Weddings at Norwich Inn

Norwich, CT

Book Your Wedding with Weddings at Norwich Inn

A BALLROOM IN NORWICH, CT

The Grand Ball Room is the perfect reception site for large parties. This room can seat 250 people and has a patio connected that makes for elegant evening cocktail hours. There is also a fireplace for ambiance and the conservatory is only steps away from the patio and seats 75 for a more intimate ceremony and reception.

The Norwich Inn has event planners and a chef onsite to help you plan the wedding of your dreams. There are many packages to choose from, but you can add certain enhancements to make your day uniquely yours. The Norwich Inn even offers a special package for couples that are eloping and starting their honeymoon off at the Spa. Each package offers:

• a one-hour cocktail open bar reception and plenty of menu items to choose from for hors d’oeuvres, dinners and dessert
  • Overnight guest room for bride and groom
  • Personal event planner
  • Candles for the tables
  • Choice of linens and napkins
  • A customized traditional wedding cake

For additional fees, there are several enhancements that couples can choose as well including:

• Chair covers and sashes
  • Viennese dessert table
  • Pastry table
  • Chocolate-covered strawberries
  • Wine table service
  • Specialty cookies

Discounts are offered on other wedding events hosted at the Norwich Inn, such as rehearsal dinners, bridal showers and brunches.

• Each package includes a Swedish massage for the couple with additional upgrades available
  • Valet parking is available for all guests
  • There is a golf course only one mile from the property

The Consummate New England Country Inn

Welcome to Weddings at Norwich Inn, one of New England's finest wedding destinations.Our Georgian Colonial Manor, with it's red brick façade, is at once elegant and welcoming. Surrounding you is a landscape of manicured lawns, reflecting pools with fountains, courtyards and cozy hiding places nestled within the woodland. Inside, you will find our elegant Grand Ballroom and several other unique function rooms, (3) with wood-burning fireplaces and a cozy Country Cottage adjacent to the historic Inn. Special occasions have found a home here for decades as couples begin their lives together, vows are renewed and memories are created; where special events and life's milestones have been celebrated for years. Come share with us your vision, and together we will create a wedding to remember.

Elopement, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering

607 West Thames Street, Norwich, CT (860) 425-3686
INSTAGRAM

Beyond impressed

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Carol S

We were beyond impressed with Norwich Inn. Michele Strobel is amazingly helpful and attentive to anything you could want or need. The venue is absolutely beautiful and well maintained. We held our ceremony in the spa gardens, cocktail hour on the patio, and reception in the air... Read More conditioned indoor ballroom. Everything was perfect and they really go out of their way to make sure it is as stress-free as possible. On the day of the wedding we had a number of staff members there to help and make sure we had everything we needed throughout the day. Norwich Inn takes care of the food and cake and we were not disappointed. Not only was it easier than searching for a caterer, but we honestly think it was the best food we've ever had at a wedding and our cake was delicious. (And we've been to a lot of weddings.) Even our guests raved about the food. When we got back to our room at the end of the night, they are so thoughtful they even had food and water in our room in case we were still hungry or thirsty. And the room looked so sweet with chocolate covered strawberries, champagne on ice, and rose petals everywhere. I couldn't believe how easy they made everything for us and how incredible everything turned out. Hands down I would recommend The Spa at Norwich Inn as the best wedding venue in Southeastern CT.

2014-09-17T08:33:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts & experience with us. We are thrilled our entire staff came together to make your day special. Our goal is to provide a wedding experience that is comfortable, relaxing, stress free and fun. We appreciate you sharing... Read Less Read More

Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Jennifer S

From the day we first went to check out the Spa at Norwich Inn until the day of our wedding, we were treated wonderfully. Our event coordinator and banquet managers were outstanding and made sure we had everything we needed. They were very easy to communicate with and answered... Read More all our questions quickly and thoroughly. To top off all the excellent service, the place is beautiful! Our ceremony was held outside by the reflecting pool and all 105 of our guests told us how beautiful it all was. The food at the cocktail hour and reception looked beautiful and tasted just as great! As a person who loves to spa, I can also say that having treatments included in our package was a HUGE value for me. I will be visiting the spa and recommending it to family and friends without hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kate D

We honestly could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. My mom and I have been coming to the Spa at Norwich Inn for almost 10 years, and we wanted a special place, so this was it! The staff is beyond accommodating. Our bridal suite was breath-taking, the food was... Read More incredible, and literally everything and anything we needed was provided for our. Michele, the amazing wedding coordinator, was beyond accommodating and wonderful to work with. Literally every single person who had a part in making our wedding happen was amazing. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and perfect for taking pictures and an outdoor ceremony. The meal selections were all phenomenal and the cake was absolutely delicious AND beautiful. The Norwich Inn has always been a very special place, and celebrating our wedding there was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Pro tip - go up a few days before the wedding. Between the spa, the treatments, and the wonderful calm energy of the Inn, we were both so relaxed by our wedding day that people kept commenting that we were the most relaxed, easy-going bride and groom they had ever seen!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Marcy K

We were married at The Spa at Norwich Inn on May 13,2017. From our first contact with Michele the wedding planner, to the last dance the night of our wedding we were blown away with their superior top notch service! The Inn itself has undergone an outstanding renovation to the... Read More lobby, ballroom and galleries. The new decor has so much charm and sophistication. The ballroom itself has A beautiful color pallet and stunning crystal chandeliers. The food was outstanding, and our guests raved about it for weeks after the wedding. Some of our guests required both vegetarian and vegan dishes that they said were delicious. The cake....let's talk about that for a minute....created by Pastry Fusions, the Inn's contracted bakery, was outrageous - chocolate devastation was its name! The waitstaff was impeccable. Jen, our personal professional waitstaff was there for any request we had throughout the evening. The bridal suite was so pretty and very roomy and comfortable. At the end of the night the staff delivered all of our gifts to our suite and left us a beautiful trail of rose petals and a heart on the bed of rose petals with a delicious dish of chocolate covered strawberries! What a nice surprise that was! Overall every staff member from the doorman to our wedding planner Michele created a dreamy, lovely wedding day for us to always remember. Thank you again!!! Marcy snd Howard

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Anonymous M

UNORGANIZED; TONS of errors on rooms and TONS more at my event, clientele is rude and uncouth. One Inn guest even swore at me, while I complained to the front desk that it was nearly 9p (wedding ended at 10p) and the event coordinator had gone home without informing my husband... Read More and I, and never placed donation cards on tables that were supposed to go out with all place settings so they would be noticed by all guests. To think, a guest swore at a bride in a gown? (The cards were still in a large Tupperware bin under my dessert table) The staff at the inn never DID anything. My dad had to ask the man to leave. ALL rooms have plumbing issues - my maid of honor's toilet flooded her bathroom, and was told that they didn't know if house keeping could clean up the mess. My aunts tub wouldn't drain. Bills for different guests were placed on my bill and vice versa. Most (not all) staff are unprofessional - my brother-in-law's overheard staff complaining about my wedding and that they were, "understaffed." Valet parking did not happen, though promised. Bell boys do not help with luggage. Some staff treat you like a burden. The coordinator asked that my husband and I bring up all decor the week prior to the wedding, which we did. She only took mental notes - perhaps this is why she forget to place out the favors. Keep in mind - the favors were in a box that said, "donation cards" in permanent marker! I was turned away for my hair appointment the day of the wedding, along with my maid of honor, due to confusion in the schedule. No apology was given. From start to finish - I was constantly picking up after The Inn for mistakes on my wedding day. I did this almost entirely alone, as my mother is deceased. I never got to enjoy a single moment - all the way until the end. Also, we were promised early check-in for guests, and later told my guests could not check in until 4p. My wedding was scheduled to start at 4p. Let's not even get into how the phone staff treats you, and how they treated my 80 year old grandmother when she called to book a room. I cried myself to sleep the entire night of my wedding. Plus side (yes, there is one) - food is excellent, ALL dining staff are professional and polite, spa was very clean. Hairdressers are talented and so are makeup artists (Jill and Krisha, especially!) Grounds are pretty too. Coordinator was on point UNTIL the day of the wedding. Jenn, head of dining staff is a hard worker who takes PRIDE in her work. She went above and beyond. Had she run my wedding from start to finish - I don't think a single detail would've been out of place. WOULD NOT recommend for an important event. While my wedding wasn't a total disaster; I regret using The Inn. Please pay attention to the negative reviews (I did not). The poor reviews don't lie. My review is actually generous. Do not be fooled. The director of sales reached out to me a few days after my wedding promising to make up for the errors. He never made right on those promises and I haven't heard back from him since.

2016-12-02T15:57:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Norwich Inn. We appreciate the positive feedback, but our Director of Sales is still very concerned and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you again. Please contact him at your earliest convenience,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jessica B

I cannot speak highly enough about the Norwich Inn. Michele is absolutely fantastic to work with, the food is amazing and the Inn itself is just gorgeous. We had our ceremony and reception here and it was perfect. Our friends and family raved about the rooms and venue. The bar... Read More accommodated our friends and made everybody feel that they could continue the party and have a great time. The Garden Suite is so cozy and romantic and the perfect bed for resting those dancing feet. If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely choose the Inn every time. Thanks to the staff there for being amazing to work with and such professionals. We also had a spa treatment and it was the perfect way to end the wedding weekend.

Wonderful but pricey

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Kimberly S

Everything was absolutely perfect and Michele took care of everything. The prices were high, especially if you want any spa services. Keep in mind that everything you think you are paying is plus 20% gratuity that's automatically added and the 6% tax on top of that. Yes they... Read More will charge tax on your gratuity too.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Kristie F

I knew this venue was meant to be when the bride that had our date moved it to an earlier date hours before our arrival. I have to say I was nervous when the wedding coordinators changed from Jill to Michele half way through the process, but it was a seamless transition. Michele... Read More was quick to respond to my email and was so easy going. She was flexible with making changes to their packages and gave great advice. The day of the wedding I was able to get ready in there conference room and leave my stuff there while we went to the church. We received so many complaints on how delicious the food was and nothing but complaints about the staff. We had our own personal server that made sure all our needs were taken care of as soon as we got back to the Norwich Inn from the ceremony. They set up the rooms exactly how I wanted and I didn't have to lift a finger on my wedding day. Everybody loved the outdoor patio at both the cocktail hour and reception. At the end of the night we got a room as part of the package which was beautiful. They had chocolate covered strawberries, sandwiches and pieces of our wedding cake waiting for us. Our amazing wedding was capped off with a relaxing massage, also part of the package, which we scheduled the next day. I would highly recommend the Norwich Inn for anyone looking for a wonderful venue to have their wedding.

Perfect for a fall wedding

Reviewed on 11/08/2013 Sabrina V

Loved this place from beginning to end. They were so nice to me and all my guests. The setting (outdoor in the fall) was gorgeous! They went above and beyond to cater to my every need, even though there were several other brides there that weekend.

Beautiful Location with Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Renee C

We were married on 9/21/13 at the Spa at Norwich Inn with 84 guests attending. We had the rehearsal dinner, outside ceremony, reception and breakfast the next morning on site. This was a destination wedding of sorts so many guests stayed at the Inn. Our experience was... Read More Wonderful! Let me first say that Event Coordinator, Michele Strobel is AWESOME! She is super responsive to phone and email which I really appreciate. She had wonderful ideas and no does not seem to be in her vocabulary. She has an easy going positive energy and was a joy to deal with which made my life as the bride, very easy. She took care of absolutely Everything the day of the wedding and it went very smoothly. She is a pro at this! The food at the Inn was wonderful and a big reason that we selected this venue. Filet Mignon was devine! Our guests are raving about the quality of the food and service of the staff. Everyone there knew how to do their job and they all did it Very well! The Inn is a beautiful location and the rooms were very nice. We were impressed and happy with every aspect of the Spa at Norwich Inn. We liked that we were the only wedding held that day so we had use of all the grounds. And the price of the package we selected was more than fair for the value we received. We highly recommend this location!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Kristie T

Ashley Destefano made my bridesmaids and myself stunning. I couldn't imagine anyone else doing a better job.

Our guests raved

Reviewed on 9/22/2012 Hope M

Everyone that we worked with in planning the wedding was incredibly helpful. Jill Fahey & Bert Morgan & their staff did a wonderful job helping us plan, suggesting vendors, & setting up for us the day of the wedding. Our guests raved about how neautiful everything... Read More looked, how good the food was, & what great service they received. We could not be happier with tis venue & everyone involved.

fantastic

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Traci R

Everything came out perfectly. The wait staff was great and they set up all the tables better than I expected

An awesome reception

Reviewed on 6/12/2012 Becky C

The Spa at Norwich Inn is where I chose to have my wedding reception. But they do so much more than just hold your event, they think of all the details and make the day as easy as possible. My bridal party and I got our hair and make up done at the spa in the morning, and all... Read More the guys came a little later and had staff help them put on the boutonnieres. Jill was the coordinator at the Spa and she made sure that everything ran smoothly. I loved that when we got back to the Spa to take pictures that we had personal waiters ready to get us drinks and hors d'oeuvres. The room was set up exactly as we wanted. They put the bar outside to make more room for the tables and this was a great idea because it encouraged people to go outside and enjoy the cute lighted patio. Also, the food was excellent. My piece of chicken was actually a little fatty, but all my guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing the filet was. After the reception, staff helped my family pack all the gifts into the cars. Our honeymoon suite for the night was awesome and they even brought us chicken wraps to eat late at night (assuming we didn't get much time to eat at our reception.) Overall it was an amazing experience and I could not have picked a better place!!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 3/13/2012 Jennifer M

Jill was wonderful as the coordinator at the spa! They worked with my budget, communicated and kept me on top of everything considering I had a busy schedule, and the actual wedding day went perfectly! I would recommend them to anyone!

The Spa at Norwich Inn

Reviewed on 1/07/2012 Jennifer R

Overall the best vendor we worked with! Jill was so patient and always responded to emails/calls immediately. The whole day was beautiful and I didn't worry about a thing. My vision was totally brought to life on my wedding day! The only criticism I have is that they did not... Read More have Bud Light as the wedding the night before used it all up. Some of my guests only drank Bud Light and were made to drink Coors LIght. Other than that everything was perfect.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Emily L

I live in SC but wanted to get married in my hometown of Norwich. I was nervous about planning everything long distance but Jill could not have been easier to work with in helping with all the planning. Everything went so smoothly. Thanks to Jill and her wonderful crew the day... Read More of the wedding was completely stress free. She set up all appointments for hair and makeup, had a room set up to get ready in and everyone so so helpful. All we had to do was show up. The wedding itself was beautiful. Due to the heat we decided to go with an indoor ceremony but had the most beautiful pictures taken on the grounds. We did not hear one negative thing from our guests about anything. All the way down the thoughtful details they included in our wedding night suite, things were perfect! I could not say enough wonderful things about our wedding, the staff, the service, and the Inn!!

What a party!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Wayne M

Our guests are still raving about the service, food and venue.

Effortless!

Reviewed on 5/05/2011 Tanya E

The wedding package I chose had so much included that all I had to find was a dress, dj and flowers! There were details taken care of that I hadn't even considered! The staff was warm, friendly, professional, and overall exceeded my expectations. My guests raved that they were... Read More very well taken care of and wanted for nothing.

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2010 Amy K

The staff at the Spa at Norwich Inn were amazing!!! The Spa is beautiful both inside and out, the food was incredible, the service was outstanding, and all of our guests said the same. The staff were so helpful, and the wedding coordinator and banquet manager took care of... Read More everything on the day of my wedding flawlessly!!! Our experience there was outstanding!!!

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Christa B

Jim and I had the most wonderful wedding ceremony/reception that anyone could ever ask for. Everything was "First Class"! We went back for our anniversary and they had our ENTIRE menu for us...including a wedding cake.

Absolutely Amazing!!! A MUST BOOK!!

Reviewed on 5/19/2010 SARA W

I've stayed at The Spa @ The Norwich Inn before and used their services, however when I met with their Event Coordinator I was completely blown away! I fell in love all over again with this site! The grounds are amazing, the food to die for, the service impecable, and I was... Read More treated like a princess by EVERYONE. I cannot say enough about the Event Coordinator, Jill. She is professional, wonderful, easy to work with and full of great ideas; Makeup Artist, Elle is incredible! My makeup was perfect. Hair Stylist, Theresa is a multi-talented artist (She also did my nails!) . I don't know how she does what she does! Andrew and Robert the Bellmen who are there to greet and assist you when you first walk in the door. The entire staff is incredible. I'd get married again just to experience their service!

Best venue ever

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Jenna S

As a bride-to-be, I thoroughly researched many venues before committing to the right one. Luckily, I discovered the Spa at Norwich Inn. The location is absolutely beautiful! The food is amazing! The staff are outstanding! Everything was perfect. Plus you have the added bonus... Read More of a full salon and spa on-site. I made a "long weekend" of pampering myself and my bridal party before and after the wedding. This included on-site manicure, hair style, massage, use of spa, and make-up services. Also, breakfast and cocktails at their restaurant. One of the best parts is that you FEEL like you're spending a million dollars for the high quality of everything you receive, but it's VERY reasonably priced! Words cannot describe how wonderful this experience was. I highly recommend this venue to anyone that wants to have a beautiful, relaxing time.