Webster House

Kansas City, MO

Book Your Wedding with Webster House

A HISTORIC VENUE IN KANSAS CITY, MO

Webster House is situated in Kansas City, Missouri, in the city’s Crossroads Arts District next door to Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. The Webster House offers refined wedding receptions and ceremonies in a historical site established in 1885.

This two-story brick building features 19th century architecture with elegantly wrought cornices and stately cupola. The Webster House’s interior exudes a stylishly classic atmosphere with rich wood accents oriental rugs, sparkling chandeliers and turn-of-the-century antique furnishings.

At Webster House, you have the option of having a charming indoor ceremony in the Webster House's ballroom, where sunlight streams through the many windows to sparkle in the chandeliers hanging from high ceilings. Renovated hardwood floors provide a picture-perfect first dance.

For smaller outdoor ceremonies, you have the option of the Webster House's manicured lawn. Flowering bushes and stately trees lend the scenery a rustic edge. The entire area can be tented for a covered ceremony.

You have several options when booking your wedding at the Webster House. The ballroom can be combined with The City View and Liberty rooms to provide space for up to 100 wedding guests or the entire venue can be rented out to host up to 325 people.

The Webster House, both as a restaurant and wedding venue has a celebrated past of pleasing its customers. The Knot awarded Webster House “Best of Weddings” in 2011 and again in 2016. The Webster House is also on the National Register of Historic Places.

Webster House’s award-winning restaurant offers catering featuring local ingredients and diverse, seasonal menus. The chef works with you to plan a menu for your wedding reception. If the Webster House as a location is not to your liking, Webster House also offers off-site catering. Catering services include servers, a bar and bartender and your wedding cake. The bar comes with a wide range of beer, wine, premium liquors and signature cocktails.

Webster House has everything you need to plan your wedding. With access to preferred professionals that it has experience working with, Webster House can coordinate room setup, linens, floral, photography, music and lighting, transportation and lodging for you, easing the stress of juggling different vendors so that you are free to focus on the most important person in your life.

The following are also provided by the Webster House:

• Tables and upholstered chairs
  • Boxwood Centerpieces
  • Silverware, China and Glassware

Webster House is handicap accessible.

Webster House is not only a premiere wedding location, but a hot spot for shopping and dining. Antiques enthusiasts find a wide range of 18th and 19th century American, European and Asian art, accessories and furniture in the area.

In addition to all the previously mentioned amenities, Webster House offers:

• Event manager
  • Decorating
  • Bridal suite
  • Dance floor

For Life's Special Occasions

Events become special when they are set in a unique and memorable atmosphere. Webster House welcomes your guests in the rich surroundings of an exquisitely restored 19th century building. Let us host your event with comfortable elegance and signature style. Our staff will see that your dreams are fulfilled and your wedding will always bring fond memories to mind.

Historic Venue, Restaurant

1644 Wyandotte Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 800-8825

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Sara C

If we could give the Webster House 20 stars we would! Our guests are still raving about how the service was impeccable, and that the food was to die for and how stunning the space was! It was the most flawless evening and we never had to worry about anything. So many of our... Read More married friends told us that we would never eat or drink at our own wedding, well that was NOT the case at the Webster House. Kathy made sure that we got to have every item on our menu and we never went thirsty :) It was seriously the most magical night and we can't wait to have many more celebrations at the Webster House.

2017-11-07T13:12:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sara, working with you and Chase was a dream. Our staff even raved about how nice your guests were. Can't wait to see you both again (soon I hope)!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Amy M

Our NYE reception at the Webster House was fabulous! Kathy Done was exceptional in the planning- was very receptive to new ideas and paid attention to my daughters needs. The inside was exquisitely decorated for Xmas already and the place was lovely W for an evening party... Read More celebration! The food was delicious and the waiters and waitresses, bartenders were top notch. The parking garage was perfect for winter time too! All in all, the Webster House is the best for a celebration of any kind! Thank you Kathy Done for a perfect night from start to finish!

2017-01-12T13:07:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Amy-It was a pleasure working with you all. Loved the midnight balloon drop!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Amy H

There's nothing negative to say about Webster House, except maybe the gorgeous setting caused my friends and family to drink the place dry? I hosted my daughter's wedding for 240 guests and I wish I could do it all over again next week, it was so beautiful, elegant and easy.... Read More Kathy was a breeze to work with from start to finish. She's very responsive to emails, calls, changes, new ideas, new vendors (many places strongly recommend certain vendors and don't really open their arms to new ones...Webster House was great with my new florist). Kathy knows everyone, has worked with everyone and was trained by the best in the business (hats off to the late Marilyn McGilly, KC wedding planner extraordinaire). Plus, she came up with a darling appetizer for our Chicago themed reception, Chicago style hotdogs served out of custom made hawker boxes. They were a HIT, set such a fun tone, and less expensive than passed hors d'oeuvres. Kathy comes up with good money saving ideas but the quality is always outstanding...she never tries to up-sell. I was so proud to be hosting a wedding reception at the historic Webster House! The food is gourmet, beautifully presented and beyond delicious. It's the most impressive and beautiful venue in Kansas City, and Kathy Done's extraordinary planning skills, meant the bride, groom and I just got to show up and enjoy!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Robin M

We hosted our intimate (14 guests) wedding and reception with Kathy and her team at the Webster House. From our first meeting to follow up correspondence the Webster House team has been a pleasure to work with. Our tasting and menu planning afternoon was a lot of fun--Kathy,... Read More the Chef, the bartender and everyone else at the Webster House treated us like royalty. The way we were treated, they way we were celebrated--you would have thought we had a 1,400 person guest list! Kathy was in touch throughout the planning process so by the time our wedding day arrived she had everything under control. I didn't have any bridesmaids but thankfully, I was able to count on Kathy for any little thing I needed. After the ceremony the kitchen and serving staff took amazing care of our family members. They handled dietary needs and other concerns without blinking. The serving team made sure our drinks were always full and they made sure to keep tabs on my bouquet (I kept misplacing the darn thing!) When the night was over a storm had rolled in but the Webster House team braved the pouring rain to help us load up our car! They made our "special day" an enjoyable event! We will cherish the memories!

2017-11-05T22:45:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Robin....such a pleasure working with you and Stan!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Suzanne K

We had a terrific experience at Webster House. Kathy and her staff were very easy to work with. Everything turned out beautifully. I'd highly recommend Webster House to anyone looking for a reception venue. It really met our needs.

2017-10-27T12:42:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Suzanne - We fell in love with your napkin/place cards!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Anna S

I cannot say enough fabulous things about this venue and Kathy Done and her team. Because of her work, my day was effortless and perfect. The food was delicious, the setting perfect, and many of my guests complimented that it was their favorite wedding to date!

2017-10-20T15:34:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Anna - It was our pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 John B

Kathy did a fabulous job. It was excellent in every way. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was exquisite and the service was the very best. We would recommend this venue to all of our friends. Thanks to Kathy for the very best job.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Ken K

The webster house was a great venue for the rehearsal dinner. Handles a group of 50 with no problem. All details and a few special diets were accommodated. It is an upscale banquet format and everyone raved about the food. Very good wine selection with fair prices.

2017-09-30T12:57:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ken and Linda - It was a pleasure working with you both and I hope you will stop in next time you are in K.C. to visit Scott and Erin!

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Liza U

My husband and I got married at Webster House this past July. The essential items for us were a nice ceremony location for our close family and friends (about 50), great food for everyone, and plenty of dancing. The picturesque historic rooms were perfect for our ceremony with... Read More expansive views of downtown Kansas City. The food was spectacular with plated service for all of our guests. Even if you are not getting married just go eat at their restaurant, one of the best meals we have ever had! What particularly impressed us was there efforts to know our style and tastes. They had flexible space with the ability to change over a room quickly if needed. We had to book our entertainment and photographer separately, but they were able to provide some great recommendations. We loved our day at Webster House and as cliche as it may sound it was "perfect" for us!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017

Wonderful enchanted night. We were wowed. The only little surprise came when we sliced into our cake....but delicious anyway! The pastry chef made us a perfect to-order "trial" cake, and she hit it right on the money, so we asked for it specifically! But the pictures show my... Read More face when I cut into it, I said "WHAT"? I kept cutting looking into the middle for the raspberry filling that just wasn't there. But it was ok just not the vision I expected...however, I still give them 5 stars! No one else in KC could have pulled off this at the last minute (a perfectly prepared and tasting grand meal and reception) like Kathy Done. WE Love her! Great staff, also! Superb Venue! I know we will choose them again and again. Thanks, Kathy!

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Katherine W

I cannot say enough good things about the Webster House and Kathy Done! Throughout planning, Kathy is an absolute professional. She was very responsive to any questions and adjusted perfectly to our planning style. She made suggestions whenever we needed them and encouraged our... Read More ideas whenever we had them. And still, somehow, made it all stress-free. The venue itself is stunning. The food is 5-star restaurant quality. And the staff is professional and friendly. I cannot imagine a more perfect reception. I am so thankful that we chose the Webster House. Thank you for such an incredible event and making it so that I could spend every moment celebrating with my new husband, family, and friends. I will cherish these memories for many, many years to come.

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Addie S

We had a brunch reception at The Webster House and everything was spectacular! From the very start, we felt a great connection with Kathy Done and the entire staff at the venue. We absolutely loved the food and personal touches that Kathy coordinated. Our guests continue to rave... Read More about their experience and can't stop talking about the beautiful day!! We love The Webster House!!

2017-07-05T09:33:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Addie - It was such a pleasure meeting and working with you, Aaron and your entire family!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 John C

Outstanding is the rating that truly applies here. The Webster House staff and facilities are first rate. Helpful, responsive, polite, and proactive are words that come to mind. I cannot express how grateful we were to have our wedding there. I HIGHLY recommend this location and... Read More staff for any functions that fit this kind of venue. Kathy and her crew were just superb!! Even more, they made our 1 year anniversary memorable and exceptional.

2017-03-22T14:18:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much John and Janet - It was a great pleasure working with you both! Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Susan P

The Webster House was perfect for our wedding. The setting is gorgeous and intimate - like a wedding at home if home is a beautiful mansion. The food was perfect - each plate was prepared with care and the staff did a wonderful job of making every guest feel special and cared... Read More for without being smothered. Kathy Done pays attention to every detail so you don't have to! And the price was very reasonable - especially considering the quality, service and that it can almost be one stop wedding planning.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Shirley R

My wedding day was perfect. Thank you Kathy Done and Webster House! From the first meeting and overview, to the final hour and every wonderful detail... ---perfect, fabulous, amazing! The Webster House is a beautiful historic brick building downtown by the Kaufmann Performing... Read More Art Center. Location and parking were great. The inside of Webster House was beautiful, warm, inviting, and the perfect environment for my dream holiday wedding. Kathy Done and the entire staff of Webster House were wonderful to work with. I want to live my fabulous wedding day all over again. And I would not change a thing. Thank you!

2017-02-08T12:47:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Shirley-You win the "Happiest Bride" award of the year. We are so glad you were thrilled with everything. We loved working with you and Garrett!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

My husband I had high expectations when looking for a venue for our wedding reception. In exploring options, we were delighted to learn that a past associate of mine, Kathy Done, was the Special Events Sales Manager at Webster House and, if chosen, would be in charge of the... Read More execution of our gathering. Once I learned of Ms. Done being in this role and seeing the banquet facilities at Webster House, I had 100% confidence that our event would be everything we were hoping. We were correct. Not only did Ms. Done work tirelessly and patiently to make sure that all of our requests were met, she exceeded greatly by placing excellent staff at our service for the reception. We were treated royally. The elegant setting of Webster House was an opulent venue that exceeded any expectations we had for our reception to be a wonderful and memorable experience for all of our guests and us. We have subsequently returned to Webster House for dinners and each time we are treated and remembered as honored guests. Ms. Done and Webster House, a distinctive combination, are true assets to anyone who wants to experience a magical dining and entertaining experience in Kansas City.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016

We chose Webster House for our anniversary party and vow renewal. It was fabulous! They made everything so easy! Every aspect of the event from planning to the end of the evening was beautifully, graciously, and professionally handled. The food was delicious. The service... Read More was impeccable and, of course, I don't think there is a more elegant venue in town! It was magical evening!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Meredith H

My wife and I are beyond thrilled with our entire wedding celebration at Webster House. From the moment we contacted Kathy to our wedding toasts, Kathy and her experienced, kind, and welcoming staff made my then finance and myself feel truly like royalty. As a same sex couple we... Read More had visited several other venues in the area and were met with awkward silence and hesitation. However, Kathy, the staff, and chef did not bat an eye. We were welcomed into Webster House as if we long lasting friends and they were as ecstatic as ourselves for our nuptials. Kathy worked with our busy schedules to find time to do our incredible food tasting, which left us feeling like celebrities, and hammered out all the details. On the day, our limo was nearly an hour late for our arrival. But Kathy met us at the door with a welcoming smile, calm hand, and a delicious wine selection which immediately settled my nerves. Our decorations and seating arrangements were perfectly executed. Each step of the celebration was a smooth transition. Webster House and Kathy, thank you for making our wedding celebration what it is supposed to be...special.

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Cindy M

Amazing. Kathy Done and her team were great. From the initial meeting to the tasting and the rehearsal dinner. Professionalism and elegance at its finest. Very reasonably price for such an exquisite venue!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah L

If you haven't considered Webster House for a reception or rehearsal dinner venue, you should! We utilized Webster House for our rehearsal dinner and have nothing but positive comments about our experience. First off, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. It is a very traditional... Read More and elegant building with lots of ornate, classic decor. The room for our rehearsal dinner overlooked the Kauffman Center and the view was just to die for. Next, Kathy was extremely helpful in planning and coordinating - she was almost like a personal wedding coordinator! She was incredibly responsive and brought many things to our attention that we wouldn't have thought of on our own. We provided her with our menu for the day of reception along with some personal likes/dislikes and she put together a tasting menu with their catering chef, Chef Edwin, that was top notch. The tasting itself was incredible! When you go for your tasting, definitely go with an empty stomach - we had leftovers for days! We got to sample 6 different appetizers, 3 different salads, 2 different entrees, and 3 different desserts made by their in-house pastry chef. All of these items were fabulous and it was incredibly tough deciding which items to choose (make sure you try the duck spring rolls). Kathy worked very hard to come up with unique dishes that wouldn't clash with our reception meal all the while keeping a ballpark budget in mind. It was truly a pleasure to work with her from our initial contact to our follow-up after our big day. The evening of our rehearsal dinner was impeccable. All of our guests raved at the dinner (and we have been receiving glowing reviews for a couple weeks now) how our rehearsal dinner was definitely the best meal they had ever eaten at a rehearsal dinner, and one of the best meals they have had in general! We loved every minute of it as well. We had a personal bartender serving beer and wine along with two to three other servers passing appetizers during the cocktail hour. Once we sat down for dinner, the service was spectacular. We have to recognized Gary- he was incredible and made sure our experience was the absolute best! Our glasses were never empty, they had a rush of staff come over to help serve our entrees so no one had to wait, and they were extremely accommodating and almost disappeared to stay out of the way while the toasts were being given. We truly appreciated how attentive and receptive the staff were because they made the evening go without any hitches. We also wanted to give a small shout out to the event coordinator that evening, Heather, for helping us out when we realized earlier in the afternoon the printing vendor messed up our name cards for the reception the following evening and sent us into a panic trying to get them reprinted the day before the wedding. We called up and asked Heather if we could have the reprinted cards delivered to Webster House since we would be at the church rehearsal when they were completed and she was so accommodating and said it was no problem. We cannot think of anything we would've changed or improved and Kathy along with her staff deserve immense praise. In fact, I think they only thing we wished was that our meal selections were on Webster House's regular dinner menu so we can come back and enjoy our fabulous meal whenever we want! We highly recommend Kathy and her staff at Webster House! Thanks for the best rehearsal dinner evening we could've imagined! Sarah & Andrew

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Meg H

The Webster House exceeded my expectations by far! Kathy walked us through the entire process, and made each step fun. She really made my fiance and I feel special. We were so pleased with how everything turned out and are still receiving compliments! The food was delicious and... Read More the atmosphere was perfection. The Webster House has become my (and many of our guest's) favorite venue in Kansas City. Thanks, Kathy!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016

My now husband and I selected Webster House to do our catering for our wedding. We were elated with everything from the creative passed hors d' oeuvres of chicken and waffles with a basil- peach jam and an amazing deviled egg with pancetta, capers and a sweet bbq sauce to the... Read More shrimp and grits accented with pulled short rib, and a wonderful smoked salmon with corn salsa, and who can forget the favorite; bacon maple donuts, plus so much more. We chose Brinner (breakfast for dinner) as our menu. Kathy was so open to the idea and worked very hard to create a menu our guests are still raving about! The staff at Webster House is so friendly and professional. They really have your best interest at heart, and it shows.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016

Great venue for a wedding reception! We just recently had our reception here earlier this month with a cocktail hour followed by a sit down dinner. It was perfect for our small size (around 50 guests) and had just the atmosphere we were looking for. It has so much charm and... Read More character and the food was absolutely delicious. We received so many compliments from guests on both our food and cake (which was beautiful and done in house). They are special event experts and take care of all the details, which makes it very easy. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016

We hosted a celebration dinner at the Webster House following a family wedding at the Pilgrim Chapel. It couldn't have been more perfect! Kathy Done and her staff created a beautiful evening for our son and his new wife. Not a detail was overlooked and the staff was extremely... Read More attentive. From the passed appetizers to the exquisitely designed (and yummy) wedding cake, the food was wonderful! A true test of a fabulous chef is to present a perfectly cooked medium rare filet and tasty salmon to all thirty guests at the same time! A huge thanks to Kathy and the Webster House staff for their attention to detail and for creating a lasting memory for all of us!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Megan R

We live in Dallas, but I'm from Kansas City so we chose KC as our wedding location. After spending three days scouring downtown for reception venues, the historic Webster House became the obvious choice. The food is phenomenal, the location is great (in the shadow of the... Read More Kauffman Center), and Kathy, the event coordinator is a top notch professional. Let's just say she knows what she's doing. Planning a wedding from a distance can be difficult but the process was absolutely seamless because of Kathy and her team. She worked with the band and the florist to make sure everyone was on the same page. I would highly recommend the Webster House for a delicious dinner, and an elegant, fun wedding reception.