Trash The Dress

$0-$1,000

Very happy with the DJ, not so much the vendor

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Claire I

Our DJ, Guy Angelo (Sausalito, CA) was absolutely amazing! I would never recommend using Wedding Bug itself as that was a terrible experience. The consultant was very bad at getting back to me to answer questions or update us as the day got closer. However, we were very happy... Read More with Guy!! He was amazing and called us the Monday before our wedding (which was that Saturday) and went through our song lists, how we wanted the music for the ceremony and reception, etc. He picked up on exactly the vibe we were going for and played the perfect songs. The only time we asked him to switch was when a few guests had requested songs- I suggest not allowing your guests do be able to do this, as we had some old timers picking songs no one had heard of, leaving 2 people on the dance floor. However, Guy was great with the transitions and announcing and everything! I would recommend employing him directly rather than through wedding bug.

Budget Friendly, but Take Heed

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Jennifer L

Our original photographer arrangements fell through, and I was worried we wouldn't have a pro. Most typical pro packages were out of our budget. I came across Wedding Bug and decided to take a gamble. Basically, you book your event with them for a set price. You can choose... Read More varying packages determining length, if you want prints/albums, editing etc. We just went with the base package because we can do our own editing, prints and albums. You get the original photo files and full rights to them & you take a survey to clarify your tastes, and they match you with a photographer. The catch? You don't find out who the photographer is until about the week or two before your wedding. This made me nervous, and I didn't really understand it. Basically, Wedding Bug works like Hotwire. You book it, and they find who has availability closer to the event, and are able to get a cheaper rate than their usual because the photographer risks not booking that date (and having work is better than doing nothing). Fortunately, our actual photographer was AMAZING. I was so excited when his name was revealed - I raced to find his site and portfolio and was so excited to see that his work was solid, beautiful, and just what we were looking for. I reached out to him expressing excitement about having him shoot our upcoming wedding - we spoke on the phone to discuss what the event was going to be like and such. We were pretty laid back and didn't have a Pinterest-inspired laundry-list of 4,000 "must-have" pictures, basically let him have creative control, and LOVED the results. We were so happy with him and will write a separate review for him. After the event, your images are available to view through their site within about a week or so. You can view smaller versions of them there and order prints if desired. A few weeks later we received two DVDs with the original, full-resolution photos whose rights were ours. We have since edited, distributed, printed.

TO Wedding Bug