Wedding Bug

Serving Philadelphia

Photography starting at just $595!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

$0-$999

Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Serving Philadelphia

Best Value in Wedding Photography!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Erika L

Wedding Bug provides wedding photography services for a fraction of the price of local vendors. I was a little nervous knowing I wouldn't meet our assigned photography until the week before, but she turned out great!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Alicia D

We chose Wedding Bug for the Videography for our wedding earlier this month, and I have to say that for the price and service you can't do better! Their rep contacted me a couple of weeks prior to the wedding introducing me to the Videographer for the wedding and letting us know... Read More his experience and style. The videographer then contacted me about a week prior and went over all the shots I wanted to make sure nothing was missed and the plan for the ceremony and reception. Both were very professional and easy to work with. The day of the Videographer showed up early to set up and get everything ready, he got everything we spoke about and my husband and I got a ton of compliments. Highly recommend!

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Michelle L

We had two videographers for the ceremony and then one for the beginning/important parts of the reception----they were GREAT!!!! very nice and personable. They each personally called me about one week before they wedding to ask about any special requests I might have and what... Read More the vibe I was looking for, for our video was. CAN'T WAIT to see the footage!!!

2015-09-30T08:22:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! So pleased to hear that your Videographers took such great care of you. Best wishes from all of us at Wedding Bug!

Great Value!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Gabrielle L

I took a gamble and picked this wedding vendor through their website alone. It was a great value for the money I spent but their service was just as great as if I paid $10000. Overall I really enjoyed the photographer and his willingness to work with us in any capacity. I highly... Read More recommend if you are doing a wedding on a budget as I was.

2015-09-16T09:19:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words- so happy to hear that you loved your photographer and the services provided and that you would recommend us to other brides. That is the biggest compliment of all. Best wishes from all of us at Wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/30/2015 Laura R

During the wedding planning process I debated back and forth about getting a photographer. I didn't want to spend the money but in the end my love for pictures won and I hired Wedding Bug. It was well worth the extra money spent. I worked with Mattea and she was amazing! She... Read More helped me plan out how much time I needed for pictures and came up with a schedule to follow. Two days before the wedding we got a wrench thrown at our wedding day and I called her and we came up with a new plan and she was very helpful. She had so many ideas for poses and she helped organize everyone for pictures very quickly. It said it would take 3-4 weeks to get the DVD with pictures and I got it in 2 weeks. I'm glad I didn't have to wait any longer than that! There were so many good pictures I'm not sure how I'm ever going to get them narrowed down enough to make a scrapbook!

Great personality, great music!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Analisa L

Our DJ was very good! He played the music that we wanted, he had a great mix of music and participation, and he was very lively. The only negative thing I can say is he didn't do the introduction all that well (it wasn't a big deal to me, but it was a little off). He kept the... Read More party going and did a great job.

Great Photographer!! Extremely Personable!!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Kelsey L

So, we had Brandon as our photographer. He was so awesome. When he contacted me 2 weeks before the wedding he wanted to just go over my photos list that I had submitted. We ended up talking on the phone for close to 1.5 hours. We just made conversation and I felt like I'd... Read More already met him by the time the wedding day arrived. Brandon was able to pull in the tradition but also the beauty of candid into modern shots. He is very gifted at what he does. He was fun, he had a great sense of humor, and he wasn't pushy with any shots. He wanted us to just have the best day possible. He was very enjoyable to be around, even our bridal party and our parents noticed it. Brandon was able to show spontaneous shots at the ceremony and reception that will be priceless for the rest of my life and I'm extremely grateful.

Wedding Bug Photography

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Sarah S

Our photographers, Tena and Vanessa were outstanding! They were so accommodating to our last minute changes and captured our special and candid moments. I can't wait to see all of the photos they took!

Good, but nerve wracking for planners

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Lu W

I really liked my photographer, Jim. He was very easy to work with and got us our pictures before we were even back from our honeymoon. Really the only thing that bothered me was waiting to get his name and contact information from the Wedding Bug Service - you won't get that... Read More until two weeks before your wedding. As a huge planner, that was discomforting and not super helpful when trying to plan details for a wedding across the country. I would have preferred having the information sooner, but I guess that's why it is considerably cheaper than other photographers.

You get what you pay for...

Reviewed on 5/13/2015 Barbora H

We chose this photography company due to their low cost. But it's true what they say... you get what you pay for. Most of the pictures are alright, not amazing. Un-edited. And they are difficult to communicate with. If I had a chance to do one thing differently, I would choose a... Read More different photographer.

Wedding Bug ruined my wedding

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 Trish I

I had to give a minimum rating of 1 star, but it's not worth 1. We hired Wedding Bug; they assigned "Roger" to our wedding (at a multi-million dollar family home on Galveston Bay). We purchased the Premium Collection which included a photo album - $150.00. I had multiple... Read More conversations and emails with Roger, very clearly stating the type of photograph's I wanted. The main request was NO CANDID PHOTO's. The majority of the photograph's were CANDID. There was not 1 close up photograph out of 700 of me and my husband. The photo's were taken at a distance and you can't see our faces. I don't have 1 photograph good enough to frame or put on our wall. When we received the disc, we contacted Wedding Bug of our dissatisfaction and advised them we would not be having a photo album made, as there were not any photo's worth putting in an album and we pre-paid for the album and did not receive the item. I am now being informed Wedding Bug does NOT give refunds of any kind. I am being forced to pay for an item I don't have, nor want. Poor business practices and a horrible photographer. This is a once in a life-time event that we can never re-do to get good pictures. It was a beautiful wedding, but unfortunately I don't have the pictures to prove that.

Horrible

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 LINDSAY A

I haven't received my video yet but in my pictures you can see my videographer sitting on the step hanging out. My brother in law yelled at him cause right after the ceremony he went to the bridal suite and started stuffing his face. He was supposed to get good luck messages... Read More from everyone and when we asked if he did he said he didn't bring a microphone. He was very uninterested and rude

Great photography and videography at a fantastic price!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Anna F

Wedding Bug was a great choice for my husband and I. We were especially happy with our photographer, Rick, and his wife who not only gave us great photos but were really helpful before and during the wedding. I'm very pleased with the photos and video we got. It's true, as... Read More another reviewer said, that you don't get to contact the photographers until a week or so before the wedding so if that is a problem for you go with another company.

Convenient

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Heather P

Wedding Bug made our wedding photography efficient and affordable. The payment plan was convenient. Once we were assigned a photographer, he gave us a call to discuss our ceremony and what photos were important for us to have taken. The photos were online in less than a week,... Read More and our DVD arrived in less than 2 weeks. All of the photos look fantastic. My only complaint is that our photographer seemed to take heaps of photos of the same guests, and not enough of others (we didn't get any good photos of my best friend from college at all).

Pleasant Surprise

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Jennifer L

I used Wedding Bug as a photography service and was very pleased with what service I was provided. I worked specifically with Marco B. and he was absolutley wonderful. He was professional and very flexible. I was contacted prior to the event to go over my style an any specific... Read More information he should know about family dynamics, etc. This was very positive and he followed all requests! I was even more shocked to see how quickly our photos were edited and available for us within the week following our wedding! The pictures were both posed and candid which made for a great overall collection of moments!

Good company

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Lori N

I really liked this company. Our contact checked in with us to make sure we any questions were answered, and to let us know about specials they were offering. There was a slight mistake getting our photographs, but the management team quickly resolved it and got us the rest of... Read More our pictures. I wasn't loving our photographer but that is more because he kept waiting for us to give him directions. He was actually on the boat almost an hour and half before us (time we paid for) before he took any pictures. If you know exactly what you want then this would be fine I guess. but the company was good, and I would use them again, I would just request a different photographer.

Reasonably priced, great quality

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Samantha T

We shopped around, and settled on Wedding Bug because of their package pricing. The pictures came out very well, especially for how little we spent. Only thing is, you have to wait until a few weeks before the wedding to find out which photographer they assign to you.

wedding photography

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 melissa a

Our photographer was punctual, professional, extremely talented and a joy to work with. Thank you Saluheday

October wedding

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Faye H

The time and price was what caught my attention. We had a short wedding so we only needed 4-5 hours. The guy seemed nice on the phone but when it came to the day, he was not what I expected. He was not very creative and only had two backgrounds for our pictures. We got married... Read More in a garden with indoor and outdoor areas for pictures. The posed pictures are okay, overall I am pretty sad that I didn't get some pictures that I wanted and use the amazing beautiful background of the gardens.

Great & Creative Photography!

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Kristy C

I must admit, using wedding bug for my wedding, was a huge risk. I didn't know who my photographer would be till two weeks prior to the wedding, so I had to put my complete trust in Wedding Bug. I hoped for the best, and could not be happier with my decision. I took their... Read More style quiz, and was matched with photographer Ty Boyce. We did a 30-minute consultation over the phone, and I met him the day of the wedding. Ty was such a joy to work with, very personable, and extremely on point. He kept everything and everyone in check to make sure that my husband and I got the shots we wanted. He even gave me hair advice over the phone, and helped with my dress the day of (even helping my sister with the bustle). I can honestly say that Ty was more than a photographer...he wore many hats, and all were very much appreciated.

AMAZEBALLS

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Kelli s

SOO. I used Wedding Bug and purchased the photography package for 6 hours of coverage. I was very excited to find such an affordable option. Reading various reviews I grew to be skeptical. I sort of had that "too good to be true" feeling about it. Well, let me tell you how wrong... Read More I was. The photographer we got was so amazing. The site is a little strange because you are dealing with some outside receptionist type person. This is the person you contact up until the week or two before the wedding. The skepticism came from the idea of not knowing who my photographer was until the very end. I am very very impressed with the professionalism my photographer had. She was also very caring, took charge, and made my day extra special. She was accommodating to my every need as well. Overall I had an awesome experience with this company and I definitely recommend them to any bride on a budget, or anyone looking to save some money.

great price, and good value.

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Christopher R

We didn't meet our photographer in person until the day of the wedding, but she was very nice and took a lot of input on what kind of pictures we wanted. But she didn't give us a lot of instruction on poses. Took a lot of candid shots, which we love so its all good. When we got... Read More our digital copies, not all had been edited. And they delivered the copies with shots that were blurry or just not that flattering. But good overall experience.

Cheap but just okay

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Brenda B

We decided to use WeddingBug for our DJ because it was cheaper than the other options we looked at. For those of you who don't know, weddingbug is a third party booking company. You book your date with them and pay them and then like 2 weeks before your wedding they send an... Read More email or something out to all of their DJ's and see who isnt booked yet for your date. So you are guaranteed to have a DJ but you don't get to talk to them until the week before or so. We had talked to them initially about having the DJ set up for the ceremony also (which is 5 feet from the reception location) and were told that we would have to pay for an additional DJ at their minimun price which is for 5 hours. Our ceremony was only 10 minutes, we didn't need that. We talked to them about this twice and both times were given that answer. Then after we finally got to talk to our DJ the week before our wedding he said that that wasn't the case and the would have the head person at wedding bug contact us. He did and he informed us that is the ceremony and reception are at the same venue there is a $125 charge for setting up a second location and then a $120 per hour additional fee for however longer you need them. After hearing what happened he agreed to let us have the second location and an additional 30 minutes for the ceremony for only $60, which was a good compromise. My only other problem was with the DJ himself. He was great at making sure people were dancing and changing the music and mood if need be and he and I were able to discus things and make changes as we needed. The only problem was actually between him and our photographer. Before the speeches the photographer told him she had to run to the bathroom and not to start until she was back...he didn't listen. We didn't know about this until the photographer came up to us after the speeches and told us what happened and said she only got like two pictures of all of the speeches because she was in the bathroom and asked him to wait. I don't know if he just forgot or what happened but we had to keep an eye on it the rest of the night for cake cutting and dances, etc, just to make sure everything went smooth. I think we got what we paid for and that I would use them again. The DJ was great, just some minor issues that we didnt see as being that big. The only major issues were with the weddingbug staff and their lack of knowledge on their own information.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Ashley S

After looking at other photographers, I found Wedding Bug. The price was amazing and I got exactly what I wanted. We were set up with Lance, who called me about a week or two before the wedding to double check where the venue was and what time I wanted him there. He was AMAZING!... Read More He made sure that we got all of the pictures that we wanted and asked if there were any others that we did want. He was very nice and professional. I'm so glad that he was the one who photographed my wedding. Lance is the best. You can't go wrong with him!

A Great Deal

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Nicole L

I used this service for my wedding and saved a lot of money. My photographer contacted me before the date to run through shots and styles I preferred. My photographer was very hands on and was open to suggestions throughout the day. I wish I had certain aspects of my day... Read More photographed but I have other wonderful pictures. I would be very specific about your style and what shots are the most important to you. Otherwise, I am happy with my experience.