Wedding Cake Art and Design Center

Serving the Lansing, Brighton, Ann Arbor, and South East Michigan Areas

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

By Appointment Only, Brighton, MI Serving the Lansing, Brighton, Ann Arbor, and South East Michigan Areas (810) 229-5790

Reviewed on 7/31/2016

I just want to say thank you Cory for making the best cake ever!!! The cake was beautiful!!! Just what we wanted. My guest ate 2 and 3 pieces a piece..lol.. Everyone loved it.. Thank you again... Pamela Fecteau ( Rachel's graduation party, July 30th at Lakeland Country Club in... Read More Brighton.

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

Cory made the cake for my daughters wedding - two weeks before the wedding as the other vendor couldn't do what I wanted. Cory took a look at the picture I sent him and we disussed the cake in detail and came up with a plan that worked. The cake was exquisite and my florist... Read More made it even better by adding flowers. My guests were taking pictures with the cake - it was that beautiful. It truly was a work of art.

Reviewed on 5/04/2015

We had Kory do the cake for my daughter's bridal shower. I first looked at his web site to get ideas and then spoke to him personally. He was very helpful and accommodating and worked with me to get just what I wanted. We opted for a two tiered cake so that we could have two... Read More flavors ( which he does for no extra charge). We went with the white cake with raspberry filling and the Night and Day. Both were excellent, but being a chocolate lover I was partial to the Night and Day. It was nice being able to offer options to our guests and they all commented on how delicious it was. The buttercream frosting was exceptional and not the overly sweet type you get on cheaper cakes. The design of the cake was stunning and even more beautiful than I expected. This is not your typical bakery cake and is a little more expensive, but it was worth every penny. If you have a special occasion that you want a truly special cake for, then this is the place to go! If she wasn't getting married in Chicago we'd be getting her wedding cake here as well!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Erin H

My wedding cake was delicious and beautiful!! We used two different flavors and had 3 tiers. Everyone complimented how much they loved the cake. My take turned out just how I wanted it and they were very very nice and helpful.

Excellent Cake

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Mallory D

Our wedding cake was everything we could have hoped for! We got several compliments on it and it was delicious! I would highly recommend Wedding Cake Art and Design Center to anyone looking for a cake for a special occasion!

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014

I can not say enough about how amazing my wedding cake was. We chose to have 2 different flavors and boy were they amazing. We had a large wedding and had a 5 tier cake and there were about 10 pieces left at the end of the night !!! This is the best cake I have ever had!!!!

Beautiful and delicious!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 erica m

Kory did a wonderful job on our cake and it was delicious. We did 2 flavors and many guests tried both(I sure did). He was easy to work with, showed him a picture of what I was looking for and the results were outstanding.

Best Buttercream Frosting! Hands Down!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Megan Z

We met with Kory and he was so helpful with designing our cake and giving us ideas and pictures of other ones that he did. He was very patient and completely honored my request of extra butter cream frosting! When my husband and I arrived at the reception the cake was even... Read More better than we could have imagined. Plus everyone is still talking about how delicious the cake was! You cannot go wrong with having a cake done by Kory! Look no further than Kory!

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Ashley C

Meeting with Kory went very smoothly, he was able to pick up perfectly on everything that we wanted from the cake. When I first saw the cake at the wedding reception, it was gorgeous and completely took my breath away! The cake looked like something out of a magazine. It only... Read More got better when I got to taste the cake. I knew I loved our flavors from the tasting, but they were even better the wedding day. We had several people come up to us and say that this was the best cake they'd ever tasted. Not just wedding cake, but the best cake ever! And it truly was. Getting Kory to make my cake was one of the best decisions I made when I was wedding planning and I couldn't be happier with the result!

Great cake!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Jennifer

Kory did a fabulous job on our wedding cake. Everything was as promised and even better, the style and flavors were as we had discussed and I had no worries working with him. We got many rave reviews from our guests on how good the cake tasted. I would recommend Kory to my... Read More family and friends!

Absolutely Perfect Cake!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Alexandra v

I came to Kory about 20 days from my wedding date. He was extremely helpful and understanding with my situation (last minute change of plans left me without a wedding cake and panicking!). We discussed everything in great detail over the phone and email, and he reassured me what... Read More I wanted was possible, and - even better - within my price range. Well, the day came, and I was so happy! He created the wedding cake of my dreams, exactly the same as the picture I gave him of a cake I had seen on Pinterest; it was like he just pulled it straight out of the picture. Even the color of the cake was perfectly matching my mint green theme. Everyone loved the taste - I picked lemon cream and night and day (vanilla and chocolate) - and still I am getting compliments on how beautiful it was. I had a birdcage cake, it looked just like one! Thank you so much Wedding Cake Art and Design Center, you made my wedding cake absolutely perfect!!! :) - Alexandra Belanger

Best Cake Ever

Reviewed on 10/04/2014 Michellena B

I absolutely loved my cake. It was exactly what I wanted. I was a last minute bride but I was still able to get the best cake ever even when I put the order in a little over a month until my wedding. It was delivered on time, set up beautifully and was as delicious as I... Read More imagined. My plan is to order a small cake on next anniversary and eat it again! The service was great, delivery great, quality great. I'd highly recommend this service!

Best Cake, EVER!

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Jenny A

Our wedding cake was the tastiest cake ever! If you are planning a wedding, you must try these cakes, they are delicious! We also asked for a special design (with locks and keys) and they totally delivered! We were so very happy we found this Baker!

Best cake ever--and great service!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Sara D

Kory was wonderful to work with--he was one of the only vendors we had (most of the equipment, food, etc. came from family) and he made the experience absolutely stress-free. He met with us to go over options, was very up-front about price choices, and then was very flexible as... Read More we made changes in the weeks leading up to the wedding. We were planning the wedding from out of state, so it was so helpful to have his quick email responses (despite working full-time as a firefighter!). He delivered right on time and assembled the cake without a hitch. On top of all of that, the cake was the best cake we've ever had, and many of our guests thought so, too. There was almost none left over. We can't recommend him highly enough!

Best Tasting Cake EVER

Reviewed on 2/07/2014 Julie S

I found this baker at a bridal show giving out samples. I was with my mom and sister. We all went back about 1/2 dozen times to get more samples and I knew I'd found the yummiest possible cake. As a bonus, his cakes are gorgeous and he worked with me for a design that totally... Read More fit our personalities but what really won me over was the taste. Not super sweet, creamy, moist - FANTASTIC!!! I can't recommend them enough.

A Joke

Reviewed on 10/15/2013 Shauna M

Was the cake great? absolutely! Service? not so much. We drove 2 hours to a tasting that they cancelled. The next time, they only had two flavors for us to taste (chocolate and white!) If we wanted to try the other flavors on the menu, we had to buy small cakes in that... Read More flavor. I sent pictures of some cakes that I liked and asked them to design something similar. The baker didn't understand what I meant, so I finally compromised for a cake in a picture and said to make it exactly like that cake. Do you think my cake looked like that on the wedding day? NOPE. How hard is it to copy a picture? Don't call yourself a design center if you cant even do that. Not to mention, they were 3 times more expensive than any other baker we looked at!

Very very good

Reviewed on 10/10/2013 Bailey S

I had my shower cake and wedding cheesecakes from here and loved them both. He is very good, easy to work with and can do whatever you want on a cake.

Amazing cake!

Reviewed on 6/03/2013 Jaime B

I make a pretty great cake myself and had planned to make y own wedding cake. My now-husband convinced me to at least look at having someone else do the cake. When I found that Wedding Cake A&D was a home-based business run by a firefighter I was surprised and admittedly, a... Read More little skeptical. Until he showed me his work. Absolutely amazing! Beautiful fondant work, clever designs, and delicious cake. He worked with us to go off-menu and make my husband's favorite vanilla orange cake, and the chocolate raspberry was to die for. On the day, our cake was every bit as gorgeous as the ones in his look book. Looking forward to our first anniversary cake! Very pleased with and would highly recommend Wedding Cake Art ad Design!

Beautifullly Yummy Cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2012 Dana N

Wedding cakes are known to be beautiful... but a lot of them lack in the taste department... These cakes are NOT like that! They are delicious AND beautiful! Highly recommend!

Good Customer Service

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Courtney M

They provided my wedding cake and groom's cake, which both tasted amazing. The cakes were beautiful! I thought that I would be getting more flavors than I did (got 1 in the grooms cake and 1 in the wedding cake) and was also disappointed that I didn't get the chocolate that I... Read More requested. They offered to make me a new cake after the wedding in chocolate just so we could have the chocolate cake we wanted. Really appreciate the service and taking care of customers.

Good cake, great design!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Christine A

I had an idea for a custom designed wedding cake, and the cake maker executed it wonderfully. Great design, great tasting cake, and great service all at a good price.

YUMMMM

Reviewed on 5/10/2012 Angela K

cake tasted amazing and was exactly how I wanted.

So Original

Reviewed on 2/07/2012 Jamie C

I took a picture of what I was looking for to go with my theme. They did such a fantastic job with exceeding my expectations.

The best cake ever!

Reviewed on 11/11/2011 Amanda J

I used the wedding cake art and design center as my wedding cake vendor and that was such a good choice! From the beginning Kory was amazing, showing us all of the options and was so patient with us! The cake was amazing, and looked so good on our wedding day!

Pretty, but dry

Reviewed on 10/18/2010 Michelle W

The cake was very pretty, but tasted ok...not bad, not great. The great part was the deal we got with the cake and DJ, thru Crystal Gardens.