The Life of the Party

L.A. and Southern California's most trusted DJ/MC Team. Our DJs are fun, charismatic, and enthusiastic, without being cheesy, overbearing or intrusive! Let us create a customized experience for you and your guests. Call us now for more information (310) 372-2222

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

500 S. Sepulveda Blvd. , Manhattan Beach, CA (310) 372-2222

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

If I could five them 6 starts I would. Everything from start to finish with VOX DJs was awesome. They have a great process to get everything set up for the big day and then bring ENERGY and FUN to the event like no one else could. I've been to what seems like 100 weddings... Read More and have never had such good music nor such positive energy etc from the DJ. DJ KC was the ultimate MC and with DJ Daniel backing him up more than a dozen people came to us and told us it was the best wedding DJs they had ever seen. It just would not have been the same event without them. My friend has already booked VOX for their wedding and I seriously could not reccommend them any more highly. THANK YOU VOX DJS!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

When my wife and I initially met with VOX DJs, we were very impressed with how thoughtful and detail oriented they were. They paid attention to us, our concerns, and helped us a great deal in the planning process. They promptly and happily answered all of our questions when we... Read More emailed them. We had a picture slideshow prepared for the wedding, and VOX was able handle all of the details for that. We just sent them the file and they took care of the rest (downloading it, testing it, supplying the equipment, setting up at the venue, etc.). They made that potentially complicated task very stress-free. We ended up working with DJ Jeff who put a lot of hard work and thought into making our wedding so special. Jeff did an amazing job with the music and with helping things to run smoothly and on time. All our guests raved about the music and the efficiency of the wedding! DJ Jeff truly took ownership of his role in the wedding and went out of your way to make sure things were perfect. DJ Jeff, as well as the rest of the crew at VOX, was so professional and yet so friendly and personable at the same time. We truly felt like we were working with one of our closest friends! We are incredibly grateful and very happy we used VOX!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Jeremy H

At our venue, we were actually required to use VOX DJs because of a Laguna Beach noise ordinance (and I guess the venue just trusted them for their compliance). We are certainly glad for the restriction because we cannot imagine using anyone else. First of all, Robert and Aaron... Read More were great to work with in planning the event and determining the vibe for our wedding. As a veteran of many Bar Mitzvah events growing up, I was hoping to avoid the "okay, everyone, it's tiiiiiime to get the dance floor" cheesy-DJ vibe and wanted a DJ who was one part ninja (silently controlling everything mood-wise) and one part emcee (clearly controlling things when necessary absent any schmaltz). While I'm sure VOX DJs had many DJs capable of fulfilling that aim, we decided on working with Andy early on in the process. And he was everything we hoped he would be (and more!). Andy was totally on the same page with us during our planning meeting and this synergy continued to our wedding day seamlessly. Andy was in total command of his post, moving things along at the right moments and deftly played many of our preferred selections throughout dinner. When it came to working the dance floor, he expertly played a killer list of songs that kept our dance fever going as long as possible. So many times, we had been to weddings where the DJ switched up a song or vibe that killed the mood. If anything, our guests had less stamina to party than Andy did as he kept us going strong until we could take no more. He was the consummate professional and VOX DJs were awesome for connecting us with Andy and following up with us after the event to see how everything went. Even if you aren't required to use VOX DJs by your venue, you absolutely have to consider them. And while we loved Andy and recommend him highly, we're confident that if he's not available, there's a host of great DJs at VOX who can meet your needs.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kari S

First I would like to say that VOX DJs is a professional well organized business. From start to finish working with VOX was easy and stress free. David Newton was our DJ for our wedding and reception. We were both so pleased with how David handled our event. David kept the... Read More ceremony on schedule and got the reception crowd on the dance floor. We received many positive comments about how great David was from our guests as well! We happily recommend Vox and specifically David Newton for any event!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kaitlin G

DJ Daniel was EPIC!! My husband and I booked VOX DJs for our wedding ceremony, reception and photo booth. The entire team was great and Daniel truly was the life of the party. During the planning phase Daniel and the whole Vox team were incredibly helpful and they have TONS of... Read More great song recommendations and playlists for you to use as reference material when planning your event. The only thing that was a minor disappointment was the photobooth printout design selections...but I believe they outsource the photobooth from another company, so maybe other designs could be made or updated in the future. Overall Daniel was prompt, hilarious and super fun. We may be biased b/c it was our wedding but I have been to 15 weddings the past 2 years...and Daniel was hands down the best DJ of them all.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Erin S

I was told about VOX from my venue. And then once I heard our wedding coordinator recommend them too I knew I wanted to book with them. During the entire process EVERYONE who I either emailed with or spoke to were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and personable. In the... Read More beginning we booked with a DJ who needed up having some personal issues which meant we had to get a different DJ. When Robert informed us of the situation we were at first extremely stressed since it was only about three weeks out from our wedding day. However, I can't begin to express just how accommodating Robert was to us in offering us a DJ in a higher pay bracket than we had booked at no additional cost. The DJ we got was DJ Henry Jones and OMG he was absolutely AMAZING! We had a Skype meeting with him to talk about the music we were waiting on our big day and straight from the get go he was awesome! So much personality and knowledge about music! On our big day, Henry was nothing short of fantastic! His great energy rubbed off on everyone! You can tell he not only talented at his job but also has a passion for what he does. We also booked our photo booth with VOX. I loved they gave us an option to print pictures on a normal 4x6 without a logo so our guests could actually use them to frame. The photo booth assistant we had for the night was Derek (didn't get his last name). He was amazing too! Extremely personable and funny. Overall our experience with everyone from VOX DJ's was PERFECT! We can't begin to explain in words just how grateful we are to Henry, Derek and everyone else with the company for making our wedding so incredible and memorable! Love the Scrimes

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Krystle R

VOX DJs came recommended to us by our wedding venue--USC and our planners--Details, Darling. After the initial meeting with Ricky, my husband and I knew they would be the right fit for us. What made it easy with VOX, is that every DJ/MC has a video that you can watch on their... Read More website and get a feel for their personality/music tastes. Before we even met with Ricky, we knew that we want a DJ/MC who was bilingual (English/Spanish) and who understood the type of music we like. One of the main things we wanted for our wedding was a full dance floor and great music. After watching the videos, we had an idea of who we wanted and after the meeting with Ricky, knew we picked the right person for our big day -- DJ Diego Terry. Working with VOX DJs was easy from the beginning and it was great that they have a music database that you can work with and also use to help guide you when choosing music. We also worked with Robbie for our photo booth which we decided on last minute and again worked perfectly. He worked with me to design the photo booth template and it was exactly what we were looking for. After our meeting with Diego, my husband and I felt confident that we picked the right DJ/MC for our wedding. He was cool, easy to talk to and totally got what we wanted. We gave him some "must play" songs, but for the most part trusted him to read our crowd. He also went over every name in our wedding party to make sure he had the correct pronunciation and accent. Diego even went so far as to help put together a mix for a surprise "Father/Daughter" dance I did with my dad. He was organized and on top of the timeline and worked with our planner to make sure everything was in place in the weeks leading up to the wedding. On the day of our wedding, we had no doubt that Diego was going to do a great job. From the moment the reception started, to our grand entrance and activities, he was amazing! Once the dance floor was open to our guests, there was literally an overflow all around the dance floor and it stayed that way until the very end of the night. Diego was also a great sport and played along during the Father/Daughter dance, which initially started with a slow song and he made it seem we had technical difficulties before moving onto the remix. We weren't opposed to playing group dance songs and Diego even came out on the dance floor to show everyone how to do the cupid shuffle. He read our crowd perfectly the whole night, played Spanish, oldies, 80s, old school Hip Hop and R&B, our high school throwbacks and current songs finishing with "Sweet Caroline" at the end. Diego truly made our day the huge party we had hoped for and our guests complimented him the entire night. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a cool, fun, professional DJ/MC!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Danielle G

Ralph Bracamonte - Quite honestly, best night of our lives because of Ralph. Reviewing each of the DJs, my wife and I both immediately felt like Ralph was our speed. Within minutes of our first meeting, it was clear that he loved what he does, and was genuinely eager & excited... Read More to be a part of our day. Ralph picked up on exactly the kind of vibe and atmosphere we wanted for our night, and he made it happen. Both as DJ & MC, his flow throughout the night was perfect. After dinner, not one person returned to their seats. First wedding I've ever seen where no one left the dance floor. Our wedding was now over a month ago and people are still commenting on the music, the dancing, and how much fun they had. Shout out to his man Tetris as well (helped MC). Wish we could do it all over again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Thanks Ralph! - Dani & Brendan

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Laura T

My husband and I couldn't have been happier to have found this company, especially Abraham! My husband and I met with him before the wedding and he calmed all of our fears about the timeline and songs. He helped suggest many of our songs, as well as guided us through everything... Read More we requested, including special requests. The day of our wedding his car broke down and I had no idea until after the wedding. He made it to the wedding and set everything up without hesitation. He was completely professional! Picking the right DJ is so important. They guide everyone through your wedding. Without them, your party would be lost. Abraham was the best! I highly recommend him and this company!!! Thanks so much!!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Gavin M

Our wedding was earlier this month, and I can say we could not be happier with what we got from Vox DJs. We ended up choosing Andrew Trego as our DJ for our wedding and he was outstanding. On our first call with Trego, we immediately noticed was how lively he was. Even though we... Read More couldn't see each other, it was abundantly clear that he had so much energy and that he loves what he does. For my wife and I, we were looking for a DJ who wasn't going to just be a human iPod. We wanted someone who was going to engage our guest on a personal level as well as setting the mood for the wedding. Trego was the perfect fit for us. On top of all of that, he was very accessible and had an amazing wealth of musical knowledge. We were having some trouble deciding what songs we wanted to use throughout our wedding during the planning process. After we described what our individual musical tastes were, he suggested some great songs we hadn't thought about. Vox DJ also has several different Spotify playlists of song suggestions that really helped us brainstorm. They also had a website where we could specify songs we wanted to hear during the wedding and ones we absolutely did not want to hear. On our wedding day, I ran into Trego as he was arriving and he was just so excited for us. It was so nice to have someone who does weddings so often just connect with us as people. It was a small gesture but it really just goes to show what kind of person Trego is. The music during our wedding was perfect. I had several friends come up to me during dinner asking me to send them the playlist I had the DJ play and they were shocked to hear that he was picking the songs as the night went along and it was based on our musical tastes. He also followed our wishes and stayed away from the songs on our Do Not Play list. There was a part of the wedding where the two of us had to change so Trego kept everyone entertained by running a game. I have lost count of the number of people that have told me he was so much fun and how funny he was. That game might have been the highlight of the night for a lot of our guests all because of Trego. I cannot recommend Vox DJs, and specifically Trego enough.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Gabi T

Tommy O'Sullivan was the DJ for our wedding at Carondelet house and he was amazing! He understood the kind of music we liked and kept everyone dancing all night. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Melissa M

Thank you VOX DJs especially our DJ Diego Terry and MC Daniel Slocki! Our wedding was spectacular and a huge credit is due to these guys! VOX as a whole is a great company to work with. While I was in the "shopping around phase" Robert and KC were both very responsive via email... Read More and answered all my questions promptly. Once I chose VOX, the planning process moved smoothly like a well-oiled machine. Robert helped me narrow down which DJ to go with. We knew we wanted our good friend Daniel to MC but we wanted to give him the freedom to also enjoy our wedding as a guest and not be glued to the DJ booth. So, we teamed up with Diego and he is amazing. But before I gush about Diego, let me comment on one thing I found to be super helpful about VOX DJs-- they have playlists upon playlists sectioned into each aspect of your wedding reception. For example, 50+ songs to browse for the father-daughter dance, the grand entrance etc. This was so clutch for me! I felt myself getting overwhelmed at the thought of having to pick out all these songs and it turns out, with these suggested songs already in a playlist, the hardest part was already done for me! As for Diego, we gave him freedom to choose the music that he felt a) matched the mood of the evening and b) kept everyone on the dance floor. I am not exaggerating when I say that, from when Diego began spinning at 8pm until we wrapped things up at midnight, my husband and I did NOT leave the dance floor (well of course there was one obligatory bathroom break). But seriously, Diego's music selection hit the nail on the head. It kept not only guests on the dance floor, but Jason and I as well! Daniel on the mic as MC was also a superb choice. His job was extremely important because he had to make sure we stuck to our loose-but-important schedule for the evening. He made sure we got everything in, made sure people were where they were supposed to be, got people on the dance floor and--if you know Daniel, you know he can't pass up the opportunity to sing "Sweet Caroline"-- well, that was one of the highlights of the night! Seeing everyone joining in on singing this crowd pleaser of a song was fun :-) Thanks again y'all!! Such a fun night!

Reviewed on 4/15/2017 Elizabeth Y

Vox dj is awesome! They were all around helpful and went above and beyond for us! We went with Diego Terry and when we met him him he was very attentive, accomadating and easy to work with. All the way up to the day of he was so great. I had some changes to the timeline and he... Read More changed them with no problem. We gave him some genres but also gave him the freedom to "feel the crowd" which was the best decision ever. He really knows what he's doing. The day of the wedding he had everyone dancing! And really I didn't think that was going to happen. I even remember seeing him out on the dance floor too! It was great!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Natasha T

Diego was the go to DJ for our wedding, we knew it right after watching his intro video and having further consultation with Ricky at the Irvine offices. Our wedding music was one with a difference, it was planned to be a broad mix of known classic and modern pop, which... Read More progressed into 90's R&B and rap, followed by a transition to today's electronic dance music (EDM) with a finale in bass music (a genre of EDM). The crowd turned out to be not as responsive to our own preferences as we would have hoped for! Thanks to Diego the party kept going without much of a hitch. He showed his DJing talents immediately, keeping the crowd dancing, happy and having a great time. Additionally, during the planning stage of the wedding Diego showed his professionalism through being on top of the sequencing of the wedding, consulting and understanding which songs to cue for the entire events different segments. He is a pleasure to work with and a ton of fun, on top of being highly professional. We would recommend Diego and Vox DJs fully.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Lyndi V

Robert at Vox DJs was amazing. Robert was our initial contact with Vox, and we thought he was great from day one. He was extremely responsive and professional, but fun to work with. When it came time to pick our DJ, we knew it had to be Robert At the pre-wedding meeting, it... Read More was clear that he understood our vibe, and was very willing to work with us to make the perfect mix. We had a morning wedding, and Robert put together the perfect playlist to get people moving and having fun without it being too thumping. It really couldn't have gone any better - people were having a wonderful time dancing and enjoying themselves. We got repeated compliments on how great our DJ was. We couldn't have been happier with Robert and his team. Thank you Robert.

Reviewed on 3/26/2017 Tracy L

10 stars!! We hit the jackpot when we found VOX DJs!!! Everyone that we spoke to at VOX was super supportive, professional, and timely. We were lucky to have David Newton DJ our wedding DJ and emcee. He was seriously exactly the type of person we were looking for. He was super... Read More fun, has an accent (what’s not cool about that?), hilarious, and played the best music to keep people out on the dance floor. David really worked with us to plan a flow for the wedding that was smooth and fun for everyone. On the day of the wedding, we really trusted David to handle all of the reception decisions and details and he did an amazing job. He kept to the timeline and was also able to read the crowd in order to keep everyone entertained. He got out on the dance floor and was teaching everyone how to dance the wobble.. everyone LOOOVED him and are actually still talking about how cool he was! He also somehow coordinated with my best friend to play music during her wedding speech and she busted out the most fantastic song and dance, my husband and I were both in shock and everyone could not believe what they were witnessing. My friend was so thankful for how supportive and helpful he was with her behind the scenes. I honestly wish that we were getting married again just to hang out with David some more! We also had uplighting and a photobooth with VOX, both were perfect and easy to coordinate. VOX helped us pick out uplighting color based on the rest of our decor and it was beautiful. They also helped us design our photobooth print out, and we loved it. The photobooth attendant was super helpful and patient with all of our guests who were frequent flyers at the booth. They gave everyone a print out that night and gave us a flash drive of all the photos before we even left the reception. Couldn’t have dreamed of a better DJ, emcee, lighting, and photobooth and we got that all with VOX!! If you’re still looking for a DJ, look no longer, VOX is your company!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017 Abe B

Diego is a great guy to start with. Very easy to work with, very accommodating. We had a semi-Persian semi American wedding. We literally dumped a list of random Persian and American music on him and he made it totally work. He adjusted to the dance floor and kept the dancing... Read More going. He's timeline and organization was flawless. It tremendously helped plan our wedding day. He was great when interacting with our guests, completely understanding and super nice. Thanks for all the hard work to make our day a very special one DJ Diego!

Reviewed on 3/02/2017 Katelyn H

Our experience with VOX was solid from the start. More than just having a huge range of options at surprisingly affordable prices, VOX’s team was a pleasure to work with. Every question was answered, every request accommodated, and every need met. We chose their “Bronze”... Read More Package, which bundled a lower-tier DJ, a photobooth with operator, and rental of 20 battery-powered uplights. As a side note, they rank their DJs by experience with the company, so it’s possible to get an incredibly talented DJ even though he or she is still in the lowest category. We were so lucky to have chosen a great one. We chose Matt Maus based on the introduction videos posted on VOX’s website. My wife liked his presence and the style with which he presented himself. About a month before our wedding, we met with Matt and walked through all the music we needed, the genres we wanted, and the crowd he could expect. We provided Matt with a playlist from VOX’s proprietary software and a Spotify playlist that combined made up all the music we wanted, and the whole wedding went off without a hitch. He even perfectly played cues of exact timings we wanted within certain songs. We thought the music he selected off our playlist stayed perfectly within what we and our guests wanted--the dance floor was full all night! As an MC, his energy is perfectly charismatic and infectious. Great job, Matt! The team that worked with us for the photobooth and uplights were also consummate professionals. Even though we ran into a photobooth printing snafu on the night of our wedding, VOX shipped us copies of every single photo taken that night. The digital copies are also high enough quality that you can make your own prints later.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Pedro R

Diego Terry is the man!! My wife and I recently got married on 2/17/17. Our best vendor was VOX DJs! They provided the Photo Booth and the DJ, Diego Terry! The photo booth manager was awesome and had a great attitude! Both went above and beyond for us on our special day! Diego... Read More Terry really knew how to get the crowd going and stuck to our selection of music! I would definitely recommend him to all types of events! best part was that he cared that everything went smoothly for us, specially for not having a wedding coordinator. 5 Stars for Vox DJs across the board!

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Ramon d

The DJ for a wedding is just as important as the music you pick. DJ Shippy couldn’t have been better. He was perfect both musically and technically (he was able to patch mics and add microphones and sound to a system he was unfamiliar with.) When he was working the music and... Read More emcee’ing the day he was present and ‘cool’, without ever overdoing it… he read the crowd all through the day and the evening perfectly - literally building the experience aurally, as well as getting the party started and then keeping it going strong. Our guests still talk about how ours was the only wedding they’d been to where they felt like every person there couldn’t wait to be up on their feet and dancing. James was even able to handle some music that he didn’t even know well - Gypsy jazz guitar from the 30’s for cocktail hour, which he moved seamlessly from that to the evening of blended hits, smart disco, soul and r and b with a motown backbone. He always added to the party, and was never pushy - never made the evening about himself, while still being a force of a DJ to reckon with. We couldn’t recommend him more highly. Also, the experience with VOXDJ’S couldn’t be better. They are so qualified, and know their stuff so well you can just pick them, select your DJ, and know that they’ll have the rest of the technical elements taken care of for you.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Bryan W

DJ Diego Terry!!! That's all I have to say, he made our wedding reception a blast!! Our wedding coordinator had recommended we check out VOX DJs and they really run a well oiled machine that makes you feel comfortable like nothing is going to be missed. They sit down and get... Read More to know you as a couple then plan the night around what you want to hear. DJ Diego Terry was so great to work with, my wife and I had a pretty complex set of songs and genres we wanted to make sure got worked into our night. Diego was so awesome at making it come together flawlessly while getting everyone amped up for the celebration. Hopefully I'm not sharing a trade secret of his, but he recommended having a one song dance party after we made our grand entrance which got everyone up, moving and set the tone for the whole night! Our dance floor was packed the whole wedding long and people kept coming up to us telling us they had never had a more fun wedding experience. Diego was also really good at wrangling our large wedding party (22 of us total) and moving the evening along. At one point my wife was feeling a little overwhelmed, and DIego was able to work with our coordinator to adjust the evening so she would feel more comfortable. I really do highly recommend Diego, I don't have many DJ needs, but whenever I do I will definitely use Diego. We owe a lot of our night's great memories to Diego keeping everyone out and moving on the dance floor.

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Domonique C

I had Abraham Chase for my wedding DJ and he was amazing. The wedding flowed SO well and he made sure it didn't drag out or ever become boring. He worked so well with us to play what we wanted and he was so much fun. Very easy to work with. We also had a photobooth which was a... Read More huge hit. I had a custom logo for the strips and it turned out great. There was someone there at the booth all times helping out and the guests loved it. The guy running it made sure to find me before the end of the night to give me a USB of all the digital pictures too which was awesome. The entire team from billing/payment, to email correspondence, to the team being friendly and on time was all on point. They made it so easy on me which was a blessing!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Ryan R

Diego from Vox DJ's was the DJ for our wedding in Topanga on Jan 7, 2017. We were looking for a DJ familiar with Latin music and Diego was definitely our guy! My wife is from Lima, Peru and when we realized Diego is from Lima as well, we knew it was meant to be. He met with us a... Read More few times before the wedding to get an idea of our music preferences, and on the day of the wedding he nailed it! He played exactly what we wanted, and most importantly he kept the energy up and kept the PARTY ROCKING! We danced for hours and had an absolutely amazing time! Thank you Diego!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Megan G

We hired Robert with VOX DJs for our 01.15.17 wedding, and it was one of the best decisions we made with our wedding. He created the atmosphere we were wishing for with a beautiful ceremony and rocking reception. The compliments we received from our guests were so positive and... Read More we were told that our wedding was the best ever. From the moment we jumped on the phone with Robert, he walked us through our options and got to know us as a couple to put together the PERFECT playlist for our big day. Definitely get the photobooth too! WORTH IT, GUYS AND GALS. You'd be missing out on a great vendor if you don't choose these guys. 4 hour dance party, perfect narration to help direct guests to food/photobooth/wedding favors, professional with great personality. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED.

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Roger W

VOX DJs is perfect for weddings. We had our wedding 2 weeks ago and our DJ Diego was the perfect man for the job! Diego will work with you to see what kind of music you want from the ceremony to the reception and dance party. we had no clue so Diego gave us suggestions and... Read More it turned out great! also, if the crowd gets too low energy, Diego goes out of this way to pickup the momentum! I highly recommend using VOX DJ and suggest to request my man DJ Diego!!!