Vows from the Heart Ministries

Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

San Diego and Temecula Wine Country (760) 580-8697

Reviewed on 1/03/2017

Reverend Tuttle and Chaplain Mary were incredible. We are so happy we stumbled upon their site on a search engine. I personally really loved their website and testimonials, but was also drawn to their wisdom and experience. I would definitely recommend them if you are looking... Read More for someone who makes you feel like family and really comfortable with a great sense of humor and wit.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Alyssa P

Vows from the Heart is a preferred vendor for our venue, Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbook. My fiance and I had opportunity to interview both Reverend Christopher and Chaplain Mary together. They both so professional, genuine, personable, patient, and have great personalities.... Read More We also learned that they are married to each other! (FYI - They are adorable and seem like very happy people.) During our meeting, we were given a booklet with an example ceremony timeline and example readings/blessings that made it easier to visualize our options. (It’s pretty detailed and if you had no idea what you wanted… you would totally be covered). They also demystified what we needed to do for our marriage license. (There are so many things that you would not know about getting married unless you’ve already been married before! So, having professionals that know what they are doing and who you can trust is a blessing.) Both were willing to be contacted as many times before the big day to answer any questions (instead of offering limited meetings or contacts) about anything wedding related (like if needed other vendor references) and were not pushy at all about getting booked. It felt like they really want you to have the best ceremony possible. To be honest, I wasn’t really that hyped up about the ceremony part of our wedding until we met them! I appreciated that we could customize our ceremony and that our officiant (either one) felt like an advocate for us and someone who wanted to best represent us on our big day. Our conversation with both felt very natural and we walked away completely confident that we would be in very good hands. I also felt like they took the time to get to know us as a couple. In the end, we went with Rev. Tuttle because he reminded my fiance of his best man (who is his best friend from the 1st grade). (To choose between Christopher or Mary is like splitting hairs. Both are fantastic.) WIth Vows from the Heart, our ceremony totally felt like us and reflected what we wanted! We wanted a civil ceremony that was concise but still thoughtful and meaningful. We also were able to write our own vows. We only felt like we had to meet with Rev. Tuttle once (our initial meeting) and then a month before the wedding, I emailed him our ceremony selections and updated him with any logistics. He doesn’t attend the ceremony rehearsal and doesn’t really need to. (A rehearsal is really for where you and the wedding party need to know where to walk/stand and that done by the venue coordinator.) He also only attends the ceremony portion of your wedding and does not expect to stay around for the reception. Days prior to wedding, Rev. Tuttle texted us to check in about any questions. Day of, he was on time and very impressive. He helped release any stress prior to ceremony. In seeing Rev. Tuttle in action, he is gregarious, has great energy, is a good public speaker, has a great sense of humor, and is able to smoothly think on his feet. When things went off script with banter between myself and fiance (not planned), he went with it and it felt very natural. Our parents LOVED him as well as many other guests because I got compliments about our officiant even after the wedding. After the wedding, he made sure our marriage license was taken to the county office for processing. One less thing on your list! I highly recommend Vows from the Heart!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Kelsey U

I wish there were more than 5 stars to leave. Reverend Tuttle truly made our day perfect. My husband and I were both so nervous but Reverend Tuttle made it run so smoothly. More importantly though, he made is meaningful and special with the right amount of run. Reverend Tuttle... Read More read our cues and improvised if either of us "messed up". Everyone at the reception was asking about our officiant and requested his information. I could not be happier with how our ceremony turned out.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Eve R

We were married on November 6, 2016 in Oceanside and are so happy that we found Chaplain Mary! She made our day unforgettable!! We live in Maine and decided to get married in California so that my husband's adult children could be a part of it. There were so many ways and... Read More places to get married out in California that it was mind numbing. And planning and booking/paying on the Internet for a service sight unseen always leaves a little room for doubt. Chaplain Mary (and her husband) were recommended to us and we could not be more grateful! The initial emails were warm and friendly and immediately put us at ease. They were professional and friendly and explained everything we would need to do as we didn't have a clue about the legal requirements in California. When we finally met her in person a few minutes before the wedding, it felt like we had known her forever. She exudes warmth and happiness and has a smile that immediately disarms you. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Her words were warm and genuine and extremely relevant! Our son in law commented later that he thought we knew her! We opted to include a sand frame in our ceremony, with ourselves and each of our kids adding some sand. Chaplain Mary made it all work seamlessly and made them all feel part of the ceremony too. We had the stress free beach ceremony of our dreams and will be eternally grateful!! Simon & Eve Roussel

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Rev Christopher was exactly what we were looking for! As a couple in our late 40's, we wanted someone that would be light hearted, yet serious enough to provide reference to our Good Lord, and also have fun since this was not a first marriage for either of us. Rev Christopher... Read More was everything we had hoped for and more. He made our day so special by providing us with a ceremony script we had all put together that was uniquely our own and not something he says at every wedding. Our guests even commented that he was one of the best they had seen and heard before. Rev Christopher was quick to respond and met with us personally to go through his process. He asked us relevant questions and provided clear guidance, as well as, a helpful booklet full of tips and ideas! He kept in touch throughout the process and would even text kind things like when I was stressed about it raining on our wedding. Rev Christopher comes highly recommended and we were SO blessed to have you celebrate and "seal the deal" on our special day! THANK YOU REV CHRISTOPHER – you’re simply the best! Much Appreciation, the McCords.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Matt B

Rev. Tuttle did a fantastic job officiating our wedding. We were looking for someone who was light hearted and funny, yet could also present the wedding in a professional and stress free way for us. This is exactly what he did. When it comes to pre-wedding he is quick with all... Read More information, precise with e-mails, and makes it easy to set up the type of ceremony you want. My wife and I did not have to spend excess time worrying about the ceremony and the format prior to the big day. He makes it easy with the pamphlet he gives out to choose the style you want. After we made our choices he took care of the rest on our wedding day with elegance. We heard nothing but compliments from all guests. I would highly recommend Rev. Tuttle to anyone looking for a class act of an officiant !

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Brittany S

Reverend Tuttle is absolutely amazing! He made everything so easy for us, customized everything to just how we wanted it and all of our guests LOVED him. Almost everyone stopped to tell us how much they loved our ceremony! I would highly recommend using Vows From the Heart for... Read More your wedding officiant needs!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kayla K

Rev Christopher Tuttle is awesome! He married my husband and I recently and we got so many compliments about how wonderful he was. We knew right away that we wanted him to do our ceremony. He is so humble, caring and fun! He was quick to answer any questions and did exactly what... Read More we wanted. We couldn't be more pleased!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Kimberly C

Rev. Christopher Tuttle married my husband and I recently at the Estancia in La Jolla. We knew after our first meeting with him that he was the one we wanted. Rev. Tuttle walked us through the entire process step-by-step. We live out of state in Arizona and he made time for us... Read More on the weekends and answered all of our questions. Our wedding ceremony was perfect! Rev. Tuttle is such a warm, funny, and caring person. Our guests kept commenting to us at the reception about what a great job he did. We are so blessed Rev. Tuttle was a part of our wedding. The ceremony was everything we wanted it to be.

Reviewed on 6/05/2016

When knew right after our meeting with Reverend Tuttle that we wanted him to be a part of our special day. He is warm and caring, and truly loves what he does. He made our day extremely special and it would not have been the same without him. He was able to capture our vision... Read More for our ceremony and brought the best balance between religion, seriousness, and light lightheartedness. Exactly what we wanted! Our day will always be a special memory for us, and Reverend Tuttle was an important part of that. We can't thank him enough!

Reviewed on 5/29/2016

My wife and I were looking to get married but we didn't want to get married at the court we wanted something more romantic. We started looking for elopement ceremonies and they were pretty pricy because we wanted something on the beach. We would try to see if they would give us... Read More a lower price by telling them that I was in the Navy. Some of them offered a military discount but it would still be pricy. Me and my wife were about to give up when she saw something called "Military Monday's". We clicked on it and it took us to Rev Tuttles website and it said that for all active duty branches and any rank could get an elopement ceremony for FREE. We were really blessed to of found Rev Tuttle's Military Monday's gift, the ceremony was really romantic and it even had a musician playing while the ceromony was evolving, we also had a professional photographer who took amazing photographs. Rev Tuttle has a very good heart and we are thankful for everything he did for us so we could be married.

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

Rev. Christopher Tuttle married my husband and I recently in Temecula, CA and we could have not asked for a better officiant. He made the whole experience relaxing for the whole wedding party, while keeping the ceremony fun and lighthearted for our guests. We had so many people... Read More come up to us during the reception and comment on how great Rev. Tuttle was! He knew exactly what we had in mind for our special day and we are so happy with the way everything turned out!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Laura W

Chaplain Mary led our 25th anniversary vow renewal and made it everything we could imagine it to be and more!! She was professional and so very kind. She included our guests throughout the ceremony and listened to our ideas about making things a little more interactive. Her... Read More words were so relevant to our journey. She was a truly lovely addition to our ceremony and we could not have been happier. From the scriptures she read, the prayers she led, and the beautiful words spoken, it was all simply perfect. She gets our highest recommendation and our deepest gratitude. Thank you, Chaplain Mary!! - Steve and Laura Wilson (vow renewal for 25th wedding anniversary 3/12/16 Temecula, CA)

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Dana T

Rev. Christopher married Larry and I at Ponte Vineyard Inn on 2/20/16. He was terrific!!!! He was fun, light hearted and warm. Everyone kept asking us at the Reception where we found him! He's a treasure.

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Chaplain Mary was awesome. Her words made my guests cry. She made my wedding feels really special and blessed, I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Tatiana S

Monday was the day that I married my best friend. I never, in a million years, would have dreamed that I could have such a BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING wedding ceremony. It was everything a wanted! Tears, laughs, and amazing advice. Chaplain Mary made our day one that we would never... Read More EVER forget and was able to seal our commitment with her loving words. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2016 Michelle K

I feel so blessed. My now husband and I had been scrambling with ideas to get married before the birth of our son. We have been together for two years and a year after being engaged we decided it was time and not to wait. My dear best friend stayed up with me one night as I was... Read More considering just going to the court house. She asked me, have you heard of Military Monday's? No, I hadn't. But I quickly googled and was in complete awe. We are eternally grateful for the warm, heartfelt ceremony we received. Our location was beautiful, Chaplain Mary spoke with me befor the ceremony started and hugged me, completely calming my nerves. The ceremony was full of sentiment, love, a joke here and there. It was perfect. God Bless.

Reviewed on 1/14/2016

We had a beautiful wedding ceremony on Coronado Island. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted. it was intimate. The ministers were very caring, warm, and ensured the ceremony was everything we dreamed it would be.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

We had a beautiful wedding on the beach in Oceanside. Chaplain Mary was wonderful and put together a beautiful Christian ceremony. I was so impressed---so were the people on the beach who cheered us on!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015 Marci M

Rev. Chris exceeded all of our expectations. We were so appreciative of all the support and guidance he gave us in preparation for the ceremony. On the day of the wedding, he was fun, kept the ceremony light hearted and at the same time was very warm and supportive of both of... Read More us. All our guests commented on how great he was too! We could not have asked for more!

Great officiant!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Julie B

We used Reverend Tuttle for our wedding officiant and could not have been happier! We met with him to see if he was a good fit several months before the wedding, and immediately loved his personality. You can tell that he really loves what he does, and he is a very warm and... Read More fun person to be around, which translated into a great wedding ceremony. He provided a packet for us to fill out that included step by step instructions to walk us through the wedding ceremony and to help us customize our ceremony, but also had his own words of wisdom to add during the ceremony. Our ceremony was short, sweet, heartfelt, and had just enough humor to keep everyone interested but to not turn our special moment into a comedy routine. He also filed our marriage license for us, which was a big help in the crazy days we had following the wedding with all our family in town. We absolutely loved him and would recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 George S

Mary was the officiant for our wedding and we absolutely LOVED her! I had searched online for an officiant for our wedding. My husband and I aren't originally from San Diego and we aren't super religious either, so we turned to the internet when looking for someone to marry us.... Read More I came across Vows From The Heart and reached out to check on availability. Fortunately, Mary was available. We met for a consultation and just after a few minutes, I knew I wanted her to marry us. I had previously met with a few other officiants, but Mary was different. We just clicked. She was very down to earth and easy to talk to, yet professional and knew her stuff. I loved the options we were presented for the ceremony and I liked how we could add personal touches to make it unique and really special. After deciding to go with Mary, she was very helpful and readily available for any questions we had, which was really nice. When we reached out, she got back to us very quickly. On the day of the wedding, Mary was on time and ready to go. She did a phenomenal job! We got married on the beach, which comes with its challenges (i.e. wind, noise from those passing by, etc.), however Mary was equipped and ready to handle anything. After the ceremony, we had a bunch of guests come up to us and comment on how lovely the ceremony was and how they thought Mary did such a good job. Some kept saying it sounded like she knew us for years and they enjoyed how personal it was. Others commented and liked how we kept it short and sweet. Again, the options Mary provided us for the ceremony were perfect and exactly what we were looking for. I would certainly recommend Mary to anyone in need of an officiant.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I can't say enough about Chaplin Mary and Rev. Chris. They were so were so nice, professional and genuine during our whole experience. I was looking to surprise my husband with the wedding he always wanted--simple and on the beach, but memorable. Chaplin Mary and Rev. Chris... Read More made that possible. Once we met them, they made us feel comfortable and I could see they were just as happy as we were to re-new our vows. I would highly, highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a small, simple, yet romantic ceremony. Chaplin Mary and Rev. Chris, thank you so much for making our first anniversary awesome.

Reviewed on 7/23/2015

If there were more stars, Rev. Chris and Chaplain Mary deserve them. From Plan A to Plan D, plus add in a rare July rainstorm, venue change, they made the difference in the day. Do not hesitate on choosing them. It was fun, exciting, and the ceremony itself as glorious and... Read More beautiful.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Clint A

THANK YOU MARY! Ask and ye shall receive; we asked for a simple and beautiful ceremony that reflected our love of eachother, and of our friends and family that were in attendance. We received exactly that. Although parts of the ceremony feel like a blur, Mary prepared... Read More us for success and provided an amazing ceremony that received excellent feedback from our families and friends. Mary didn't make the ceremony "all about her" and she knew the perfect length to be short and sweet (what we wanted) while still being full of value and importance. It was a very meaningful 30 minutes and by the end there were a lot of misty eyes. What sealed the deal with us and Mary was when she said "I don't know you two better than your friends and families, and I'm not going to try and act like I do. I am going to help you make a special ceremony." Honest, genuine, professional...couldn't have asked for anything more.