Waterside Restaurant and Catering

North Bergen, NJ

Epitome of Elegance on the Hudson

The Waterside offers breathtaking views for private affairs on the second and third floors. These rooms offer a distinctive destination for weddings and other events, complete with our event planning staff at your disposal.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Restaurant

7800 B River Road, North Bergen, NJ

My Dream Wedding :)

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Shelby F

I cannot say enough about what an AMAZING job Waterside did in order to make our day so unbelievably perfect. My husband and I were looking for a chic venue, as opposed to the typical "banquet hall" type of place, and that's exactly what we found in Waterside. From the... Read More majestic view of the Manhattan skyline, to the 5 star quality food, and the sophisticated decor- everything was beyond incredible, and our guests still cannot stop raving about it being "the best wedding ever!" I truly can't thank Miguel, Francis, Lesley, and the rest of the staff for coming together in order to make our wedding so beautiful and unforgettable. It truly was the best day of our lives thanks to Waterside!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Andrea

All of our dreams came true at the Waterside!! We had our wedding reception there in July and our guests still talk about the breathtaking views and phenomenal food!! The staff were friendly, helpful, and offered us everything we needed to make our wedding day absolutely... Read More perfect. The venue is intimate and elegant with panoramic views of NYC, which made for some outstanding wedding photos!! We returned for a complimentary brunch a few weeks ago and reminisced about what an amazing wedding we had. The cocktail hour spread was unbelievably tasty with plenty of options for our family and friends. Every wedding guest was satisfied from start to finish and we are so happy that they enjoyed themselves as much as we did. Thank you to Lesley and everyone at the Waterside for a truly spectacular day that we will cherish forever and ever!!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2015

We had the absolute BEST time at our wedding. Everything was amazing and the ceremony outside was outstanding. Shantal took care of everything and answered every ridiculous question I had! Thank You xO <3 the saint-dics (yeah, that's my new last name)

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Wanaree P

Shantal and her staff at Waterside went above and beyond to make our day a memorable one. She helped in every small detail, from the ceremony all the way up to the end of the evening. She listened to everything we wanted and did her best to accommodate us. The food was... Read More outstanding, and everyone loved the location and the view of NYC.

Reviewed on 6/26/2015 desiree k

It doesn't get any better than the Waterside Restaurant for your wedding. The experience from start of planning to the actual wedding was more than we could have asked for. The owner, Frances, certainly crosses her T's and dots her I's and covers every detail of everything you... Read More need to know. You can be assured you won't need to worry about anything. The staff was completely accomodating, and as a bride there is no bigger relief knowing there's nothing to worry about it once you arrive on your wedding day. The views of the NYC skyline make for some amazing pictures and not to mention the food is the best you can have at any wedding. I definitely intend to hold events there throughout the years!

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Jennifer S

We had our cereony and reception at the Waterside on 5/22/15 and everything was beautiful! We had an outdoor ceremony on the water, and the reception and cocktail hour inside. Shantal was wonderful and took care of every detail! Our wedding went smoothly and we had a blast!... Read More They also recommended great vendors. We used the florist and officiant they referred and they were great! The location is breathtaking, the cocktail hour and reception room were beautiful with floor to ceiling windows to enjoy that amazing view! The food is also amazing! We had many options to choose from, and Shantal was great working with us to fit our needs. Our whole expierience with Shantal, Gus and staff was wonderful! Everything was exactly how I dreamed it would be! I want to thank them for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Marilyn R

i want to thank Shantal and her staff for doing everything possible to make my daughter's bridal shower just perfect. Shantal was on top of her game being attentive and making sure everything ran in a timely manner. The beauty of the room was fantastic as well as the... Read More breathtaking view of the NYC skyline. The food was plentiful and delicious. I received texts, emails and phone calls about the great event. I would certainly recommend Waterside Catering to others as well as using the venue again in the future.

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Kasia C

My husband and I had a PERFECT wedding reception at Waterside Restaurant and Catering. Their staff is exceptional, their food is exquisite and their views are breathtaking! We worked very closely with Shantal Videla, who made sure eveything ran flawlessly! We strongly recommend... Read More this venue and would have not changed a thing! Love, The Matthews

Exquisite Wedding Experience

Reviewed on 3/30/2015

The Waterside was a perfect choice for my Daughter's wedding. This venue offers so much more then it's beautiful, tastefully decorated ambiance and magnificent panoramic view of the New York skyline. Frances the Wedding Planner extends her expertise in a charming and... Read More elegant manner with a staff that follows suit. She is extremely accommodating and orchestrates a warm ceremony, lavish cocktail hour and reception. The food is exceptionally delicious with awesome presentation - truly the finest! Even the DJ, who was a preferred vendor, was great! Compliments from my quests have been overwhelming and beyond expectations. I am completely satisfied and impressed as well. The Waterside has all the perfect ingredients for a OUTSTANDING Wedding!

The Perfect Engagement Party

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Danielle T

My fiancé and I chose the Waterside as the venue for our engagement party (February 28, 2015) and we could not have picked a more perfect place! The theme of our party was "The Great Gatsby," and the third floor where our party was allowed that theme to come alive. It is a... Read More beautiful venue with an art deco, glamorous and modern vibe. The view, the food, the service and the attention to detail were excellent. We wanted a venue in New Jersey where you could see the NYC skyline, and the view was breathtaking and made for incredible photos. The food was delicious from the salad, the appetizers, to multiple choices of entrees and then finally desserts, our guests are still talking about how much they loved it and how plentiful it was. Shantel was great to work with from the day we booked the venue until the night of the party. She took care of everything and allowed us to enjoy our party carefree! All in all, the party was a success and I (along with my fiancé, our families and I'm sure our guests) would highly recommend this venue!

Great View, Delicious Food, Pricey Drinks!

Reviewed on 1/19/2015 Moriah W

This venue is wonderful - we used it for our Engagement Party (there was no option to chose above). The food is wonderful and views are beautiful! Shantal was a dream to work with and made everything so easy before and during the day of the event - she's awesome! The only... Read More thing I would change is that we should have opted for the open bar - drinks are pricey!

Perfect wedding venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Milton G

My wife and I had our wedding here during labor day weekend of 2014. We couldn't have asked for more from beginning to start. From the time we signed the contract over a year ago to the wedding day itself - everything was seamless and perfect! 'Till this day our guests can't... Read More stop talking about how great the staff, food and venue was. Thank you Frances, Shantal, Lesley and everyone else from the Waterside family that helped make our day so awesome!

Wedding with a VIEW!

Reviewed on 12/10/2014 Marcy R

My now husband and I got married at The Waterside in mid-November and only have good things to say about how special our big day was. The VIEW - one of the huge selling points for this venue is the amazing views of the Manhattan skyline. We had a plan A and plan B for our... Read More ceremony and due to the cold weather we ended up having it inside, but that didn't take away from anything. The view during the ceremony was clear as ever from the 3rd floor. The floor to ceiling windows on the 2nd floor made for a great background for the cocktail hour and let's not forget the pictures we snuck away for outside right along the water....perfect! The FOOD - one of our must haves for our wedding was delicious food and plenty of flowing drinks. We were not lacking in any of that here. There were rave reviews on not only the amount of food at the cocktail hour and portion sizes at dinner, but how delicious everything was. Being the bride I didn't eat much, but hearing how happy all the guests were makes me wish I could be a guest at my own wedding (or persuade a friend to get married here so I can attend). The STAFF - working with everyone at the Waterside was extremely easy and reassuring every time we met. The service the night of the wedding couldn't have been better from how smooth the ceremony ran, to the dinner service and finally our personal attendant who always made sure we had a drink in hand and everything we needed. I want to especially mention Shantal and Miguel who guided the entirety of the night to perfection. The week before the wedding Shantal asked me to give up the control to her (which every bride knows is hard to do) and I did. It was the best thing I could have done because I got to enjoy our wedding and felt everything was in her capable hands, Would we recommend this venue, absolutely!! An extra special thank you to the Waterside for making our wedding the special night we wanted it to be :)

Great location, Great staff, Great Party!

Reviewed on 12/09/2014 Cristina I

We hosted our event at Waterside and were very pleased on the outcome. First of all, you can't beat the location. The views of the skyline are breathtaking and the the windows in the reception room give you full access to the view. The staff was very friendly and accommodating,... Read More and did everything they could to make us happy and the party a success. I would recommend Waterside and would definitely consider having another event at this venue.

Exceptional ! Breathtaking ! Excellent Service !

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

I can't think of any other place in New Jersey where you have: 1) An incredible view of the NY skyline, 2) The owners' total commitment to your event's success, 3) A staff that is dedicated to serve and delight your guests 4) An exceptional menu

Truly Unforgettable

Reviewed on 12/08/2014

4 years ago, my then fiance (now husband) and I attended a wedding at the Waterside Restaurant. We lived out of state at the time but told ourselves that if we ever moved to New Jersey, we would without a doubt have our wedding here. Low and behold two years later, we were... Read More living in New Jersey. When we started planning our wedding, we truly knew there was no other place but the Waterside Restaurant for our big day. We wanted our guests to experience how we felt on our visit. VIEW! VIEW! VIEW!- Waterside has one of the most SPECTACULAR views of the NYC Skyline. We were fortunate enough to have our ceremony outdoors and it was just perfect! Your guests will be mesmerized and it makes for unbelievably beautiful photos. VENUE- the space has a modern, art deco feel and not the traditional 'banquety' feel. I loved the lounge type layout that was used for cocktail hour equipped with cocktail tables and couches spread out all around the space. The reception is held on a different floor which has the more formal feel. Both spaces have uplights with a variety of colors to match your wedding scheme. Honestly, do you think it could get any better? The answer is YES! MENU- OMG the menu!!! This is where we were sold when we first visited the Waterside Restaurant. The cocktail hour alone has more of a variety of food choices than you will probably ever find anywhere else. But it's not just the abundance of food- it's the quality of the food. Waterside really takes the time to create a menu that will be simply unforgettable. And let's be realistic- what is one of the most important things you remember at a wedding? That's right- the food. We opted for the seafood bar which included an ABUNDANCE of unlimited cocktail shrimp. Add some lobster ravioli and mushroom risotto and that makes for the start of a very tasty evening! SERVICE- I needed to save the best for last. From the MOMENT we walked through the door, we were greeted by nothing short of EXCEPTIONAL service. Shantal & Gus took care of us from start to finish and were simply amazing. Shantal's patience through our decision making and her advice and suggestions helped us so much in our choices for the big day. Paired with her awesome personality and great sense of humor, Shantal really took the time ensure we did not have to worry about a thing on our big day. We all wish for the most perfect wedding. And the Waterside Restaurant made that day happen for us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Shivonne M

I would like to profusely thank Waterside Restaurant and Catering for making our day absolutely amazing! From the initial conversation Frances was so warm, friendly and informative. Chantal, Leslie and Miguel answered all of our questions along the way and were always available.... Read More The day of was absolutely stunning and the team brought our vision to fruition. The food was amazing, the view was breathtaking and we are still receiving compliments on how elegant our wedding venue was. Thanks again guys we really appreciate it. Shivonne & Irving Paul 10/5/2014

October 10, 2012

Reviewed on 11/22/2014

Our ceremony and reception at the Waterside was absolutely amazing. The view was unbelievable and the food was out of this world. Fran and her staff catered to our every need. All our guest raved about the cocktail hour (especially the duck station). The bar tenders were... Read More outstanding, everyone always had a drink in their hands. Chantelle was such a big help. She took great care of my husband and I and made sure we were able to taste all the food and enjoy our cocktail hour.

The Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Jenna B

Love this place!! My name is Jenna, and as the Bride, it was amazingly PERFECT!! The Perfect location with the ceremony outside on September 29th. The weather was perfect, awesome view of New York skyline. Impressed with the staff. they were on it and welcoming. My... Read More coordinator was the Best, and took care of myself and the Groom. (made sure we ate) ;) The food was ALL delicious, and was very pleased as well as our guests. Everyone who came to our wedding say it was the BEST wedding Ever!! I'd do it all over again.

Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

My neice was married and had her reception at the Golden Inn on October 11 of this year. The weather did not cooperate but in no way impacted the services on the beach or the reception. Jen Quig was spectacular and attended to every need that day. She was spot on her game and... Read More did not leave any item addressed ahead of schedule. The event went off without one issue, thanks to Jen.

Stunning View, Great Service

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

The service at the Waterside is unmatched. They make sure that you are attended to the whole time. My guests kept commenting on how good the food was and the service was excellent. The view could not be matched. We were happy to have chosen the Waterside for our special... Read More day.

Simply Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Elizabeth A

When my husband and I first started our search for a wedding venue we knew that we wanted something on the water for our summer wedding. We had seen a few other venues on the Hudson River, but they did not meet our expectations. Waterside was actually the last venue that we... Read More looked at before we made our final decision. We first saw Waterside on a very rainy day and we met with the manager, Bob. Bob was very kind and genuine and did not pressure us at all to book right away. However, it did not take us long to make a decision because despite the rainy day we knew that we wanted to have our wedding reception at Waterside. Waterside had everything that my husband and I were looking for in a venue. For instance, it is on the Hudson River with breathtaking views of the city. We also liked that the restaurant is somewhat hidden from the street, but still easy to get to. We were worried about our family members getting lost, but all of them found the restaurant without any problems. The venue itself is very modern and we especially liked that the cocktail hour and our actual reception were on 2 different floors. The staff at Waterside are absolutely wonderful! I felt very lucky to work with Frances, Lesley, and Shantal. Lesley was always so prompt in responding to my multiple emails. She always answered and addressed all of my questions and concerns. Frances was absolutely amazing! I was so lucky to have Frances coordinate my wedding reception. She knew exactly what my husband and I envisioned for our wedding. Frances made us feel like we should have everything we want on our wedding day and we absolutely got everything we wanted and more! She is very organized and accommodating. Shantal was our maitre d' for our wedding reception and she was fabulous! Once we arrived from our ceremony to Waterside Shantal made sure that we had water and that we were comfortable. She made sure that we got a chance to actually eat during our cocktail hour, which was so awesome! Shantal and Miguel always made sure that my husband and I always had a drink in our hands and always asked us if everything was going well. Shantal did such a wonderful job ensuring us that our reception was running on time and that our guests were having a good time. Our guests loved Waterside! Many of our guests told us that they really enjoyed all of the food that they had. Our guests thought that the food during cocktail hour was delicious and plentiful. Some of our guests were surprised that they were actually going to have a full course meal after cocktail hour. They really enjoyed all of the food! Many of our guests commented that our venue was very modern and classy, and they all had a wonderful time. Overall, our wedding reception at Waterside was spectacular! The staff at Waterside really did an amazing job in making sure our reception went as planned, and it was flawless! Thank you so much to all of the staff at Waterside, especially Frances, Lesley, Shantal, Miguel, and Bob.

The Perfect Ricciardi/McGuire Wedding - October 2014

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Vera R

Why did we choose the Waterside Restaurant as the location for our wedding ceremony and reception? First and foremost, the view of Manhattan's west side was spectacular. Especially at night. All the way from the Freedom Tower to the George Washington Bridge. As a resident of... Read More Manhattan I looked at the view and said, "This is me, this is my city." We called the next day to reserve a date. We had the wedding ceremony outside, the cocktail hour on the second floor with floor to ceiling windows facing Manhattan, and the reception on the third floor which also had a view. The Waterside location was convenient. Close to several hotels, shopping mall, other restaurants, and water taxis to Manhattan. And a great benefit was the Waterside had free parking. Shantal, Leslie and Frances were there with me from the beginning to the end. And they worked well with the vendors we used. Out of the ordinary requests were never a difficulty. They cheerfully met every request with cheer and great presentation. And they never tired of my daily phone calls. The food was tremendous. Our guests claimed our wedding was the best one they had ever attended. One relative told us they had never attended a wedding like that one. It was special for all. I would highly recommend the Waterside Restaurant for your wedding reception. It met and exceeded all of our expectations.

Fall 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Aimee N

We recently had our wedding at the Golden Inn in Avalon. We had a few major communication issues during the planning process, one being our planner changing. The rooms/block situation was unorganized and our guests had a hard time booking rooms. I had numerous calls to the hotel... Read More to get it straightened out and was basically told it was a holiday weekend and there was nothing that they could do. Emails also took almost a week to be answered up until the month before the wedding. Just be willing to be patient and persistent. In the end, everything worked out and was perfect at the Golden Inn. The day was amazing and the beach views are unbelievable. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was and what a great venue it was. Everything came together and we had a blast at our wedding.

Gorgeous and amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Anthea C

If you are looking for a modern venue with a beautiful NYC view and you have a guest list of ~200 or less, THIS IS YOUR PLACE. (Waterside can fit up to ~215 guests, but I wouldn't personally suggest it..) We had our ceremony outdoors and they set up the space exactly as we... Read More asked, they even lit the citronella candles that I had brought over because I'm allergic to mosquito bites. Our cocktail hour was held on the second floor; the reception followed on the third floor. This venue is a one-wedding-at-a-time type of place. Our guests loved the views, the atmosphere, and especially, the food! This in not a ballroom type venue which was perfect for us. Lesley, Fran, and Shantal were all amazing to work with. Lesley and Fran handled all of the planning, emails, and nitty-gritty details - they were responsive, accommodating, and friendly. Fran also had wonderful suggestions and tips whenever we spoke which ALL worked out perfectly. Shantal was our maitre'd on our wedding day and she was perfect - she handled any problems that came up, made sure we had everything we needed, and she also gave us a quiet moment during cocktail hour away from the guests to make sure we had time to eat. Our glasses were never empty all night! Their staff was also wonderful, making sure that the ceremony went off without a hitch and they were perfect through the reception and even the after party. From our first visit until we left after the wedding, our experience with Waterside was everything we had hoped it would be. Our friends cannot stop raving about how amazing the wedding was!