Eat Cake For Breakfast

Congratulations on the engagement! It's time to plan your wedding and the best part is eating cake! Whisk Bakery is known to grab organic, natural, bohemian, classic, and fun couples as well as true dessert lovers. Personally, I believe taste is top priority and then comes design. If this sounds like your kind of cake vision, please contact me (emailed preferred) so I can make those cake dreams come true!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Stephanie K

Carla is the greatest! Cake was definitely one of our top priorities for our wedding - Whisk was even the first vendor we booked (only after the venue and photographer)! Not only do her cakes taste AMAZING, they are gorgeous, and Carla is one of the sweetest people you'll ever... Read More meet. We were so grateful for her constant kindness and professionalism. I texted her literally days before our wedding asking for ideas to spruce up our cake table. With her help, we ended up with a beautiful table that our guests raved about. In addition, she worked with our budget carefully so we could have our dream cakes without breaking the bank. BTW: Carla's tasting session will blow your mind. None of those tiny slivers of cake on paper plates here. Her servings are huge (she even gave us to-go boxes...heheh) and the tastings are served on beautiful marble slabs. Soo much attention to detail! You will not regret booking with Whisk Bakery!

2017-10-16T17:33:54 Response from the vendor

Mrs. Stephanie...see I said Mrs!! You're married and I can't even begin to thank you! From the beginning your kindness came through the emails and meeting you was a cherry on top. You not only picked amazing flavors to taste but you did the same... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kristi P

Omg. Where do I even begin. So my husband & I literally had 5 different cake tastings searching for the perfect wedding cake because although we wanted a baker that made beautiful designs, the taste was our most important factor. Carla was our last visit and before we even tried... Read More a bite of her mouth-watering homemade baking, we instantly fell in love with her as a person. As for the cake-HOLY MOLY IT IS SO GOOD!!!! Y'all this cake.. I wish I could describe in words how good it is. We had 260 guests at our wedding and I cant even count how many people came up to me afterwards and still months later continue to rave about how good the cake was at our wedding. It is seriously the greatest cake I have ever eaten, not to mention she totally ROCKED the exact looks & styles we asked her for, she made them look exactly like the photos I brought in to her. This is a long review but this is how much I loved her & HIGHLY recommend because the second you try her cake you will NOT want to go anywhere else. She is the bomb.com. I am counting down the days until our 1 year anniversary so I can have her make me another one!! 5000 stars!!!

2017-10-31T17:10:44 Response from the vendor

Kristi!!!! I love you!! If I can put a crying happy face emoji I would, that is how I feel about this review and working with you!! You are everything and it makes me so sad our planning days are over but we shall remain... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Melony C

Carla was seriously a last minute wedding miracle/life-saver! I booked with her over the phone/email .... without even having the chance to meet her in person or do the tasting... and I was AMAZED with how beautiful & affordable of a cake she made! I was planning my wedding... Read More from outside of the Houston area, and had met my previous cake vendor during a wedding-planning visit. There was delay in getting paperwork, and eventually they upped the quote from to $1,000 which was a bit too much for my budget. 2 months before the wedding (eek... a bit last minute!), I stumbled upon Carla's page and fell in love with her simple & natural art of cake decoration. After a phone call to talk about the details, I found out how passionate Carla was about her work and she was so caring & sweet over the phone. So, even though I didn't get a chance to do the tasting, I knew she was the one to go with. Booking and planning with her while being miles away was a breeze; she was literally a quick text away! She had made the yummiest, moist hummingbird wedding cake which was the perfect shade of turquoise, with flecks of gold and Gerber daisies to match my vision. She also baked an additional I am so thankful our paths crossed, and I would highly recommend going with Carla with Whisk Bakery! You won't be upset with your choice, she is affordable, genuine and definitely has your best interest at heart.

2017-10-16T17:44:10 Response from the vendor

Melony what an adventure you had and how lucky I was to have you as my bride!! Indeed we got everything set, ready, and it looked perfect with your decorations! Like when I walked into Agave I was like WOW this is going to be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/15/2018 Tiffany N

Best bakery!

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Vivian M

Carla from Whisk Bakery was the absolute best!! From getting to meet her, going over wedding flavors, to little details of the day of.. she was perfect! She made us feel like long lost BFFs from the moment we met her! :') Not only did she help us with our wedding cake, but was... Read More able to offer us inexpensive resources of lights and candles that we used the day of and plan to use in the future! Our wedding cake was BEAUTIFUL, exactly what we had in mind and tasted delicious! Seriously, could not have been more perfect. We had leftovers the next day, but not for long since it was all gone in a short amount of time! We will definitely be going back to her in the future!! Thank you so much, Carla!! :)

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Christina B

I am so happy to give my review of Whisk Bakery. All I can say is Carla is simply amazing and her cakes and desserts are just the same! I recently got married on February the 16th and had a beautiful wedding at Agave Real. I knew from day one I wanted a dessert bar but did not... Read More know where to start! My fiance and I met Carla one Saturday morning after initially admiring the wedding she had posted on Instagram, and it was like catching up with an old friend! Carla made us feel right at home and answered all questions we had as well as gave us many options to decide upon. My favorite part was all the options Carla had for us to choose from. She assured me that she would stage my dessert bar day of and told me not to worry! I'm glad I didn't! Her work was absolutely spectacular and her helping to set up helped me enjoy my day! My guests raved about her Peanut butter choc chip flavored cake and her amazing brownies and funfetti sugar cookies! Not one left over dessert was waiting at the end of the night! I will continue to spread her name to future brides and grooms and I look forward to having her bake the next cake for any special event!!! Hugs! -

Reviewed on 3/10/2018 Meredith C

First of all, five stars is not enough for Carla. I wish I could give her a billion stars. Not only was Carla our baker for our wedding, but she also became our friend. We ended up inviting her to our wedding (and she came!!) because we couldn't imagine her not being there. She... Read More was such a special part of our day. She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. We had a large wedding and not only wanted a cake, but also an entire table of desserts. Cookies and pie and dessert cups and cupcakes and more. Which, I should point out, did not last very long at the wedding because everyone ate the desserts so fast because literally EVERYTHING was delicious. Our wedding was five months ago and I still have people texting me about our dessert table AND our cake. Carla was so easy to work with and always so upbeat and positive about the entire experience. Again I cannot imagine our wedding without her. She also worked with my maid of honor and made custom flamingo mini cupcakes for my bachelorette party a few months before the wedding! I truly mean it when I say she is forever a part of our family. Carla, thank you so much for everything. For being such a joy. For putting up with our complicated order. For being so freaking talented!! We love you. Thank you!!! And for anyone reading this looking for a baker for your wedding, look no further. I would pick Carla over anyone else any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reviewed on 3/06/2018 Laura S

Carla Navarro is as sweet as her amazing creations! Our cake table was equal parts gorgeous and delicious. Her buttercream is hands-down one of the best I have ever had, creamy and rich without being too heavy. Our dessert table was a HIT, those chocolate chip cookies flew off... Read More the table! You need this girl for your big day.

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Paloma C

You can tell by reading all of these reviews that Carla is SWEET and her cakes are YUM. Every bride on here agrees on that, including me. The only thing better than her cakes is her endearing personality and her genuine sweet spirit. Carla not only made the most delicious cake... Read More for my wedding, since meeting her, she's made a cake for every bridal shower, baby shower, and birthday party my friends, family, and I have hosted. She's family now :) It was important to us to support as many independently owned, Latino owned, small, local businesses for our wedding and for any other life event that requires cake :) So, if you're looking to do the same or just simply want a guaranteed DELICIOUS cake, look no further! This is it! Love you, Carla!

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Katie B

Carla made our wedding cake (and cupcake) experience a breeze! My husband and I are so glad we found her and worked with her for our special day on January 20th. She worked with us so well, and I've already recommended her to several friends for their events and parties. Carla... Read More is kind and easy to talk to, so for any of your possible concerns, she has you covered! She created a beautiful two-tier cake for us and two different kinds of cupcakes for our wedding. She did an amazing job!

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Sarah M

Carla was so wonderful to work with. She got our cake just perfect!! We went with a S'Mores cake for our wedding and it was just decadent. But try that lemon blueberry with the Chantilly cream... OMG!!!

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Kristen P

If you are wanting all of your guests to rave about your cake, then go with WHISK!! Carla is such a gem. Not only is she the sweetest person you will ever meet, but her cakes are the absolute best I have ever had (and I have eaten A LOT of cake). I promise you will not regret... Read More booking her. She made me 5 amazing cakes for our cake table and 2 dozen snicker doodles! Everyone was asking "who baked the cakes/cookies?!" Carla was the most pleasant wedding vendor I worked with. She was professional yet personal at the same time and I had no problems arise with her. You can not go wrong with Carla! :)

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Erin O

I LOVED the cakes Carla made for us. She completely understood our vision and made our dreams a reality. Smartest decision I’ve ever made. Very reasonable pricing and great quality. She was a pleasure to meet and work with. And for your 1 year anniversary she will send you... Read More another top piece of your cake so you don’t have to freeze the original for your first anniversary - that’s so thoughtful. We got so many compliments on the cake - the look of it and the taste. Can’t say enough good things about Whisk. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Liezl F

Carla of Whisk Bakery made both the wedding and groom's cakes for our wedding and holy cow she is amazing. To preface, I was motivated to explore more small scale bakers after a mediocre cake tasting experience with a high volume wedding/event bakery. I knew she was "the one" to... Read More bake our cakes for the wedding after one glimpse of her beautiful cakes on her website - her style was right up my alley and was sold after such a positive experience visiting with her and getting to sample her wonderfully baked cakes! I love that she puts her passion and joy into baking and it definitely shows in all the pieces she does. I look forward to going to her to all our future events, and I sing her praises to anyone who will hear it!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Megan K

Carla was the absolute best baker we would have hoped for! We did a cake table for our wedding, and she really came through with our vision. Her communication is excellent, prices are reasonable, and cakes are superb. Do yourself a favor and stop hunting for a baker, and use... Read More Whisk Bakery. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Evangeline P

Carla is the absolute best! She was so accommodating with our cake and helping make our vision of our cake become a reality! From the cake tasting which was the best to helping us really decided on what we wanted! We ended up choosing a Funfetti with strawberries and an Italian... Read More creme cake layered 4-tier cake. It was beautiful and very delicious!! Her style is everything! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 12/26/2017 Molly G

We loved our Wedding Cake from Carla! Many guests told us this was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had. Not to mention Carla is so sweet and easy to work with. My florist left her some flowers to decorate the cake with and it turned out perfect!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Elizabeth P

When I saw Carla’s instagram, I knew I wanted her as our wedding cake baker. My fiancé and I love her style and we were so impressed at the tasting as well. Everything was so delicious that it was hard to chose. But we ended up selecting tres leches with raspberry filling and... Read More buttercream frosting. Our guest really loved the cake!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Morgan P

Carla is wonderful! Very easy to reach and super reasonable. I didn't want to blow my budget on the wedding cake but thanks to Whisk Bakery, I didn't have to compromise or settle. Everyone raved about the Groom's cake!!! The wedding cake was fabulous as well. Carla's designs... Read More are beautiful and clean; I would recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Meg H

We absolutely LOVED having Carla do our cakes for us! During our first visit my husband ate literally every sample and then some! Carla is super, sweet, understanding, patient, and dedicated to ensuring you get your dream cake. She not only creates beautiful cakes, but also... Read More tasty ones! You really cannot go wrong with choosing Carla if you're planning a wedding in the Houston area!

2017-10-31T16:58:36 Response from the vendor

Hello Meg! Thank you so much for the kind review. It was my pleasure working with you and being able to make your day super special was the cherry on top! Your wedding I will never forget, it was so beautiful and the cakes turned... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Katy D

We LOVED working with Carla. She was seriously one of our favorite vendors, what a joy to be around!!! You can tell she takes her craft seriously and is very detail oriented to get you the cake of your dreams. Our cake turned out more beautiful than we imagined and the flavors... Read More were on point. I would not hesitate to hire her again!

2017-10-31T17:03:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Katy!! Working with you was so easy and non-stressful. I loved it!! Thank you for ordering a semi-naked red velvet cake too, those I think are the prettiest. I know red is an odd color to show but it looks amazing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Melba M

My fiancé and I contacted several bakers, and out of all of the bakeries Whisk was by far the best! I contacted Carla early on in my planning process, and she was so helpful and patient! We had other tastings scheduled, but Carla's truly blew us away! Everything was so... Read More professional, neat, and organized. She gave us sizable samples during the tasting, and even allowed my fiancé to sample an additional flavor: the peanut butter chocolate chip cake that he was so excited about! Not only was Carla professional, but her cakes are delicious! Before the wedding I even ordered a cake for my finance's birthday, which was lovely! Our wedding cake was even more amazing and looked exactly the way we wanted it to! Carla is also on-time and thorough. She setup our cake exactly the way we asked. Lastly, I cannot forget to mention that she has the best chocolate chip cookies in Houston! We sampled a LOT of cookies from different bakers and hers were the best! We ordered 50 for our wedding and they were a huge hit!

2017-10-31T17:26:43 Response from the vendor

Oh Melba and Josh, thank you so much for your sweet and loving review! Thank you for being so patient and kind with me. So much has happened these past two months and you two were just supportive throughout it all. I really, really appreciate... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alyssa H

Carla is the best! Our favorite things about working with her are that she responds in a timely manner/ follows up and has a lot of options to choose from! We chose lemon white chocolate cake, german chocolate and PB chocolate plus pecan and apple tarlets. Everything was... Read More AMAZING!

2017-10-31T17:29:24 Response from the vendor

It was so much fun making different cakes and pies for you Alyssa! I loved that you picked three cakes and all different flavors. It's seriously the best idea, plus pies are always delicious! Thank you for being so sweet and prompt during the wedding... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Emily P

Carla was so great! Very pleasant and quick to respond! Super helpful during a stressful wedding planning time. LOVED the cake tasting in her home- so cute and comfortable! Her prices are affordable :) I would recommend anyone use The Whisk! A comment after our wedding from a... Read More guest, she mentioned "y'alls cake was so delicious- I never eat wedding cake but I ate all of it!" Instead of your top layer being frozen and saved for a year (ew), she will remake a small version of your cake a year later! How awesome!! HIGHLY recommended!!

2017-10-31T17:33:01 Response from the vendor

Awe thank you Emily!! It was so much fun working with you as well and you have the best taste in sweets too!! I was so happy you picked my favorite flavor for the wedding cake and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. So good and I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Allison M

I love Carla so much I wish I could be her friend. That's how I can describe her. She is organized and SO professional. I didn't have a Coordinator and she put me at ease because I knew I could trust her to do everything perfectly. Her set up and organization were flawless. And... Read More her cakes were AMAZING!!! We had cake left over and shared it the next day at an after party and t was still moist and delicious. I just want to order one for myself. Luckily, carla includes a 6 inch Anniversary cake for you which is such a nice touch. I highly recommend. LOCED HER!!!

2017-10-16T17:39:40 Response from the vendor

Allison!! Hands down girl you were the most organized bride ever! The moment you came over with your mom I knew I wanted to work with you. You mix matched all the cakes and frostings to perfection. It was amazing to hear that you not... Read Less Read More

Carla Navarro

Whisk Bakery was founded in 2014 by Carla Navarro. She grew up in a household that loved being in the kitchen. From roasted pork and beans to cakes and cookies. Baking became a hobby and years later became a passion that had to be fed. Carla taught herself how to make tiered cakes and fell in love with weddings and anything cake. Throughout the years she has challenged herself with fun, creative new ways in style and taste for any kind of confection. Whisk is located in the heart of Houston, TX but has gifted many clients around the Texas.