Westin Chicago Northwest

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Nick C

We had our wedding in the Lakeside Pavilion in April 2016. Everything went PERFECTLY. It was a fairytale wedding. We did not have too many decorations/lighting simply because the pavilion just did not need much to be GORGEOUS. It was the perfect venue because I was planning the... Read More wedding from out of town, and the Westin was all-inclusive - providing appetizers, meals, drinks, and the cake! And like I said, the Pavilion is already so beautiful, I didn't have to worry too much about decorations! I worked closely with Amanda, who was incredibly sweet and accommodating. I was a little worried initially because Amanda had just started working there as the new wedding coordinator, but she proved to be wonderful at her job. She answered all of our questions promptly (even up to the day of the wedding!), and checked on us several times during our wedding to make sure everything was going well! The rest of the staff here was just SUPERB. The bartender came up to our sweetheart table to get us personalized drinks because we didn't have time to get to the bar. The wait staff kept our food warm so that we could eat it later. The late night food was a big hit! All of the food was AMAZING. All of our guests keep raving about the food.. one guest said that it was the "best steak he had ever had". Then, after we had been dancing until midnight, we went up to our rooms exhausted, and there, in our complimentary suite, was a bottle of champagne and macarons waiting for us. So sweet! Not to mention our suite had the most gorgeous view! We also bought brunch tickets for our guests the next morning at Shula's, and the food there was spectacular as well. Overall, I would recommend this venue HIGHLY. It's GORGEOUS, and the staff is AMAZING! :) Well worth the cost.

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Tiffany B

Aileen McKellar is amazing. She is so much fun, but also made sure every detail was covered. She was always available via email and over the phone to answer all of the questions we had along the way. She was very flexible when it came to custom changes and checked in with us... Read More several times along the way to make sure everything was evolving the way we wanted it to. She was up front with us about pricing and had us on a payment system to make sure we weren’t overwhelmed. Every member of the staff we encountered was so nice, helpful and professional. We never worried for a second about anything going wrong. We were in such capable hands. Our wedding day was perfect, despite the morning storms. They had contingency plans for everything. We received so many compliments about how good the food was, how satisfying the drinks were and how accommodating the hotel was. We had the perfect day. Aileen and The Westin made that happen! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Kimberly S

My husband and I used the Westin for our ceremony (which was outside) and reception on June 5, 2016. We were sold on the venue once we had a tour in late fall. The Westin's vendor showcase was really helpful in finding our officiant and DJ, both of which we were thrilled with.... Read More The Westin was easy to work with and very accommodating. Sheree handled our event and she was very responsive via email to both my husband and me. Guests said the food was good, that they had plenty to drink and had a fun time at our wedding. The Westin was also accommodating with the appetizers. They let us bring in a third party vendor for some Indian appetizers and gave us no hassle about it. Overall, the day was a huge success and our family and friends have been telling us how much fun they had. Special mention to Maria who helped at our tasting and our wedding day--she's so kind! And to Josh at the front desk who helped us throughout the wedding weekend troubleshoot any hiccups that came up.

Reviewed on 11/28/2016

When planning wedding the location for the reception is one of the first major decisions to be made. Choosing the Westin Chicago Northwest should be high on your list. Our event was held 11/12 in the Lakeside Pavilion and we could not have been more please with how everything... Read More went. From our very first meeting, through the Sunday morning brunch, our primary contact Amanda was amazing. She listened to everything we wanted, followed up on all our questions and made some exceptional suggestions. As a result, everything was ran smoothly and was beautifully done. The food at the tasting wonderful - the only issue being that everything tasted so good it was hard decide what to eliminate. We were certain what we finally choose would be good at the reception, but expected that it would not be as good as the tasting - it is easier to make great food for 6 people than it is for 250. We were pleasantly surprised that the food at the reception was as good if not better than at the tasting. Our guests raved about their dinner, the service and especially about the mini cheese burgers served as a late night snack. I was concerned that having the party in the Pavilion would be like having it in a giant balloon, but the room was beautiful, the temperature was well maintained and the separation from the main part of the building provided a feeling of both privacy and intimacy that was extremely comfortable. We had a wonderful suite where we invited many of our guests to stop by between the wedding and the reception (there was a three hour break so the kids could spend time going to different locations for pictures). At one time we had more than 25 people milling around and there was still room to spare. When we came back from the reception, the trash we had set out had been collected. A number of our guests stayed he night and everyone we have spoken with said their room was very comfortable and they had gotten a good night's rest. We decided to have a Sunday brunch for the people that had stayed in the hotel. We were give a discounted rate on the prepaid tickets and the hotel set up a reserved space for our guests close to the buffet. It was a wonderful place to sit, talk and say our final farewells all while enjoying a generous selection of food and a very attentive wait staff. We could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. Everyone we worked with at the Westin made us feel like we were their most important customer and that our happiness was their highest consideration. I would strongly recommend this location if you want to have an event to remember (for all the right things)!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Abby K

I highly recommend the Westing Chicago Northwest in Itasca for weddings! I had my picture perfect wedding November 12, 2016 there in the grand ballroom. From our first meeting, we were impressed with the bright and elegant atrium lobby. Amanda, our wedding coordinator was... Read More helpful and thorough. Throughout the planning process she was available to answer questions and accommodate all requests. The atrium was perfect for a classy cocktail hour, the ballroom was a beautiful space for our reception and the rooms were newly updated and comfortable for all of our guests. The food was amazing - so many choices to offer guests, all of them delicious! The night of the wedding, the Westin staff made sure we had everything we needed at a moments notice. The reception went smoothly and the staff was professional at all times. I highly recommend the Westin Chicago Northwest in Itasca for a wedding. We received so many compliments from our guests and I couldn't be happier with how the entire process went!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Holly L

Words can't describe how glad we are that we had our wedding at this venue! Aileen was so helpful and did everything to make sure our day was a special one! The staff was incredible and made sure or whole wedding party was taken care of all night. We had only compliments from... Read More our guests about how beautiful the tent was and how AWESOME the food was! I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone! Thanks again for making our wedding day incredible!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Matthew W

My wife and I had our wedding and reception here on August 13th of 2016. We had the ceremony outdoors, and the reception was in the tent. It was so beautiful. It was the perfect backdrop to our special day. Amanda helped us along every step of the way and easily handled the... Read More dozens of changes we made along the way. The entire hotel staff was polite and well dressed. The food is outstanding. The cotton candy bar was a complete hit! All of our guests were pleased and have had endless compliments on how fun and scenic the entire day was. Getting married was the most stress we have ever had to deal with, but this venue in no way added to that, and only made numerous steps along the way easier for us!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Lisa W

We had our wedding in July 2016, and everything went exceptionally well. Amanda did an incredible job with our accommodations and early frustrations with specific things we wanted. They accommodated the exact bar package we were looking for, and went above and beyond on the... Read More day of. We had a hiccup with some of our guests and booking hotel rooms, but the hotel took care of things. Also, the amount of compliments we received on the food was overwhelming but it made my family very happy. The tent was set up with so much beauty that is was honestly breathtaking walking into it. What makes it so great, is that our guest and my husband and I are still talking about our wedding over 3 months later, and we hope that continues to happen. I would recommend anyone to have their wedding in the Pavilion at the Westin and also to work with Amanda!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jennifer M

We had our wedding reception in August 2016. Everything was PERFECT! From the outside cocktail hour with beautiful scenery to our wedding reception in the gorgeous lakeside pavilion it is truly a beautiful venue! Our wedding coordinator Sheree did an amazing job. She always... Read More answered our emails and questions in a timely manner. She did an outstanding job! And the steak filet was so good we actually cut it with a butter knife. We received so many compliments on how good the food was. The new updated rooms are beautiful. Our suite was so gorgeous! Thank you to the Westin Chicago Northwest for hosting our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

My wife and I had our wedding at the Westin on August 27, 2016 and it was everything we could have hoped for and more. From the day we decided to have our reception at the Westin, up until the night of and everything between, Amanda Hillock was with us every step of the way.... Read More From the 1000’s of questions we asked her, to helping us relay information to our vendors, she was very accessible throughout the planning process. On the day of, everything went off without a hitch. The venue looked amazing, the food was fantastic and the service for our open bar was professional yet fun. I would absolutely recommend anyone to have a wedding ceremony/reception at the Westin!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

We had our wedding on August 27, 2016. We were very, very happy and pleased with all that Westin did for us. Amanda Hillock was awesome. She was very professional and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend her. She addressed our concerns on a timely manner.... Read More Our wedding was simple yet very elegant; which is what I wanted. All the Westin personnel were very accommodating. They made it all happened. I was very leery with the dinner reception as their were a total of three wedding taking place. The food and the service was excellent. So many of our guests complimented the dinner course. We made the right choice when we picked this venue for our wedding. Thank you Amanda and all the Westin personnel.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kristina P

My husband and I had our reception in the Lakeside Pavilion on Sept 3rd of this year and we could not be happier with our decision to book with the Westin. Amanda was so great to work with because she made sure to answer all my questions and responded very quickly to all of my... Read More emails. We dropped off favors and things to be displayed at the reception the week of and they were all set up exactly how I wanted them to be. On the day of, everything was PERFECT from beginning to end! The hair and makeup artists requested higher chairs for the morning of, so I called down and the staff asked how many I needed and they were brought up immediately. After our ceremony we came back to the Westin for pictures and the scenery looks great in all of our pictures. When I walked into the Pavilion for the first time I was overjoyed because it looked beautiful! All of my guests are still talking about how the food was delicious from beginning to end and how they never had to wait long for a drink at the bar. The staff was also amazing every moment of the night because they were constantly asking my husband and I if we needed anything and they were bringing us drinks, so we never had to go to the bar ourselves. Another thing that I really appreciated was that the food from cocktail hour was left on the head table since the bridal party was not at the cocktail hour for too long. I highly recommend the Lakeside Pavilion if you are looking for the tented look. The way it is draped and the surrounding water and trees make it so beautiful. If I could give more than 5 stars, I definitely would. Thank you for making my wedding exactly what I had hoped it would be!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Jeremy S

Be warned!! This hotel routinely overbooks guests and at least 5 of my guests were denied rooms there the night of my wedding (Oct 1, 2016) despite making reservations months in advance. Even the parents of the groom were denied a room. The positives: Guests who were denied... Read More were offered to stay down the road in a nearby hotel. Also, we were not charged for our stay as a result of this inconvenience. IF THEY KEEP YOUR RESERVATION, the hotel is very nice. They need a better system though to ensure rooms are not overbooked.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Ashley G

I ALMOST booked my reception venue with this hotel. Working with the event staff at the Westin was TERRIBLE. After several unanswered phone calls, I sent an email and got a response 4-5 days later. We went on our tour on a a Sunday and loved the tent. We told Aileen on Monday... Read More that we wanted to book with the venue. Going forward she was impossible to get a hold of to get our questions answered and she almost didn't send us our contract in time to get the 1 week booking reward (you got an incentive to book within 7 days). I decided that to pay the high price for this hotel over other locations was not worth if the sales team wouldn't even be responsive BEFORE they had my business. We told them we were no longer booking with them and went elsewhere. I can't imagine what sort of service we would have gotten after we booked if that is how they treated prospective bride/grooms.

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

We recently had my daughters wedding in the Pavillion at the Westin! It was the perfect decision! Everyone we dealt with was very accomadating. Aileen was our coordinator and she was wonderful to work with. It seemed no request was to big, she took care of everything quickly... Read More and pleasantly. Mary Ann was the person in charge of the dining room during the wedding. She was wonderful, extremely attentive to our needs. She kept everything running smoothly. The ceremony was on the lawn with cocktails on the Terrace. It was a beautiful setting. We then moved into the Pavillion for dinner and dancing. It was described by my guests as "magical", a "fairy tale setting". We are so pleased with our decision to use the Westin, from our first encounter more than a year ago, to check out 2 days after the wedding, everyone we dealt with was very accomadating. We would highly recommend the Westin to anyone planning a wedding or other special occasions!

Reviewed on 9/06/2015 Ashley V

Our wedding was held in the lakeside pavilion, and it was breathtaking!! It was everything i ever dreamed of. We received nothing but compliments the whole night and beyond for how beautiful the venue was. I did not want the reception in a traditional banquet hall, so this... Read More was perfect. It gave that tent feeling...but more elegant and air conditioned (which was important for a July wedding) Samantha was wonderful to work with. She was very helpful and very easy to get a hold of. If she knew she was going to be out of the office, she would let me know who to contact instead. I can not thank her enough for everything she did for our special day!! It was definitely a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Kristina T

Last June my husband and I had the pleasure of using the Westin Itasca for BOTH of our weddings. We had a Hindu ceremony Friday and a Christian ceremony Saturday with one joined reception. Everything came out amazing! The planning was smooth and the Westin helped make it stress... Read More free! I would highly recommend - food, service, and location - 5 stars!!!

Samantha

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Bria S

This was the perfect place for my wedding. We were able to have the ceremony outdoors and it was beautiful. The tree and lake make a perfect setting. It was an easy transition for our guests directly into cocktail hour after the ceremony. Samantha, our wedding coordinator,... Read More was amazing. She put in a lot of hard work to ensure we had an amazing day. Every time I talked to her my stress level went down and was reassured. She also took care of all the day of details, putting out decorations, programs, and making sure we got everything back. The day was truly spectacular. Topped off with some chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our hotel room at the end of the night. It was great

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Nicole D

I would give this hotel ten stars if I could. What an awesome place. Our wedding was June 5, 2015. Samantha Bauman was our wedding coordinator and all I have to say is WOW. She is amazing. Definitely knows her stuff. If anyone is looking for a beautiful hotel, excellent customer... Read More service, and an awesome time then you need to book your wedding here. Amazing amazing amazing! Thanks, Samantha!!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Janessa B

BEAUTIFUL hotel! BEAUTIFUL tent! I worked with Samantha, she was great! They may be more expensive than other venues but it was worth it as it is a elegant venue. The up lighting in the tent is so amazing

The perfect day!

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 Ashly Y

Having our wedding at the Westin Chicago Northwest was the best decision my husband and I made throughout our entire planning process! Everyone is so hands-on and willing to help with whatever we needed. Most importantly, they were so willing to accommodate and make sure that we... Read More both were comfortable with any decision that we made. We had our wedding reception inside the pavillion, and even though it was a week ago, people are still blown away by how beautiful the venue was! Everyone here is ready to help and make anyone's wedding the best day of their life! We highly recommend!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 2/03/2015 Autumn E

I am so happy I chose to have my wedding at the Westin! I saw probably 13 different venues before we made our decision, and before we even walked in the door we knew it was THE place. First of all, it is beautiful and perfect looking and could hold our huge wedding without... Read More feeling crammed. We booked with Samantha and began the planning process. I did not have a wedding planner so at times it was stressful. However Samantha was very quick to respond to my emails/questions whenever I had any and always had AWESOME recommendations for other vendors. Besides the fact that I didn't have an actual planner, I am not a person that had "a vision" of what I always imagined my wedding day to be, so I put a lot of faith into those that were helping me. Samantha and Patti from MDM Entertainment (the vendor Samantha recommended for DJ/decor) put together the most gorgeous room!! We were in shock when we saw how gorgeous the Grand Ballroom was that day. It was awesome to have my 2 big vendors work so closely together! Besides how smoothly the night went, and how beautiful the room and hotel was, the food was outstanding!! My number one priority was the food and alcohol and the Westin did not disappoint! Overall, we had a perfect night and I would definitely recommend the Westin.

Stunning

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Jessica F

The tent at the Westin made the perfect most beautiful backdrop for our wedding. Everything from start to finish was perfect, Samantha the wedding consultant was always available and answered all my questions promptly. Samantha made our day so wonderful down to every detail. The... Read More food we choose (chicken with a cranberry stuffing and eggplant) was so good, guests continue to remark about their plates. My parents had an issue with their suite not being ready on time and it was difficult since the parents of the bride were entering people in between in their room, my father spoke with Samantha very nicely and she comped the room for the trouble. Down to every last detail our reception was the best time we ever had. All because we choose the perfect venue that happened to come with amazingly talented people who enjoy their work and care about your wedding being perfect. Thank you Samantha!

An Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 10/14/2014

When my then Fiancé and I went to go see the Westin Chicago Northwest, we were not sure that we wanted to celebrate our wedding at that location, but then we kept on thinking about it and going back and forth between the pros and cons and we are very happy that we decided to... Read More book our nuptials and reception at the Westin Chicago Northwest. Samantha and her crew were amazing... Very professional and very accommodating. They were also AWESOME... I would absolutely recommend the Westin Chicago Northwest for any wedding. Our entire family loved the accommodations...

Beautiful reception, fabulous food and cake!

Reviewed on 7/22/2014 Jennifer C

I was a guest at a wedding reception here on a recent Sunday. Two of my friends told me they had wanted to have their receptions here as well. I can understand why, as the lakeside pavilion was a beautiful location. I had actually had dinner in the tent several times before as I... Read More used to run an annual summer workshop for youth at this hotel (always a great experience). I can tell from other reviews that my former contact, Samantha, still works here, and I can attest to her exceptional customer service. I was curious as to what a reception would be like (vs. a hamburger dinner for teens) and it was fabulous. The tent, table arrangements, and sweetheart table looked beautiful, and the terrace used for cocktail hour was lovely. The service was good, the food - filet and chicken with risotto - was great, and the cake (Lovin' Oven) was among the most beautiful I've seen - and very yummy (lemon)! All in all a wonderful reception in a beautiful venue!