Is this your business? claim it now

Waialae Country Club

Country Club

4997 Kahala Ave, Honolulu, HI

beach wedding

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 stacy y

this is a great place to have a beach wedding without the worry of sand in your shoes or sinking into grass! we had an outdoor ceremony, the beach (public, but not a lot of pedestrian traffic) was right next to us, but because of the way waialae is set up, the wedding party was able to stand on a stone walkway. we got married in july and the location has a great breeze, so it's not too hot. in addition, kay, one of the event coordinators there, is amazing. she is very organized and accommodating. it's really quite a convenient place to get married.

Great people to work with and great location

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Mayuko O

Waialae CC was very accommodating with our needs. We had a few “unusual” requests like bringing in the sake barrel for a sake ceremony (with a big splash when opening the barrel) and the lion dance. Though they had never had the sake ceremony before, they helped us work it out. The scenic view from Waialae was beautiful and my out of town guests loved it! We had over 200 guests and the cost of the wedding was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend having a wedding here! Its beautiful and you won't regret it!

The Country Club Made Our Wedding Beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Maria Y

My new husband and I both loved the ocean view from the Club, it was breathtaking. All of our requests for decorations and layouts were taken care of by Karina, the event manager, which made sure everything was perfect. The buffet served was wonderful and all of our guest loved it. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a private beach setting, yummy food and great customer service.

The perfect venue

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Aimee S

I grew up in Hawaii but now live on the East Coast and was looking for a place that would make our out of town guests comfortable, while still having a great view. They recently remodeled the banquet room and it is beautiful (well, except for the carpet). We could have an indoor reception with views of the beach, and we were able to have our cocktail hour outside. We weren't members of the club, but we were able to find a member to sponsor us, and then the club treated us like we were members for all planning purposes. I actually didn't get to eat a lot of the food but the guests said it was delicious, and the club worked with us on being able to bring in outside vendors which was really nice. Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Bride

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Leialoha L

The event manager Karina Abrams was very thorough and helpful. The only negative was that she would forget some of the details already discussed and took a long time to go over things.

2011-11-16T09:44:26 Response from Emily, the member

hey lei - congrats on recently getting married! we're getting married at Waialae next year, but are having a really hard time working with Karina...as you said, she forgets things we've already discussed, and I feel like she keeps surprising us with fees and things... Read Less Read More

LOVED my venue!

Reviewed on 11/09/2010 Sarah Y

An exclusive, members only location located near Kahala hotel. My ceremony and reception at the same location. Ceremony was next to the beach with a beautiful ocean view and the reception was in a nice ballroom which (those lucky ones getting married next year) will be renovated in 2011. Service was exception the food was AWESOME the events manager, Kay, was a joy to work with. My husband is totally happy that we decided to hold our special event there.

Beautiful setting, seamless day

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Ian L

Waialae was a wonderful setting for my wedding. I loved getting married on the grass with the ocean and Diamond Head in the background, the food got many accolades from the guests, and it was nice to be able to bring in our own wine and champagne. The banquet room is a little on the older side, and I believe it may be undergoing renovations soon, but flowers and lighting can really dress it up. The banquet room can also accommodate a very large group while still feeling comfortable.

Rating for Waialae Country Club