Wedding Ceremonies by Scott F. Raper

Springfield, Peoria, Champaign, and Bloomington, Illinois

Custom Wedding Ceremonies and Music Services

Your wedding ceremony should be a part of your wedding celebration. Whether you are beginning your day with the ceremony or placing it in the middle of the schedule; the ceremony should be a true representation of who you are as a couple. When you decide to bring me on board as your creative partner for your wedding ceremony, I will work with you to custom write and design the perfect ceremony that incorporates everything you value, desire, and deserve to have in your wedding ceremony. In addition to working with you to create the ceremony of your dreams, I also provide professional music and sound services specifically for your wedding ceremony. I am also a certified professional life coach and can assist with relationship and personal/professional development coaching.

Newlywed Life, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

1617 S. Spring Street, Springfield, IL Springfield, Peoria, Champaign, and Bloomington, Illinois (217) 556-9822

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Meghan S

We could not have been happier having Scott officiate our wedding. He spent a lot of time working back and forth with us to get the details he needed in order to personalize our ceremony and make it perfect for us. Several of our guests said his words reflected exactly who we... Read More were as a couple and that it was one of the best ceremonies they had attended. We can't recommend Scott highly enough!

2017-09-12T13:41:37 Response from the vendor

This was a wonderful wedding celebration, in the very spot where your love story began and I was honored to be the one to marry you.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jessica B

I can not rave enough on what a wonderful job Scott did! A month later and wedding guests are still commenting on what a beautiful ceremony he performed. We loved that he got to know us and created our own personal ceremony that reflected everything we are. Thank you thank you... Read More thank you!

2017-09-12T13:40:28 Response from the vendor

I enjoyed being a part of your special day and thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Natasha B

Scott made our wedding perfect! Upon meeting with him initially, we walked out knowing he was a perfect fit for us. He was so quick to respond during the whole process. He is the definition of professional. We had a small family wedding with a Cinderella theme. He incorporated... Read More everything important to us from my husband's children to my cat. After the ceremony he even helped pick things up around the ceremony site. Way over and beyond our expectations! We could go on and on about how wonderful Scott was to work with. I highly recommend him. He is such a wonderful man and truly cares about the couples he is marrying. Thank you again, Scott, for making our wedding absolutely perfect!

2017-09-12T13:43:16 Response from the vendor

It was a fantastic celebration from the beautiful botanical garden to the magical sounds of the Carillon, the perfect intimate celebration for an amazing couple!

Reviewed on 2/21/2018 Chitaia A

We cannot express just how happy we were with Scott’s services!!!! He worked with me and was flexible when I was being indecisive. My husband and I highly recommend booking him! He is such a kind man who truly makes your day the best it could possibly be.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Susan B

Many of our wedding guests commented on how personable and beautiful our wedding ceremony was, Scott made our ceremony the most special and intimate part of our day so perfect and smooth! From our initial meeting with Scott, we knew right away we wanted him to be our officiant.... Read More He made sure he understood us as a couple, what type of ceremony we wanted, and all the love story details about us. The way he spoke about us on our wedding day, some thought we had known Scott for years! His music system was perfect, allowing us to choose the songs we wanted our guests to hear before, during and after the ceremony. He helped us at our rehearsal to make sure we all knew what we were doing, and throughout the entire process of him personally writing our ceremony, my groom and I were stress-free because we knew Scott would take care of it. I can honestly say that our wedding couldn't have been any better because of Scott. Highly recommend him if you're a bride/groom searching for the right officiant!! - Susan Cain

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lauren C

Scott was great to work with throughout our entire planning process. He was always professional, polite, and well organized. He was also incredibly patient through my multiple requests! We received so many compliments from friends and family after our ceremony about Scott. We... Read More would definitely recommend him to other couples searching for an officiant!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Kara D

My husband and I highly recommend Scott. He is very professional and organized. Scott has a great personality and is easy going. The whole process was very smooth.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Misti C

Rev. Scott gave us the most magical and memorable ceremony — better than we could have hoped! He took our Friday the 13th/Halloween theme to heart and gave us an amazing performance and ceremony tailor fitted just for us. We absolutely recommend Rev. Scott above anyone else!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Alexander B

My new wife and I could not have made a better choice than to have Scott as our officiant. He worked with us to plan the perfect ceremony and everything went off as well as he said it would. He is the picture of professionalism and truly cares about his clients. The ceremony... Read More was the perfect mix of whimsy and serious. He will go the extra mile to make your day the best one you can imagine.

2017-10-20T22:01:52 Response from the vendor

It was a wonderful celebration and it was a true honor to be able to participate in your wedding celebration.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Taylor S

Scott did beyond an amazing job on our ceremony. He took our story and weaved it into a beautiful ceremony that everyone raved about. If you are looking for a personal and intimate ceremony that is all about you and your groom Scott is the officiant you want!

2017-09-12T13:39:23 Response from the vendor

It was a wonderful wedding celebration and it was an honor to be a part of your special day. Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback.

Reviewed on 3/17/2017 Nicole H

We had the pleasure of working with Scott for our wedding ceremony. He was a very attentive, professional, and enthusiastic officiant before and during our ceremony. He spent so much extra personal time preparing for our wedding since he was also operating the music during the... Read More ceremony. He truly made our love story come alive during the ceremony and I continue to receive compliments on the extraordinary ceremony. Many guests have mentioned it was the best and most intiment wedding ceremony they have ever attended. Scott's prices were more than reasonable for the amount and quality of work! We are ecstatic that we chose Scott to perform our ceremony and couldn't be happier with the outcome!! I wish I could rate him higher than a 5!!

2017-03-25T13:53:55 Response from the vendor

It was a wonderful wedding celebration! I appreciate all the kind words.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Emily B

Rev. Scott did a WONDERFUL job on our wedding ceremony! I got so many compliments afterwards about how lovely our ceremony was and what a great job he did. He is extremely creative, and he really customized our ceremony to fit our personality and relationship. He is also very... Read More good at communicating quickly. I'm so happy that he married us, and would HIGHLY recommend him as a wedding officiant!

2016-10-17T13:22:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. You could not have asked for a better afternoon to host an outdoor fall wedding. I am happy that I was able to deliver a ceremony experience that had your guests talking.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Courtney K

Scott was more than we could have asked for, in helping to make our wedding day the best possible! He was great at communication, easy to work with, and kind. Thank you, Scott!!

2016-10-17T13:20:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy that I was able to deliver the ceremony experience you expected and deserved.

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Corinne P

Rev. Scott was amazing!! He drafted our ceremony to fit us perfectly, from taking our likes and dislkes into account, but also providing tons of options in terms of ceremony components. He was extremely organized, even when I wasn't (wedding brain) and ensured that our ceremony... Read More went flawlessly! I would highly recommend him, especially for couples who are less traditional but don't know where to start. His collection of readings and vow options were outstanding!

2016-05-13T20:19:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. I am happy I was able to deliver a superior ceremony experience for you and create a lasting memory for all those in attendance.

Scott F. Raper, MBA, CPLC

2017 marks my third year of performing wedding ceremonies on a full time basis. I have discovered that I have a real passionate and talent for creating and delivering the perfect ceremony for my clients wedding day. I proudly reside in Springfield, Illinois where I also work at Benedictine University as the student advocate for adult programs. In June of 2017 I completed my MBA and am currently working as an adjunct business instructor at Lincoln College in Lincoln, Illinois. I love spending time with my family - my wife Traci, my daughters Alexus and Natalie, and my son, Dax.