The Life of the Party

L.A. and Southern California's most trusted DJ/MC Team. Our DJs are fun, charismatic, and enthusiastic, without being cheesy, overbearing or intrusive! Let us create a customized experience for you and your guests. Call us now for more information (310) 372-2222

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

500 S. Sepulveda Blvd. , Manhattan Beach, CA (310) 372-2222

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Robert C

You can’t really have a bad wedding DJ experience with VOX Djs. The company itself has a good standard template for everything. The general experience from the company is as follows: 1) You meet with their office manager, tell them about you and your significant other. They take... Read More down the data as you guys discuss. 2) You agree on a package/price. 3) You pick a couple of DJs from their online roster to interview. 4) You interview the DJs via phone or in person meet up pending location after their availability is confirmed. 5) Tell the office manager who you want. 6) You’ll get automated emails to fill out surveys that include a timeline for the event and music selection (from their online library which is fairly extensive) 7) Meet up with the DJ a couple of weeks before the wedding 8) Have the wedding. It’s a good standard process. Now, if you pick DJ Diego with VOX…you can have a GREAT wedding experience. Diego followed all of the above and put in a variety of extra effort. About 4 months before the wedding, he helped us with creating a custom mix for our first dance. He got back to us with the mix within a week. 3 months before the wedding, we decided we wanted a different mix. We chatted with him briefly over email and he redid the mix for us again. A few weeks before the wedding, we met up at a coffee shop. He agreed to meet us half way as the VOX offices were far. During this session he went over all details that we submitted via their standard template and took notes on everything. He worked on pronunciation of everyone’s names, timing of all music (down to the second of when various clips would play) and essentially scripted out the entire evening. Diego showed up 30 mins early the day of to make the most of his set up time at the venue. He was dressed very professionally and understood how to manage the crowd (mix of older family and fun friends). He was courteous to everyone, made clear announcements to guide the guests throughout the venue, maintained energy all night and truly was the voice of the wedding. Nothing is for certain when it comes to your big day, but Diego is excellent at preplanning and quick on his feet to fix problems and keep the proper emotions flowing with his DJing and Emcee skills. I without hesitation recommend Diego to anyone interested in VOX.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Victoria S

My husband and I are both event producers so when it came to creating the perfect ambiance through music and overall timeline for our wedding, we wanted nothing but the best. Diego Terry was one of the available DJ's and when we watched his video and listened to his old school... Read More hip hop mix through the VOX site, we knew instantly he was the guy to create the perfect vibe. From the moment we held our initial meeting, Diego was warm and welcoming and had suggestions on how to flow through the night both musically and with key moments like speeches, cake cutting, etc etc. His suggestions fully aligned with what we wanted, and was sure to ask us what types of music we wanted to avoid. LONG story short...absolutely EVERYONE complimented us on the music and repeatedly said it was the best playlist of any wedding they had been to. We can't agree more. We had a fully packed dance floor for the entire night, all thanks to Diego & VOX. We will absolutely be working with Diego in our professional life and will refer him to all engaged couples we know.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Erin S

I was told about VOX from my venue. And then once I heard our wedding coordinator recommend them too I knew I wanted to book with them. During the entire process EVERYONE who I either emailed with or spoke to were extremely friendly, knowledgeable and personable. In the... Read More beginning we booked with a DJ who needed up having some personal issues which meant we had to get a different DJ. When Robert informed us of the situation we were at first extremely stressed since it was only about three weeks out from our wedding day. However, I can't begin to express just how accommodating Robert was to us in offering us a DJ in a higher pay bracket than we had booked at no additional cost. The DJ we got was DJ Henry Jones and OMG he was absolutely AMAZING! We had a Skype meeting with him to talk about the music we were waiting on our big day and straight from the get go he was awesome! So much personality and knowledge about music! On our big day, Henry was nothing short of fantastic! His great energy rubbed off on everyone! You can tell he not only talented at his job but also has a passion for what he does. We also booked our photo booth with VOX. I loved they gave us an option to print pictures on a normal 4x6 without a logo so our guests could actually use them to frame. The photo booth assistant we had for the night was Derek (didn't get his last name). He was amazing too! Extremely personable and funny. Overall our experience with everyone from VOX DJ's was PERFECT! We can't begin to explain in words just how grateful we are to Henry, Derek and everyone else with the company for making our wedding so incredible and memorable! Love the Scrimes

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Karla V

I would like to thank Tommy Sullivan from Vox DJ's for making our day so special and an event that everyone keeps talking about. My husband and I got married about a month ago (July 15, 2017) and Tommy was our DJ. SO many of our guests have asked us about our DJ and pointed... Read More out how great our DJ was. Vox DJ's was one of the best decisions we made. Tommy took the time to listen to us, provided suggestions and guidance, and not once was I worried about Tommy. Tommy if you read this- You're amazing! Thank you so much for everything! We are so grateful to have found you!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Natalie W

Working with Ricky Hayes at VOX DJs was one of our favorite parts of the whole wedding experience! We could tell on our first phone call that Ricky really understood our vision for the music. The planning doc he provided was extremely helpful - not only did it walk us through... Read More every step of the wedding program, but there were song ideas organized into helpful Spotify playlists and awesome tips. On the calls leading up to the wedding, we were so grateful for Ricky's attention to detail (ensuring correct pronunciation of bridal party names, specific versions of songs we wanted, etc), incredible responsiveness via email, and thoughtful guidance on any question we had - big or small. And the day of the wedding was AMAZING! Ricky did an excellent job as emcee and kept the program running smoothly the entire night. The music for our dance party was perfect! Ricky made the planning process so much fun. We loved getting to work with him and would highly recommend him as your DJ!

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Krissy F

Vox DJ's was awesome and easy to work with. Mike Rylander was our DJ. He was an obvious choice after watching his audition tape. He matched our personality well. He was able to take a wide variety of music and make it all fit nicely together. He handles situations well and... Read More professionally. All of our guest were very impressed with him and talked about how much they liked him. We did not have one guest in their seats with him as the DJ. It was great.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Alex C

Rob and Vox DJs was exactly what my wife and I were looking for when booking our wedding DJ. The initial meeting was easily set up and they explained all of their services clearly. We met with them and went over every detail about the wedding from ceremony music to the last song... Read More of the night. Our DJ, Rob, was able to understand our taste and gave us great recommendations for music as well. The night was fantastic. Vox DJs were on time, set up, and ready to go without any issues. They played exactly what we had wanted and everyone had a great time. Rob did a great job reading his audience and playing exactly what they wanted to hear. I highly recommend Vox DJs for your wedding. They were reliable, professional, thorough, and down to earth good people. Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Robert C

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Tyrus A

It was clear from our first meeting that Diego was fun, energetic, professional, and offered a ton of ideas based on his vast experience. He’s also incredibly easy to work with. He was patient and forthcoming with ideas when we didn’t have any….and was very accommodating for the... Read More times we knew exactly how we wanted to night to flow. He was on time to meetings and calls leading up to the big day, and was there early to set everything up for our wedding. He made sure everyone was really into the music and had our entire group dancing non stop once dinner was done. Several friends and family members went up to him to say thank you, and a couple people actually asked to book him for future events. Thank you for the incredible dance party Diego!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Tasha M

This review is long overdue! My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Diego as our DJ for our wedding. Diego was so incredibly nice right off the bat and we knew we wanted him to be apart of our special day. We had given him some songs prior and told him to work them in... Read More the way he saw fit and wow did he not disappoint! He had all of our guests out on the dance floor from start to end which is exactly the kind of wedding we wanted! He knew exactly what my guests wanted to hear. After the wedding was over, we got so many compliments about how great our DJ was. We are so incredibly happy that we not only went with VOX, but that we chose Diego to set the tone for our wedding and he made our night even more special. Thank you Diego!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Bronwyn L

We had a few issues keeping a DJ for my wedding, NOT VOXs fault, the DJs are no longer employed. Vox made sure that we were well taken care of. They were in constant contact until they gave us our DJ. Made sure that everything would be fine. We were blessed, yes blessed, with... Read More Russ, AKA Russell Moonlight. Russ is spectacular! We skyped, I live in TX, and went over the wedding and it was just like talking to a buddy that happened to be our DJ. Having the planning document helps to add notes while you meet with your DJ, just saying. We talked for a good hour and felt assured all would be well. He emailed a few days before to finalize, and I even had to add a last min change, and everything felt great, very reassured. Russ was on time, super cool, and set up and was ready to go. The ceremony cues were perfect like he had rehearsed with us 100 times. No lag, nothing, just on point. We had a rustic wedding and he was very open to expanding his country repertoire. He just lets the music play, doesn't feel the need to talk every five mins, and is family friendly. We had kids at our wedding and never once had to worry about anything inappropriate. I had many guests compliment how wonderful the DJ was. I could go on and on how awesome Russ was, seriously, I could. I also have to gush on our photo booth attendant, Linder Borjas. He emailed a few days before introducing himself, asked if we had any questions, and was excited to be there, was totally awesome to feel like he doesn't just show up, wants to make sure we feel comfortable with him. You could tell he was having a good time too. Again just like a friend that happened to have a photo booth. Everyone loved the pictures, as did I since I get a copy of them all. All in all VOX is amazing! We would use them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 7/15/2017 Ally S

We booked Tommy O'Sullivan to DJ our wedding reception. Tommy was very friendly and extremely professional. He was great at incorporating our music selections, handling last minute changes and keeping guest dancing.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Sam R

We just celebrated our daughter’s wedding…………….It was over the top amazing! We used Robert Corrall from VOX DJ’s whose energy, spirit and expertise in conducting introductions and orchestrating the flow of music was sensational. The moment the evening opened to dancing, the... Read More dance floor exploded with our guests. You could just feel the energy. Rob had interviewed the wedding couple and captured their musical genres to a T. In addition, Rob presents as an eloquent speaker. I also had the pleasure of working with Ricky Hayes from VOX from a business stand point. The knowledge and professionalism from both Robert and Ricky all contributed in fulfilling the requirements necessary for the success of our event.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Patricia T

We went with Vox DJs for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. Our DJ was Diego Terry and it was a pleasure working with him. From the first meeting, he was very professional and helpful with walking us through our timeline as well as recommending songs for different portions... Read More of the night. Everyone loved the music and complimented on how great our DJ was! I would recommend Vox DJs and especially Diego to all my engaged friends planning events in the future.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Christine M

Diego Terry and the VOXDJ team was AMAZING all throughout our wedding preparations and most importantly, for the big day itself. We came across them at our best friend's wedding a year ago and knew when our time came, we would book with them. I highly recommend going through... Read More this company as they are a guaranteed hit for any event. Diego did a great job playing the all variety of songs as we requested after our sit down plan. He is bilingual, took the time to get to know us, personalized both the "first dance" and "father daughter" dance songs, and really was favored by all age and ethnicity groups throughout the entire wedding. THANK YOU VOXDJs- Love, The Wyatts :)

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Ben N

Vox Dj's was great throughout the whole process. Honestly, were the most professional set-up we found from start to finish. Based on our price-range and music tastes for the wedding, we were assigned Diego. Couldn't imagine anyone else DJ'ing our wedding. Diego was willing to... Read More meet with us whenever we needed before the ceremony to make my wife and I feel comfortable. That meant an in person meeting with my wife and a call with me and my wife the week before the ceremony. He was very organized, enthusiastic and professional. Personally, I already had a lot of the music I wanted mapped out because there were so many songs important to me and my wife as well as friends and family. That being said, I was a afraid that Diego would disregard them and just play all his own music, but he was more than receptive to my music choices integrating them to flow perfectly with the night. Even more importantly, Diego was a great host. He understood how the wedding was going to flow and transitioned perfectly between the ceremony, grand entrance, speeches, and dancing. He even added little touches of music that really took the dancing to the next level. Lastly, I really enjoyed how happy and excited he seemed to be working our wedding. He genuinely looked like he was having fun, I hope our wedding was just fun, but either way it was infectious and truly believe his excited made our guests have more fun. It's a week out from our wedding, and I'm still getting compliments about the music. THANKS DIEGO!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Brette M

Andy from VOX DJs is simply the best hands down! He did my brother's wedding as well as mine and everyone had an amazing time and was on the dance floor all night long!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Janine D

We booked Cam for our wedding because of chill but fun energy. He was the perfect host, keeping to our request list and schedule (even though we ran about 20 minutes behind, not his fault). My father-in-law raved about Cam as well! Robert - the owner - was quick to respond upon... Read More our first inquiry and the team at VOX DJs as a whole took no more than 48 hours to get back to any questions as were planning. We're really glad we also went with a package (Silver!) to maximize our spend on DJ, photo booth (which our guests loved!) and uplights.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Kari S

First I would like to say that VOX DJs is a professional well organized business. From start to finish working with VOX was easy and stress free. David Newton was our DJ for our wedding and reception. We were both so pleased with how David handled our event. David kept the... Read More ceremony on schedule and got the reception crowd on the dance floor. We received many positive comments about how great David was from our guests as well! We happily recommend Vox and specifically David Newton for any event!

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Kaitlin G

DJ Daniel was EPIC!! My husband and I booked VOX DJs for our wedding ceremony, reception and photo booth. The entire team was great and Daniel truly was the life of the party. During the planning phase Daniel and the whole Vox team were incredibly helpful and they have TONS of... Read More great song recommendations and playlists for you to use as reference material when planning your event. The only thing that was a minor disappointment was the photobooth printout design selections...but I believe they outsource the photobooth from another company, so maybe other designs could be made or updated in the future. Overall Daniel was prompt, hilarious and super fun. We may be biased b/c it was our wedding but I have been to 15 weddings the past 2 years...and Daniel was hands down the best DJ of them all.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Krystle R

VOX DJs came recommended to us by our wedding venue--USC and our planners--Details, Darling. After the initial meeting with Ricky, my husband and I knew they would be the right fit for us. What made it easy with VOX, is that every DJ/MC has a video that you can watch on their... Read More website and get a feel for their personality/music tastes. Before we even met with Ricky, we knew that we want a DJ/MC who was bilingual (English/Spanish) and who understood the type of music we like. One of the main things we wanted for our wedding was a full dance floor and great music. After watching the videos, we had an idea of who we wanted and after the meeting with Ricky, knew we picked the right person for our big day -- DJ Diego Terry. Working with VOX DJs was easy from the beginning and it was great that they have a music database that you can work with and also use to help guide you when choosing music. We also worked with Robbie for our photo booth which we decided on last minute and again worked perfectly. He worked with me to design the photo booth template and it was exactly what we were looking for. After our meeting with Diego, my husband and I felt confident that we picked the right DJ/MC for our wedding. He was cool, easy to talk to and totally got what we wanted. We gave him some "must play" songs, but for the most part trusted him to read our crowd. He also went over every name in our wedding party to make sure he had the correct pronunciation and accent. Diego even went so far as to help put together a mix for a surprise "Father/Daughter" dance I did with my dad. He was organized and on top of the timeline and worked with our planner to make sure everything was in place in the weeks leading up to the wedding. On the day of our wedding, we had no doubt that Diego was going to do a great job. From the moment the reception started, to our grand entrance and activities, he was amazing! Once the dance floor was open to our guests, there was literally an overflow all around the dance floor and it stayed that way until the very end of the night. Diego was also a great sport and played along during the Father/Daughter dance, which initially started with a slow song and he made it seem we had technical difficulties before moving onto the remix. We weren't opposed to playing group dance songs and Diego even came out on the dance floor to show everyone how to do the cupid shuffle. He read our crowd perfectly the whole night, played Spanish, oldies, 80s, old school Hip Hop and R&B, our high school throwbacks and current songs finishing with "Sweet Caroline" at the end. Diego truly made our day the huge party we had hoped for and our guests complimented him the entire night. We would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a cool, fun, professional DJ/MC!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Danielle G

Ralph Bracamonte - Quite honestly, best night of our lives because of Ralph. Reviewing each of the DJs, my wife and I both immediately felt like Ralph was our speed. Within minutes of our first meeting, it was clear that he loved what he does, and was genuinely eager & excited... Read More to be a part of our day. Ralph picked up on exactly the kind of vibe and atmosphere we wanted for our night, and he made it happen. Both as DJ & MC, his flow throughout the night was perfect. After dinner, not one person returned to their seats. First wedding I've ever seen where no one left the dance floor. Our wedding was now over a month ago and people are still commenting on the music, the dancing, and how much fun they had. Shout out to his man Tetris as well (helped MC). Wish we could do it all over again. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Thanks Ralph! - Dani & Brendan

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Laura T

My husband and I couldn't have been happier to have found this company, especially Abraham! My husband and I met with him before the wedding and he calmed all of our fears about the timeline and songs. He helped suggest many of our songs, as well as guided us through everything... Read More we requested, including special requests. The day of our wedding his car broke down and I had no idea until after the wedding. He made it to the wedding and set everything up without hesitation. He was completely professional! Picking the right DJ is so important. They guide everyone through your wedding. Without them, your party would be lost. Abraham was the best! I highly recommend him and this company!!! Thanks so much!!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Gavin M

Our wedding was earlier this month, and I can say we could not be happier with what we got from Vox DJs. We ended up choosing Andrew Trego as our DJ for our wedding and he was outstanding. On our first call with Trego, we immediately noticed was how lively he was. Even though we... Read More couldn't see each other, it was abundantly clear that he had so much energy and that he loves what he does. For my wife and I, we were looking for a DJ who wasn't going to just be a human iPod. We wanted someone who was going to engage our guest on a personal level as well as setting the mood for the wedding. Trego was the perfect fit for us. On top of all of that, he was very accessible and had an amazing wealth of musical knowledge. We were having some trouble deciding what songs we wanted to use throughout our wedding during the planning process. After we described what our individual musical tastes were, he suggested some great songs we hadn't thought about. Vox DJ also has several different Spotify playlists of song suggestions that really helped us brainstorm. They also had a website where we could specify songs we wanted to hear during the wedding and ones we absolutely did not want to hear. On our wedding day, I ran into Trego as he was arriving and he was just so excited for us. It was so nice to have someone who does weddings so often just connect with us as people. It was a small gesture but it really just goes to show what kind of person Trego is. The music during our wedding was perfect. I had several friends come up to me during dinner asking me to send them the playlist I had the DJ play and they were shocked to hear that he was picking the songs as the night went along and it was based on our musical tastes. He also followed our wishes and stayed away from the songs on our Do Not Play list. There was a part of the wedding where the two of us had to change so Trego kept everyone entertained by running a game. I have lost count of the number of people that have told me he was so much fun and how funny he was. That game might have been the highlight of the night for a lot of our guests all because of Trego. I cannot recommend Vox DJs, and specifically Trego enough.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Gabi T

Tommy O'Sullivan was the DJ for our wedding at Carondelet house and he was amazing! He understood the kind of music we liked and kept everyone dancing all night. Highly recommend!