Wedgewood Weddings | Sequoia Mansion

Placerville, CA

Book Your Wedding with Wedgewood Weddings | Sequoia Mansion

A BALLROOM IN PLACERVILLE, CA

Located in the small town of Placerville, California, the Wedgewood Sequoia Mansion is a gorgeous combination of vintage looks, luxury offerings and intimate spaces. Built in 1853, this beautiful 16-room old Victorian-style mansion is complete with a lily pond, an authentic curved staircase and a wine cellar. As part of the largest full-service wedding and banquet chain in the United States, providing over 30 years of award-winning value, service and convenience, the Wedgewood Sequoia Mansion is sure to go above and beyond your expectations.

The Wedgewood Sequoia Mansion is well-known for its versatility. With both indoor and outdoor venues each able to accommodate up to 250 guests, even the most modern couple is sure to be amazed once they step foot inside the rich red velvet bridal room overlooking the entire front terrace. Intricate architectural structures and design details, including a wraparound porch and a multi-gabled roof, set this venue apart. The following spaces are options for ceremonies and receptions on the property.

Victoria Hall. This chapel-like space complete with a veranda overlooking the lush garden greenery provides an intimate setting ideal for a smaller guest list.

The Nello Olivo Wine Cellar. Fitting only a few guests, the Nello Olivo Wine Cellar is both intimate and romantic, making this a popular rehearsal dinner venue. Located in the basement of the mansion, this space also serves as cozy mingling spot for cocktails.

The Empire Ballroom. Finished with hardwood floors and eight glass-and-brass chandeliers, this elegant ballroom is sure to leave you feeling like royalty. Complete with open-beam ceilings, a hardwood dance floor and a draped stage, this setting is a wise fit for many receptions or guests who want to dance the night away in style.

Lily Pond. This space is an intimately remote and enchanting setting for exchanging vows in the great outdoors. With the Sequoia Mansion in the visible horizon, this is a go-to spot for couples who wish for a lush, expansively green ceremony.

The Wedgewood Sequoia Mansion offers five all-inclusive wedding packages priced at per-guest rates. Each package can be customized to suit the individual needs and desires of each couple. A wedding coordinator is also devoted to helping you stay on budget and save time by guiding and executing the entire process for you. Preferred vendor lists are available for those looking for a little more direction.

The Sequoia Mansion is available year round from 7 a.m. until 12 a.m. each day. A $595 flat fee is charged for each wedding ceremony held at the facilities. While food and beverage catering must be provided by the venue, outside vendors are allowed for any additional wishes you may have, at no additional charge.

The Wedgewood Sequoia Mansion is dedicated to turning your dreams into realities, whatever your budget may be. To help you stay on track, staff members offer a free online wedding calculator tool to give couples an accurate estimate of the costs associated with their day. Other amenities provided for couples help ensure the decorations look their best and the event goes off without a hitch.

• Enhanced lighting
  • Full-length linens
  • Coordination services
  • Upgraded appetizers
  • Chair covers or sashes
  • $500 of the down payment towards bar services

Discover your perfect fit.

Positioned on stunningly beautiful grounds and filled with magnificent historical Victorian details, Wedgewood Weddings | Sequoia Mansion is a charming and unique place to say “I do.” It is truly a destination, a refuge from the ordinary, where anything is possible and every event makes cherished memories. Ask about our Winter Wonderland Booking Special and save up to $1,500 on your wedding day! BOOKED couples! Get exclusive savings on all your wedding day essentials with Bliss Benefits!

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

643 Bee Street, Placerville, CA (866) 966-3009
PINTEREST

All I could ask for

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Danielle S

This place was amazing. The whole day went very smooth from the second we got there to the time we left. The event coordinator I had that day and the staff were very attentive and always made sure I was doing ok and had everything I needed. They have different packages you can... Read More choose from depending on services and amenities that you want or need and helped work around our budget. We had about 105 guests and the ceremony was outside on the patio. I thought it was very well spaced, people didn't seemed too crowded. The reception was inside the ballroom and everything looked so pretty. Our main dishes were chicken and fish with a lot of side salads and vegetable options, everything tasted very good. All of our guests have said it was one of the nicest weddings they had been to and they had a lot of fun. So thank you Wedgewood banquet at sequoia mansion for making our day so memorable and amazing. It was all we asked for and more!

Wonderful All-inclusive Venue

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Samantha K

Sequoia Mansion is a beautiful venue to be married in. The vintage victorian home, wooden bar space, large ballroom, and lovely parlor space is romantic and spacious. I also loved the recently updated bridal party space where we all got ready. The ladies at the venue are amazing... Read More as well, I was grateful to get to work with Emily and Megan throughout the process. They always responding quickly to emailed questions.They went over everything with us before the big day and were just as excited about all the personal touches I wanted included as I was. On the day of I had everyone in the bridal party come early to help set up the decorations I brought, but Emily and Megan had already beat us to it. I didn't have to worry about anything but relaxing, having fun, and getting emotional on my big day. It was truly the best day ever and I couldn't have done it without the ladies at the Sequoia Mansion.

Silva Wedding

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Darlene s

This venue is absoluly beautiful. I recived alot of complements of the Sequoia mansion at my wedding, Ther service was great! Food was also very good

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 leasha w

Love this place so far

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Taylor E

They have been so overwhelmingly, positively, helpful. The staff know how to make this a stress-free and fun (as it should be). The venue is BEAUTIFUL and meets both my (soon to be) husband's and I's characters. The vendors they provide are awesome and so nice, they are local to... Read More the venue so it's awesome that local businesses are getting their business.

My dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Rebecca M

The Wedgewood team at Sequoia Mansion in Placerville was fantastic! When we initially went in for a consultation Meghan did a great job of showing us what all our options were. She helped us narrow down the services that were most important to us, so we could keep the cost... Read More within our budget. We honestly thought we wouldn't be able to afford using them as our ceremony and reception site, but her expertise made it possible for us. Throughout the wedding planning process they were instrumental in helping us get everything set. It was wonderful to have them available throughout the process. Whenever I had questions they were there to help. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. As the bride, I felt taken care of and confident that they would carry out everything I had planned for the big day. They also went above and beyond in several instances, like doing a champagne/cider toast that we hadn't planned on initially. Overall a beautiful location, great service, and kind, helpful staff. If you're looking for a location with beautiful historic charm and a company that will take care of everything this is the place to go! Highly recommended!!

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/01/2015 Kryssi S

Wedgewood Sequoia Mansion allowed me to have my dream wedding without breaking my bank. They worked with us on everything to make a package that catered to our needs and allowed us to save so much money. We were initially planning for a Saturday in October, but we were informed... Read More that by switching to a Sunday in November we would save $4000 AND winter promotions would begin for us. We ended up getting so many upgrades I didn't even expect to get and it was worth every penny. Not only do they do all the set up and break down, we also had our DJ (Steve Boutte, who was absolutely fantastic) included in our package, as well as our delicious food, plus the service we received from our banquet captain Vanessa was above and beyond. As with any fall wedding, we had to prepare for the chance of rain. It did end up raining on the big day but they had a plan B set in place for me so I didn't have to worry about a thing! I highly recommend this beautiful venue to anyone and everyone! Thank you for making my wedding day truly amazing.

Excellent Service & Great Value!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2013 Shanna G

My husband and I got married here at the end of April and I would absolutely recommend Wedgewood at Sequoia Mansion to any bride looking for a stress-free beautiful wedding day. After searching for a venue for a couple of months & getting fed up with the outrageous pricing,... Read More sub-par staff, and over-bearing wedding coordinators; we stumbled upon Wedgewood’s website. The pictures on the site do not do this place justice!! It is only about 45 minutes from Sacramento so I definitely suggest making the drive to see the place in person. From the first time we visited the venue, we were in awe with the beauty of it. The place is gorgeous & has such an elegant feel to it! My husband immediately fell in love with the bar’s dark wood cabinets and granite bar tops. At our first appointment, we were given a tour of the venue and then sat down with Jacqui in the sales office to go over pricing. We gave her our modest budget & she was VERY respectful of it, never tried to up-sell us on anything like other venues had done. She even suggested ways we could save money. Wedgewood has put together several base packages that are completely customizable to your tastes. Jacqui was very patient and went through all of the details of the package, adding some services & removing others until we were satisfied with what we were getting for our money. I would definitely recommend going with their preferred vendors – they are the best of the best & work great together to ensure your day runs smoothly. (Lisa Richmond Photography, Camino Flower Shop, Chad Stalzer Productions, and Sugar & Spice Bakery) Throughout the planning process, the ladies in the office were quick to answer any questions I had & stayed on top of every aspect of our big day. When I arrived at Sequoia on our wedding day, the staff had everything set up exactly how I’d requested. Vanessa, our banquet captain, made sure to introduce herself first thing and let me know that she was available for anything we needed. While getting dressed, we were treated to complimentary champagne & a fruit and cheese platter. The entire staff was very attentive throughout the entire night, making sure we had everything we needed & really treated us like royalty. I have heard nothing but good things from our guests. Everybody really enjoyed themselves and my guests can’t stop gushing about how beautiful the place was!

LOVEDDDDD

Reviewed on 8/21/2012 Elisabeth B

I absolutely loved being a Wedgewood bride! The planners there are fantastic. The location is beautiful, especially for wedding pictures. For the price we paid, I feel that we got ALOT more! I would change nothing about it.