Whims and Joy

Minneapolis, St. Paul, Destination weddings

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Minneapolis, MN Minneapolis, St. Paul, Destination weddings (612) 361-9402

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Meg R

Sammy is extremely talented at what she does! Her pictures captured so much joy and light on our wedding day. She was very professional and personable. She got back to us quickly whenever we had any questions or requests. She was very organized and attentive, and worked around... Read More the timing of our schedule-- making our wedding day stress free. My husband and I are so incredibly happy with our wedding and engagement photos. We really enjoyed working with her, she is so fun and easy to work with. Highly recommend her! You won't regret!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Synan F

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Sammy was wonderful. She was great to work with. Pictures were amazing.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Amanda R

If you’re looking for a photographer for your wedding day, engagement shoot, or anything Whims and Joy should be your only option! Sammy is such a genuine and talented person, she made my nerves fall away when she started taking pictures at my wedding. Her professionalism and... Read More excitement for her career shine through while she’s working. The entire process of working with her, from sitting down to asking questions the first day we met, to taking awkard engagement photos with my then fiancé (which by the way Sammy was very helpful and our pictures turned out fantastic!!!), to the big day just 3 weeks ago, Sammy was wonderful. Both myself, my husband and our family and friends are beyond excited to see our photos!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Shannen D

We wish we could give Sammy more than 5 stars! We love all of our engagement and wedding photos and LOVED getting to know and spend time with Sammy. Hands down will always recommend Whims & Joy for a photographer. Sammy is so talented and captures such beautiful raw moments that... Read More will help us remember those moments forever!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Becca N

As the mother of the bride, I found Whims and Joy an absolute dream to work with! Sammy was professional, attentive and very organized! The end result…photographs that are simply stunning. When we saw them all for the first time, we were speechless! She captured the essence of... Read More the day beautifully. She found just the right setting for photographing my daughter and son-in-law and their wedding party before the ceremony. She unobtrusively took many poignant photos during the ceremony. And she took fun and memorable candid shots throughout the entire day, capturing some of the things we missed. She has a great eye and impeccable vision! I cannot recommend Whims and Joy enough!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Nicki U

Sammy was wonderful to work with! She was very helpful in talking through the sequence of the day, different ideas for photo arrangements and poses, and was always prompt in answering any questions or concerns. I would say her style is clean, elegant, soft and delicate. She... Read More captured our day perfectly and we love our photos! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Stephanie S

I am so happy and thrilled about all of my photos Sammy has done! She was so fun to work with, organized, easy going, and very creative! She not only did our engagement and wedding photos but she also took the time to help me plan out my day to make it feel less stressful. Sammy... Read More is such a genuine and kind hearted person who is an excellent photographer! Our bridal party, family members, and wedding guests all felt Sammy did a wonderful job and was very professional and made the photo sessions go very smoothly! I am so happy with all the wonderful work Sammy has done for us! She scoped out all the best spots and all the best lighting. I will definitely be referring her to everyone I know!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Jenny H

Where do I even begin... YES YES YES to Whims and Joy!! I am honestly so honored to have Sammy capture one of the most important moments in our lives. Right from the start Sammy was extremely professional yet friendly and a joy to talk to. She listened to everything that we... Read More asked for and helped us make our dream wedding come to life. Not only was Sammy a great photographer but she was also a fantastic coordinator as well! She helped us plan our whole wedding day schedule and was able to keep us on track during the wedding day. You know one is a good photographer when they can make an awkward couple look good! P.S I can't say THANK YOU enough. We love our photos and the moments you and DK were able to capture are ever so priceless. :)

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Trisha D

Sammy is a gem! Her consultation was extremely helpful. She is FAST, responsive, organized, creative and professional. My husband and I absolutely love our photos!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Beth D

Sammy is wonderful! She is incredibly professional and very timely in responding to any questions I had. She made us both feel so comfortable and did a wonderful job with our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. My husband and I were so thankful that we chose her to be... Read More our photographer. She helped out so much the day of our wedding it felt like she was coordinating as well! I would recommend Whims and Joy photography to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/26/2017 Vee V

It's true, in a blink of an eye the day you've been planning and waiting on is behind you. All that's left are once in a lifetime memories captured in photos, that's why one of the most crucial decisions in wedding planning is choosing the right photographer, and Sammy was... Read More PHENOMENAL. We had a destination wedding on the lush island of St Lucia. We knew we wanted a photographer we could meet and speak with ahead of time. We didn't want to have to choose one on the resort that we barely had time to research. Sammy's work is beautiful, she was organized right from the beginning, and provided us with a timeline in advance. Best of all she's genuine and passionate in catering to her couples needs. I noticed that as soon as Sammy arrived to St Lucia she started scoping out the best locations taking into consideration the people, lighting, colors, and importance of the instance she was capturing. From the rehearsal dinner, to morning and night of the wedding day Sammy relentlessly ran around in 90 degree heat, leaped over ledges, and stood in bushes potentially infested with baseball size spiders, all to catch every significant moment. Most importantly she did this inconspicuously. She wasn't right in our faces, or in the way of guest, yet she captured everything. Our decision to go with Whims and Joy was further validated when in a wedding group shot with SIXTEEN people, from behind her lens, Sammy caught a thin hair binder on one of my bridesmaids that didn't fit with the shot. WOW. Her attention to detail, along with creativity, is insanely good. If you have a destination, or local, wedding you will not go wrong with Whims and Joy. We love our photos. Not only do we have beautiful professional shots, we have candid shots of pure laughter, everybody crying, bridesmaids furiously fanning me while I'm laid out on my bed in between shots when I didn't think anyone was looking, spinning, dancing, more laughing and crying, toasts, groomsmen and bridesmen drinking anything insight, she caught everything. I'm embarrassed to admit that I still get teary eyed when I flip though our photos, but that's the emotion that great wedding photos are suppose to give you. Thank you, Sammy!!!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Danielle G

Whims and Joy was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! It went so smooth, stress-free, and we were happy with every single one of our pictures! Sammy went out of her way to contact us early and answer any questions we had. She was very accommodating and on top of... Read More everything. I would recommend Whims and Joy to anyone who wants to have a great photography wedding experience and have pictures to cherish for a life time! I would hire her over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Britni N

Sammy has an amazing ability of capturing wedding days. She is at the top of my list when I know that couples are searching for a photographer for their wedding day. She truly cares about her clients and does an incredible job capturing the special moments of a wedding day... Read More that can easily be overlooked. I get so excited when I know a bride has booked her because I know that they will love their photos from their wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Kirstin M

My heart is so happy after just receiving our wedding photos. Sammy did such an amazing job capturing the moments we may have even missed ourselves. She is prompt, professional and one of the most genuine beings I have had the pleasure of knowing. If you are looking for someone... Read More to bring you endless joy during your special day and moments hire Sammy!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Stepheny N

AMAZING! Could not have been happier with our wedding pictures. Sammy was very easy to work with and creative. We did not give her any lists to work off of, but it was all covered. She went with the flow when we took wedding party pictures, which led to some fantastic, but... Read More hilarious pictures. Our guests also loved the pictures- which became many of their profile pictures on social media.. so you KNOW it's good stuff. Hire Sammy, she is great!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 A W

So so thankful for all the hard work and effort Sammy and Andy put into capturing our day so beautifully!! I hope the Lord continues using their talents to bless others!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Mackenzie L

We loved SAMMY! We couldn't be more happier with a photographer. Sammy was so fun, sweet and creative when we did our engagement photos AND our wedding day. We have a huge family and had a large wedding party and Sammy was so patient through all of the pictures. We gave her... Read More a list of what we really wanted for the day and all those items were checked off without her even reminding me. Sammy caught some amazing moments. We viewed our pictures for the first time and I was so impressed with her work. She is such a hard worker and we are so lucky to have had her capture our day!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Holly

I wish I could review this page again. I'm seriously floored by the work Sammy has done for our wedding. She was perfect. She captured everything we could have asked for and then some. She was the calm we needed during the chaos of organizing family pictures after our ceremony... Read More and had an eye to put us exactly where we needed to be. We received our images SO quick after our wedding! She is the sweetest, most professional photographer I've been around and I seriously cannot recommend her enough. Thank you again, Sammy and Alyssa!