Whims and Joy

Minneapolis, St. Paul, Destination weddings

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Minneapolis, MN Minneapolis, St. Paul, Destination weddings (612) 361-9402

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Beth D

Sammy is wonderful! She is incredibly professional and very timely in responding to any questions I had. She made us both feel so comfortable and did a wonderful job with our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. My husband and I were so thankful that we chose her to be... Read More our photographer. She helped out so much the day of our wedding it felt like she was coordinating as well! I would recommend Whims and Joy photography to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Vee V

It's true, in a blink of an eye the day you've been planning and waiting on is behind you. All that's left are once in a lifetime memories captured in photos, that's why one of the most crucial decisions in wedding planning is choosing the right photographer, and Sammy was... Read More PHENOMENAL. We had a destination wedding on the lush island of St Lucia. We knew we wanted a photographer we could meet and speak with ahead of time. We didn't want to have to choose one on the resort that we barely had time to research. Sammy's work is beautiful, she was organized right from the beginning, and provided us with a timeline in advance. Best of all she's genuine and passionate in catering to her couples needs. I noticed that as soon as Sammy arrived to St Lucia she started scoping out the best locations taking into consideration the people, lighting, colors, and importance of the instance she was capturing. From the rehearsal dinner, to morning and night of the wedding day Sammy relentlessly ran around in 90 degree heat, leaped over ledges, and stood in bushes potentially infested with baseball size spiders, all to catch every significant moment. Most importantly she did this inconspicuously. She wasn't right in our faces, or in the way of guest, yet she captured everything. Our decision to go with Whims and Joy was further validated when in a wedding group shot with SIXTEEN people, from behind her lens, Sammy caught a thin hair binder on one of my bridesmaids that didn't fit with the shot. WOW. Her attention to detail, along with creativity, is insanely good. If you have a destination, or local, wedding you will not go wrong with Whims and Joy. We love our photos. Not only do we have beautiful professional shots, we have candid shots of pure laughter, everybody crying, bridesmaids furiously fanning me while I'm laid out on my bed in between shots when I didn't think anyone was looking, spinning, dancing, more laughing and crying, toasts, groomsmen and bridesmen drinking anything insight, she caught everything. I'm embarrassed to admit that I still get teary eyed when I flip though our photos, but that's the emotion that great wedding photos are suppose to give you. Thank you, Sammy!!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Danielle G

Whims and Joy was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! It went so smooth, stress-free, and we were happy with every single one of our pictures! Sammy went out of her way to contact us early and answer any questions we had. She was very accommodating and on top of... Read More everything. I would recommend Whims and Joy to anyone who wants to have a great photography wedding experience and have pictures to cherish for a life time! I would hire her over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Britni N

Sammy has an amazing ability of capturing wedding days. She is at the top of my list when I know that couples are searching for a photographer for their wedding day. She truly cares about her clients and does an incredible job capturing the special moments of a wedding day... Read More that can easily be overlooked. I get so excited when I know a bride has booked her because I know that they will love their photos from their wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kirstin M

My heart is so happy after just receiving our wedding photos. Sammy did such an amazing job capturing the moments we may have even missed ourselves. She is prompt, professional and one of the most genuine beings I have had the pleasure of knowing. If you are looking for someone... Read More to bring you endless joy during your special day and moments hire Sammy!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Stepheny N

AMAZING! Could not have been happier with our wedding pictures. Sammy was very easy to work with and creative. We did not give her any lists to work off of, but it was all covered. She went with the flow when we took wedding party pictures, which led to some fantastic, but... Read More hilarious pictures. Our guests also loved the pictures- which became many of their profile pictures on social media.. so you KNOW it's good stuff. Hire Sammy, she is great!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 A W

So so thankful for all the hard work and effort Sammy and Andy put into capturing our day so beautifully!! I hope the Lord continues using their talents to bless others!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Mackenzie L

We loved SAMMY! We couldn't be more happier with a photographer. Sammy was so fun, sweet and creative when we did our engagement photos AND our wedding day. We have a huge family and had a large wedding party and Sammy was so patient through all of the pictures. We gave her... Read More a list of what we really wanted for the day and all those items were checked off without her even reminding me. Sammy caught some amazing moments. We viewed our pictures for the first time and I was so impressed with her work. She is such a hard worker and we are so lucky to have had her capture our day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Holly

I wish I could review this page again. I'm seriously floored by the work Sammy has done for our wedding. She was perfect. She captured everything we could have asked for and then some. She was the calm we needed during the chaos of organizing family pictures after our ceremony... Read More and had an eye to put us exactly where we needed to be. We received our images SO quick after our wedding! She is the sweetest, most professional photographer I've been around and I seriously cannot recommend her enough. Thank you again, Sammy and Alyssa!