Waverly Mansion

Food + Catering

2300 Waverly Mansion Dr, Marriottsville, MD

Perfect

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Michelle C

Waverly Mansion is a perfect venue to hold your wedding ceremony and reception. Starting from the ceremony- the weather was perfect for an August wedding so we had our ceremony out front of the mansion. The cocktail hour was held outside the tent to the left and the reception... Read More was under the tent. We purchased the air system because we weren’t sure how hot the day was going to be and we were glad we did. When everyone gets to dancing it gets hot in the tent. The food was amazing- Catering by Uptown is known for their delicious foods. They provide you with a wedding coordinator for the night of your wedding so you don’t have to worry about a thing. A few things that made my wedding difficult- they won’t let you enter the mansion until 1.5 hours before your wedding. It makes it difficult when you want to get your pictures done before the ceremony so you can enjoy your cocktail hour. When you reserve your day, you rent the entire mansion so your guests can walk through the historic mansion, which is a pretty neat feature. Overall the wedding was gorgeous. The bride and groom have their own servers. They all really make sure you, your husband and your immediate family are taken care of (for example, they knew my mom and dad’s favorite drink). The mansion was reasonably priced and the price includes EVERYTHING- food, drinks, tables, chairs, centerpieces, etc. It’s a one stop shop!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Rachel H

This venue is simple, classic and beautiful. Catering By Uptown is the company they exclusively use and they are an amazing company! Amazing customer service and very affordable. They will help you as much as you need and know how to make you the happiest bride you can be. They... Read More also have many other venues, PICK THEM! Www.cateringbyuptown.com

Great location

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Carolyn J

My husband & I decided to check this place out since our neighbors picked this venue & catering was included. We met with Linda 2 different times (for different family members) and signed right away. It made sense not only due to location but to have food & beverage included... Read More helped a great deal. The food was amazing, everyone commented on it! It was nice to be able to go to the main location for Uptown Catering to try several selections of food. Cake was also included. There were a few things we did not know about until right before the wedding. We got our day of coordinator the week of. Even though we could call Uptown Catering with any questions, it would've been nice to have one at least 3-4 weeks prior. If you've never done this before, it would really help. Also, if you do a rehearsal, there is a fee but they add 20% for the coordinator to it. While we wish we knew that up front, our coordinator Courtney did a great job & made sure we had everything we needed for that day. When our top layer cake was wrapped up, there was so much room in the box that it slid around some & was smushed a little. Even though cake would taste the same slighted smushed or not, it would've been nice if it was packaged properly. Overall, this was a beautiful historic location, and Uptown did do a good job.

Amazing one on one service

Reviewed on 3/04/2015

I normally don’t write review but while booking my wedding for this upcoming fall I worked with Christina Lambie from Catering by Uptown, and I must say she was amazing. She was readily available whenever I called (which was a lot). The venue was gorgeous and I knew it was... Read More everything I wanted. While working with Christina she made all of my dreams come to life and was very helpful with all of the questions I had and changes I wanted to make to the package. I fell like from the very first phone call to our meeting and everything in between I have been blown away at the personal attention I have received this far you would think I was the only Bride she was working with. I truly can’t wait to say I do this year in such a magical venue and I know that Christina Lambie and Catering by uptown will take care of every last detail and make my dream day come true!