Westminster Hotel

Ballroom, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

550 West Mount Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ (973) 548-0040

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Brian L

I just wanted to express my overall poor experience at the hotel. First, when i booked the rooms it said there was free wifi which there was not. Upon going into the bridal suite there was no place to hang my fiance, now wife's dress. She went to the front desk and spoke with... Read More Audra and asked if she could be moved to an updated room at which point she was told nothing could be done since we had a "complementary" room which was not true. Was being charged $359 + fees a night for 2 nights.They ended bringing a stand for the dresses to be hung on. When we returned to the room after the wedding our room smelled like weed which other people who were with us also smelled. We went down to the front desk who had noone at it. Eventually, security walked up and asked us if we needed help. We explained the situation at which point he went up and check the hallway and smelled nothing. Then we told him it was in the room and not the hallway and he said that he would of smelled it in the hallway if it was in the room. He then went up with us with two other people to check it at which point they all said they smelled nothing but ended up moving us to another room at 2am. We had also booked a club level room. There are no black out curtains so dont plan on sleeping in. We were also told the bar in the hotel would be open even though it was being relaunched. Our guests went to the bar, were served and then were kicked out because they were told that we would have had to brought alcohol prior. With how much we spent on the bridal suite for 2 nights along with the amount of rooms we had booked, this is unacceptable. On top of all this we had also provided our guests breakfast vouchers that we were paying $21.95 a person for. There was no way the breakfast was worth this amount. I don't expect a 5 star breakfast but i do expect the french toast to be fully cooked as it was raw in the middle. The mini bagels they had tasted stale and the scrambled eggs were watery and fake. Before writing this review i emailed numerous people at the hotel on Sunday 7/9/17. The sales coordinator i had worked with as we'll as the GM and general customer support. It is now 7/11/17 and have recieved no response.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 michelle s

If you're thinking of going do not waste your time. I used the Westminster as a hotel for my wedding guests to stay in. We chose it by how great it was on our first visit. However- Every single other time dealing with the Westminster or going to the Westminster was nothing... Read More short of a problem. The managers were not help either. Every vendor we used for our wedding was great and we always say we were so happy to spend the money and so happy with everyone we used...... except for this hotel. If i could change one thing I would have used a different one. I would hate for another bride to deal with the annoyance we had to deal with. P

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

Very disappointed in the Westminster Hotel and had a terrible experience even though the event (at another location was fabulous). They were very difficult to work with, they constantly had names misspelled on our list, did not send confirmations to confirm number of rooms and... Read More nights to our guests, and demonstrated poor customer service prior to and during our stay. The hotel rooms are outdated but adequate; however common spaces are not well kept. The staff were rude and the staff at the adjoining hotel bar were truly a nightmare. The only negative feedback from guests the entire weekend was re the hotel. I would not recommend.

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Sy M

Our wedding had many out of town guests arriving and staying for a few days in the area. We were looking for accommodations within a reasonable budget and close enough to our venue where a shuttle service would be provided. We looked at a few options, and chose the Westminster... Read More Hotel in Livingston. Their rooms were modern, clean and spacious. Loretta worked with us on our contract and proved to be a very supportive and helpful liaison. The night of our wedding, we chose to sleep at the hotel due to a brunch being conducted in our honor in the area. We were welcomed and put at ease for the evening until we were ready to check out. Thank you guys for helping us relax on the night of our wedding.

Great Hotel!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Alyssa R

We used the Westminster for our guest room block for our wedding in October 2015. Great rooms with very reasonable prices! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Proceed with Caution! My son got married on June 12th at the Westminster Hotel. Planning a wedding is stressful enough…no one should have to endure the last minute chaos that we did. To begin, my son and daughter-in-law had three wedding coordinators – the first two were... Read More apparently fired and the third was Jennifer, the Director of Catering and Special Events. My son and daughter-in-law wanted an outdoor wedding and were told by the first two wedding coordinators how beautiful the ceremony is under the gazebo on the front lawn area of the hotel. When they originally saw the area, the trees were in bloom and there were flowers. It looked simple and lovely. They were assured that if the ceremony was held outdoors or indoors, they did not need to purchase anything additional – the ceremony area would be decorated by the Westminster and it would look beautiful. Late afternoon, the day before the wedding, my daughter-in-law dropped off some decorations and learned from Jennifer that the large, prominent tree to the right of the gazebo – where their wedding ceremony was to take place – was dead! The gazebo area was not attractive and not appropriate for a wedding ceremony. I called Jennifer to ask why we were finding out about the dead tree the day before the wedding. She said she would talk to Matthew Glazier about the situation. I then called Mr. Glazier, President of the Glazier Group who manages the special events for the Westminster, to personally discuss the problem with him. My hope was that he had vendors on call that could quickly create a lovely outdoor space for the wedding – and that the hotel would absorb the cost of this very last minute problem. The President of the Glazier Group, Matthew Glazier, was incredibly rude and obnoxious. After I explained to Mr. Glazier how his wedding coordinators had promised things that were not deliverable, instead of apologizing and trying to make good on what the hotel staff had said, Mr. Glazier became indignant saying: “I do not appreciate your accusation that my staff mislead you.” No apologies for the situation. I repeatedly asked why he was being so aggressive with me. I am an event planner by trade and I have never been so rudely addressed in all my years of planning events. I told Mr. Glazier that his reps said how beautiful the outdoor area is for a wedding ceremony and how they insisted that we didn’t need to purchase additional flowers, he replied, “They did their job. They’re supposed to sell it.” Then he continued, “You saw the area…it’s not really an outdoor wedding space.” When I suggested that we might want a floral canopy on the other side of the lawn for the ceremony. He countered, “If that’s what you want, you’ll have to find it, rent it and have your own people set it up. We won’t do that.” When I told him how upset I was to hear all of this at 5pm the night before the wedding, he arrogantly asked, “Where are you from? Are you one of those out-of-town relatives?”

Disappointment

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Emily H

We were very disappointed in the Westminster Hotel. It came recommended; however, they were very difficult to work with and made planning stressful. They proved incompetence as they constantly had names misspelled on our list, did not send confirmations to confirm number of... Read More rooms and nights to our guests, and demonstrated poor customer service prior to and during our stay. The hotel rooms were nice, clean and comfortable; however they did not have an urgency to clean the hallways or stairwells therefore, there was an unpleasant smell and dirty trays lining the hall. They made a number of errors during our stay that makes it difficult to recommend this venue to another couple.

Love the Westminster

Reviewed on 8/08/2014

We've gotten absolutely fabulous feedback on our wedding from friends and family. Hands down, everyone loved it. They said it was moving, fun, and full of joy and love. A few even said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I know that Amy Sukiennik and the hotel staff... Read More had a big hand in making it such a success.

Great wedding day

Reviewed on 6/22/2014 Crista F

We had a great experience on our wedding day... Amy was wonderful and we enjoyed not having to worry about details of the day. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is the front desk people were not as knowledgeable as they should be and we had a few minor issues prior to the... Read More day... All in All the food was great.. people are still talking about the day. Don't be surprised if more business comes your way in the form of sweet sixteen's and bat mitzvah's ... several friends are calling this the best party/wedding ever!!

The Best Day a New Couple Could ever have!!!

Reviewed on 4/20/2014

We couldn't have picked a better place to share our most memorable day! The room set up was gorgeous. The food was exceptional and the service was 1st class all the way. My wife and I were treated like a King and Queen! Having an establishment like this to host such a special... Read More occasion was such a blessing. Jennifer, the manager, had everything taken care of and made sure everything was perfect. A million thanks for giving us such a great day and most memorable event!

perfect night

Reviewed on 8/19/2013 Judi S

We had the best time at our wedding! Working with Jennifer was seamless-- she was patient, responsive and helped us make sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. The food was tasty, the cake was beautiful, and the setup was flawless. My husband and I were so... Read More grateful that we could focus on our guests and each other and not have to worry about the details of the event. I wish we could do it all over it again, and if I could, I would still choose the Westminster Hotel.

Good price clean rooms

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Heather H

They gave a wonderful price for guest accommodations after my wedding. They also provided transportation for our guest to the venue and back. The rooms were very nice and extremely clean.

My Wedding Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 6/24/2013 Katherine O

I would definitely recommend this venue for both your ceremony and reception. Everything was incredible and I can't tell you how many compliments we got on the food and desserts. We did the Venetian table and it was a huge hit with everyone later in the night. For the price... Read More you're paying, it is definitely worth it. Our bridal attendant was fantastic and Jennifer the Director of Catering was very helpful and answered all of our questions in a timely fashion.

used as a block hotel for guests

Reviewed on 11/14/2012 Kara B

Pro's: provided a shuttle pretty rooms all rooms had a couch u could stick a guest on before having to get a roll away bed indoor pool/spa complimentary pretty suite because we had enough guests staying there complimentary continental breakfast mon-fri cons: gave my now... Read More hubby a problem when he tried to check into our room and it was supposed to be complimentary-I emailed the special event staff and in the end it was taken care of 1 guest complained that their room was dirty

Great reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Mary Jane M

The reception was absolutely wonderful. My only complaint was that there was some broken glass on the dance floor but they cleaned it up fast and that my parents (who paid for the wedding) had to stand in line for drinks. Someone should have been getting them drinks.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 jessica q

THE STYLE WAS CONTEMPORARY;TAKE MORE PICTURES

Rating for The Westminster Hotel

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Alexandra Q

Reviewed on 9/04/2008 Erin G

Everything was handled so wonderful and professional from the very first day. Being in the hotel industry i know what to look for and this place toped it off with five star service attentive staff wonderful food.

Reviewed on 8/25/2007 Kelly C

The Westminster is a beautiful venue-very classy. The staff was exceptional-helped with everything and were incredible to our guests! The night of our wedding the catering manager was at our reception to make sure everything was in place-once he was confident everything was... Read More fine..he left the rest of the night to our assigned team of wonderful,friendly event staff and managers. Best of all...Our guests STILL rave about the food at the Westminster-every bite from cocktail hour to desert was Fabulous!;Don't be 'turned off' by the location-it's located on a busy road-but, once you're inside...you forget that in an INSTANT!