Weddings Down The Shore Event Planning

LBI to Cape May and Southern NJ

"Your Dream Day Imagined"

Our company is based in Stone Harbor NJ. We established Weddings Down the Shore to help engaged couples feel special and right at home with us. We believe in listening and creating "Your Dream Day Imagined", all while keeping it cohesively "YOU". We specialize in Chic Shore Weddings, from LBI to Cape May, and Southern NJ All of our team members are certified wedding professionals with your happiness as our passion! We have been featured in "The Knot's" magazine twice for recommending the best Jersey Shore wedding tips, as well as being featured on "Myhotelwedding.com" We are also a preferred vendor of celebrity wedding planner David Tutera. We would love to create "Your Dream Day Imagined" on your magical day!

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Stone Harbor, NJ LBI to Cape May and Southern NJ (856) 392-4493
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Amy M

We hired Michael for month-of planning and it was one of the best decisions we made. I planned everything long-distance and having someone to take care of the last minute details the month before the wedding was essential. Michael was always available to meet the few times... Read More that I was in town before the wedding and was quick to answer emails. He had great ideas and solutions which kept my stress level at a minimum. He also found me an amazing makeup artist when others were not answering my emails. The day of the wedding I felt completely confident that everything would be the way I had planned and I was not stressed at all. Michael coordinated with all of my vendors and made sure the timeline was followed. The ceremony setup was beautiful, as was our reception. Michael was there to help throughout the evening and I can say that we had an amazing time at our wedding- Michael took care of everything and all we had to think about was enjoying every moment. I highly recommend Weddings Down the Shore. It will be some of the best money you spend for your wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Lea D

Thank you for making our wedding so AMAZING!! Michael is the best!! he really has an eye for what's on trend. WE got married at The Reeds in Stone Harbor which is already beautiful, he just made it over the top. He is so detail oriented and will make sure every detail is... Read More addressed. He is the BEST!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer N

Michael was a pleasure to work with and we could not have done it without him. He gave good advice, valuable contacts, was very detail oriented, and helped us every step of the way. He is kind and personable and went the extra mile to make our event wonderful. I would highly... Read More recommend him to every bride, he gave me peace of mind throughout the process!

2017-09-23T10:39:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jennifer for the kind words. We had such an AMAZING time working on your wedding. It truly was one of the best we were privileged to be a part of. We will never forget it!! Please stay in touch!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Sarah N

Weddings Down the Shore - where do I begin. We had an outstanding experience from beginning to end. My Wedding was November 11th and Michael and his assistant were a consummate professional. We had 175 people at our Wedding and all of our guests had an outstanding experience.... Read More Michael Emens, the owner, was wonderful to work with. He had all of the details under control and had suggestions for a seamless timeline and does the set up a day in advance of the event. I plan corporate events for a living for a major company - and my credo is "trust the professionals".... Weddings Down the Shore are true and caring professionals. The one word that would accurately describe our event is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Carol R

We hired Michael from Weddings Down the Shore Event Planning for design putting together our tablescapes. We got married at The Icona in Avalon. Michael said he used to be the wedding coordinator there, so we felt very comfortable with him knowing the place. Our wedding could... Read More not have turned out more beautiful. The linens he chose were gorgeous and he worked with our florist to design the centerpieces. He has such an eye for detail and colors. Thank you Michael for going above and beyond and making our wedding magazine worthy!!

2017-10-30T10:42:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you Carol for the kind words. I had so much fun designing your wedding. Wishing you many years of love, laughter and happiness.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Ashley W

We hired Weddings Down the Shore for our fall wedding in Avalon. I spoke to Michael the owner over the phone and we immediately clicked!! He is so knowledgeable of the wedding industry and the local area. He is also the most patient and kind person you will ever meet. We signed... Read More the contract and he went to work right away. I must have emailed him 1000 times, and he never once did not get back to me. On the day of my wedding, he took care of everything along with his assistant Kristen. They had everything set before I even asked. Kristen was great in aiding the photographer on schedule. The day could not have been more perfect. Thank you Michael and Kristen for making our wedding day a day we will never forget!! You guys are the best!!

2017-10-30T10:44:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashley!! Kristen and I were honored to be a part of your day. You looked so beautiful and we wish years of happiness

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Elana H

Thank you so much to Weddings Down The Shore for planning our non traditional reception. It was very casual on the beach and people raved about the décor and the food. Thank you to Michael and his team for making the best day of our lives such a great time.

2017-10-30T10:47:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the best party ever. It was so much fun to plan and to execute. Your band was amazing!! A good time was had by all!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Angie M

Michael, thank you for making our wedding the dream we thought it would be. The beach set up was beautiful! The reception could not have been more perfect! You have been a joy to work with and I am so glad that we invested the money in your expertise. Thank you again!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Drea M

I wanted to sincerely thank you for everything our wedding turned out to be everything I dreamed of!! I loved the flowers, the decor by the fireplace, our sweetheart table and the set up of our signs. We had an amazing time and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Thank... Read More you again for all of your help with or preparation and leading up to the wedding, the rehearsal and making sure everything looked beautiful at The Reeds.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Belinda S

Thank you for making our wedding planning go so smoothly. You are a TRUE PROFESSIONAL!! Your attention to detail made all of the difference and our day would not have been perfect without you! Because of you we were able to relax and enjoy our day. We can't thank you enough!! If... Read More you are looking for a planner/coordinator in the shore area...look no further, Weddings down the shore is the BEST!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Meghan E

We met Michael over a year ago. He's been helping us throughout the whole planning process. He truly can make anything happen. Our wedding day was perfect and I have to thank him and his team for it! Weddings Down The Shore is the absolute best!!

2017-09-23T10:45:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review. We were honored to be a part of your day and glad we were able to make your day extra special.

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Serena J

Michael is amazing!! He helped my now husband and I plan our second wedding at a rented home in LBI. He did everything from setting up the beach to making sure the tents and set up was perfect. He then got behind the grill and helped cook all of the food which was to die for. He... Read More is truly a special person because he loves what he does and loves making couples day perfect. He is so kind and kept me calm the entire time. Even when my hair and makeup person cancelled five days before the wedding day, he called a friend and took care of it for me. His brother is a minister and served as our officiant, he was awesome too!! If you are looking for the best planner, and I am from NYC, so we can be a pain, you should hire Michael. You won't be sorry, it was the best investment I made. Thank you Michael to you and your team!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Christy P

When I started to research planners for my June 2017 wedding at The Reeds in Stone Harbor, I came across Weddings Down the Shore. I read all of the reviews and was very impressed. I then met Michael and I see why he has such great reviews.....He is everything people say about... Read More him and more. He has such an eye for detail, he is so on trend with decor, and is the most kind and easy going person who really goes out of his way to make your day a true fairy tale. He told me that my wedding day was going to go by so fast and that i should enjoy my guests and let him handle all of the details. He was so right! It went by like a blink of the eye. I thank God we hired him, cause we were not stressed at all and were able to truly enjoy our day. I am going to miss not speaking to him about wedding stuff....but he told me i could still email him. Do yourself a favor and hire him. He has a great relationship with The Reeds and many local vendors in the area. Our day was perfect because of him!! Thank You Michael XOXO

2017-09-23T10:37:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words, we were honored to be a part of your wedding and at such a great venue as The Reeds. Wishing you many years of love, laughter, and happiness

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Amy P

We hired Michael from Weddings Down the Shore in November of last year for our June wedding. I was so stressed out with the planning process, and I wanted it to be great for my family and friends who were making the trip from all over the country. He is so knowledgeable of the... Read More wedding business, I would email him a question and he ALWAYS had the answer. He kept me calm and relaxed on the day of the wedding, not to mention his eye for style.....something I need help in that department. He made everything come together and it was amazing!! He is the kindest person who has such a calming presence. Girls do yourself a favor and hire Michael, it will be the best investment you made. I would not have enjoyed my wedding if Michael was not my planner. Thank you Michael and your team for truly making my dream come true!!

2017-09-23T10:40:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the beautiful review. I have believed being stressed out will solve nothing. It is a happy day and everyone should be happy. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren A

I can't say enough about Micheal and his team! He made my planning so easy, took great care in every detail, and was there for me since day one. Micheal has a great eye for decor and helped to make all of my bridal dreams come true! I truly could not have asked for a better... Read More planner! Micheal took all of my visions and made them a reality with his addition of great ideas. He takes no short cuts and makes sure everything is perfect. He kept me at ease through the entire process. Micheal made sure the finest of details were as I dreamt they would be and I was confident in having him be able to do so which was a huge stress reliever. His assistant Kristen was also fantastic. She was great with advice and anything I needed. I highly recommend Micheal and weddings down the shore! I'm very humbled to say that they not only gave me the wedding of my absolute dreams but also two new life long friends in him and Kristen! Xo

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jamie G

Our wedding day was a fairytale thanks to Michael and his team. He truly is a visionary and loves what he does. We met months ago, and every correspondence we had was immediate. He had every detail we discussed "nailed" and then some. He knows everyone in the area vendor wise,... Read More so he's got you covered there too. Thank you for making our day the best ever!!!!! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Renee F

We were so happy to have Michael help us in planning and executing our dream wedding! We hired him as our month-of coordinator and he went above and beyond to help us, from suggesting excellent vendors to answering any wedding-related questions we had. On the day of the wedding,... Read More Michael took care of everything and we were able to enjoy the day with complete confidence that everything was handled. Not only is he wonderful at his job, but he is a joy to be around. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator, do it! Your wedding day goes by so quickly and if you hire Michael, you will be able to enjoy every moment. Thank you, Michael!

2016-10-12T13:58:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Renee for the kind words! It was so much fun being a part of your wedding. I wish you and Brian many years of love, laughter and happiness!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Tammy C

We met with Weddings Down the Shore last year for our wedding on 10/01/16. We were looking for a month of coordinator to handle all of the details on our wedding day since we are not from the Jersey shore. We met with Michael and were so impressed with his professionalism and... Read More his vast knowledge of the area and all of the vendor contacts he had in the area. That was very important to us, as we wanted to use all local vendors. We hired them and it was one of the best decisions I made. Michael and Kristen his assistant took so much stress off of myself and my family. They made sure every detail was attended to. My advice is invest in a coordinator, you will enjoy your day that much more!! I highly recommend weddings down the shore. They are so prompt on emails, and if they don't have the answer right away, they will get it to you. Thank you Michael and Kristen for making our day so special!!

2016-10-12T08:12:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tammy for the kind words. It was an honor to play a part in your special day. David and yourself are so kind and we wish you nothing but the best in your journey together. Much love and Happiness Always!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Meghan B

We had Weddings Down the Shore help us style and coordinate our wedding. We had our wedding at Willow Creek Winery in Cape May so the venue was already beautiful, but Michael and his team took it to the next level. He really knows how to make everything work and make it look... Read More even more beautiful. He is so kind and his team is amazing!! Thank you for all you did to make our wedding day perfect!!

2016-10-05T07:05:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to style your wedding. You are such a beautiful person both inside and out. I wish you and Josh many years of love, laughter and happiness.

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Cindy O

We found Weddings Down the Shore on The Knot. We met with Michael and knew right away he had to be a part of our day. He is so knowledgeable of the area and so many contacts. Our wedding ceremony was on the beach in Stone Harbor, and the reception was at a private home. He took... Read More care of everything from set up, finding a caterer, to design. He took so much stress off of me since I live in NYC, and had no idea where to begin. I had some consultations with some other wedding planners in the area and Michael just impressed me the most. He got back to me right away, and every time I sent him an email, he answered it within 24 hours. He is a kind person and really cares about you and making sure your day is flawless!! Thank you Michael for making our day we will never forget.

2016-09-04T09:15:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so Much Cindy for the kind words, it was an honor to be a part of your day. I wish you and John years of love, laughter and happiness!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Karen B

We met with Michael in the fall of last year, and we immediately knew we were in good hands. He really knows the wedding industry and trends. He also has a vast network of vendors at his disposal, who all are too happy to do whatever it takes to make your day great! We had our... Read More ceremony on the beach and then our reception at a home we rented on the beach. I wanted the day to look classy, yet casual and Michael and his team did just that. We could not have done it with out him and his team. People think that they can do it all when they get engaged, and think a planner is not necessary. Take it from a bride who would not have had it any other way....just the ability to have a stress free day was reason enough!! Thanks again to Michael and his team!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Heather S

We hired Wedding Down the Shore to be our day of person. I thought i didn't need one since our venue had a person there. I am so glad that i did!! Not only did Michael and his team go above and beyond to make the day amazing, he ran circles around the person who was supposed to... Read More help from the venue. Michael is all things wedding, he know his stuff. He will help you and take care of things before you even realize you needed to have it done. I HIGHLY recommend Weddings Down The Shore for your planner, they are awesome. Thanks Michael for making my dream come true!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Christie H

We met Michael at our florist Coventry Crossing and we immediately knew we had to have him design our wedding. He is so on trend with what brides want. I knew I did not go crazy on decor, since our venue was so beautiful. He was able to get me the most beautiful linens that... Read More popped with my floral decor. He has so much knowledge of the wedding industry, and is the kindest person you will ever meet. Thank you Michael for a night we will never forget!! Brides if you are thinking about hiring Weddings Down the Shore to plan your wedding, take it from one bride that is the best decision you will make.....Michael and his team truly are 5-Star!!!

2016-09-04T09:20:40 Response from the vendor

Christie I loved styling your wedding...You looked stunning and i also loved the fact that you were not traditional. You took your style and rocked it. Thank you for the kind words and letting me be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kristen K

I'm not even sure what to say first about how amazing Michael is. We were so thankful to have him spend our wedding day with us. To say Michael was helpful and great at his job is an understatement. I do not even want to imagine how the entire day and wedding would have been if... Read More we did not have him there with us. So many guests said to me during our wedding "Michael is so amazing, where did you find him? He's been running around and doing so much stuff, he's running the show." And the show came out better than I can even imagine thanks to him. I would have been so panicked if I did not have someone I 100% trusted there when I couldn't be. He was my set of eyes when I could not be around. There so many things that need to do done on the day of the wedding that as a bride you are not able to control, from setting up the rooms to making sure your soon to be groom does not see you too early to making sure the cake and candy bar are in the right spots. From the small details Michael helped with to getting our fireworks show in the sky and keeping me stress free, I cannot thank him enough. I cannot express how thankful Robby and I are that Michael was there and made our day as amazing as it was, we felt as if he was a member of our family and fit right in with us! If you are reading this review, you do not need to research anymore or anyone else, contact Michael ASAP because he will be better and more helpful than you can even imagine!!

2016-09-04T09:19:08 Response from the vendor

Kristen, you and Robby have become my friends. I think your wedding was one of my favorites in a long time. The fireworks were AMAZING!! I am so glad we met, and i am looking forward to our future endeavors

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Brittany B

Michael did such a good job at my wedding, I don't even want to imagine how it would have gone without his help. Before we met Michael, we were wondering how we would be able to confirm that every prop and vendor was where they needed to be the day of the wedding. We didn't... Read More have to rely on an already nervous groomsman, bridesmaid, friend or family member to help make sure everything is where it needs to be. Peace of mind is priceless and you will find that here, during your wedding down the shore.

Michael Emens

It is very important to me that every couple has the most memorable and magical night of their life! I earned my Culinary Arts and Marketing Degree from TCNJ. I was fortunate enough to gain years of event experience working for Macy's in NYC. Having working on major events like the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Flower Show. Seeing the joy these events brought to people, I knew I found my calling. I got into the wedding business working for Icona Golden Inn in Avalon NJ for seven years. I am now fortunate to have a team of certified planners to help me create "Your Dream Day Imagined"