Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion

Benicia, CA

Book Your Wedding with Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion

A GARDEN IN BENICIA, CA

The historic Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion in Benicia, California, is an elegant low-key venue ideal for couples who want to spend their wedding day in the Bay Area. This stately Italiante-style mansion was originally built in 1861 to house the commanding officer at the Benicia Arsenal. The Jefferson Street Mansion was lovingly converted into an event location in 1998. Since then, the Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion has been a popular Northern Californian wedding spot and is just 45 minutes away from San Francisco.

While the mansion itself is picturesque, its expansive grounds are the Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion's major feature, as events are generally held outdoors. It enjoys a moderate climate, ideal for outdoor weddings year round. Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion is available for ceremonies, receptions, engagement parties, rehearsal dinners and other special bridal events. Maximum capacity at this venue is 200 guests.

Ceremony Site. The Ceremony Site at Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion is on the side of the grounds facing the sparkling Carquinez Strait, creating a water vista backdrop as couples say their vows. Guests are seated under the shade of a beautifully constructed 15-foot arbor that connects to a matching wedding arch. Adding to the ambiance are the palm trees and stone columns that frame the location.

Reception Pavilion. After the ceremony, parties continue their celebration on the other side of the mansion grounds within the Reception Pavilion. This spacious open tent are large enough to accommodate a large party for dining and dancing. The Reception Pavilion is decorated just as lavishly as the rest of the venue, featuring custom-built furniture and elegant chandeliers.

The Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion provides an onsite coordinator to help make sure your wedding day goes as smoothly as possible. Couples can opt for in-house catering and beverage service or bring in approved outside caterers. The Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion helps couples pick local photography, floral and even hairdressers, suggesting businesses they've worked well with in the past.

Facility rentals are for five hours of exclusive use of the property, plus two hours ahead of time to get ready and Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion books only one event per day. Fees at the Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion vary based on party size in 50-guest increments. Rehearsal time is not included in the facility cost but can be purchased for an extra fee. Weekday event packages are for five hours of use and are significantly discounted.

Photo opportunities at Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion are plentiful and for a couple of fun shots nervous brides seat themselves on the brocade-embellished 'fainting couch' and newly weds enjoy the wooden carved 'courting chair.' The bride can make a dramatic entrance down the mansion's front stairway.

Although the ceremony and reception are held outdoors, guests are welcome to stroll around the fascinating mansion. The venue has sumptuously furnished bride's and groom's rooms for dressing before the ceremony.

Jefferson Street Mansion

Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion is full of charm, incredible architecture, historic details and unique styling. If you’re looking for something that is truly gives you and your guests that moment of “WOW!”, welcome to Wedgewood Weddings | Jefferson Street Mansion. Highly regarded and long-standing reputation, the mansion’s history dates back to 1861. The venue has been renovated and restored, maintaining its palace-like estate and continues to commands attention. With views of the bay and quiet elegance of the Jefferson Street Mansion, you’re sure to fall in love with this special place. Your dream ceremony is held under a gorgeous veranda in the Italianate-style covered colonnade covered in lush greenery and beautifully manicured landscaping. Dance the night away in your ten

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1063 Jefferson Street, Benicia, CA (866) 966-3009
PINTEREST

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/21/2012 Brittany H

I love this venue and I love Renee' (the wedding coordinator) even more. Everything was on time and ran smoothly. I could not have asked for a better wedding. My guest keep telling me what an amazing time they had and the the food was wonderful! I highly recommend this... Read More venue; it is worth every penny.

My wedding

Reviewed on 11/27/2011 Crystal S

This is the most amazing place. The staff is amazing. Rene made my special day go like a breeze in the wind. You was there with us all the way from start to finish. Everyone has told us that this was the best wedding they have every been with. The area was beautiful and we... Read More have the most beautiful pictures due to the mansion and photographers. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. The food was terrific. Thank you Rene.

Such a beautiful venue and great staff to work!!!

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 kesava w

When I had to find a new venue for our wedding 4 months before our date, Jefferson Street Mansion came to our rescue! The venue is absolutely beautiful. It's not just a venue...it is an experience! The owner Reid has very meticulously restored the Mansion and grounds. We had... Read More our reception outside with a picturesque view in the background and danced through the night under lights in their cool open tented area. Included in the facility rental is a day of coordinator Renee, whose upbeat personality and experience just puts you at ease and assures you that everything is taken care of. The food was amazing, the spare ribs are a must! Our wedding day was a dream come true and an event that our guests are still talking about!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Melissa M

We were married on July 1, 2017. Everything was perfect. Nicole was terrific to work with. She was kind, efficient, funny, helpful and just a pleasure to work with. Katy the Banquet Manager was amazing. She made us feel like royalty on our special day and made sure we and our... Read More guests were happy and taken care of. The food was delicious. We had numerous comments about how good the food was, how beautiful the venue was. We were told by many of our guests that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. We used the JSM florist )ALovesInBloom), bakery (Old Town Danville Bakery), and DJ Randy at Pacific Entertainment). All were top notch. Karen at the Old Town Danville Bakery is such a sweetheart and makes absolutely amazing desserts (try the cream puffs and key lime bars). We live 45 min from the bakery but still go there for our special occasion desserts.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Diego A

We are so happy to have celebrated our special day at the mansion. The place is awesome. Nicole helped us since day 1, and she made everything so easy. Will definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Catherine S

The staff at the Jefferson Street Mansion were absolutely fabulous to work with. They helped us coordinate our dream wedding and had great attention to detail. We had many compliments on the venue space! We had multiple meetings and email exchanges with the staff leading up to... Read More the wedding and had no issues discussing any wedding requests that we submitted. Food also received high praise. The venue was also very accommodating for our outside vendors. We used some of the preferred vendors and had a positive experience. Our decorations were mostly all set up by the venue staff and they did a great job.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Sarah S

Absolutely stunning facility! Reed and her staff made sure everything went off as planned. I couldn't have asked for anything better. Our guests our still raving about the food and the beauty of the venue.

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Gabriella L

The mansion is one of the Bay Area's best kept secrets. The mansion is very well kept by its owner Reed. New things get added every year to keep up with the trends. When you have your wedding here, you get full access to the grounds and the mansion. Our photos came out amazing... Read More because of the beauty of this place. Reed made sure everything ran smoothly and really allowed me to be as picky as I wanted. Her staff were all punctual,professional and well trained. People can't stop talking about our wedding. How seamless and effortless it looked, the beauty of the mansion,and the amazing JSM caterer. The weather during the Friday of Labor Day weekend was perfect. September is an absolutely gorgeous weather month to get married at this venue . I highly recommend having your wedding at JSM. Their attention to detail will show in your pictures and video and you'll be stress free knowing Reed has your back. JSM thank you for making our special day truly memorable. Answering every email promptly and working with us on our vision. We can't say enough great things about this place. We will cherish these memories for ever. We are grateful. Love, The Kazevra's

Fabulous place

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Deanna W

My daughter's wedding was recently held at Jefferson Street Mansion. It was perfection. The venue is gorgeous, the staff is professional, polite and efficient, food was wonderful (many people said the best they had ever had at a wedding), the whole event went off without any... Read More problems. Renee, the concierge, throughout the whole process from first appoint to tour the mansion to the end of the event was always responsive, very helpful, connecting and professional. As the mother of the bride it was wonderful to be able to come and just enjoy. Her staff did all the setting up of everything and took down and packed it all after. We did and have continued to receive many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, the delicious food and drinks, and how well it all flowed. It was a truly magical experience.

The Perfect Place

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 Tammi B

The Jefferson Street Mansion was a perfect little gem we found. We originally thought getting married in Benecia wasn't going to be elegant or beautiful enough. We were wrong!!!! The mansion was the perfect spot and was gorgeous. All of our 260 guests said they were blown... Read More away by the mansion and fell in love with it. I can not recommend this place enough!!!!

The Perfect House!!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2011 Tammi B

Gorgeous and Incredible Staff!

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Christine D

My husband and I were married at JSM on July 17, 2010. Everything was perfect... the mansion selects fantastic vendors and they also make sure that the vendors coordinate with one another so that everything runs smoothly on the day of the wedding and throughout the planning... Read More process. Our guests all said that our wedding was the most fun wedding that they had ever been to and we had a blast! Reed and Renee, the owner and coordinator, were so friendly and did everything they could to make the planning easy and stress-free. I would recommend this vendor to anyone who wants to enjoy their wedding day and celebrate without having to worry about anything on the day of the wedding... except saying "I do" :)

Jefferson Street Mansion, The best!

Reviewed on 10/07/2010 Leslie C

I got married on September 18th 2010. From the moment I stepped into the mansion I knew it was perfect! The staff was so amazing and supportive throughout the entire process. They are so helpful and they do anything you need. They put a brides mind at ease by not "sweating the... Read More small stuff" because you know they have already thought of it! The guest count was approx 150 and the whole day went off perfectly! There were no problems at all, and If there was I did not know about it. That's the way it's supposed to be. They even recomended vendors to me that are familiar with the venue and that made the day go alot smoother to. I could not ask for a better wedding coordinator. Renee is amazing!