Welfare Cafe & Goat Barn

Welfare, TX

Book Your Wedding with Welfare Cafe & Goat Barn

A BALLROOM IN WELFARE, TX

Located in the heart of "Texas Hill Country," the Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn is a charming, rustic venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn is situated just 30 minutes outside of San Antonio in Welfare, Texas, making it easily accessible for out-of-town guests. The event team prides itself in being able to host a variety of different events and themes. This venue offers a number of different indoor and outdoor spaces for couples to choose from and can accommodate anywhere from 10 to 150 guests.

Goat Barn. This renovated, 1890s barn provides a unique country setting for your ceremony or reception. With reclaimed wood walls, two bars and a full, modern kitchen, you and your guests will never believe that goats ever called this space home. The ground floor has vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors, as well as a full stage. Upstairs is a private loft area, complete with a wraparound couch and one of the fully functioning bars. The Goat Barn also includes access to a covered porch area for guests to enjoy the fresh air.

Outdoor Spaces. The Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn offers a number of different outdoor spaces for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Couples wanting open-air entertainment can make use of the outdoor stage area and connected limestone patio. The property's 400-year-old oak tree is also a popular ceremony site, which offers plenty of natural shade and scenic views. Other outdoor sites include the Old Spanish Goat Trail and a secluded hollow beside the property's creek.

The wedding team at Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn seeks to satisfy the unique needs of every couple. They will work with you to help plan and implement every last detail of your event.

The Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn offers full catering services to couples who rent the venue. However, outside catering is allowed. The culinary team at Welfare Cafe specializes in traditional American and German fare with entrees including, pan seared beef tenderloin, slow-smoked pork shank and braised beef cheeks with spatzle. Couples can select from a range of hors d'oeuvres and sit-down dining options.

All tables, chairs and linens are provided by the venue. Audiovisual equipment is also available on-site. The wedding team at Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn can assist couples in selecting outside vendors for flowers, entertainment, cake and other services.

Hosting your wedding at Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn also comes with a couple of extra perks:

• Special bridal quarters available in the Hofner Room
  • Access to Beer Garden available

Where love, history & nature come together

The magnificently reclaimed barn wood walls of the historic Welfare Goat Barn bring to life all the romance and splendor of the Texas Hill Country for an unforgettable reception. The 400 year old oak tree is the perfect backdrop for your vows. Personalized attention to every facet of your special day and farm-to-table fresh catering is our forte.

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Estate, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

223 Waring Welfare Road, Welfare, TX (210) 884-4616

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Nevada H

Absolutely perfect! When I started to research wedding venues I could not find one that could accommodate the style of wedding we wanted for our budget. I felt defeated by venues that only allowed you 8 hours and had a list of 50 rules. Everything from no sparklers, to must use... Read More vendor lists. I was afraid I'd never find a beautiful and reasonable venue. After searching high and low I happened upon the Welfare Cafe and Goat Barn by accident. I knew before I even went to see the venue in person that it was the place I wanted to get married. How Welfare Cafe exceeds all other hill country venues in the area: Price For the price you get 24 hours. YES. I said 24 hours of the venue. You will not have to rush to the venue right before the wedding to set up. The owner allowed us to arrive when we preferred on the wedding day. Most venues allow you to only have 8 hours and if you need more you have to pay more. Not with Welfare. Flexibility: Gaby the owner was extremely flexible with our needs. She allowed us to do a pre-set up and store decorations at the venue the day before. While this may not always be available (she may have other events booked!) It was great to work with someone who was willing to be flexible and help us create an amazing evening. She also allowed us to use the venue for our engagement photos for no additional charge. I challenge you to find a similar venue. We were also able to rehearse the evening before! Design: The design and layout of the venue makes it easy to decorate and you will also save money on decorating. The cafe has it's own style already. Minimal additions required. Inclusive: The tables, chairs, ceremony chairs, and other items were provided for our use. No rental fees required! No Vendor List: While Welfare Cafe does have a vendor list for recommendations, you are NOT required to use them. You are free to have whichever fully insured vendors you choose to create your wedding. Food: Gaby the owner is a chef and there is a reason the venue has a cafe. I 100% recommend using Welfare Cafe to cater your event. My guests are still raving about the food stating they have never had wedding food as good as ours. Welfare Cafe's food is so good that for the year and half leading up to our wedding my fiance and I went to dinner several times just to enjoy it before our wedding. We plan on visting the cafe in the future. We are sure to have cravings! Gaby was extremely flexible with the menu and was able to accommodate food allergies and dietary needs. The pricing was very fair and plus it is made right at the venue! She was also able to create items that were not on her menu. Also can I say, FRESH FOOD! You do not have to deal with food being created hours ahead of time and then being re-heated. If you're thinking about Welfare Cafe, I encourage you to consider the food options. Atmosphere: Like something out of a fairy tale. The decor, landscaping and hill country atmosphere was perfect on the day of our wedding. Fireflies and a harvest moon even peeked out during the night. Dancing under the lights on the stone patio was unforgettable. For the price, flexibility, atmosphere and food you cannot find a better venue. Gaby was consistently one of our best vendors to work with and she went above and beyond to make sure we had the best day possible. Her advice and care truly made our day amazing!

Reviewed on 1/15/2016 Anna S

Beautiful venue but BUYER BEWARE The beautiful location was the reason we chose this venue. The rustic goat barn quaint and needed little decoration. But from day one the owner was unaccommodating. She seemed uninterested in helping us in any way. -She overbooked us... Read More and was unapologetic about making us switch dates. -She told us we could not provide our own liquor but we called the insurance agency and was told we just had to have proper insurance. We were then able to proceed with the bar as planned. - Raised the prices on the food mid-way through the contract. - Basically made my Mom clean up even though we paid 200$ for the owner to clean. (making my mom cry) -The owner explained that the Sheriff's department requires security at all weddings but when we called the Sheriff's office they said it was the owner's own policy and they were not required to be there. - For set up, we basically let ourselves in and couldn't find the light switch which was way back in the kitchen to set up the day before the wedding. The only silver lining if you are to use Welfare Cafe as your venue is that they hired a new event coordinator. Unfortunately, for me, she was all set to be at the wedding and confirmed she would be there the entire time to make sure everything went smoothly. One week before the wedding she calls to tell me she is going to California for vacation on my wedding date. .. I do believe she would be good to work with besides this incident.

Beautiful

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Lacey H

Amazing venue! Very rustic and beautiful! Gaby and her staff are great and always there when you need them!