Weddings Down The Shore Event Planning

LBI to Cape May and Southern NJ

"Your Dream Day Imagined"

Our company is based in Stone Harbor NJ. We established Weddings Down the Shore to help engaged couples feel special and right at home with us. We believe in listening and creating "Your Dream Day Imagined", all while keeping it cohesively "YOU". We specialize in Chic Shore Weddings, from LBI to Cape May, and Southern NJ All of our team members are certified wedding professionals with your happiness as our passion! We have been featured in "The Knot's" magazine twice for recommending the best Jersey Shore wedding tips, as well as being featured on "Myhotelwedding.com" We are also a preferred vendor of celebrity wedding planner David Tutera. We would love to create "Your Dream Day Imagined" on your magical day!

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Stone Harbor, NJ LBI to Cape May and Southern NJ (856) 392-4493
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Christy P

When I started to research planners for my June 2017 wedding at The Reeds in Stone Harbor, I came across Weddings Down the Shore. I read all of the reviews and was very impressed. I then met Michael and I see why he has such great reviews.....He is everything people say about... Read More him and more. He has such an eye for detail, he is so on trend with decor, and is the most kind and easy going person who really goes out of his way to make your day a true fairy tale. He told me that my wedding day was going to go by so fast and that i should enjoy my guests and let him handle all of the details. He was so right! It went by like a blink of the eye. I thank God we hired him, cause we were not stressed at all and were able to truly enjoy our day. I am going to miss not speaking to him about wedding stuff....but he told me i could still email him. Do yourself a favor and hire him. He has a great relationship with The Reeds and many local vendors in the area. Our day was perfect because of him!! Thank You Michael XOXO

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Jennifer N

Michael was a pleasure to work with and we could not have done it without him. He gave good advice, valuable contacts, was very detail oriented, and helped us every step of the way. He is kind and personable and went the extra mile to make our event wonderful. I would highly... Read More recommend him to every bride, he gave me peace of mind throughout the process!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Amy P

We hired Michael from Weddings Down the Shore in November of last year for our June wedding. I was so stressed out with the planning process, and I wanted it to be great for my family and friends who were making the trip from all over the country. He is so knowledgeable of the... Read More wedding business, I would email him a question and he ALWAYS had the answer. He kept me calm and relaxed on the day of the wedding, not to mention his eye for style.....something I need help in that department. He made everything come together and it was amazing!! He is the kindest person who has such a calming presence. Girls do yourself a favor and hire Michael, it will be the best investment you made. I would not have enjoyed my wedding if Michael was not my planner. Thank you Michael and your team for truly making my dream come true!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Meghan E

We met Michael over a year ago. He's been helping us throughout the whole planning process. He truly can make anything happen. Our wedding day was perfect and I have to thank him and his team for it! Weddings Down The Shore is the absolute best!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Serena J

Michael is amazing!! He helped my now husband and I plan our second wedding at a rented home in LBI. He did everything from setting up the beach to making sure the tents and set up was perfect. He then got behind the grill and helped cook all of the food which was to die for. He... Read More is truly a special person because he loves what he does and loves making couples day perfect. He is so kind and kept me calm the entire time. Even when my hair and makeup person cancelled five days before the wedding day, he called a friend and took care of it for me. His brother is a minister and served as our officiant, he was awesome too!! If you are looking for the best planner, and I am from NYC, so we can be a pain, you should hire Michael. You won't be sorry, it was the best investment I made. Thank you Michael to you and your team!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Lauren A

I can't say enough about Micheal and his team! He made my planning so easy, took great care in every detail, and was there for me since day one. Micheal has a great eye for decor and helped to make all of my bridal dreams come true! I truly could not have asked for a better... Read More planner! Micheal took all of my visions and made them a reality with his addition of great ideas. He takes no short cuts and makes sure everything is perfect. He kept me at ease through the entire process. Micheal made sure the finest of details were as I dreamt they would be and I was confident in having him be able to do so which was a huge stress reliever. His assistant Kristen was also fantastic. She was great with advice and anything I needed. I highly recommend Micheal and weddings down the shore! I'm very humbled to say that they not only gave me the wedding of my absolute dreams but also two new life long friends in him and Kristen! Xo

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jamie G

Our wedding day was a fairytale thanks to Michael and his team. He truly is a visionary and loves what he does. We met months ago, and every correspondence we had was immediate. He had every detail we discussed "nailed" and then some. He knows everyone in the area vendor wise,... Read More so he's got you covered there too. Thank you for making our day the best ever!!!!! XOXO

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Renee F

We were so happy to have Michael help us in planning and executing our dream wedding! We hired him as our month-of coordinator and he went above and beyond to help us, from suggesting excellent vendors to answering any wedding-related questions we had. On the day of the wedding,... Read More Michael took care of everything and we were able to enjoy the day with complete confidence that everything was handled. Not only is he wonderful at his job, but he is a joy to be around. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator, do it! Your wedding day goes by so quickly and if you hire Michael, you will be able to enjoy every moment. Thank you, Michael!

2016-10-12T13:58:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Renee for the kind words! It was so much fun being a part of your wedding. I wish you and Brian many years of love, laughter and happiness!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Tammy C

We met with Weddings Down the Shore last year for our wedding on 10/01/16. We were looking for a month of coordinator to handle all of the details on our wedding day since we are not from the Jersey shore. We met with Michael and were so impressed with his professionalism and... Read More his vast knowledge of the area and all of the vendor contacts he had in the area. That was very important to us, as we wanted to use all local vendors. We hired them and it was one of the best decisions I made. Michael and Kristen his assistant took so much stress off of myself and my family. They made sure every detail was attended to. My advice is invest in a coordinator, you will enjoy your day that much more!! I highly recommend weddings down the shore. They are so prompt on emails, and if they don't have the answer right away, they will get it to you. Thank you Michael and Kristen for making our day so special!!

2016-10-12T08:12:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you Tammy for the kind words. It was an honor to play a part in your special day. David and yourself are so kind and we wish you nothing but the best in your journey together. Much love and Happiness Always!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Meghan B

We had Weddings Down the Shore help us style and coordinate our wedding. We had our wedding at Willow Creek Winery in Cape May so the venue was already beautiful, but Michael and his team took it to the next level. He really knows how to make everything work and make it look... Read More even more beautiful. He is so kind and his team is amazing!! Thank you for all you did to make our wedding day perfect!!

2016-10-05T07:05:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to style your wedding. You are such a beautiful person both inside and out. I wish you and Josh many years of love, laughter and happiness.

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Cindy O

We found Weddings Down the Shore on The Knot. We met with Michael and knew right away he had to be a part of our day. He is so knowledgeable of the area and so many contacts. Our wedding ceremony was on the beach in Stone Harbor, and the reception was at a private home. He took... Read More care of everything from set up, finding a caterer, to design. He took so much stress off of me since I live in NYC, and had no idea where to begin. I had some consultations with some other wedding planners in the area and Michael just impressed me the most. He got back to me right away, and every time I sent him an email, he answered it within 24 hours. He is a kind person and really cares about you and making sure your day is flawless!! Thank you Michael for making our day we will never forget.

2016-09-04T09:15:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so Much Cindy for the kind words, it was an honor to be a part of your day. I wish you and John years of love, laughter and happiness!!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Karen B

We met with Michael in the fall of last year, and we immediately knew we were in good hands. He really knows the wedding industry and trends. He also has a vast network of vendors at his disposal, who all are too happy to do whatever it takes to make your day great! We had our... Read More ceremony on the beach and then our reception at a home we rented on the beach. I wanted the day to look classy, yet casual and Michael and his team did just that. We could not have done it with out him and his team. People think that they can do it all when they get engaged, and think a planner is not necessary. Take it from a bride who would not have had it any other way....just the ability to have a stress free day was reason enough!! Thanks again to Michael and his team!!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Heather S

We hired Wedding Down the Shore to be our day of person. I thought i didn't need one since our venue had a person there. I am so glad that i did!! Not only did Michael and his team go above and beyond to make the day amazing, he ran circles around the person who was supposed to... Read More help from the venue. Michael is all things wedding, he know his stuff. He will help you and take care of things before you even realize you needed to have it done. I HIGHLY recommend Weddings Down The Shore for your planner, they are awesome. Thanks Michael for making my dream come true!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Christie H

We met Michael at our florist Coventry Crossing and we immediately knew we had to have him design our wedding. He is so on trend with what brides want. I knew I did not go crazy on decor, since our venue was so beautiful. He was able to get me the most beautiful linens that... Read More popped with my floral decor. He has so much knowledge of the wedding industry, and is the kindest person you will ever meet. Thank you Michael for a night we will never forget!! Brides if you are thinking about hiring Weddings Down the Shore to plan your wedding, take it from one bride that is the best decision you will make.....Michael and his team truly are 5-Star!!!

2016-09-04T09:20:40 Response from the vendor

Christie I loved styling your wedding...You looked stunning and i also loved the fact that you were not traditional. You took your style and rocked it. Thank you for the kind words and letting me be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Kristen K

I'm not even sure what to say first about how amazing Michael is. We were so thankful to have him spend our wedding day with us. To say Michael was helpful and great at his job is an understatement. I do not even want to imagine how the entire day and wedding would have been if... Read More we did not have him there with us. So many guests said to me during our wedding "Michael is so amazing, where did you find him? He's been running around and doing so much stuff, he's running the show." And the show came out better than I can even imagine thanks to him. I would have been so panicked if I did not have someone I 100% trusted there when I couldn't be. He was my set of eyes when I could not be around. There so many things that need to do done on the day of the wedding that as a bride you are not able to control, from setting up the rooms to making sure your soon to be groom does not see you too early to making sure the cake and candy bar are in the right spots. From the small details Michael helped with to getting our fireworks show in the sky and keeping me stress free, I cannot thank him enough. I cannot express how thankful Robby and I are that Michael was there and made our day as amazing as it was, we felt as if he was a member of our family and fit right in with us! If you are reading this review, you do not need to research anymore or anyone else, contact Michael ASAP because he will be better and more helpful than you can even imagine!!

2016-09-04T09:19:08 Response from the vendor

Kristen, you and Robby have become my friends. I think your wedding was one of my favorites in a long time. The fireworks were AMAZING!! I am so glad we met, and i am looking forward to our future endeavors

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Brittany B

Michael did such a good job at my wedding, I don't even want to imagine how it would have gone without his help. Before we met Michael, we were wondering how we would be able to confirm that every prop and vendor was where they needed to be the day of the wedding. We didn't... Read More have to rely on an already nervous groomsman, bridesmaid, friend or family member to help make sure everything is where it needs to be. Peace of mind is priceless and you will find that here, during your wedding down the shore.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Corrine C

We met Michael while dealing with our florist Coventry crossing. From the moment I met him, I knew that he needed to be involved with our special day. From finding a cotton candy machine to setting up. My marquis lights, he did it all.. You NEED him as your wedding... Read More coordinator. He puts everything together and will not stop until it is perfect. He has contacts for nearly everything you can imagine. His makeup and hair team, Diane are top notch and very professional. He is the go to for anything and everything bridal. Michael, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.. It wouldn't have been the same without you. Brides, trust me, you will not be disappointed..

2016-09-04T09:17:00 Response from the vendor

Corrine you were a joy to work with. Your wedding was so much fun, and I was honored to be apart of it!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Michelle Colfer

I can't say enough good things about Weddings down the shore. I thought I was going to be able to put together a small wedding for my Family and friends to attend one weekend in Cape May. I had a panic attack and decided to call Michael at weddings down the shore. I don't know... Read More how he does this for a living, he makes it look so easy. He saved my life and my wedding day and I will never forget him for it. Thank you Michael!

2015-11-02T04:47:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words!! We had a great time at your wedding. We wish you many years of wedded bliss

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Cindy J

We hired Michael from Weddimgs down the shore, and it was the best decision we made. We had our reception in the backyard of my grandmothers home in Stone Harbor. Trying to make this happen from Maryland seemed impossible. After speaking with many planners I knew Michael was... Read More the one. He knew the area and had many contacts for vendors. He handled every detail from the rentals, to the food and drinks. He also handled my crazy OCD...Lol. If you are getting married out of state, especially at the shore, do yourself a favor and hire a planner. It takes so much stress off of you. Michael is extremely good at what he does, and I wouldn't have changed my day at all, it was perfect!!! Thank you Michael!!

2015-11-02T04:50:31 Response from the vendor

We were honored to be a part of your day. Thank you

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Bridget C

Hi hired Weddings Down the Shore last March for my September wedding. I met with Michael and I immediately knew he was who I wanted. He just seemed to get me. I hired him for my day of coordinator, but he went above and beyond. He attended vendor meetings with me and... Read More answered my endless emails promptly. On th day of the wedding I was a wreck. He calmed me down and told me "we got this". After he said that I was like a wave of calm came over me. He executed everything I asked at the venue and then some. He is so amazing at his job. When you get engaged and want to do a destination wedding at the shore, Michael is your best bet. He has relationships with so many vendors and venues. Trust you me you won't be disappointed. Thanks again Michael!!

2015-11-02T04:51:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren, I was honored to be with you. You are/were a beautiful bride and will make a wonderful wife. Lots of love!!

Absolutely impressed

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Nicole K

Everytime I had met or spoken with Michael he was on point with responding to any of my questions and could envision my ideas. He had recommended a lot of our vendors and everyone was just perfect and could envision what we wanted. Our wedding was not your typical wedding we had... Read More a country chic wedding on my fathers farm. This meant we needed everything from electric and water to silverware. The weekend of our wedding we had Nor' Easter and hurricane warnings and the only thing tented was our reception everything else was outdoors. Michael drew up a blueprint with more tents and tented walk ways and presented it to us. It was perfect and exactly what we needed due to the weather. The night prior to our wedding we had 60 mph gusts so not much could be set up in our tent and the tent walls were tearing it was not looking good I was so nervous!! The morning of our wedding Michael had the rental company re- securing the sides and replacing them as well. From the moment I walked down the first walkway I was amazed of how the decor was set up throughout and how everything was executed. It was absolutely incredible a dream come true. Our wedding was definitely not a walk in the park and Michael had to improvise a lot but he did the most amazing Job!!! This was the best money we've spent honestly. If I could give any bride a bit of advise. Get a wedding planner it will take so much stress off of you and Michael is fantastic. We feel like we've known him for years !!! Our guests have been ranting and raving about our wedding and there is not one thing we would change! Thank you Michael!

2015-10-18T04:56:21 Response from the vendor

Nicole, you and Andrew have become part of my family. We started the planning of your wedding a year and a half ago. So when the weather threw a curve at us, I felt your pain. My job as your planner was to come up... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Megan B

After you read this review, the first thing you should do is book Michael for your wedding! I decided to hire a day of coordinator because I didn't want to worry about setting up at the venue or the flow at the actual wedding. I wanted to just enjoy my wedding day and know that... Read More someone was there to take care of things. Michael listened to everything that I wanted and made sure that it was all executed flawlessly. In the few cases I asked him to do something at the wedding, he was already doing it! We also had a couple of problems come up before our wedding which Michael helped us fix quickly since he knows the local vendors so well. The most important thing is how kind Michael is and how easy he is to get along with. He got along so well with our wedding venue coordinator and they made an amazing team. I'm so happy we hired Michael for our day of coordinator and I can't imagine our wedding without him there.

2015-10-05T06:36:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you Megan for the kind words. You and Andrew are such an awesome couple. I am honored to have been a part of your day, and glad we exceeded your expectations. We wish your years of laughter and happiness fir years to come!!

Best wedding Planner

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Meghan K

Weddings Down The Shore is the best in South Jersey! They were so helpful with finding local vendors and the best deals. Very professional and friendly. My wedding was truly perfect and I have to give them all the credit for it!!

2015-09-28T14:52:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan for the kind words. You and Luke made your day perfect, we just helped to make it more colorful!! You guys are an awesome couple and we are so honored to have gone on that journey with you. We wish years of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Kristen A

We hired Michael from Weddings down the shore to help us coordinate our ceremony on the beach. He was so awesome because I kept throwing changes at him every time I emailed him. He was so receptive. I had a rather large bridal party....20 people. So I needed the... Read More coordinator. He kept everyone in line, they did exactly as he asked and he made sure there was order. He set the beach decor beautifully. When I saw it I cried. The weather was beautiful and so was the day. I don't think I could have pulled it off without him. He was my rock and I recommend anyone in the southern NJ shore area that is getting married, hire a planner.....it is SO worth it, just for your sanity alone!! Michael is one of the best in the buisness, you will be so glad you hired him. Thank you again for an AMAZING day!!! XO

2015-11-02T04:52:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kourtney... It was my pleasure!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Michael was an incredible help to us, especially in the immediate days before the wedding. He's a great resource for understanding local vendors and the rhythm to making wedding decisions. He helped us set up our DJ and wedding transportation, which were great. Michael works... Read More closely with Coventry Crossing florists, who did a beautiful job with our flowers, and having him plugged in with all of our vendors was a big help. He also was a very calming influence during the rehearsal and the wedding itself! I'm so glad we decided to enlist his help.

2015-11-02T04:52:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Christine, it was my pleasure

Michael Emens

It is very important to me that every couple has the most memorable and magical night of their life! I earned my Culinary Arts and Marketing Degree from TCNJ. I was fortunate enough to gain years of event experience working for Macy's in NYC. Having working on major events like the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Flower Show. Seeing the joy these events brought to people, I knew I found my calling. I got into the wedding business working for Icona Golden Inn in Avalon NJ for seven years. I am now fortunate to have a team of certified planners to help me create "Your Dream Day Imagined"