Waters Edge

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

401 44th Drive, Long Island City, NY

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Dea K

When we first visited Water's Edge as a potential wedding venue back in April, we fell in love with it. The views, the upkeep, and the professional staff really won us over so we happily decided to have our wedding there. Fast forward 6 months later, and the owner, H. Singh,... Read More is being prosecuted by the city of NY for over 13 counts of fraud, tax evasion, and kickbacks, sending the venue into serious financial trouble. This is of no fault of the people who work there who are all genuinely good people trying to make these weddings happen for their customers. However, the professional staff we specifically thought we would be working with is all gone - either quit because they weren't being paid or were fired abruptly for not getting "in line" with the owner's corrupt ways of doing business. The new General Manager actually tried to help us and noticed that our contract was NEVER SIGNED! Because of that, we were told the owner agreed he would give our money back with the first payment promised to us late last week. Guess what? No payment! Shocking! Now we are being told that we are being lumped together with everyone else waiting for an answer, wanting to cancel. This man is a disgusting human being and a crook. I tried to have faith they would do the right thing. My faith in them is totally gone now. The only good thing that has come out of this is how many actual professional, kind, wonderful venues have stepped up to help, offering us reduced rates and any other help they can think of to take our nightmare wedding situation and make it better for us. Kudos to the Water Club, the Green Building, 501 Union, Carlyle of Lawrence, and the Greentree Country Club - amazing owners and staff who actually care about their customers at all these places!!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Tiffany L

When we saw the article from Gothamist that came out on Friday 10/25, we panicked. We went to the restaurant immediately and spoke with the person in charge at that point. The staffs reassured us that everything will be fine and our wedding will still be held on Sat 10/3/15.... Read More Trust me, I cried every night for a week worrying that the wedding was not going to happen as planned or the restaurant won't be operating. We went to the venue everyday and spoke with Asif, the new manager, Paul, the new matre'd everyday and Scott, the head bartender everyday. Sometimes even twice a day to make sure they have enough staffs, food and liquor for our wedding. They all understood our concerns and promised us that they will do whatever it takes to make sure our wedding will run smoothly. I also cried about the construction outside which blocked half of the view. There is nothing the restaurant could do. Paul did speak with them to have them lower the cranes before the day of our wedding. We were so disappointed but we understood that they did try their best. We were just praying for the sun to go down early because you can't really see it at night. Up to the day of the wedding, the groomsmen went there at 10am to ensure the restaurant was operating. We felt relieved, when my husband met and knowing the ceremony and all the tables were set up. Everyday since the article came out, we had a back up plan to have a shot gun wedding in a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown if things didn't happen as promised. The wedding turned out way better than I expected. The food was amazing. We received so many compliments on the cocktail hour food and everyone who had the seabass told us the fish was hot and cooked perfectly! Paul and Asif went out of their way to make sure everything was running smoothly. People have always warned me that things will not happened as planned for every wedding. I have to say. My wedding was perfect. My husband and I had no complaints. Everything was absolutely perfect. We had over 200 guests. We held our Chinese tea ceremony , ceremony, cocktail hour and reception from 3pm to 11pm. There were no hiccups and Paul made sure to communicate with our bridal party and my parents what to expect. We had our bridal party held up sparklers for our entrance and Asif accommodated us and even held a bucket of water to put them out. Asif and Paul made it happen for us. It was a fairytale wedding that we never had imagined. I always hear brides say "I'm glad this is over" after the wedding. We actually extended our wedding for half an hour longer. I wished we extended it longer. We didn't want it to end. Our guests had such a great time and most of them stayed till they turned on the lights. Also, Scott, the head bartender really took care of our guests. We had 3 top shelf open bar and they were not cheap on the pour and served our guests all the alcohol they promised. Scott always gave us a handwritten card which was a very nice touch. Besides calls from our friends and family, we received so many texts, fb posts and emails saying this is the most beautiful and fun wedding they've been to so far. ***One last thing to add, my bridal party did see Mildred eating our cocktail food in the bridal room that was intended for the bride and groom. We had such a great time and it was left over food that we didn't touch, so my husband told me not to make a fuss about it. I just wanted to point it out. *****SEE YELP FOR FULL REVIEW.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Liz s

My wedding was absolutely perfect at Waters Edge. It was exactly what I had dreamed it would be. Kathy was so helpful and easy to work with. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Breathtaking views and a gorgeous room is just the start of it!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Syng Yon

Posting via my wife's account, as a follow-up to WE's response to my 8/17/2015 post. Either they misguided us on the day of our wedding, when they said the AC was working at full capacity, or they are being dishonest in their response now. In any case at this point it is... Read More even less about that day, and more about how they have treated my wife and myself in the subsequent weeks -- saying one thing one day, and then promising something less the next time. They finally cut us a check to refund the facility fee, but the check bounced. From our experience it's just been a trail of broken promises, and I can no longer believe they are acting in good faith. (Sorry for the double 1-star review, but we have to make our point!)

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

For disclosure, I am posting this on behalf of my wife on several wedding sites, so that people can be warned about Water's Edge, and can get a sense of the great disappointment we had on our wedding day due to their lack of professionalism. A wedding on a hot summer day... Read More shouldn't lead to disaster, but Water's Edge mispresented the capabilities of their facility and their operations to handle such a situation. We were seduced by the beautiful view and expected a comparable level of service, but Water's Edge did not live up that to that expectation. The venue has a problem with untrained staff and poorly maintained infrastructure. For anything out of the ordinary then you'd need to seriously think about whether they can handle it. On our wedding day granted it was hot, the outside temperature in the mid 90's -- but this is something you would expect the venue to be able to handle! Summer days in the 90s are not unusual. But Water's Edge didn't turn on the A/C until a little before the time the guests arrived. The rooms never got cool, and our guests were sweating profusely throughout both the ceremony and reception. And it's not even that the A/C broke, Water's Edge said it was working at full power the whole time. But at their best they couldn't step up to resolve the problem. The staff kept saying they were working on it but we didn't see any real results. Water's Edge even said they diverted all the A/C air to the main dining room, but as a result the bridal room and hallways were unbearable; and as the day proceeded, even the maitre d' asked, Why is the temperature still going up? Our friends tried to comfort my wife while I saw them sweating through their shirts, and our parents and elders sat unprotected in the direct heat. I sweated completely through an expensive traditional outfit, and my wife's professor told her "I am melting." The staff didn't even bring out fans until my sister-in-law kept pushing them, and our guests who were right by the window were sweltering in the direct sunlight for at least an hour before once again my sister-in-law pushed the staff to bring out screens to shade the tables. So I think Water's Edge is basically saying this is what you will get. They aren't going to make the capital investments to have extra A/C power, and they're not going to turn on the A/C a few hours early to save on electric bills, and they're not going to have curtains to block the sun. There were other hints, like the fact that the elevator was balky both times we went to visit, and there were other online postings about roaches underneath the table in the restaurant. Granted that the restaurant and the event hosting are handled by different people, but they both represent the Water's Edge brand, and are part of the same corporate Singh Hospitality Group entity. And our dealings with the corporate team afterwards were disappointing as well, to say the least. 

2015-08-25T14:35:22 Response from the vendor

We are very sorry about the air conditioning. Murphy’s Law was in full play – one of the hottest days and nights of the year and the air conditioner system failed to work as it should. Additionally, on a hot Saturday night, the air conditioner... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

For disclosure, I am posting this on behalf of my wife on several wedding sites, so that people can be warned about Water's Edge, and can get a sense of the great disappointment we had on our wedding day due to their lack of professionalism. A wedding on a hot summer day... Read More shouldn't lead to disaster, but Water's Edge mispresented the capabilities of their facility and their operations to handle such a situation. We were seduced by the beautiful view and expected a comparable level of service, but Water's Edge did not live up that to that expectation. The venue has a problem with untrained staff and poorly maintained infrastructure. For anything out of the ordinary then you'd need to seriously think about whether they can handle it. On our wedding day granted it was hot, the outside temperature in the mid 90's -- but this is something you would expect the venue to be able to handle! Summer days in the 90s are not unusual. But Water's Edge didn't turn on the A/C until a little before the time the guests arrived. And it's not even that the A/C broke, Water's Edge said it was working at full power the whole time. But at their best they couldn't step up to resolve the problem. The staff kept saying they were working on it but we didn't see any real results. The rooms never got cool, and our guests were sweating profusely throughout both the ceremony and reception. Water's Edge even said they diverted all the A/C air to the main dining room, but as a result the bridal room and hallways were unbearable; and as the day proceeded, even the maitre d' asked, Why is the temperature still going up? Our friends tried to comfort my wife while I saw them sweating through their shirts, and our parents and elders sat unprotected in the direct heat. I sweated completely through an expensive traditional outfit, and my wife's professor told her "I am melting." The staff didn't even bring out fans until my sister-in-law kept pushing them, and our guests who were right by the window were sweltering in the direct sunlight for at least an hour before once again my sister-in-law pushed the staff to bring out screens to shade the tables. So I think Water's Edge is basically saying this is what you will get. They aren't going to make the capital investments to have extra A/C power, and they're not going to turn on the A/C a few hours early to save on electric bills, and they're not going to have curtains to block the sun. There were other hints, like the fact that the elevator was balky both times we went to visit, and there were other online postings about roaches underneath the table in the restaurant. Granted that the restaurant and the event hosting are handled by different people, but they both represent the Water's Edge brand, and are part of the same corporate Singh Hospitality Group entity. And our dealings with the corporate team afterwards were disappointing as well, to say the least.

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Le'Shera H

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at Water's Edge. We loved working with Kathy. She was very attentive and willing to answer my MANY questions. The overall service was fabulous! Food was great and the view of Manhattan was amazing. They have dock access which was... Read More great for photos. I had a few hiccups early in the day with finding space for my rather large bridal party to get ready. Eventually, we were accommodated. Also, I can't say enough about Mildred, my bridal attendant. She was the best.

Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 1/26/2015 Kelly S

My husband and I were married at Water's Edge on January 24th, 2015 and I can honestly say that we had a perfect wedding. From the second we booked the event, our wedding coordinator, Kathy, has been unbelievably helpful. Every time we met or emailed, she was happy to answer our... Read More questions and walk us through anything we didn't understand. We felt like we had so many options available to us as far as the menu: including fun options that I didn't see anywhere else like a potato martini bar and ice cream sundae bar. The day of the wedding, the service was even more outstanding. I stayed at a hotel up the block and had an issue in the morning with my hairstylist. My ceremony was supposed to start at 11:30, but she didn't finish until 12:10pm, so I began my morning terribly upset and had to race over late to my own ceremony. When I got to the venue, I was immediately greeted by my bridal attendant, Mildred, who opened my mom's car door and lifted me up over the snow/slush to get me inside with my dress clean. She held my hand, fixed up my dress and veil, got my bouquet, and lined us all up for the ceremony to start. It was then when I met the maitre'd, whose attention to detail was absolutely flawless. Every anxiety that I had prior to the day (Where do we stand? When do we enter and from where? Where does this item go?) was taken care of by him. He walked me and my husband through every single aspect of the day right down to how exactly we were supposed to cut the cake. The best part of the day was that Kathy was more than happy to accommodate us and offer an extra hour for a very reasonable fee. That small gesture put my mother-in-law at ease and made all the difference. The staff at Water's Edge went above and beyond to make me and my husband feel special. After the ceremony, Mildred sat us down in the bridal suite where she had set up a spread of cocktail hour foods and hors d'ouevres with a bottle of champagne to let us relax and have a moment to ourselves to talk. She, the bartender, and our maitre'd were always making sure we were happy with drinks and food. Every time we sat back at our table, we had a fresh drink. We went to stand on the line for the ice cream bar (which everyone absolutely loved!) only to be told that we had cake, coffee, and ice cream waiting for us at our table already. At the end of the night, all of our stuff was gathered up for us and accounted for. Mildred even stayed with me to make sure I was able to get out of my dress and change into comfortable clothes. Guests were calling our parents nonstop the next day to tell them how wonderful the wedding was. The view of the water was gorgeous, the food was delicious, the cake was spot on to what I had wanted, and the service was phenomenal. All the waiters were friendly and professional and Scott, the bartender, was speedy and made fantastic drinks. My guests were saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We had an amazing NYC wedding for under $20,000 for 100 guests, but we were treated as if we spent $200,000. Thank you, Water's Edge, for throwing such a beautiful, smooth, and seamless event that my family and I will remember forever. I would recommend this place to any bride who asked.

Perfect Wedding Reception!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014 Meghan D

We Chose the Water's Edge in Long Island City for our wedding reception, Saturday 11-1-2014. The venue was simply amazing. We used the restaurant for the cocktail hour and hall upstairs for the reception. The staff was amazing! I loved through the planning process that someone... Read More always answered the phone on the first ring. We dropped off our extras for decorating several days before the big day and they took care of everything, even folded our place cards on the day of! The venue is expensive, but you get what you paid for and I didn't have to worry about a thing, which was worth every penny! The service was top notch during the party. My guests were so impressed with the cocktail hour that some though that was the reception! The bar was excellent (shout out to our main man head bartender Scott!). I loved that were were able to have a menu so our guests could choose there meal the day of. Also, each table had it's own server so everyone was well attended to and everyone was served their meals at the same time! Couldn't be happier with how everything went! It was a beautiful place and a wedding done right!

Nice view that's about it

Reviewed on 9/17/2014

I was going to have my wedding here but thank goodness I didn't. I was given a few dates to pick from and the day I picked was fine with them, no problems. I got a phone call a week later saying someone forgot to enter a 250 person event that same day my wedding was supposed to... Read More be on. I was ready to mail them a big check but instead was told I had to change my date or have my party at the bar. All they offered was to pay for my savethedate cards since I already ordered them with that specific date. If they forgot to enter a party that big into their computer what else are they going to forget. Not sure if they really forgot or if it just took priority over my wedding since my wedding is a lot smaller. The view is great the food is good unless they have a lot of people to serve. I ate here twice once was fine but the next time not so much. Our waiter had a 10 person party to tend to and our food was not only cold but the steak basically came out mooing. After this I will never go there again.

Water's Edge Wedding

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Eileen G

Water's Edge was the perfect venue for our wedding. The views are stunning and were especially meaningful to us as we love the city we live in and were fortunate enough to have it as the backdrop to our wedding. The food was delicious and the service was lovely. Our guests... Read More were very happy. We worked with Kathy Thelian. She was easy to work with. She was responsive to our emails and phone calls and very accommodating to all of our requests. We had one snafu where we were expecting to be able to use the piano for our ceremony music but found out only hours before the wedding that the piano was not in working order. Mildred was helpful in getting us food in the bridal room and our dinner orders. She was also very helpful in the clean up/leaving process. Latiffe, the Maitre D, was excellent. He made sure everything went in order and was always there if we needed him. He got me a drink in my hand when I needed one and lowered the AC as soon as I requested. If there is any improvement Water's Edge should make - it would be to make a larger bridal suite with bathroom. The room to get dressed in was very small and I had to shut down the bathroom to the female guests when I needed to use it. Overall, I would highly recommend Water's Edge and we hope to celebrate more happy days there.

Amazing wedding! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Gianna A

What a wonderful wedding we had! We had invited over 200 people to our wedding, and everything came out perfectly. My husband and I met Kathy when we first booked our date for June 22, 2014. My husband is a foodie, and wanted to make sure that the food was excellent—he was not... Read More let down. We went to several tastings thanks to Kathy, and we were pleased every time. After the wedding, people were calling us and telling us what a great time they had and how excellent the food was. Scott (the bartender) made sure that everyone always had a full glass. The highlight of our night was the bridal attendant, Mildred. She always made sure that I was comfortable: she helped bustle my dress, made sure we were well fed, and she even fanned me when I was sweating from dancing. Overall, we highly recommend this hall. The food was stellar, the view was spectacular, and the service was remarkable. After the wedding, people were calling us and telling us what a good time they had, what great pictures they got with the view, and how excellent their food was. Our day went perfectly, and Waters Edge largely attributed to that.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 6/16/2014 Nina L

I cannot tell you how perfect my wedding day was for me and my husband. Thanks to Kathy and the staff at Water's Edge, I could not have asked for anything more. From the day we looked at the venue to our wedding day, Kathy was a huge help. From recommended vendors to silly... Read More questions we had, she was hands on and answered everything so promptly and professionally. Many times we found ourselves just relaxing and chatting with her and enjoying her company! We even took her advice for some of the vendors she recommended (florist and photographer) and they were wonderful. As for our actual wedding day, my husband warned me the days leading up to our wedding that it is normal for something to go wrong during these types of events, and not to freak out if something went wrong...well like I said it was the perfect day and nothing went wrong. The cocktail hour and reception food was amazing. I was not one of those brides who did not eat at their wedding..I ate and I loved everything! The decor and all the little things I wanted my wedding to have, it had! Kathy and Mildred (the amazing bridal attendant) did all the little things I requested just as I would have done it myself...but better! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and breathtaking! I would recommend the Water's Edge for anybody who wants to have a beautiful and perfect wedding! From price to decor to quality of food and drinks hands down it is the best place and I cannot wait to go back to visit for dinner on future anniversaries to come! Thank you everyone for making our dream wedding come true!

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Gabrielle

There is nothing like Water's Edge. We had spent the day in Manhattan looking at venues, and after heading to LIC to see Water's Edge, we just knew this was the place. There is really no way to describe the venue, the views are just stunning. I dealt with Kathy mostly, and... Read More she is very sweet, though sometimes awful at responding to emails and answering every question, which can make a bride a little nervous. But the day of went perfectly. The food was incredible, this is not your normal wedding catering hall, everything was unreal. Our guests keep calling to tell us how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. The only complaint I have is that our cake was wrong! We had sent a specific picture of a cake with white frosting with grey pipping, and got an all white cake. I'm not sure how that got messed up, but those are the details I mean that get over looked. But if the cake is all the goes wrong on your wedding day, you're having a good day. Overall, I couldn't recommend them higher. It was the most beautiful day of my life, and the venue of my dreams.

Amazing Food & View!

Reviewed on 2/28/2014 Maggie H

Yum! Waters edge's food was amazing! We had a pescaterian‎ wedding. (that is we eat fish but no meat). This made our search very difficult. We went to tons of venues and every time we asked for vegetarian/pescaterian‎ we were met with "eggplant rollatini", "salmon" and... Read More "vegetable medley"... I am nauseated thinking of it. Water's edge was an absolutely beautiful. The view is amazing and the food was phenomenal! I was upset by the person running the show the day of because he didn't give me a heads up on things that were happening (like the start of the cocktail hour or speeches for example) he also was a bit rude to me. Also we had asked for the meals of guests who we're "no-shows" and we didn't get even half of them. The person who was overall in charge and was very nice (but not there day-of) was kind enough to make it up to us after the wedding so I have to say that customer service on her part was very good. The overall value was very high. The price we paid for such a beautiful venue with amazing food was far less than other places we looked at in NYC. Our guests loved the view, the ambiance and the food and that says a lot given that most of them didn't even realize there was no meat at out wedding!

We loved it!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Tara P

We loved everything at the waters edge! The food was great, they really worked with us throughout the process to make sure we were getting exactly what we wanted, and they were so helpful! My experience was that they cost comparatively less because they are located in... Read More Queens, but they certainly aren't inexpensive...but they take care of everything included in the price, which took so much stress off of us. The day of, between the maitre d and the bridal attendant we didnt have to worry about a thing! My husband even got rust on his tux (somehow...) and they were able to get it off without even a second thought. What I think really makes this venue stand out is that EVERYONE that came to the wedding talked about the view. And the pictures came out fantastic. Highly recommend Waters Edge.

Reception

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Ashley S

They were absolutely amazing! The food was even better the night of the reception then it was at the tasting! The service was excellent, my maitre d and bridal attendant took care of everything, me and my new hub really got to enjoy the night! I wish we could get married there... Read More again1

Best Wedding

Reviewed on 12/12/2012 Lauren B

I got married here on November 24th of 2012 and it was the best night of mine and my husbands life. Waters edge did a fantastic job in getting our vision right!!

HATE this place!

Reviewed on 11/26/2012 Mariela P

I came here to get a quote for my wedding. The woman there was very judgmental. She treated me like I wasn't worthy of them. She told my now husband: I can tell you are Italian, what are you? I said: Dominican. She said: Oh! I would not want to be in your house during a fight.... Read More When she gave me the quote, she didn't even write my last name or any information on it, nor she asked for it. The place has a nice view, yes, but if this is how they were treating me, the paying customer, I wouldn't give them a dime! or a moment of my time. As soon as I got home I threw away the quote and found myself a nicer lovely catering hall! LOCALLY!

Show Stopping Venue!

Reviewed on 11/04/2012 Danielle T

I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THE WATER'S EDGE! From the amazing view, to the gourmet food, to the impeccable service, I could not have been happier with my venue from the day I decided to have my wedding there until the day after the event when I went for my pick up. My maitre 'd... Read More was sheer perfection- even leaving to pick up my officiant when he couldn't find the venue. My bridal attendant was the most wonderful woman in the world- she truly made sure everything I could have ever wanted or needed was done before I even realized I wanted/needed it. My guests could not say enough about the picturesque view, incredible food, and fabulous service. My husband and I will always have a special place in our hearts for The Water's Edge, the place that helped to make our perfect day...Perfect!

If you want the best read on...

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 angela r

When the Water's Edge NY touts "The only thing we overlook is Manhattan", they are to be taken literally. We had our wedding there in October and it was glamorous, elegant and terrific fun...what made it so? Impeccable service-starting with the Wedding Banquet staff (thank you... Read More Daniella & Kathy!) who made planning easy and enjoyable-by the way, they truly aim to please - Kathy went out of her way to ensure we had all that we desired! The chef and his staff who quite frankly, exceeded our high expectations-every course was cooked perfectly, delicious and looked like a picture! Ok, service - every server and staff member was courteous and efficient - tables served, cleared and quests needs taken care of -ALL extremely friendly & professional. A thank you to our Maitre D Paul, who i felt was my "right arm" for the entire night, our head waiter who keeps his staff fine tuned and on point. The bartenders, lead by Scott - keeps the drinks full & makes sure every bar operates perfectly. My bridal attendant Mildred, who clearly knows where the Bride should be & when & makes it her business to get you there! What more can I say, I am a tough client, who was so impressed. Great Food, Great Service, and a view to die for....Thank you to ALL of the staff & management (yes, we saw your watchful eye during our entire affair!) at the Water's Edge! I can say with confidence about the Water's Edge, "The only thing they overlook is Manhattan".

View is great but that's it!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Laura C

Worth it for the view only!   posted 7/9/2012 The view at Waters Edge is Spectacular. The food was great as well. However, the service was perhaps one of my worst experiences. I'm referring to the staff responsible for coordinating special events. First, we are from... Read More out of town so our planning had to be over the phone and email. I specifically explained our dietary needs (vegetarian and pescaterian) and over the phone it was a good experience. However, once I received my statement via email I noticed it said "Muslim" party no beef or pork. I was shocked! First of all, not once did I inform them that we were Muslim. In fact some of us were Hindu, but regardless of that we never told them of our religious and cultural background. Waters Edge just assumed because we don't eat beef or pork, we had to be Muslim. To top it all off, the day of the reception, I (the bride) over heard from the bathroom the Waters Edge staff talking about this issue in their side office. They were so loud complaining that I clearly heard "I can't believe they crossed out Muslim. Whatever, it's the same thing, Muslim and Hindu. Besides they should not even be complaining, they're not even spending much money with their small wedding. We are doing them a favor, whatever!" I'm shocked at their ignorance and I'm shocked at their lack of professionalism. Never again will I waste my money at this establishment.

Great view but that's it!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Laura C

Worth it for the view only!

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Laura C

The view at Waters Edge is Spectacular. The food was great as well. However, the service was perhaps one of my worst experiences. I'm referring to the staff responsible for coordinating special events. First, we are from out of town so our planning had to be over the phone and... Read More email. I specifically explained our dietary needs (vegetarian and pescaterian) and over the phone it was a good experience. However, once I received my statement via email I noticed it said "Muslim" party no beef or pork. I was shocked! First of all, not once did I inform them that we were Muslim. In fact some of us were Hindu, but regardless of that we never told them of our religious and cultural background. Waters Edge just assumed because we don't eat beef or pork, we had to be Muslim. To top it all off, the day of the reception, I (the bride) over heard from the bathroom the Waters Edge staff talking about this issue in their side office. They were so loud complaining that I clearly heard "I can't believe they crossed out Muslim. Whatever, it's the same thing, Muslim and Hindu. Besides they should not even be complaining, they're not even spending much money with their small wedding. We are doing them a favor, whatever!" I'm shocked at their ignorance and I'm shocked at their lack of professionalism. Never again will I waste my money at this establishment.

What a Night

Reviewed on 3/12/2012 Vanessa L

Everyone at Water's Edge was great. Every detail was taken care of. My guests are still talking about the food and our wedding cake. I have had a few people tell me it was the best ' wedding " cake they have ever had. If you want a "New York Wedding" without the Manhattan... Read More prices, Water's Edge is the place. My guests loved the views of the city and being on the water. Thanks to everyone at Water Edge are making our day so happy.