Wedgewood at the Sterling Hotel

Sacramento, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Wedgewood at The Sterling Hotel, located in downtown Sacramento, is a luxurious historical setting ideal for elegant and classic wedding styles. The venue offers cocktail hours that can fit with your rehearsal dinner schedule or with reception schedules for evening wedding ceremonies.

There are also multiple wedding packages to choose from with an easy to find online comparison chart and wedding calculator to making budgeting and choosing wedding options easier for the couple. The Wedgewood comfortably accommodates up to 200 guests and has the following venue areas to host the wedding and accompanying events.

The Wedgewood at the Sterling Hotels offers a restored Victorian mansion that can be used as a backdrop for bridal photography or for wedding party accommodations. This mansion, originally built in 1894, offers a ready-made theme for classic weddings with a touch of old world elegance. The mansion is suited to be an all-in-one location for the smaller weddings or as the ideal starting point for all of the couples planned events.

Sterling Ballroom. The 3,500 square-foot Sterling Ballroom is a traditional ballroom area fit for larger receptions and dining. Though the couple can provide their own decorations and music, certain bridal packages do include personalized decorations and a DJ. If the couple chooses a bundled package, set-up and cleaning following the ceremony are included. The Sterling Ballroom also provides plenty of room for guests to sit, eat and enjoy dancing as well.

Drawing Room. In addition to spaces suited for the bride and her bridal party, there is also a drawing room for the groomsman as well. The drawing room can serve as a meeting point for the groomsman as well as a place to relax and have a few drinks before the wedding. It can also serve as a backdrop for before the wedding pictures and groomsman pictures.

Couples should be aware of the free consultation Wedgewood at the Sterling Hotel offers. This will allow the couple to choose from different packages and become familiar with all aspects of what the staff can do and what they can have personalized. The consultation also includes options such as personalized invitation creation and ordering as well as discussing the latest trends that you can add to your wedding ceremony or the reception.

A variety of wedding packages are available to accommodate the wedding party. These packages are the crystal, silver, gold, emerald and millennium. The crystal package offers basic services which include an invitation bundle while the millennium package offers upgraded decor, a minister and hotel accommodations. The silver, gold and emerald package offer upgraded services that fall between the crystal and millennium.

• Outdoor patio for receptions, photography opportunities and cocktails
  • Spacious changing area for the bride
  • Cocktail hours are open after the rehearsal dinner, before the wedding or following the ceremony
  • Entertainment area for younger teens and children during the reception or for picnics and gatherings

Discover your perfect fit.

Located in the heart of downtown Sacramento, Wedgewood’s Sterling Hotel venue offers a perfect mix of history, luxury and beauty. Originally built in 1894, the Sterling Hotel’s charming Victorian architecture and immaculate, manicured grounds now offer a gorgeous and unique atmosphere for weddings.

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1300 H Street, Sacramento, CA (866) 966-3009

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Nicole W

Our wedding turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and every one of our guests kept telling us it was the best wedding they've ever been to! The staff at Wedgewood were great to work with, and their list of vendors made the planning process insanely easy. The food is really the only... Read More reason I'm not giving it a 5 star - the food was good, but not the to die for. But overall, would have my wedding here again if I had to do it over! Loved it, and so so happy with how it turned out! ❤️

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauri D

Wonderful coordinators. Walked us step by step through the whole process, taking the time to make sure everything is exactly as we are imagining.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kelly B

We held our wedding reception at the Sterling. We were very pleased with this venue. The night turned out better than we could have imagined. Every guest that attended had nothing but positive remarks for that night.

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Kayla W

My husband and I choose this venue because we feel in love with the look of it, working with Wedgewood was just a surprising bonus. The venue itself is beautiful, we used just about every room they offered, chandelier for ceremony, cellar for cocktail hour, ballroom for... Read More reception, bridal suite for getting ready and Huntington suite for the night we stayed. When we were getting ready they offered us champagne and some cheese and crackers, so sweet. They walked us through everything and was there for comfort us when we were nervous about how things would turn out. The staff was amazing at making us feel that we were never an inconvenience to them when they were answering our billion questions. During and after our wedding all of our guest came to us and told us how much they loved our venue and the staff that was working there. It is really awesome that their packages are completely customize-able, you can literally get everything done through them if you wanted to, or just a few things. My only wish is that they would add more to their invitations available, or make it where you don't have to go through them for that. but that is a small thing that wasnt that important to us. overall i would give them an A++ in everything and DEFINITELY recommend them.

Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Lisa B

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. Kelsey, our Wedgwood coordinator, was absolutely AMAZING. She totally understood my vision and made it come to life from day one. Whether it be all of my little tiny details or wants from outside vendors, she made every single thing... Read More happen. Even couches and a fire pit for our cocktail hour in addition to a mariachi. Every small detail inside the ballroom was beautiful. She took the time to get to know me over the 10 month planning process and did everything in her power to make our night a dream come true. I've received nothing but compliment after compliment after compliment from all of our guests. The morning of the wedding, I went running into her office with a huge smile on my face and she greeted me with just as much excitement. The bridal suit is BEAUTIFUL to get ready in! Kelsey and her staff brought us mimosas and snacks all morning long and was constantly checking on myself and my bridal party. The banquet services during the reception were amazing. They constantly offered my husband and I food, drinks and anything we needed. They even brought us a HUGE plate of bacon wrapped scallops because they knew how much I loved them! The meal (petite filet mignon and lemon chicken) was DELICIOUS! Melted in our mouth. Kelsey was just absolutely fabulous. She let me bring in all the vendors I wanted (florist, DJ, photographer, videographer) and worked with me with the vendors Wedgwood offers. All were amazing and Kelsey made all of my dreams happen. I didn't know it was humanly possible to have THAT much fun. I seriously can't thank the Wedgwood staff enough. Our wedding was a dream come true.