Wedding Pastor Ed

Serving Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.

Here to Make Your BIG day BEAUTIFUL and FUN!

Let me help you create a beautiful ceremony that you will always remember, uniquely designed to fit who you are as a couple. I am friendly, professional, caring, experienced, ordained, creative and fun! Check out my website! Pre-marital counseling and post-wedding coaching are also available.

Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Christian

Newlywed Life, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony

18000 Chatterly Terrace, Germantown, MD Serving Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. (240) 751-2550

Amazing Wedding Officiant!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Grace S

Pastor Ed played a crucial role in my development as a youth, and I had planned for years to ask him to officiate at our wedding. He is one of the most genuine, thoughtful individuals that I know. He set aside several meetings to discuss what kind of format we would like for our... Read More wedding, and even provided us with ceremony templates from which we could choose from -- ranging from types of wedding vows, to placement of musical pieces. This was particularly helpful since we had no idea where to start with the ceremony planning. He also had us meet with him beforehand to discuss our families and backgrounds, to delve into how our prior experiences could play a role in our future expectations of a spouse/family. Overall, he is an extremely personable individual that goes above and beyond to help you prepare for your big day. He is humorous, gregarious, and very much experienced in wedding preparations. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who was looking for an officiant!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Allison O

Pastor Ed is a pleasure to work with! He is so positive and made our wedding ceremony a delight. He is clear in his direction and made the planning process easy and stress free. All of my guests thought he was wonderful and well spoken. I highly recommend Pastor Ed for any... Read More ceremony you are planning. He is extremely flexible and will make your day special and personalized.

2017-07-02T21:32:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Allison! Your wedding was so much fun. Blessings as you and Dalton transition into married life!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Claire S

Pastor Ed helped us to put together such an amazing and memorable ceremony! He provided a wealth of information, suggestions, and options (even conveniently categorized on a sliding scale of non-religious to religious). We didn't have to do any outside research and actually... Read More edited together a ceremony, all through Google Docs, with his many sample passages (although he certainly would let you bring your own material if you were feeling adventurous!). The process was so easy and painless, and it was one of the more stress-free parts of the wedding to plan. Pastor Ed is available to help if you need it (and super responsive - something every bride-to-be can't value enough!) but hands off enough that you can make it your own as much as you want. Truly, it was a relief to let him take the reins - he even made a very shy group of people comfortable enough during the rehearsal to make the big day go smoothly. Our ceremony felt personal and personable, and Pastor Ed added warmth and personality to it. From our first meeting, we knew that we would want to work with Pastor Ed for our big day, and looking back, it is obvious that was the right decision!

2017-06-22T06:00:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. Every wedding is so special and personal. Working with you guys and your families was such a blessing, and your ceremony was stunning! I love seeing the pictures too! Blessings as you go down this adventurous road... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Gracie B

Pastor Ed was absolutely wonderful. We had a couple premarital counseling sessions (completely optional) and really got to know how wonderful Ed is. The ceremony was personal, sweet, and all of our guests loved Pastor Ed. We highly recommend Pastor Ed!!!

2017-06-19T06:22:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Gracie! You and Andrew were amazing to work with.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Didi W

We are very thankful for Pastor Ed leading a beautiful ceremony. It was exactly as we had imagined it. Part of it went by dreamlike, but we will always remember how everything felt so right - exciting, happy, emotional, and comfortable at the same time. All guests agreed that... Read More Pastor Ed was very professional and was able to create a relaxed atmosphere. He was also very responsive and creative during the preparation. Thanks for the amazing day!

2017-05-31T06:28:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! Hearing your generous words means so much. Your wedding was amazing and I hope we stay in touch for years to come.

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 Daysi C

Look no further, hire Pastor Ed Choy! From the moment that we met him, we knew he was the one that would make our ceremony very special! Pastor Ed. Is amazing to work with! He is so easy going, replies promptly and is flexible. He will go out of his way to make sure that your... Read More day is special and exactly how you want it to be. We received so many compliments about our wedding ceremony on December 2016. We are so glad he led the rehearsal the day before, he is organized and is very knowledgeable! His positive energy is exactly what you are looking for!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Rachel M

Pastor Erik was delightful. We knew right away he was a special officiant. He prepared such a wonderful ceremony with humor, candor, and spirit. Our families and friends of different religious upbringings all commented on Erik's homily as well as time spent with him and his... Read More wife the evening of our rehearsal dinner. We were blessed to have him be a part of our wedding and can't fathom having had anyone else.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Adeline F

Pastor Erikson was very nice and kind. He was easy to work with especially when it came to making last minute adjustments. He was very understanding and there supporting us on our very special day every step of the way. He took time to understand us as a family and tailored our... Read More occasion to support our needs. He stayed calm, reassuring and optimistic. He interacted with our friends and family like they were his own. The ceremony was spirit filled and well orchestrated. I highly recommend him to perform anyone's ceremony. He helped make our day unique and unforgettable. Praise the lord. We could not ask for more!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Elaine E

Ed was an amazing officiant for us. He was very easy to talk to and helped us customize our ceremony so that it was highly personalized and reflective of us. He's a great speaker too, so our guests really enjoyed the ceremony!

2016-12-01T14:20:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words Elaine! Your wedding was fabulous, what a gorgeous day and venue!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Lauren T

Pastor Ed was EXACTLY what we were looking for in a wedding officiant! We met with him for two premarital counseling sessions in the months leading up to our wedding, and we were able to completely customize our wedding ceremony to fit our style. We learned a lot from working... Read More with him and would highly recommend to anyone looking for an officiant and/or counseling!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 E W

I couldn't be more happy with the experience we had with Pastor Ed. He is a passionate and caring officiant who brought a positive and outgoing attitude to every situation. Throughout the process, he was always available to offer advice and was instrumental in developing a... Read More personalized ceremony that was aligned with me and my husbands mixed religions and personalities. He was flexible, attentive, professional and yet, a lot of fun! In comparison with the other officiants we were considering, he brought a fresh approach and was solely concerned about delivering a ceremony that was exactly how we envisioned it. I would recommend Pastor Ed to anyone looking for an officiant and am so fortunate we found him for our special day!!

2016-10-18T07:03:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your gracious and kind words! You set a record for me with the biggest wedding party! It was such a beautiful and fun wedding for a gorgeous couple!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 E W

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Chris W

Pastor Ed was excellent! He took time to meet with us and provided valuable guidance on the ceremony. His help with the rehearsal was great and made everyone feel comfortable and ready for the next day. Highly recommend Pastor Ed.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Jessica F

Pastor Ed is an experienced and thoughtful officiant who helped us create a ceremony that was unique and reflective of our unique values. Coming from families from two separate religious backgrounds, my husband and I wanted an officiant who would help us celebrate who we are as... Read More a couple and the joining of two unique families -- Pastor Ed did that and more! From the beginning, Pastor Ed was highly responsive, helpful, and extremely organized, thinking through every detail so that the ceremony ran seamlessly on the day-of. We highly recommend Pastor Ed to officiate any wedding ceremony -- everything was perfect!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

My now husband found Pastor Ed on The Knot. We made the best choice out there! My husband is not religious, but I am. We explained to Pastor Ed that we wanted to meet in the middle and he listened, our short, sweet, semi-religious ceremony was loved by our guests. It drizzled... Read More during our ceremony, at our outdoor wedding, yet Pastor Ed made light of it by cracking jokes, by making everyone forget the drizzle. He was sweet, punctual, and made our day so special. He made it so personal and we are so happy we will have Pastor Ed in our memories forever!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Lauren B

We worked with Ed during the ceremony planning and premarital counseling part of our wedding. He was extremely easy to work with and made us feel comfortable right away. We actually had one of the fellow pastors from his church, Rod Bender, do our ceremony. Rod was amazing. He... Read More worked with us to create the perfect ceremony and kept us laughing along the way! The actual ceremony was wonderful and I'm so happy Rod was part of our big day! I would highly recommend Rod for anyone in need of a wedding pastor!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Jason W

From the moment my wife and I met Pastor Ed, we knew he would be the one to marry us. We felt so comfortable and relaxed as Pastor Ed got to know us on a deeper level. Trust me, this was a luxury as I can tell you, planning a wedding can be a stressful time. Yet, there are other... Read More reasons we chose Pastor Ed. He is so flexible and was willing to do just about anything to make our day special and personalized. He also created great relationships with our families and friends. His ability to remember tiny details about each person he encounters is phenomenal. Pastor Ed is a great guy, and I am very happy he was a part of my wife and I's special day.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Kiron M

My husband and I used Pastor Ed Choy as both our ceremony officiant and our premarital advisor. We can’t say enough great things about Pastor Ed and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant. (1) Premarital Counseling – Our premarital counseling... Read More sessions were excellent. My husband really wanted to have premarital counseling, but I was initially skeptical. However, Pastor Ed was a great listener. Our homework assignments between sessions identified potential areas of personality conflict and how to resolve any conflict. Also, Pastor Ed is very tech savvy. Although my husband and I were in DC, we were able to effectively do all the sessions over Skype. (2) Wedding Officiant – We had an Indian fusion wedding ceremony and Pastor Ed did a great job. He carefully worked with us weeks before the ceremony to make sure everything was perfect. He had excellent insight into intercultural ceremonies. He took our feedback and incorporated it into a beautiful ceremony. On the wedding day, he was amazing. He is very prompt and reliable. He also speaks calmly, clearly, and confidently and was right on point with the ceremony. My husband and I would highly recommend Pastor Ed as a wedding officiant. Through this process, we have not only been able to call him our Pastor, but also our friend.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Megan K

Pastor Ed was great! He gave us some great starting points and let us run from there on creating the perfect ceremony for us as a couple. There was the right balance of Catholicism for me and non-religious for my husband. We were not the easiest couple to work with in that my... Read More husbands work schedule is crazy. Ed though completely worked with us and even had our initial skype call right after the Christmas holidays at about 8 o'clock at night so Greg could make it. Ed was professional and really go the relaxed vibe we were going for. My family loved him at the rehearsal dinner as he didn't make it formal but instead made everyone super comfortable. I would highly recommend Ed! Couldn't have imagined our day without him.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Alexis G

Pastor Ed did a wonderful job at our wedding ceremony! We met with him and decided to also sign up for the premarital counseling which was very helpful and an affordable package. He was always there to answer questions and help guide us through personalizing our ceremony.... Read More Unfortunately, our ceremony was cut short because of the rain, but he made a seamless transition and no one even noticed. He is friendly, personable, and makes you feel very comfortable! Would definitely recommend Pastor Ed - you will not be dissapointed!

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Meghan H

Ed was an amazing addition to our wedding! We cannot begin to describe how thankful we are to have found him. We were nervous about finding an officiant that balanced the ritual and ceremony of a wedding with fun. After our first meeting with Ed, we knew he was exactly the... Read More person we wanted to marry us! Besides his overall fun and easy to talk to demeanor, he seemed genuinely happy to be marrying us. That’s a very important distinction and was largely the reason we cancelled all of our future appointments and booked him on the spot. To help show you how great Ed was/is, here is a little story: A week or so before the wedding I may or may not have been freaking out a little bit... But as soon as we spoke with Ed to finalize details of the rehearsal and ceremony he helped put everything into perspective and we felt so much better! Having a go-to person who’s done this before is a necessity for a new bride, as I’m the first of my friends to get married and really had no idea what to expect. He is very experienced and has great advice. He made sure that we were able to enjoy our wedding, take a breath and pause to enjoy each moment. Our ceremony was beautiful. Ed made us laugh, especially when I couldn’t help but cry. It was the best day, and it began without a hitch largely due to Ed! Oh and it’s important to mention that he literally saved our honeymoon! Sitting in the Charlotte airport, we realized that a copy of our marriage certificate was required as proof for the honeymoon package at our resort. After a quick text to Ed, he sent us a picture right away and problem solved! We are so grateful that Ed was a part of our wedding!

Amazing.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

So many words about Ed Choy. Young. Helpful. Fun. Flexible. Awesome. Personable. Efficient. Everyone loved him, especially wife & I. On short notice after losing our original officiant a month before the wedding via Skype , emails, and a coffee meeting he was able to give us... Read More a wedding ceremony we always dreamed about. Highly recommended.

Wonderful Ceremony with Pastor Ed!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Gayle H

We are so blessed to have found Pastor Ed!! He was the perfect officiant for our wedding-- my husband and I are both from out of state, now living in the DC area. We're Catholic, but wanted to have an outdoor ceremony, so we were faced with the challenge of trying to find an... Read More officiant (not the easiest task, especially if you pictured your wedding ceremony to be this beautiful, meaningful experience full of personalized touches). We came across Pastor Ed on The Knot and contacted him to set up a meeting to see if we were a good fit-- we were so happy to discover that he was exactly the right type of person to be able to pull off the ceremony that we had envisioned. He has a warm, easygoing personality and takes the time to get to know you as a couple and truly figure out what you want for your wedding. We didn't feel like a number in a long, monotonous line of other weddings, we felt like we were meeting a new friend. We really appreciated that he allowed us the flexibility to put together a ceremony that reflected us as a couple. He has a great sense of humor, which was important to us, and helped make our ceremony a fun, unique event. I honestly can't imagine our wedding without Pastor Ed! We had a great time at our ceremony, it was my favorite part of the entire day :) Without hesitation, we would definitely recommend him to other couples looking for an officiant.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Kristy S

Pastor Ed was everything we wanted in a wedding officiant! He was easy to talk to, open to anything we wanted to change or create for our ceremony, and is a truly genuine person. He down to earth and friendly personality really helped ease our anxiety the day of and our entire... Read More wedding party and families loved him. I would definitely recommend him to anyone in need of a pastor for their special day. Thank you!!!

We loved working with Pastor Ed!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Kelly V

From the very first time we sent him an email to inquire about his services, he has always been so prompt to get back to us with good information and suggestions. And we immediately knew we had to have him after we met in person. He never pushed us to go with all the silly... Read More things other officiants offer just to jack up their rates. He is honest, engaging, and knows what he is talking about. He gave us an outline and samples so we can personalize our ceremony and he provided additions or tweaks as we were shooting for a 15-20 minute ceremony. He followed up on us to make sure we were ok (those who plan their own wedding know that there is so much to take care of, that it's a peace of mind to know that your officiant is on top of things). The rehearsal and ceremony were beautiful. Pastor Ed has a good tone of voice, he is charismatic, and has good command of the situation. I will recommend Pastor Ed to everyone I know. He is simply great!

Ed Choy

I'm Pastor Ed, but please just call me Ed. On May 26 2001 I married my college sweetheart Laura, and we're blessed with 4 kids (yes, our home is crazy!) Our wedding experience fuels my passion for serving couples, as we had an incredible officiant and coordinator. I am also passion about serving couples who do not have a church home. I started Wedding Pastor Ed in 2014, averaging 30+ weddings a year. Your wedding is about your story and your values. I work hard to unpack that, making couples feel comfortable and even laugh during their big day.