Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Planning

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

601 N. Waverly Rd., Lansing, MI (517) 886-0601

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Emily O

She had a beautiful selection of linens at a great price. I didn't want linens that were super fancy and busy, but didn't want plain solid colors either. Nicole had a crinkle cut taffeta that was perfect. She responded quickly to questions and inquiries and was flexible with me... Read More being an out of town bride. I would work with her again and highly recommend.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016

This woman is a joke. She seems very nice and put together when you meet with her but it's a very good cover up for a mean, unorgannized, scam artist. To begin she forgot two of our intial meetings and pretended like I had the date and time wrong when I showed up. She asked for... Read More pictures of what I wanted for a mock up appt and didn't even have the right materials set up when I arrived. After quoting me one price she tried to sneak an additional $175 into the cost and she couldn't explain to me what it was for. I sent her pictures as well as had several meetings to go over details of what I wanted and was very specific. The day of my wedding an hour before my ceremony she called me to tell me the isle runner I ordered was the wrong color. When I arrived at the chapel all of my bridesmaids bouquets were made of hydrangeas instead of roses, which obviously have a significant price difference, and one of them was missing. I also was shorted two boutineers and they fell apart before we made it down the isle. All of my bridesmaids flowers were drooping by the time we went to take pictures after the ceremony. When I entered my reception the main centerpieces were much smaller then the ones I was intially shown and charged almost $200 a piece for. I had two different table arrangments one of which I paid for huge glass votives wrapped in crystal filled with flowers and floating candles. What I got was several tiny votives surrounding one small candle. I also paid for swag work across my head table and was promised lighting underneath the table skirt both of which were also missing. When I contacted Nicole after my wedding to talk about refunding my money for the missing or incorrect items she seemed very polite about it but then proceeded to text message another vendor I was working with and accidentally sent me the text message calling me a bitch and an ungrateful, naive bride. This was extremely hurtful after all I had already been through and was expecting some compassion for my situation. When I met with her finally to discuss all of this she apologized and took down a list of the things that went wrong and promised she was going to rectify the situation after speaking with her flower vendor and team to see what exactly happened. She continously avoided me after that meeting claiming she sent me an email. After I told her I recieved no email, she claimed she was sending me a hard copy of the resolution through the mail. I never recieved this either. Finally she said she was going to send me something through certified mail so we would both have record I recieved it. As you can guess that never came either. I gave up on even dealing with the woman because clearly she is a liar and not a trustworthy business professional. I chose her company because she advertises as if she is one of the best in the city of Lansing. I fully regret trusting the most important day of my life to such a money grubbing, non-caring individual and would recommend to all brides in the area to take take your business elsewhere unless you like feeling unimportant and cheated.

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Ashleigh L

I had an absolutely horrible experience with Nicole! I wish I was able to post pictures on here of how terrible my decorations looked! I gave her very specific pictures of how I wanted by ceremony decor to look and it didn't even come close. Not to mention that she showed up... Read More to do my actual decor an hour before my ceremony was scheduled to start. It looked as though it was just thrown together and I paid her a fortune for absolutely nothing!! She was VERY hard to get ahold of to ask questions or to confirm things but the second that I got ahold of her to pay her she responded within seconds. Once she was paid she was again very difficult to get ahold of (we are talking days with no response). I would not recommend her to anyone. Absolutely sloppy work and unprofessional! Even the venue I had my wedding at told me that they don't recommend her to anyone anymore because of her horrible service and poor quality that she provides.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 12/31/2014 Danielle G

Very happy with Weddings by Nicole. She was very easy to work with especially after having a bad experience with one of her major competitors. I had already made a $200 deposit with one of her competitors and she was willing to take that off of my total with her. Nicole was... Read More accommodating especially given the fact that I went to her about 3 months prior to our wedding. Nicole made sure that everything looked beautiful. Thanks Nicole!

worst service ever

Reviewed on 11/15/2014

I received the worst service ever from WBN. I should have recognized the red flags right away when I was unable to reach anyone during business hours and no one would return my calls. After multiply attempts I was finally able to reach someone to schedule a consultation. At the... Read More consultation a contract was created and signed. It was discussed that I wanted six colors of chiffon draping over the dance floor that matched the table linens I had chosen. I was told that would ’t be a problem as they already had those colors in stock. When signing the contract the amount of material needed for the celling was unknown and I was asked to get them the measurements ASAP. A month later when I called to provide them with the measurements no one answered during business hours as usual. I left a message providing them with the measurements of the area that was to be covered by the chiffon and asked them to please call me if they needed any further information. I did not hear from them until a week before the wedding when they called to get the measurements. They had no recollection of the message I had left. This became a big ordeal as they had to special order the chiffon to fit because what they had in stock was not long enough. While working with staff to get this resolved it became obvious they were irritated with the situation and made it clear to me that this was going to cost them more than what I had agreed to paid. However, if this would have been dealt with 6 months prior when I left the message providing them with the measurements it could have been resolved without having to pay for rush delivery and scrambling to order what was needed. I was willing to pay accordingly for the extra material but they insisted everything would be taken care of but continued to take their frustration out on me. Upon arriving to pick up my rentals I was very disappointed to find it was not what I ordered. I received 5 panels of chiffon draping and one panel that was tulle and didn’t match the rest of the panels. This panel was also orange instead of peach and did not match the lines rest of the linens. The contract I signed was for PEACH, CHIFFON celling draping but by this time there was nothing anyone could do, as the wedding was the following day. While we were loading the rentals into the car I noticed instead of 12 3ft. pillars we were receiving 8 3ft. pillars and 4 5ft. pillars. When I asked why I was not receiving what I ordered I was told they thought they had 12 3ft pillars in stock but they only had 8 so they gave me 4 5ft pillars instead. Again there wasn’t anything I could do as I was already in a rush to get to the hall and utilized what little time I had to decorate. I felt tricked as they didn’t tell me until I was there for pick up that I would not be getting the 12 3ft pillars and therefore I had no choice but to suck it up and accept what they had. Once we got to the hall and started putting the chair covers on we were absolutely appalled by how many were stained, ripped, had holes and were fraying. Over half of the chair covers were in poor condition. Staff members at our hall could not believe the condition they were in and that a company would allow those items to be used. They stated that in all of their years working in the wedding industry they had never seen a company allow a customer to use products in such poor condition. (To be continued in a second review)

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Stephanie R

Weddings by Nicole did a great job! Everything looked just the way we wanted, and Nicole was very easy to work with. I highly recommend them!

Amazing Results

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Paige H

WBN helped decorate my August 2014 wedding. Nicole was always available and worked well around my crazy schedule. She listened to what I wanted and helped create the perfect look to my fairy tale wedding. She took away much of the stress associated with wedding planning. I... Read More highly recommend WBN!

Great Job!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Beautiful Decor! Great Customer Service!

Love WBN

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

I have used Weddings By Nicole on numerous occasions over the past 3 years. Due to the outstanding service I received and the impeccable quality of their products(linens,centerpieces,chair covers, sashes, etc.), I have contracted WBN to coordinate, decorate, and provide... Read More chiarvari chairs for my sons July 25, 2015 wedding. I love dealing with the owner Nicole. She is very accommodating. Nicole was always very sensitive to whatever budget I was working with and made sure my events looked classy and professional. Her personal attention to detail made me feel comfortable knowing that I was in excellent hands. My orders have always been ready when I arrived to pick them up. For me that's huge because I'm not always the most patient person. I will continue to use Weddings By Nicole for all my future events. I trust her and her staff to meet and exceed my expectations and to create any decor design imaginable. Their inventory is so vast I need not look elsewhere. P. Ingram #verysatisfiedcustomer

Elegant Chair Covers

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Beautiful setup, very elegant. Timely and well done.

Reception Upgrade

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Allie H

We ordered linens for our September wedding. They were absolutely gorgeous and really brought a classy feeling to our reception. The linens were perfect and it was easy working with Nicole!

WBN failure

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Renae B

I just got married a week and half ago and had a terrible experience with Weddings By Nicole! I had chosen to go through her because she had a lot of products to choose from and my sister was married a year ago and had a fairly good experience and I did too until the day before... Read More the wedding.The initial meeting went well, I felt she was priced pretty well but when it came to set up day she was late (which happened with my sister too) so I waited a half hour to call and see where she was at (no answer so I left a message). I was very clear when we had met that I wanted her there early (8:00 AM) because I am a morning person and it was important that we have her rentals there right away so we can keep moving forward but she pushed me off until 9:00. I waited another half hour to call again (10:00) and she answered saying she thought she was coming tomorrow (the day of my wedding!) and had to quickly call and get some girls around. At this point I was panicked, had to find other stuff to do for people that was there helping me because we had rented all linens, napkins, etc from her so it was tough to find any other jobs to do when you can't put anything on the tables. I ended up losing some people's help because they didn't want to wait around and had to send some people home because we couldn't do the table skirting until we had the linens. I checked my agreement with her and the dates were correct and I had talked to her in the previous week or two and we were both on track for the right date and time. Luckily, she came pretty quickly with other help (about another hour and half later...which is almost three hours after she was supposed to be there) but it didn't end there. When she had gotten there she forgot all the chair sashes and some of the table linens. She said she would run back and get them and be back in another hour or two but she took her help with her and on top of that had the nerve to ask for more money because the chair sashes weren't on our original contract (which we had talked about but she had forgotten to add it to the contract). She didn't offer any discount for being late and putting us behind on work and said she would leave a bill on a table for us. She did come back with the remaining items and helped tie sashes on but text me asking for payment again for the chair sashes. I thought this displayed very poor customer service to not even offer a refund or anything for being late, forgetting materials, etc and she didn't even call to let me know or thank me for my business! I would not suggest using her (even though I have heard she does very nice work) because of the last minute panick and stress this caused me. Additionally she blamed many things on me saying "she wasn't used to having a Thursday set up date because it was a Friday wedding" and that "I should have called to confirm" with her even though I talked to her the week or two prior to the wedding. There were many alternatives that she could have done to help resolve some issues (offer a discount, leave her helpers to make up for lost time, call to confirm, etc.) that would have helped but I can't let my experience not be shared and help other brides.

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

I used Weddings by Nicole and their services were wonderful. The staff went above and beyond to ensure items were delivered in a timely an accurate manner. I will use this vendor in the future. Thanks Weddings by Nicole for contributing to the success of this event.

Engagement Party

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Weddings By Nicole was amazing the service, the quality, the customer service all of it was amazing! Everything was so elegant and beautiful! Many of the guests were very impressed when they walked into the engagement party. We are looking forward to working with Weddings by... Read More Nicole for the wedding and reception. Exceptional Service!

Ceremony Decor

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Becki G

WBN created a lovely arch to use for the wedding ceremony along with other simple but elegant decor. They also were able to tear down, transport and reassemble at the reception location. Flowers were lovely!

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Kristin H

I really enjoyed working with Weddings by Nicole. Nicole is a great, fun, person and easy to get along with. I had colors in mind before meeting Nicole and shared them with her. She made some suggestions that honestly transformed my space in the most beautiful way. I cannot... Read More imagine what it would have looked like without Nicole's advice...Nicole was also willing to help me on short notice which took away a large amount of my stress (something that every bride needs). With Weddings by Nicole you never have to worry about the quality of the service you are paying for! Thank you for everything Nicole!

Full Service Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Katrina N

I used Nicole @Weddings By Nicole for every things for my wedding. She did floral, lighting, linen, centerpieces, planning, coordinating, as well as saved both my mother and myself infinate amounts of piece of mind. Everything was spectacular! I was told many times that night... Read More that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever seen. I also used Weddings By Nicole for my bachorlorette party and bridal shower which was fantastic! Since the wedding, I have had a few friends get married and every one that I have directed to Nicole has been just has happy and over the moon as I was. I also have since rented linens and centerpieces from Nicole for baby showers and my mom's fab 50 party. I will continue to always go to Nicole 1st for all my decor and party planning needs, everytime.

Disappointed service-great quality

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Heather K

I used Weddings by Nicole for my chair covers and table center decorations (small mirrors only). I had used a coupon from a bridal show and booked this vendor 8 months before my wedding. I was very disappointed with how organized Nicole was. She used paper (carbon copy)... Read More receipts for the initial appointment. I changed my order and needed more, she gave me another receipt, I then paid towards my account a few months later and she gave me a third receipt--none of which was connected. It was very difficult to contact her via phone or email. I would talk to her assistant and her assistant had no idea what to say or give answers. I finally reached her via email (after trying for 2 weeks) and scheduled an appointment to pay remaining balance. She had lost one of my payments and asked me for more money. I refused to pay it, so she checked her "billing department" and she said they found my payment! I was less then impressed. I called and confirmed the delivery information for chair covers and mirror only. Apparently, on my wedding day, they forgot to delivery mirrors for center pieces and my bridesmaids couldn't reach her to correct the problem before the wedding ceremony. My wedding coordinator ended up having to call three times and insist they talk to someone….. Needless to say I was less than impressed. But the quality of the chair covers and mirrors were beautiful!

flowers were not what I expected...

Reviewed on 5/20/2014 Kathryn W

I used Weddings by Nicole for linens and flowers only. The only reason I give two stars is because the linens were good, except one table was set up wrong. The flowers were just not what I asked for at all. I had a picture from Pinterest that I loved and wanted my flowers to... Read More match that. There were a few flowers where I wasn't even sure what they were, and I talked with the florist that they work with and we picked out which flowers looked as similar. But that is not what I got at all. Although the flowers looked pretty, it was not what I asked for and I was not happy at all about them. When it is a wedding, it should be what the customer wants? Am I mistaken? Things were pretty unprofessional when I called for a conference call and I was put on hold, but I heard a personal call conversation about poop. I then was hung up on. If I did it all over again, I would go somewhere else.

In the end, got exactly what I wanted!

Reviewed on 4/15/2014 Emily D

Theoretically, this rating should be a 4.5 but there's not a slot for that! First off, you cannot beat her prices, and what you tell her you want is exactly what you are going to get. I could not believe how much she made my vision come to life. Admittedly, I was an anxious... Read More bride with a long engagement, and it was difficult sometimes to get in touch with Nicole and her office. This is understandable because the time during which I was planning (my wedding was in March) was during her busy season, and as we got closer to the day, she made sure that everything was taken care of. Would I have appreciated better communication during my entire engagement? Probably. Did it negatively affect my wedding in any way shape or form? Absolutely not. I had very specific requests to fit my Disney wedding and she fulfilled every single one of them! Her staff was also very flexible to changes in timing of decorating the venue.

Review for Weddings By Nicole

Reviewed on 11/03/2013 Ashley D

I had Weddings by Nicole do the decorations and flowers for my wedding. The decorations were beautiful and turned out great, as did the flowers. However, several things I was promised that day didn't happen. The wedding weekend started out rocky when the Friday before my... Read More wedding, I get a call from the supervisor at my reception venue saying that the lady from WBN was there stating that we weren't using their specialty table linens. As a bride, you don't want confusion happening already! So I had to tell her how we were using linens from WBN when they were already saying we weren't. During our ceremony as my husband and I went to do our unity sand set, it wasn't their. Not a good thing to happen! I had several meetings with Nicole, and I stated twice how we would have our own unity sand set, even though she offered her own, we purchased our own that was personalized. She had told me that was fine and that she would be able to set it up. At the reception our champagne glasses weren't set out, vases for girls bouquets weren't on the head table, and all of our favors weren't handed out. At the end of the night, the coordinator said their was a box of our stuff in the closet that WBN had dropped off. We opened it and their was our champagne glasses, our whole unity sand set, and all of our wedding favors. Now why would a company allow this, I have no idea. During the meeting I asked Nicole if they could set out all of that stuff, and she said yes at an extra charge. So we paid the extra charge and trusted them. My husband then dropped the boxes off the next week, and I even called her to make sure they got them and she said yes. But it seemed what I gave them they neglected to even look in and didn't set out what I was promised. As for the vases, during the meeting we went over on how the head table would be decorated. I stated how I wanted vases so the girls could put their bouquets in them and that would be the decorations. She said okay and that their will be vases on the head table. Come to find out, I was supposed to transport the vases from the ceremony to the reception, which I was never told to do in the meeting. I would have had no problem doing that if I was told to do so. So the girls bouquets had to lay on the table, since what I was promised didn't happen again. I just want any bride to be cautious and make sure to go over every single detail with Nicole if you choose this business. They do wonderful work, but lack service skills. When things go wrong, WBN will blame you (the bride) and won't take full responsibility. When a company promises you something and when you pay a good amount of money for your special day, you expect everything to be perfect and flawless, and unfortunately with my experience I didn't get that. I just want all future brides to have a perfect wedding!

2013-11-05T10:41:04 Response from the vendor

I'm glad you at least acknowledged the fact that we do beautiful work and that your floral & decor turned out "Great!" We work very hard on each and every event and treat it as if it were our very own. I would like to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/27/2013 Laura D

I recieved free uplighting through a bridal show, and ordered chair covers through weddings by nicole. They were a bit hard to get ahold of, and to set up an appointment time. However, they offer a lot at decent prices, and are creative, with a lot of great ideas! I did notice... Read More at the reception that the uplighting was greenish... although i ordered amber or yellow.. Not a huge deal, as it looked ok in our rustic venue. Just kind of weird.. The chair covers looked nice. Overall, we liked them.

Cake Decorator/Baker

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Cortney H

I have worked with Weddings by Nicole, Inc. in doing different occasion cakes for clients. I know that Nicole herself, works personally with her clients. She and her staff have always been extremely helpful. I believe that they are dependable and do their best to give each... Read More client exactly what THEY want for their wedding or special occasion. She has gone "above and beyond" in helping me with decorating ideas for my cake stands which weren't even her responsibility. She has certainly been a blessing to me and I know many others! I know personally, of those who have used her and her services, and continue coming back! I guess, that "say's it all"! As you know, I was not "in" the ceremony/celebration, I have been "apart" of them in the cakes that I have created for them:)

Great Work!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 Alissa B

I only rented chair sashes from Weddings by Nicole. When I went to pick them up the colors weren't exactly right but the fixed it right while I waited. The front the right ones in less than 15 minutes and I was on my way.

flowers and tables

Reviewed on 7/22/2013 Theresa T

I had Nicole do our centerpieces for the reception and decorating the venue. It was beautiful!