Our wedding turned out exactly as we wanted, and it would have been impossible to do without Heather.

Heather made our wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Krissy B

I hired Heather(owner of V&L) to do my April wedding. From the moment I met her I knew that she would be perfect, she knew my style exactly and I really trusted her opinion and knowledge. I spent over a year planning with her and she made sure everything was on track and when... Read More the wedding day arrived we were totally ready to go. I left the flowers up to her and she and Gretchen(Petals Ink) completely blew me away, they were even more perfect than I could've ever expected. Not only is Heather extensively experienced and very creative, she's also an awesome person to work with and really kept me calm and grounded throughout our planning. I couldn't have done it without her and I couldn't be more grateful that I found her!

Best Wedding Planner in Austin!!

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Shanaz A

Heather Sorenson from Vintage and Lace Austin is a rock star!! To describe what a pivotal role Heather played in our wedding Ill need to tell you a bit about our wedding. We had both recently moved to Texas while most of our family was still on the East Coast. We had been... Read More engaged a year and still hadn’t done anything in the way of planning. We knew what we wanted but our jobs kept us so busy that we never had time to execute anything. We lived in Houston but planned to host our wedding in Austin. In addition, 80% of our guest list was from the east coast. This is when I decided we must hire a wedding planner and boy did we luck out in getting Heather! She made the entire process so easy and stress free!! I shared my vision with her and she did all legwork in reaching our to vendors and making appointments. More importantly, she was spot in the vendors she contacted. Since we were driving back and forth to Austin for these meetings the less we had the better. She has such great experience and always had great ideas and suggestions. She was always very cognizant of our budget (even when I may not have been). As a type A personality myself one of the greatest things I appreciated about Heather were her excellent organizational skills and her timely and professional manner. She always treats you as if you are her only client although I know she is a busy woman. Having a wedding planner like Heather throughout the entire process is the reason the big day ran smoothly. Setting aside the business aspect she really is a gem of a person. She has great relationships with vendors and they all love working with her. I am so thankful and grateful to Heather for her help and guidance in planning our wedding. Our wedding weekend was the greatest weekend of my life! So if you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further and contact Heather Sorenson, Vintage and Lace

An Away Game: New Year's Eve Wedding in Austin

Reviewed on 2/05/2015 connie m

Our daughter was married in Austin, Texas on New Year's Eve 2014. We live in Virginia. Heather with Vintage and Lace made a huge contribution to the success of our daughter and her husband's wedding at The Driskill Hotel. Even after a month I can only reflect on the unfolding... Read More of the day as perfectly orchestrated. Heather's ability to navigate many people and vendors was excellent.

Superb

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 scottie m

Heather's professionalism and organization are unmatched! Leading up to our wedding, she was in touch with all of our vendors and was on top of coordination and payment. The night of the event, Heather was on point. The evening went seamlessly and I know I have Heather to thank... Read More for keeping things running smoothly!

No doubt, Go with Heather

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 heather j

Heather at Vintage and Lace was an absolute godsend in helping me pull off my dream wedding at the Kali Kate. I used all of the services she offers and it made everything from planning the wedding to the actual day of go smoothly. She has great taste, is always mindful of... Read More budget, responsive and all around fantastic wedding planner. I was in graduate school during the planning phase so I had limited time to spend looking up vendors, visiting them, and just making decisions. I heavily relied on Heather’s opinion and expertise on the best vendors and what was considered reasonable pricing. She was incredibly responsive to any issues or questions I had, typically responding within a couple of hours. She was organized and reminded me when I needed to make payments, when contract deadlines were, what tasks needed to be completed, and tracked my budget. It was great to be in contact with only one person instead of getting tons of individual vendor emails. She really knows her stuff and was a great guide planning such an important event. On top of all of that she’s a lovely and genuine person and an absolute pleasure to be around which is important since you can spend a lot of time with your wedding planner! She is trustworthy, capable, and firm which put me completely at ease with her handling and coordinating a very important day! I highly recommend Heather at Vintage and Lace for your wedding planning.

Claire, Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 12/01/2014

We had a large wedding (350 guests) on our ranch property so there were lots of moving parts and lots of unknowns, but Heather was so capable and on top of things, we were completely at ease. She is experienced and quick to think of good solutions for any last minute emergencies... Read More that might come up. She was our coordinator, but throughout our planning process, she was always quick to reply to a question or give on the spot advice. We could not have pulled the wedding off without her. We are all so grateful to have discovered Vintage and Lace!

Heather made my wedding day easy, beautiful and fun

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Meagan W

I called heather from vintage first thing after I decided to plan out wedding. I choose the full package and it was worth every cent. It was the best choice I made for my wedding.Heather helped me bring my ideas to life. My wedding was so pretty and fun and I can say I actually... Read More wasn't stressed because I knew Heather was on top of everything. She has great vendors that she trusts. She is so organized and professional. I just can't say enough about her. My guests loved the wedding. I'm still getting compliments weeks later.

Competent and Calming

Reviewed on 9/03/2014

I worked with Heather Sorenson at Vintage&Lace and she was spectacular. Investing in her was the best money spent on the wedding. She was confident and bold without being pushy or controlling. She was very organized and had many key ideas that pulled everything together. For... Read More example, taking initiative to practice with the flower girl on how to throw petals. Heather had the details down. And she made me think of things I had missed, when I was sure I had thought of everything. And the very best part was that on the day of my wedding, I did not have one thing to worry about. She took care of it all, and even came to me and asked if I needed anything and brought me another glass of champagne. I felt cared for without being smothered. She also got along well with the guests. Not only is she organized and detail-oriented, she also has a calming effect. With her around you just know everything is going to be ok.

Thank you, Heather!

Reviewed on 6/01/2014 Lauren B

I cannot thank Heather enough for making my wedding day the most amazing day of my life!! She blew me away at our very first meeting with her professionalism, passion, and dedication to making sure my vision for my wedding was executed to very last detail. I had met with a few... Read More wedding planners before finding her and none of them even came close to making me feel like they cared about making my day as special as she did. I really appreciate how quickly she responded to all of my questions and how organized she was. She really went above and beyond my expectations for a day-of coordinator - on more than one occasion she almost seemed to read my mind and send me e-mails with information and answers to questions that I hadn't even asked yet. At the wedding, my dress kept coming un-bustled and within a second, Heather was by my side to fix it. I had lots of DIY decor that I wanted set up around the venue. I was so worried that it would be too much for anyone to set up, especially the way I wanted it. Not surprisingly, on the wedding day I found everything to be set up exactly the way I wanted it - not a detail was missed. She is very thorough and will make sure that your day runs smoothly, so that you can just relax and enjoy it. If I were to do it all over again there is absolutely no way I would've chosen any one else as my wedding planner.

Heather = Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Melissa M

There are many things a wedding coordinator must be: calm, organized, creative, resourceful... Heather is all of these things and more. From the day I met her to the end of our wedding reception, she always made me feel like I was a priority. She answered all of my e-mails... Read More quickly and thoroughly, she understood my vision (and helped me work out the kinks), and my husband and I didn't break the bank to hire her. I absolutely recommend Vintage and Lace Weddings. Heather is very experienced and her services are invaluable. Our wedding would not have been the same without her!

Words can not express how amazing V&L are

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Jenna J

Heather did such an amazing job on our wedding at The Wildflower Barn! I had hire her to do all of the wedding planning from start to finish-- my husband and I were moving out of state a year before our wedding and we knew we wouldn't have much time to get going back and forth... Read More to Texas. Hiring Vintage and Lace (Heather) was one of the best decisions I made during the wedding planning process-- there were so many little things that you would not think of until Heather mentioned them! Even though we did not live close to Austin, Heather was always available to set up a time to Skype to go over any details! On the day of the wedding, Heather was spectacular! I did not have to tell her once where to put the decor or anything-- she set up everything by herself in 2-3 hours and it all looked amazing! After the ceremony, she would always make sure we were taking care of! Despite the little rainfall during the reception-- my wedding day was not stressful but very relaxing! I could not have imagined what it would be like if I hadn't found Vintage and Lace-- everything was so beautiful and easy. Heather made sure that my husband and I were happy and enjoying ourselves through the whole process and that is what really matters during the wedding process!

Vintage and lace BEST decision other than I Do!

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Lauren L

My Husband and I chose to bite the bullet and spend the $$ to get a day of (actually month of) coordinator to handle everything so we could enjoy the day. It was the best decision we made during our planning. We worked with Heather for our Gabriel Springs wedding and she was... Read More perfection. She set up everything I provided her with and used her own own decoration style which was amazing and so unique! I would never have thought of using the items the way she did. She did absolutely everything. Decor set up, dealing with all vendors and their set ups, coordinating the festivities and guests and US! I could not stress more that she is the best of the best and worth every penny. She was never pushy, and most of all it didn't feel like dealing with a stranger for such a personal day, it was like having an family member helping that is super professional! Thank you thank you Heather.

Heather gave me peace of mind and a flawless wedding day

Reviewed on 3/19/2013 Lauren O

Heather with Vintage & Lace epitomized all I could ever have hoped for in a wedding coordinator. We hired Heather to be our "day-of" coordinator, but to say she only handled logistics on the day-of would be a huge understatement. I met with Heather for the first time in August... Read More about my March wedding. I instantly felt comfortable with her, and she had amazing ideas about little details I would have never considered on my own. She made the meeting completely pressure-free, and even met with me again in a couple of weeks when we decided to sign the contract. Technically, the contract limited email communication to the weeks proceeding the event, but from the very beginning, Heather was always there to answer any questions I had, and she checked in often to make sure planning was going well. In the last month before the event, Heather made a meticulous, 15-min increment schedule for the wedding day. She confirmed all of my vendors for me, and made sure I had nothing to worry about. Heather took my VERY limited budget for decor and flowers and completely exceeded my expectations for how our reception venue would look! Everything ran completely flawlessly at our wedding, and our families and friends, my husband and I were able to eat, drink, and dance the best night of our lives away without a care. Heather has a great eye for design, is beyond professional, and truly does take a "best friend" approach to coordinating your wedding. I can't say enough good things about her. She is absolutely the best coordinator Austin has to offer.