Vows from the Heart Ministries

Nondenominational, Christian, Interfaith, Secular, Spiritual

Ceremony, Wedding

San Diego and Temecula Wine Country (760) 580-8697

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Ann B

Highly recommend Vows from the Heart and Rev. Chris. He gave us the exact ceremony experience we were looking for and made all our guests feel comfortable. His delivery was genuine with a voice made for radio. He was even able to ad lib at just the right times. Overall we... Read More couldn't have asked for a more professional and personable officiant.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Jill S

Chris and I could not have asked for a better officiant to tie the knot for us on the most special day of our lives! Reverand Tuttle, you truly set the most appropriate mood for our wedding starting with the ceremony. It was the perfect blend of sincerity, candidness, love and... Read More humor that will forever be remembered by our closest family and friends. Not to mention, working with Rev. Tuttle was a breathe of fresh air from start to finish! One thing I truly appreciated about him was that it was not scripted or too stiff and formal. He saw that when I was a little emotional once my father gave me away and when I took Chris’ hands, he paused for a moment to offer his handkerchief and let Chris and I hug it out.. it was exactly what I needed in that moment and he knew it! I will recommend Rev. Tuttle to all of my soon to be brides! It was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

2017-11-03T20:17:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you soooooo much for the kind words and for asking me to share in the magic of your day! I wish you both a lifetime of Love and Happiness!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Jennifer J

We worked with Rev. Christopher and Chaplain Mary for our elopement on the beach in Oceanside. They made the process incredibly simple and stress-free - exactly what we were looking for! Everyone was extremely impressed with the ceremony Rev. Christopher provided. When I told my... Read More family that was the first time we had met him, they were blown away! Everyone assumed we had met several times before due to the personal and genuine approach he had.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Natalie C

Rev. Christopher was exactly what we envisioned for our ceremony. Light hearted, memorable (in a good way) and personable. Putting our ceremony together was fun and made easy by a booklet he provided. We were so pleased!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Anna G

We worked with Rev. Tuttle and are beyond pleased!! He made things so easy right from the beginning. He is very flexible and accommodating, and an amazing person. He was able to truly capture our personality and overall feel we wanted for our ceremony! Every guest at the wedding... Read More commented on how wonderful he led our ceremony, and the overall service he provided! Thank you so much, Rev. Tuttle!! You will forever be a part of our special day, and we will cherish your words always.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Jenn C

I married my childhood sweetheart in the most magical and beautiful way imaginable. The setting, the ceremony and words shared will be a memory for a lifetime of love. Thank you Mary and Christopher for a day a couple will cherish forever.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017

We used Vows from the Heart for our elopement on Coronado Island. Rev Christopher made the experience absolutely beautiful. His words, message and personality was just perfect for us!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 James M

Rev Tuttle did an absolutely amazing job in performing our ceremony. He was very professional & a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend him to anyone interested in tying the know. He will help make it a perfect experience.

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Jacki L

Reverend Tuttle was a perfect officiant for our wedding! He was very easy to work with, very kind, and his ceremony style was lighthearted, which worked well with our crowd. Everyone who attended our wedding said it seemed like we had known the Reverend our whole lives - even... Read More though we'd met a few months before the wedding. I would highly recommend him for your ceremony!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Vince V

Rev. was perfect! The ceremony was wonderful, his humor was fantastic, and he was absolutely amazing to be around. I would recommend him to any couple about to get married.

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Rachael G

What can be said about Rev. Christopher Tuttle and his lovely wife Mary that hasn't been said already? This couple and their amazing ministries are truly a gem. When you first meet them, you will feel like you're catching up with a long lost friend or family member. They are... Read More genuine, kind, hilarious, and go above and beyond to ensure that your special day - whether it's an elopement or traditional marriage ceremony - truly is special. If you are on the fence about hiring them, let this message be your deciding factor. Please hire them. I promise you that you will NOT be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017

Rev. Tuttle offers the Military Monday ceremonies for Active Duty Military Members. It is a philanthropic service Rev. Tuttle and his wife provide. We had the most beautiful and amazing ceremony. All prior communication was prompt and reliable. We were asked what kind of... Read More service we would like and he addressed us during the ceremony in such a meaningful, humerous and personal manner way beyond our expectations. It was lovely and we can highly recommend Rev. Tuttle.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017

Fantastic response time, along with a prompt ceremony. I loved the straightforward approach to the ceremony; and all parties involved are clearly VERY passionate about what they do. If I could give a higher review, I would. I offer my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Chet L

Rev. Tuttle was beyond amazing! I only wish everyone could experience a ceremony performed by him. We never met in person before our ceremony, but during it felt like we'd known him forever. Our guests kept commenting on how great he was. I would more than highly recommend him,... Read More you don't need to look anywhere else. Do yourself a favor and just go with Rev. Tuttle!

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Gina B

My husband and I were so happy we found Rev. Christopher online! He and Chaplain Mary made the whole elopement process so easy. The Rev was always quick to respond to our emailed requests and he officiated our beautiful and simple wedding at the Del Coronado Sand Dunes. Since... Read More my husband and I flew in for our elopement, we didn't know where to stay, how to find a photographer, where to get flowers, etc. and thankfully, Elope to San Diego helps you coordinate all of those details by asking which services you need and giving you contact information for vendors at a preferred rate. Easy Peasy! Rev. Christopher even took care of filing our marriage license for us so we could focus on having fun on our honeymoon! I wouldn't change a thing from our wedding and we are so thankful to have worked with the Tuttle's. MAKE SURE you go with Elope to San Diego when you are planning your elopement, there are other groups out there with similar names but you will not get the same level of service and care! On a personal note, my dad had passed away a few years ago, and that's one of the big reasons we chose an elopement over a traditional wedding - no one to walk me down the aisle! But Rev. Christopher was an easy choice to have perform the ceremony because from the very moment I read through his website and saw his pictures, I could tell he was a kind man with a huge heart and it felt *right* to have him marry us. When we met the Rev, I knew immediately we had made the right choice - his sweet spirit and funny personality was the perfect addition to our wedding day. If you are considering eloping in San Diego, there is no need to look anywhere else - the Tuttle's will take care of you, just like they did us! 5 Stars, A++++++!!!!!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Travis D

Rev. Tuttle is awesome!!!Researching an officiant can be a daunting process. I started my search and stumbled upon his website. His website speaks for itself! so many resources and awards. It was rare to find an officiant with an informative website that demonstrated... Read More professionalism and organization. After viewing the site we set up a facetime call with him. It went great! He is so funny but respectful and professional. We felt he was a perfect match for our wedding. My husband and I are non-denominational christians. We have mormon and catholic families so it was important for us to find an officiant to provide a nice service, without religious preference and unique to us. His handbook provided us with many options to chose from to ensure the ceremony was tailored to us and our family. He is a great guy. We recommend him for your future nuptuls!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017

Reverend Tuttle and Chaplain Mary were incredible. We are so happy we stumbled upon their site on a search engine. I personally really loved their website and testimonials, but was also drawn to their wisdom and experience. I would definitely recommend them if you are looking... Read More for someone who makes you feel like family and really comfortable with a great sense of humor and wit.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Alyssa P

Vows from the Heart is a preferred vendor for our venue, Grand Tradition Estate in Fallbook. My fiance and I had opportunity to interview both Reverend Christopher and Chaplain Mary together. They both so professional, genuine, personable, patient, and have great personalities.... Read More We also learned that they are married to each other! (FYI - They are adorable and seem like very happy people.) During our meeting, we were given a booklet with an example ceremony timeline and example readings/blessings that made it easier to visualize our options. (It’s pretty detailed and if you had no idea what you wanted… you would totally be covered). They also demystified what we needed to do for our marriage license. (There are so many things that you would not know about getting married unless you’ve already been married before! So, having professionals that know what they are doing and who you can trust is a blessing.) Both were willing to be contacted as many times before the big day to answer any questions (instead of offering limited meetings or contacts) about anything wedding related (like if needed other vendor references) and were not pushy at all about getting booked. It felt like they really want you to have the best ceremony possible. To be honest, I wasn’t really that hyped up about the ceremony part of our wedding until we met them! I appreciated that we could customize our ceremony and that our officiant (either one) felt like an advocate for us and someone who wanted to best represent us on our big day. Our conversation with both felt very natural and we walked away completely confident that we would be in very good hands. I also felt like they took the time to get to know us as a couple. In the end, we went with Rev. Tuttle because he reminded my fiance of his best man (who is his best friend from the 1st grade). (To choose between Christopher or Mary is like splitting hairs. Both are fantastic.) WIth Vows from the Heart, our ceremony totally felt like us and reflected what we wanted! We wanted a civil ceremony that was concise but still thoughtful and meaningful. We also were able to write our own vows. We only felt like we had to meet with Rev. Tuttle once (our initial meeting) and then a month before the wedding, I emailed him our ceremony selections and updated him with any logistics. He doesn’t attend the ceremony rehearsal and doesn’t really need to. (A rehearsal is really for where you and the wedding party need to know where to walk/stand and that done by the venue coordinator.) He also only attends the ceremony portion of your wedding and does not expect to stay around for the reception. Days prior to wedding, Rev. Tuttle texted us to check in about any questions. Day of, he was on time and very impressive. He helped release any stress prior to ceremony. In seeing Rev. Tuttle in action, he is gregarious, has great energy, is a good public speaker, has a great sense of humor, and is able to smoothly think on his feet. When things went off script with banter between myself and fiance (not planned), he went with it and it felt very natural. Our parents LOVED him as well as many other guests because I got compliments about our officiant even after the wedding. After the wedding, he made sure our marriage license was taken to the county office for processing. One less thing on your list! I highly recommend Vows from the Heart!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Kelsey U

I wish there were more than 5 stars to leave. Reverend Tuttle truly made our day perfect. My husband and I were both so nervous but Reverend Tuttle made it run so smoothly. More importantly though, he made is meaningful and special with the right amount of run. Reverend Tuttle... Read More read our cues and improvised if either of us "messed up". Everyone at the reception was asking about our officiant and requested his information. I could not be happier with how our ceremony turned out.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Eve R

We were married on November 6, 2016 in Oceanside and are so happy that we found Chaplain Mary! She made our day unforgettable!! We live in Maine and decided to get married in California so that my husband's adult children could be a part of it. There were so many ways and... Read More places to get married out in California that it was mind numbing. And planning and booking/paying on the Internet for a service sight unseen always leaves a little room for doubt. Chaplain Mary (and her husband) were recommended to us and we could not be more grateful! The initial emails were warm and friendly and immediately put us at ease. They were professional and friendly and explained everything we would need to do as we didn't have a clue about the legal requirements in California. When we finally met her in person a few minutes before the wedding, it felt like we had known her forever. She exudes warmth and happiness and has a smile that immediately disarms you. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Her words were warm and genuine and extremely relevant! Our son in law commented later that he thought we knew her! We opted to include a sand frame in our ceremony, with ourselves and each of our kids adding some sand. Chaplain Mary made it all work seamlessly and made them all feel part of the ceremony too. We had the stress free beach ceremony of our dreams and will be eternally grateful!! Simon & Eve Roussel

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Rev Christopher was exactly what we were looking for! As a couple in our late 40's, we wanted someone that would be light hearted, yet serious enough to provide reference to our Good Lord, and also have fun since this was not a first marriage for either of us. Rev Christopher... Read More was everything we had hoped for and more. He made our day so special by providing us with a ceremony script we had all put together that was uniquely our own and not something he says at every wedding. Our guests even commented that he was one of the best they had seen and heard before. Rev Christopher was quick to respond and met with us personally to go through his process. He asked us relevant questions and provided clear guidance, as well as, a helpful booklet full of tips and ideas! He kept in touch throughout the process and would even text kind things like when I was stressed about it raining on our wedding. Rev Christopher comes highly recommended and we were SO blessed to have you celebrate and "seal the deal" on our special day! THANK YOU REV CHRISTOPHER – you’re simply the best! Much Appreciation, the McCords.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Matt B

Rev. Tuttle did a fantastic job officiating our wedding. We were looking for someone who was light hearted and funny, yet could also present the wedding in a professional and stress free way for us. This is exactly what he did. When it comes to pre-wedding he is quick with all... Read More information, precise with e-mails, and makes it easy to set up the type of ceremony you want. My wife and I did not have to spend excess time worrying about the ceremony and the format prior to the big day. He makes it easy with the pamphlet he gives out to choose the style you want. After we made our choices he took care of the rest on our wedding day with elegance. We heard nothing but compliments from all guests. I would highly recommend Rev. Tuttle to anyone looking for a class act of an officiant !

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Brittany S

Reverend Tuttle is absolutely amazing! He made everything so easy for us, customized everything to just how we wanted it and all of our guests LOVED him. Almost everyone stopped to tell us how much they loved our ceremony! I would highly recommend using Vows From the Heart for... Read More your wedding officiant needs!

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Kayla K

Rev Christopher Tuttle is awesome! He married my husband and I recently and we got so many compliments about how wonderful he was. We knew right away that we wanted him to do our ceremony. He is so humble, caring and fun! He was quick to answer any questions and did exactly what... Read More we wanted. We couldn't be more pleased!!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Kimberly C

Rev. Christopher Tuttle married my husband and I recently at the Estancia in La Jolla. We knew after our first meeting with him that he was the one we wanted. Rev. Tuttle walked us through the entire process step-by-step. We live out of state in Arizona and he made time for us... Read More on the weekends and answered all of our questions. Our wedding ceremony was perfect! Rev. Tuttle is such a warm, funny, and caring person. Our guests kept commenting to us at the reception about what a great job he did. We are so blessed Rev. Tuttle was a part of our wedding. The ceremony was everything we wanted it to be.