Wed Your Way with W Chicago - City Center

At W Chicago - City Center, you are in the center of it all. W is a defined experience; unreservedly alluring with every movement, it is truly a hidden gemstone and a premiere wedding location. W has three distinct spaces for ceremony, reception and dinner-dancing which create an easy flow of events for the evening. Step across the vintage terrazzo floor and be enthralled with the beau-arts architecture cascading from the vaulted archways. Add a twist of modern design and art, and your W arrival becomes the ultimate juxtaposition between what was and what will be. The Great Room unveils a pillar-less escape to dance the night away surrounded by six chandeliers from the 1920's.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

172 W. Adams, Chicago, IL (312) 917-5790
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Jennifer T

While we were on the hunt for our wedding reception venue, my dad suggested taking a look at the W in the Loop. I honestly had no idea it existed and was pleasantly surprised upon entering to find such beautiful and original architectural elements to the hotel space. The history... Read More of the hotel is so cool and the details that the W have kept played a large role in making our decision to book our reception at the W City Center. My profession is in design, so beautiful interiors and architecture were a very important detail for me to have for our reception space. Over the course of time since we signed a contract with the W, there were a few change-ups with our coordinator (we originally signed with Jessie and LOVED her) but we strongly believe it worked out for the best, as it lead us to work with Derrick Valenti (who we LOVE & ADORE!). Derrick and his team went above and beyond to ensure that the day was exactly how we envisioned it, the service was impeccable and the assurance to please us and our guests was never ending. Derrick is responsive, keeps it real and personal, he is understanding and he gets the job done in a way that isn't just satisfactory, but amazing. Derrick was such a blessing to have as our Coordinator at the W and we are so happy that we were able to work with him to finish up the process and have him see it through - our Wedding reception was our dream. Thank you Derrick & team - we had the best day of our lives and you helped make it happen! I would highly suggest checking out the W to anyone in need of a beautiful space, boutique hotel feel, great service, amazing food & drinks and of course, wonderfully helpful and caring staff.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Danielle J

AMAZING AMAZING!!! I cannot express my appreciation for this venue and staff for making my wedding day the best day of my life. The best decision I made in the wedding planning process was picking W Chicago - City Center for our venue. From the guestroom block to the ballrooms... Read More to every employee, the event was perfect. We did our ceremony and reception at the hotel. The hotel has the perfect layout for this. All on the same floor but all separate spaces that flow right from Ceremony to the cocktail hour to dinner. We had so many compliments on the food and staff. Most of our guests were from out of town, so having the entire event at the hotel made it seamless for all involved. The hotel has unique and incredible spots for pictures. Incredible historic architecture. The ballrooms have gorgeous chandeliers and 25' ceilings with no pillars. Their bridal suites are all on different floors (so your bride or groom will not see you) and really great spaces to use all day to get ready in and also looked great in our photos. Derrick, the Catering Sales Manager who handles weddings does a fantastic job. He is personal, friendly and professional. I highly recommend this hotel and cannot rave about it enough.

W City Center ...beautiful venue!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015

My daughter's wedding was held at the W City Center and everything from the venue aesthetics to the location, food and event planning staff was wonderful. We had so many compliments on the wedding food and service and the room itself has such a natural elegant ambience and... Read More character, that it required minimal extra lighting. The mezzanine level was perfect for the cocktail hour . The hotel is a blend of historic Chicago architecture along with an updated modern Art Deco vibe. It lent itself perfectly to our Chicago themed wedding and our guests were not only impressed with the venue as the wedding reception site but those that stayed at the hotel loved their experience and the hotel amenities. Every detail and request we made was carried out to perfection and we couldn't have been happier.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Stephanie W

Everything was FANTASTIC!!! Our Event Manager was there every step of the way whether it was menu suggestions, timely responses to silly questions or the thoughtful custom amenities that were sent to our room following the wedding--- My husband died over this! After a long day... Read More we returned to our room to find our find our favorite cocktails + late night bites :) Not to mention, the venue has seamless flow between where our ceremony (Great Room II), cocktail hours (Plateau), and reception (Great Room I- soaring 25' ceilings) were all hosted! SOPHISTICATION MEETS BEAUX-ARTS CHARM... TRULY A HIDDEN GEM IN CHICAGO. Cannot say enough good things.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Marnie S

My W City Center Wedding was absolutely perfect. The entire team at the hotel is friendly and welcoming - my guests commented on this many times. Our servers/bartender/entire Banquets team had smiles on their faces all night, were extremely friendly to all of the guests, and I... Read More had multiple people make comments about this. Everything was timed perfectly, the food was so great, and I was told that cocktail hour had the best apps of any wedding venue from many people. My Catering Sales Manager was on top of everything, took notes EVERY time we connected, didn't skip a beat, and the entire night was flawless because of her great communication that she had with her team. She was very responsive and passionate about her job too - LOVED working with her! The venue is stunning with the high ceilings, gorgeous chandeliers, and gold ceilings BUT aside from that, the service is what made this wedding 100% perfect. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Dana G

I used the W Hotel City Center for both my guest room block, and prep room for our wedding on August 15, 2015. It was a pleasure to work with Rose Kaye as we finalized the details of the event. Our guests from out of town really enjoyed getting drinks and spending time in the... Read More lobby, which we did many times over the course of the week. The bar staff were always very polite and were wonderfully patient with the often large groups that we brought to the lobby, and were wonderful about bringing drinks to us even though we weren’t necessarily seated in the bar. It truly provided a fun and beautiful location for everyone to meet for the various events that we had planned during the week, and many people often commented about how fantastic the location was. The day-of prep room was perfectly equipped with stations for my hairdressers and makeup artists. They even arranged for our suite to have chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne when we returned from our wedding later in the evening. Rose and her team made our group feel very special throughout the weekend, and we will never forget how instrumental the W team and the hotel itself were in making our wedding such a fantastic occasion. We would highly recommend using the W Hotel City Center for weddings or any other events.

Would not use again

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Reba C

If you like your guest being told there are no more rooms left even though there are plenty, if you want to call in multiple times before someone calls you back, if you want your guest to get room charges for stuff they didn't buy, and lastly if you want to have random people... Read More eating breakfast with you even though you booked a private brunch this is your place. They were my worst vendor of the wedding. The rooms are nice (some huge some tiny) but its not worth the hassle.

Meet The Manager

Derrick Valenti

With fourteen years in the special event industry, I have a keen eye for creating an experience rather than just an event. I love creating something glamorous and unmistakable, where options are limitless and couples crave to celebrate through the night. With a magnetic personality and an original fashion sense, I look forward to creating the wedding of your dreams.