Webster House

Kansas City, MO

Book Your Wedding with Webster House

A HISTORIC VENUE IN KANSAS CITY, MO

Webster House is situated in Kansas City, Missouri, in the city’s Crossroads Arts District next door to Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. The Webster House offers refined wedding receptions and ceremonies in a historical site established in 1885.

This two-story brick building features 19th century architecture with elegantly wrought cornices and stately cupola. The Webster House’s interior exudes a stylishly classic atmosphere with rich wood accents oriental rugs, sparkling chandeliers and turn-of-the-century antique furnishings.

At Webster House, you have the option of having a charming indoor ceremony in the Webster House's ballroom, where sunlight streams through the many windows to sparkle in the chandeliers hanging from high ceilings. Renovated hardwood floors provide a picture-perfect first dance.

For an outdoor ceremony, you have the option of the Webster House's manicured lawn. Flowering bushes and stately trees lend the scenery a rustic edge. The entire area can be tented for a covered ceremony.

You have several options when booking your wedding at the Webster House. The ballroom can be combined with adjoining rooms to provide space for up to 130 wedding guests or the entire venue can be rented out to host up to 325 people.

The Webster House, both as a restaurant and wedding venue has a celebrated past of pleasing its customers. The Knot awarded Webster House “Best of Weddings” in 2011. The Webster House is also on the National Register of Historic Places.

Webster House’s award-winning restaurant offers catering featuring local ingredients and diverse, seasonal menus. The chef works with you to plan a menu for your wedding reception. If the Webster House as a location is not to your liking, Webster House also offers off-site catering. Catering services include servers, a bar and bartender and your wedding cake. The bar comes with a champagne toast and a wide range of beer, wine, premium liquors and signature cocktails.

Webster House has everything you need to plan your wedding. With access to preferred professionals that it has experience working with, Webster House can coordinate room setup, linens, floral, photography, music and lighting, transportation and lodging for you, easing the stress of juggling different vendors so that you are free to focus on the most important person in your life.

The following are also provided by the Webster House:

• Tables and upholstered chairs
  • Centerpieces
  • Silverware, china and glassware

Webster House is handicap accessible. Because it is a much sought-after venue, a minimum of 125 guests are needed to book a wedding here.

Webster House is not only a premiere wedding location, but a hot spot for shopping and dining. Antiques enthusiasts find a wide range of 18th and 19th century American, European and Asian art, accessories and furniture in the area.

In addition to all the previously mentioned amenities, Webster House offers:

• Event manager
  • Decorating
  • Bridal suite
  • Dance floor

For Life's Special Occasions

Events become special when they are set in a unique and memorable atmosphere. Webster House welcomes your guests in the rich surroundings of an exquisitely restored 19th century building. Let us host your event with comfortable elegance and signature style. Our staff will see that your dreams are fulfilled and your wedding will always bring fond memories to mind.

Historic Venue, Restaurant

1644 Wyandotte Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 800-8825

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Shirley R

My wedding day was perfect. Thank you Kathy Done and Webster House! From the first meeting and overview, to the final hour and every wonderful detail... ---perfect, fabulous, amazing! The Webster House is a beautiful historic brick building downtown by the Kaufmann Performing... Read More Art Center. Location and parking were great. The inside of Webster House was beautiful, warm, inviting, and the perfect environment for my dream holiday wedding. Kathy Done and the entire staff of Webster House were wonderful to work with. I want to live my fabulous wedding day all over again. And I would not change a thing. Thank you!

2017-02-08T12:47:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Shirley-You win the "Happiest Bride" award of the year. We are so glad you were thrilled with everything. We loved working with you and Garrett!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Amy M

Our NYE reception at the Webster House was fabulous! Kathy Done was exceptional in the planning- was very receptive to new ideas and paid attention to my daughters needs. The inside was exquisitely decorated for Xmas already and the place was lovely W for an evening party... Read More celebration! The food was delicious and the waiters and waitresses, bartenders were top notch. The parking garage was perfect for winter time too! All in all, the Webster House is the best for a celebration of any kind! Thank you Kathy Done for a perfect night from start to finish!

2017-01-12T13:07:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amy-It was a pleasure working with you all. Loved the midnight balloon drop!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Amy H

There's nothing negative to say about Webster House, except maybe the gorgeous setting caused my friends and family to drink the place dry? I hosted my daughter's wedding for 240 guests and I wish I could do it all over again next week, it was so beautiful, elegant and easy.... Read More Kathy was a breeze to work with from start to finish. She's very responsive to emails, calls, changes, new ideas, new vendors (many places strongly recommend certain vendors and don't really open their arms to new ones...Webster House was great with my new florist). Kathy knows everyone, has worked with everyone and was trained by the best in the business (hats off to the late Marilyn McGilly, KC wedding planner extraordinaire). Plus, she came up with a darling appetizer for our Chicago themed reception, Chicago style hotdogs served out of custom made hawker boxes. They were a HIT, set such a fun tone, and less expensive than passed hors d'oeuvres. Kathy comes up with good money saving ideas but the quality is always outstanding...she never tries to up-sell. I was so proud to be hosting a wedding reception at the historic Webster House! The food is gourmet, beautifully presented and beyond delicious. It's the most impressive and beautiful venue in Kansas City, and Kathy Done's extraordinary planning skills, meant the bride, groom and I just got to show up and enjoy!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017

Wonderful enchanted night. We were wowed. The only little surprise came when we sliced into our cake....but delicious anyway! The pastry chef made us a perfect to-order "trial" cake, and she hit it right on the money, so we asked for it specifically! But the pictures show my... Read More face when I cut into it, I said "WHAT"? I kept cutting looking into the middle for the raspberry filling that just wasn't there. But it was ok just not the vision I expected...however, I still give them 5 stars! No one else in KC could have pulled off this at the last minute (a perfectly prepared and tasting grand meal and reception) like Kathy Done. WE Love her! Great staff, also! Superb Venue! I know we will choose them again and again. Thanks, Kathy!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Katherine W

I cannot say enough good things about the Webster House and Kathy Done! Throughout planning, Kathy is an absolute professional. She was very responsive to any questions and adjusted perfectly to our planning style. She made suggestions whenever we needed them and encouraged our... Read More ideas whenever we had them. And still, somehow, made it all stress-free. The venue itself is stunning. The food is 5-star restaurant quality. And the staff is professional and friendly. I cannot imagine a more perfect reception. I am so thankful that we chose the Webster House. Thank you for such an incredible event and making it so that I could spend every moment celebrating with my new husband, family, and friends. I will cherish these memories for many, many years to come.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Addie S

We had a brunch reception at The Webster House and everything was spectacular! From the very start, we felt a great connection with Kathy Done and the entire staff at the venue. We absolutely loved the food and personal touches that Kathy coordinated. Our guests continue to rave... Read More about their experience and can't stop talking about the beautiful day!! We love The Webster House!!

2017-07-05T09:33:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Addie - It was such a pleasure meeting and working with you, Aaron and your entire family!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 John C

Outstanding is the rating that truly applies here. The Webster House staff and facilities are first rate. Helpful, responsive, polite, and proactive are words that come to mind. I cannot express how grateful we were to have our wedding there. I HIGHLY recommend this location and... Read More staff for any functions that fit this kind of venue. Kathy and her crew were just superb!! Even more, they made our 1 year anniversary memorable and exceptional.

2017-03-22T14:18:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much John and Janet - It was a great pleasure working with you both! Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Susan P

The Webster House was perfect for our wedding. The setting is gorgeous and intimate - like a wedding at home if home is a beautiful mansion. The food was perfect - each plate was prepared with care and the staff did a wonderful job of making every guest feel special and cared... Read More for without being smothered. Kathy Done pays attention to every detail so you don't have to! And the price was very reasonable - especially considering the quality, service and that it can almost be one stop wedding planning.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

My husband I had high expectations when looking for a venue for our wedding reception. In exploring options, we were delighted to learn that a past associate of mine, Kathy Done, was the Special Events Sales Manager at Webster House and, if chosen, would be in charge of the... Read More execution of our gathering. Once I learned of Ms. Done being in this role and seeing the banquet facilities at Webster House, I had 100% confidence that our event would be everything we were hoping. We were correct. Not only did Ms. Done work tirelessly and patiently to make sure that all of our requests were met, she exceeded greatly by placing excellent staff at our service for the reception. We were treated royally. The elegant setting of Webster House was an opulent venue that exceeded any expectations we had for our reception to be a wonderful and memorable experience for all of our guests and us. We have subsequently returned to Webster House for dinners and each time we are treated and remembered as honored guests. Ms. Done and Webster House, a distinctive combination, are true assets to anyone who wants to experience a magical dining and entertaining experience in Kansas City.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

We chose Webster House for our anniversary party and vow renewal. It was fabulous! They made everything so easy! Every aspect of the event from planning to the end of the evening was beautifully, graciously, and professionally handled. The food was delicious. The service... Read More was impeccable and, of course, I don't think there is a more elegant venue in town! It was magical evening!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Meredith H

My wife and I are beyond thrilled with our entire wedding celebration at Webster House. From the moment we contacted Kathy to our wedding toasts, Kathy and her experienced, kind, and welcoming staff made my then finance and myself feel truly like royalty. As a same sex couple we... Read More had visited several other venues in the area and were met with awkward silence and hesitation. However, Kathy, the staff, and chef did not bat an eye. We were welcomed into Webster House as if we long lasting friends and they were as ecstatic as ourselves for our nuptials. Kathy worked with our busy schedules to find time to do our incredible food tasting, which left us feeling like celebrities, and hammered out all the details. On the day, our limo was nearly an hour late for our arrival. But Kathy met us at the door with a welcoming smile, calm hand, and a delicious wine selection which immediately settled my nerves. Our decorations and seating arrangements were perfectly executed. Each step of the celebration was a smooth transition. Webster House and Kathy, thank you for making our wedding celebration what it is supposed to be...special.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Cindy M

Amazing. Kathy Done and her team were great. From the initial meeting to the tasting and the rehearsal dinner. Professionalism and elegance at its finest. Very reasonably price for such an exquisite venue!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah L

If you haven't considered Webster House for a reception or rehearsal dinner venue, you should! We utilized Webster House for our rehearsal dinner and have nothing but positive comments about our experience. First off, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. It is a very traditional... Read More and elegant building with lots of ornate, classic decor. The room for our rehearsal dinner overlooked the Kauffman Center and the view was just to die for. Next, Kathy was extremely helpful in planning and coordinating - she was almost like a personal wedding coordinator! She was incredibly responsive and brought many things to our attention that we wouldn't have thought of on our own. We provided her with our menu for the day of reception along with some personal likes/dislikes and she put together a tasting menu with their catering chef, Chef Edwin, that was top notch. The tasting itself was incredible! When you go for your tasting, definitely go with an empty stomach - we had leftovers for days! We got to sample 6 different appetizers, 3 different salads, 2 different entrees, and 3 different desserts made by their in-house pastry chef. All of these items were fabulous and it was incredibly tough deciding which items to choose (make sure you try the duck spring rolls). Kathy worked very hard to come up with unique dishes that wouldn't clash with our reception meal all the while keeping a ballpark budget in mind. It was truly a pleasure to work with her from our initial contact to our follow-up after our big day. The evening of our rehearsal dinner was impeccable. All of our guests raved at the dinner (and we have been receiving glowing reviews for a couple weeks now) how our rehearsal dinner was definitely the best meal they had ever eaten at a rehearsal dinner, and one of the best meals they have had in general! We loved every minute of it as well. We had a personal bartender serving beer and wine along with two to three other servers passing appetizers during the cocktail hour. Once we sat down for dinner, the service was spectacular. We have to recognized Gary- he was incredible and made sure our experience was the absolute best! Our glasses were never empty, they had a rush of staff come over to help serve our entrees so no one had to wait, and they were extremely accommodating and almost disappeared to stay out of the way while the toasts were being given. We truly appreciated how attentive and receptive the staff were because they made the evening go without any hitches. We also wanted to give a small shout out to the event coordinator that evening, Heather, for helping us out when we realized earlier in the afternoon the printing vendor messed up our name cards for the reception the following evening and sent us into a panic trying to get them reprinted the day before the wedding. We called up and asked Heather if we could have the reprinted cards delivered to Webster House since we would be at the church rehearsal when they were completed and she was so accommodating and said it was no problem. We cannot think of anything we would've changed or improved and Kathy along with her staff deserve immense praise. In fact, I think they only thing we wished was that our meal selections were on Webster House's regular dinner menu so we can come back and enjoy our fabulous meal whenever we want! We highly recommend Kathy and her staff at Webster House! Thanks for the best rehearsal dinner evening we could've imagined! Sarah & Andrew

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Meg H

The Webster House exceeded my expectations by far! Kathy walked us through the entire process, and made each step fun. She really made my fiance and I feel special. We were so pleased with how everything turned out and are still receiving compliments! The food was delicious and... Read More the atmosphere was perfection. The Webster House has become my (and many of our guest's) favorite venue in Kansas City. Thanks, Kathy!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

My now husband and I selected Webster House to do our catering for our wedding. We were elated with everything from the creative passed hors d' oeuvres of chicken and waffles with a basil- peach jam and an amazing deviled egg with pancetta, capers and a sweet bbq sauce to the... Read More shrimp and grits accented with pulled short rib, and a wonderful smoked salmon with corn salsa, and who can forget the favorite; bacon maple donuts, plus so much more. We chose Brinner (breakfast for dinner) as our menu. Kathy was so open to the idea and worked very hard to create a menu our guests are still raving about! The staff at Webster House is so friendly and professional. They really have your best interest at heart, and it shows.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

Great venue for a wedding reception! We just recently had our reception here earlier this month with a cocktail hour followed by a sit down dinner. It was perfect for our small size (around 50 guests) and had just the atmosphere we were looking for. It has so much charm and... Read More character and the food was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from guests on both our food and cake (which was beautiful and done in house). They are special event experts and take care of all the details, which makes it very easy. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

We hosted a celebration dinner at the Webster House following a family wedding at the Pilgrim Chapel. It couldn't have been more perfect! Kathy Done and her staff created a beautiful evening for our son and his new wife. Not a detail was overlooked and the staff was extremely... Read More attentive. From the passed appetizers to the exquisitely designed (and yummy) wedding cake, the food was wonderful! A true test of a fabulous chef is to present a perfectly cooked medium rare filet and tasty salmon to all thirty guests at the same time! A huge thanks to Kathy and the Webster House staff for their attention to detail and for creating a lasting memory for all of us!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan R

We live in Dallas, but I'm from Kansas City so we chose KC as our wedding location. After spending three days scouring downtown for reception venues, the historic Webster House became the obvious choice. The food is phenomenal, the location is great (in the shadow of the... Read More Kauffman Center), and Kathy, the event coordinator is a top notch professional. Let's just say she knows what she's doing. Planning a wedding from a distance can be difficult but the process was absolutely seamless because of Kathy and her team. She worked with the band and the florist to make sure everyone was on the same page. I would highly recommend the Webster House for a delicious dinner, and an elegant, fun wedding reception.

Webster House

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Christine S

Could not have asked for a better reception. Kathy Done, Webster House's event planner, has been unofficially dubbed my fairy-god-mother. Seriously. So much respect for the work that she does, her smart insight, and the class of party that she throws. Overall, INCREDIBLE... Read More food, fantastic atmosphere, and great vibes all around. My 100 person guest list has not stopped talking about it. Did I mention how good the food was? Also, silk and leather chairs... just saying. If we could do it all over again, we'd do it with Webster House. No questions.

Outstanding experience

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

My husband and I had an outstanding experience with the Webster House as our wedding reception venue. Kathy's (the event coordinator) attention to detail was fantastic and her opinions were on-point and tremendously helpful. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.... Read More We had several guests tell us it was the best wedding food they ever had. Every detail was so thoughtfully attended, and the Webster House allowed us and our families to truly enjoy the evening.

Wedding Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 christie g

Our son's rehearsal dinner was outstanding. We had a meeting to discuss possible dishes then came back for a tasting. The tasting was relaxing and they were very generous with the options provided. My son is a picky eater so they catered to him so he could enjoy a delicious... Read More meal that was a bit modified from other guests. They set the cocktail and dining rooms beautifully, honoring any requests I had. Most importantly the food and the service was above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Each of our 48 guests enjoyed amazing food; better than I've had at any other venue. Again, the service was outstanding. I will use the Webster House for any occasion I have in the future. It would be perfect for weddings, showers, business gatherings, etc. because not only is it delicious, it's fairly priced in comparison to other KC venues.

We loved Webster House!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Heather S

Webster House is incredible! Kathy and her team are excellent - I live in Washington, DC and they helped me plan a beautiful wedding reception all the way from the East Coast; I was worried what it would be like planning so many details from afar but Kathy put me completely at... Read More ease with her warmth, professionalism, and anticipation of all needs. My guests had a wonderful time and raved about the space, the food, and the service. Thank you for making a special day truly exquisite!

Webster House Perfection

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Lainey B

I was fortunate enough to have Kathy Done and the Webster House cater my wedding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this group. Everyone we talked with, said this was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Kathy is so easy to work with. She had everything under... Read More control and organized. She acted as my wedding planner to make sure everything was on time and running smoothly. Every single waitress/waiter and bartender was top notch. I am so happy we used Webster House and would recommend them to ANYONE!

Style and Ease

Reviewed on 7/16/2014 Bailey A

The staff at Webster House were highly knowledgeable and helpful, offering the right balance of assistance and freedom for us to tailor the venue to our needs. BEST PART: They cater (amazing) dinner and (delicious) cake, and little decorations are needed for the space. This made... Read More Webster House a nearly one-stop-shop for my reception planning.

Just Amazing

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Caroline L

We actually used the pastry chef from Webster House, Brielle Johnson, independently of Webster House for our wedding cake. She is a longtime friend of my husband and me, and she is a very talented baker. We asked her to make us a main cake using my great grandmother's wedding... Read More cake recipe, which she executed to perfection. She also made two smaller cakes - one was chocolate (this is her recipe that the Webster House adopted for their chocolate cake recipe), and a carrot cake. We asked her to decorate these three cakes in a very rustic way, in which there really wasn't any decoration or piping, just knife strokes through the buttercream. The cakes looked beautiful, but they tasted just unbelievable...in the video of my groom and me feeding each other cake, you should see my eyes light up when I realize that it actually tastes good! Such a rare thing for wedding cake :) We would recommend Brie and the Webster House to anyone for wedding cakes. She has a real gift for developing flavors and is just as caring and courteous as anyone could hope for a wedding vendor to be.