Is this your business? claim it now

West Point Tours Inc.

Highland Falls, NY

Wedding

Shuttle Service, Transportation

415 Main St, Highland Falls, NY (845) 446-4724

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Frank S

I can't say much as to the experience of the bus ride/service but none of my guests complained. They thought the school bus with AC was pretty cool/different (and obviously cheaper than a normal coach bus!) However, in terms of planning the multiple stops and times for pickups... Read More and dropoffs, they were very responsive! everyone got to their location and they were on time even though there was expected to be traffic due to multiple college graduations and it being memorial day! would highly recommend as they are fairly priced and reliable versus others in the area

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Jessica C

Phenomenal experience on our wedding day. We got married on Sunday, October 15, 2017 at Red Maple Vineyard in the Hudson Valley. We booked 2 school buses through Julie at West Point Tours to pick up our guests at Courtyard Poughkeepsie and Hampton Inn New Paltz, to transport... Read More them to and from Red Maple Vineyard. Julie was very helpful in assisting us to figure out what times the buses needed to arrive and depart, and was very patient with how many changes I made to the schedule. We also mailed in 2 bus signs to be placed on both school buses to help guests find which bus to take. I asked if we needed to provide directions to the drivers, and Julie assured me that West Point Tours knew where the venue was and had been to these hotels before. Julie sent us the names and cell phones of both drivers, which we gave to our bus captains. On the day of the wedding everything went so smoothly and as promised. The drivers were was on time, the signs were on the buses, and it was a terrific experience. We almost booked a transportation coordinator, and it saved us about $1,000 to just book the buses and create the schedule ourselves. So glad we did! The school buses worked great, but if you have a long ride, their coach buses were also quite affordable. Highly recommend Julie and West Point Tours.

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Lindsay K

Transportation can be logistically complicated, and I really wish that we had a better experience with West Point Tours, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They were available on our date and one of the lowest prices available, and had worked at our venue (Red Maple... Read More Vineyard) before, so we felt comfortable that they'd know what they were doing. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We had the buses pick up from 2 hotels, both on Route 9, and the bus drivers didn't know where they were going and couldn't make a U-Turn on 9 to go North towards our venue. They kept pulling into random parking lots and attempting to turn, only to continue on and repeat. Our guests had to get up to the front and help them navigate. Ultimately what should have been a 20 minute trip to the venue took 1 HOUR (!!!), which set our ceremony behind schedule–we were ready at the venue, but none of our guests were there! The bus driver told someone it was their first day on the job–not what we were expecting at all. When it came time to leave, one of the bus drivers left with only ~5 people on the bus, before our sparkler sendoff had even completed. (The driver received explicit instructions from us/the venue to wait). Since that bus had left, my husband's father had to go outside and find the 2nd bus to pull around, and the driver was ASLEEP! While the price was cheaper, I suppose you get what you pay for. We had communicated with the staff very clearly ahead of time, and we're really disappointed with how transportation went on our wedding day, especially since everything else went so smoothly. I would not recommend booking them, and I'd advise West Point Tours to take this feedback into serious consideration.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Meredith V

West Point tours was awesome. We booked them through our Crowne Plaza room block to shuttle our guest to and from the hotel and the venue. The buses were clean, and very spacious. We opted for the ones with the bathrooms because we had a slightly longer commute than most.... Read More They were easy to work with, and arrived on time! really hit all the marks that we were looking for.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Rebecca H

I found this to be the most challenging piece to coordinate and West Point Tours was so responsive and flexible throughout the process. We needed to change the times and locations of our drop off/pick up a few times and they were so helpful in scheduling and confirming my... Read More details. I was also nervous about traffic and the buses showing up at the specific locations on time, but everything worked out great and the drivers were so nice. We rented two 55 passenger buses and one 23 passenger bus and I found them to be the most affordable in the area. Would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Caroline H

Great company to work with. I heard horror stories from brides on other transportation companies, but I always received prompt replies to all communication leading up to the wedding, and everything with our shuttles went smoothly.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Enjoli D

Great to work with and made transportation for guests very easy for our wedding!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Erin S

We used West Point Tours for shuttle transportation to/from the hotel and wedding reception. They were a recommended transportation company from the hotel we used and we were not disappointed! We opted for three schools buses as shuttle buses for a more cost effective option but... Read More also to pay homage to the fact that we were high school sweethearts. The drivers were on time, professional and easy to work with. I worked with Margaret to book the charter and she was very responsive and helpful. Overall, we had a great experience and would recommend West Point Tours! Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016

Julie was great to work with and the driver on the day of was punctual and got our guests exactly where they needed to be when they needed to be there! Would highly recommend.

Don't use them!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Monica H

Our contract stated to stop at two hotels, but they only picked up from one hotel! Guests were left stranded and had to drive to our venue. The customer service after was equally terrible. They had no sympathy for the embarrassment and stress this caused. I wouldn't recommend... Read More any couple use them, I wouldn't want anyone to feel how we felt.

Difficult

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Stephanie W

We booked 2 shuttle school buses for our guests to travel to and from the hotel to the venue as well as a leather tour bus for the bridal party and immediate family. All the vehicles were in working order and were clean. They were very difficult to communicate with... Read More throughout the booking process. They rarely returned calls, emails or inquiries through their website. After getting frustrated, I had the Groom start to reach out to them as well. Their contracts and booking process was more difficult then it needed to be. The day of the event guests were left behind at the hotel and we couldn't find the parked buses to send them back. We were forced to get cabs to gather guests. No apology from the vendor.

great company

Reviewed on 1/01/2015 Janet A

I used this company to shuttle guests to and from the hotel. The bus was on time and provided a safe ride for our guests to attend the wedding. The staff was wonderful and easy to work with. Great company.

Great service, well worth it!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Alison G

West Point Tours did an excellent job providing transportation for our guests to and from our wedding reception. The bus was very punctual and the driver was equally pleasant. Additionally, the school bus added a neat ambience that made the reception more fun, and our guests... Read More really appreciated the service. We highly recommend using West Point Tours if you require a bus service for your guests!

Great!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Yevgeniya B

We used West Point Tours to rent 2 buses to shuttle our guests from the venue back to the hotel. One of the buses was a handicap accessible van. They really listened to what we needed and wanted and came up with options. The guests were very happy with this service.

Great Service

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Andrea B

We booked a school bus from West Point Tours to take guests to and from the hotel to the wedding venue. The booking process was very easy and they were quick to answer any questions. All of my guests who took the bus were very happy with the driver and service.

A Little Pricey, but Worth It!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Taylor

It was nearly $1,000 to rent a 23-passenger van with a driver for my wedding day, and it was worth every penny. The driver was on time to every place we needed him and the van was in excellent condition. I was so pleased with the transportation services this company provided on... Read More my big day!

Good work

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Amy H

This is the company we used to charter buses for our guests. My contact at the company, Margaret was easy to work with and great with responding. We used 2 separate buses and changed the schedule for both buses a couple times with no problems. On the day of our wedding... Read More (from what guests tell me) the buses were on time and clean. Drivers were good. One of our buses was going back to the Garrsion train station to get the guests to a Metro North train back to the city. It was a bit of a fast turn around and they did a great job. We also got our deposit back the day after the wedding, which was much appreciated.

On time, clean, the way to go

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Allie Hastings H

We used West Point Tours for private chartered tours for our guests a day before the wedding. They also did transportation from hotels to our wedding venues. They were on time and the buses were clean. The tour guides did a great job handling a large group.

Great!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2012 Nicole R

They did great! My dad works for them so he took care of everything for me! Very clean and have different size buses! We chose a mini coach bus which fits about 22 people! It worked out great and was much more comfy than a limo! Very affordable!

Shuttle Bus

Reviewed on 8/18/2012 Melody C

Just three weeks before my wedding I realized the shuttle I booked with another company wasnt big enough for all my guests. I called West Point Tours and they gave me a great price and were able to help me right away. I had to leave a message the first time I called and they... Read More called me back promptly and were very pleasant on the phone. Call them first before you call others if you want professional and courteous attention.

Review for West Point Tours

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kathy M

We hired a bus for our out of town guests and the groomsmen to go from the hotel to the ceremony/reception site and back. The rest of the bridal party hopped on the bus for the return trip. They offered the best price and they provided excellent service. Very patient driver... Read More dealing with my drunken guests!

Rating for West Point Tours

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lynn G

Review for West Point Tours

Reviewed on 9/17/2007 Erica W

Our driver was Miranda and she was great- on time, took us wherever we wanted, picked extra people up on another run, and put up with all of us while we were drunk. We used our bus as transportation to pictures for the bridal party, from pics to the ceremony and then they went... Read More back to pick up guests at the hotel.