Engagement, Trash The Dress

$0-$999

Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Atlanta, PA

Very happy with the DJ, not so much the vendor

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Claire I

Our DJ, Guy Angelo (Sausalito, CA) was absolutely amazing! I would never recommend using Wedding Bug itself as that was a terrible experience. The consultant was very bad at getting back to me to answer questions or update us as the day got closer. However, we were very happy... Read More with Guy!! He was amazing and called us the Monday before our wedding (which was that Saturday) and went through our song lists, how we wanted the music for the ceremony and reception, etc. He picked up on exactly the vibe we were going for and played the perfect songs. The only time we asked him to switch was when a few guests had requested songs- I suggest not allowing your guests do be able to do this, as we had some old timers picking songs no one had heard of, leaving 2 people on the dance floor. However, Guy was great with the transitions and announcing and everything! I would recommend employing him directly rather than through wedding bug.

Good value

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lu W

Similar with photographers through wedding bug, you don't get the contact information until two weeks prior to your wedding date, which is hard for planning and coordinating. I planned my wedding from across the country, so it was difficult trying to coordinate so close to when... Read More I was leaving for everything. I had Bruce, and he did a great job - there were a few miscommunications on what we wanted, but everything turned out well and we had fun dancing.

Budget Friendly, but Take Heed

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Jennifer L

Our original photographer arrangements fell through, and I was worried we wouldn't have a pro. Most typical pro packages were out of our budget. I came across Wedding Bug and decided to take a gamble. Basically, you book your event with them for a set price. You can choose... Read More varying packages determining length, if you want prints/albums, editing etc. We just went with the base package because we can do our own editing, prints and albums. You get the original photo files and full rights to them & you take a survey to clarify your tastes, and they match you with a photographer. The catch? You don't find out who the photographer is until about the week or two before your wedding. This made me nervous, and I didn't really understand it. Basically, Wedding Bug works like Hotwire. You book it, and they find who has availability closer to the event, and are able to get a cheaper rate than their usual because the photographer risks not booking that date (and having work is better than doing nothing). Fortunately, our actual photographer was AMAZING. I was so excited when his name was revealed - I raced to find his site and portfolio and was so excited to see that his work was solid, beautiful, and just what we were looking for. I reached out to him expressing excitement about having him shoot our upcoming wedding - we spoke on the phone to discuss what the event was going to be like and such. We were pretty laid back and didn't have a Pinterest-inspired laundry-list of 4,000 "must-have" pictures, basically let him have creative control, and LOVED the results. We were so happy with him and will write a separate review for him. After the event, your images are available to view through their site within about a week or so. You can view smaller versions of them there and order prints if desired. A few weeks later we received two DVDs with the original, full-resolution photos whose rights were ours. We have since edited, distributed, printed.

Wedding Bug

Reviewed on 9/01/2014 Shayleen J

Wedding Bug is a wedding photography service out of PA, serves nationwide. They connect you with a local photographer, employed by wedding bug, after completing some preference questionnaires and photo albums. I was unsure if I would get what I was looking for but they paired my... Read More husband and I with a fantastic photographer. She was professional and personable. The trade off between the pricing and quality of pictures was great! Comparatively inexpensive and was very happy to get such great quality pictures for such a great price! Thank you Wedding Bug!

DO NOT BOOK THEM!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Teresa R

I would rate this company zero stars if I could. My sister and I booked Wedding Bug for our weddings which were 8 months apart (yes our parents loved it). My sister's wedding was first and the photographer she got arrived at the church frumpy, unkept, and had an unprofessional... Read More attitude. We were too happy and caught up in the wedding itself, we didn't mind her. Until we saw the photos. TERRIBLE! Her equipment was aweful. Every single photo is dark, some are grainy and out of focus, and she did not stage anyone in the photos. My sister was immensely disappointed and upset. When she called the company, they gave her the run around and did nothing for her. I called to cancel them for my wedding but they refused to refund me the $150 deposit. After seeing her photos, my husband and I decided to take the loss in order to hire a better, real photographer. We're happy we did. We went with Dave Issod and he was great. He works with any budget. Ours was below $1000. We were married in mid-May and have only seen 2 samples from him so far but both are excellent. Everything in the shots are centered, focused, and vibrant. He uses a good camera and has quality flashes. Moral of the story- STAY AWAY FROM WEDDING BUG!!!! My husband literally could have taken way nicer photos than what my sister is stuck with and he by no means has a professional camera. I never write reviews but my disgust at this company equals how terrible I feel for my sister who has ruined wedding photos.