White Deer Run Golf Club

Vernon Hills, IL

FOR A WEDDING TO REMEMBER

White Deer Run is built on the famed Cuneo Estate in Vernon Hills. Our clubhouse offers incredible views of the golf course and Lake Charles, and is perfectly suited for a wedding ceremony and reception. Our friendly staff and exemplary menus will make your event a memorable experience.

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

250 W Gregg's Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL (847) 680-6188

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Mary Elizabeth C

Our experience at White Deer was amazing! Kendall our coordinator was great and answered any questions that we had in a very timely manor! There is really nothing bad that I can say about this place! The food is great and we did a buffet style so people could have options and... Read More eat as little or as much as they wanted. The wedding package included our cake from Lovin Oven which was beyond delicious! We had a cocktail hour outside where they were able to accommodate our DJ to do some outdoor music. I could ramble on and there is not one bad thing that I can say! Need a recommendation for your wedding-this is a great space! Well worth it! Doesn't feel like your normal "banquet hall" because of the floor to ceiling windows.

2017-10-03T16:00:42 Response from the vendor

Mel, We appreciate your positive feedback about White Deer Run! We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your future life as newlyweds.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Rachel B

Expensive but great to work with, super helpful, excellent food, they set up all our decorations, and worked with us to ensure we were able to have the wedding reception that we wanted. All our guests had nothing but compliments and white deer made the planning as unstressful on... Read More me and my fiancé as possible. If I had to do it all over I'd pick them again.

2017-10-03T15:50:53 Response from the vendor

Rachel, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your wedding reception at White Deer Run! We strive to provide the best service possible and will do everything in our power to accommodate and service you and your family. I hope you are enjoying this next... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Alix V

Our wedding at White Deer Run Golf Club in July 2017 was fabulous. My fiance and I picked the venue for the dance floor centered in the room under a chandelier, the large windows overlooking the well-maintained golf course, and the long bar alongside the side of the banquet... Read More space. Cocktail hour was outside, which worked out really nicely, as it was a beautiful day. Our guests attending cocktail hour also enjoyed greeting us as we drove in on golf carts from pictures with the bridal party on the golf course. With the contract, WDR took the bridal party and photographer on a "guided tour" on the golf course for pictures, which worked out perfectly. We really enjoyed the food, and heard no negative comments from any guests. The beef tenderloin entree was a hit, as well as the appetizers: chicken pineapple skewer, BBQ meatballs and roast beef canape. I was able to drop off all of my table centerpieces and decorations on the Thursday before our Saturday wedding , when I also provided final payment. I went through all of the decorations with Kendall and her staff, and after our meeting I felt totally comfortable that they would ensure everything would be set up the way I wanted. Our wedding was the first that Kendall did on her own as the Banquet/Catering Manager, and she did an amazing job! I would book our wedding here again in a heartbeat.

2017-10-03T15:44:16 Response from the vendor

Alix, I am glad I was able to start off my career as the head catering manager with a great couple! It was a pleasure working with you both and I sincerely hope your wedding was all you had hoped for and that you are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/07/2018 Anne W

We had the pleasure of working with Kendall and Jocelyn at White Deer Run to plan and host our brunch wedding reception. We could not have been more impressed by their professionalism, attention to detail, and cheerful demeanor. During the planning process, they were... Read More consistently well organized and attentive to our vision. The food and service during the reception were excellent. We highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Meghan S

Our wedding day was on Saturday and absolutely perfect. We worked with Kendall and she did an amazing job. Every little detail from food to how they set up the decor was perfect. Due to weather we had to move the ceremony inside and it was more beautiful then I ever could’ve... Read More hoped for. Any questions or concerns I had Kendall would quickly respond and always make sure to find an answer too. I am so so happy we went with White Deer for our wedding. Our guests have given us nothing but compliments on everything. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to get married.

2018-01-25T14:43:29 Response from the vendor

Meghan, Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for a bride and groom like you and Andrew! Hope all is well as newlyweds!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Freya Y

My wedding ceremony and reception were both at White Deer Run a few weeks ago and I could not be happier! The staff was attentive and everything went extremely smoothly. Our situation was less than ideal because we started planning the event with the former catering manager... Read More that left White Deer earlier in the summer. However, the new manager Kendall got up to speed right away on coordinating our wedding and helped work everything out very smoothly. Updates via e-mail were on time and replies were very quick. The day of the wedding was basically perfect. The first look at the pond by the green and on course pictures went without a hitch. There were of course some unforeseen circumstances like our ceremony musicians needing an extension cord, but Kendall and her staff worked rapidly to help iron stuff out. I strongly recommend anyone looking to have their wedding in the northwest suburbs to consider White Deer!

2017-11-01T14:23:05 Response from the vendor

Hello Freya & Jeremy, We are so thrilled to hear you had a great wedding! Here at The White Deer Run, we take pride in providing all of our guests with quality food and service to match. We appreciate your kind words and thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Alice H

This review is regarding their wedding and not the golf course. *********Please read my review before considering booking with them for your once in a life time wedding!********* My husband and I got married here on a Saturday in late August. From the initial meet, to the... Read More months of planning and meeting up for payments up until the last day prior to the wedding, everything went well. On the day of the wedding however, it was BAD. We went over the timeline, i've reconfirmed what we were doing, the first looks/reveal etc... I've asked them where we will be taking family photos / bridal party photos etc.. and most importantly, will there be any GOLFERS in the background. They said NO and the golfers will be redirected to another direction. Because of that, we decided to book with them. On the day of the wedding, the catering manager and assistant seemed like they "forgot" what and where people were supposed to go and how the whole set up was supposed to be. My husband and I were doing our first looks out by the pond, this was stated in the contract. Instead, they positioned him in front, outside the main hallway where i was supposed to walk out. So when they told me it is ready, i walked out and i saw my husband standing there. That really pissed me off. Especially since we went over this so many times! The disorganization of the event began as early as when my husband arrived and spent 30 minutes outside waiting for direction while I was inside waiting to be given direction as to how the reveal was going to be set up. I had to ask my bridesmaids to find people from white deer run to see when we were starting the reveal after waiting for so long. My maid of honor was told the reveal was in the hallway so she cleared all the guests out of the main hallway and then upon her telling my husband, he was quick to correct her and let her know what we were actually supposed to be using the pond that was still surrounded by golfers. It was baffling to me after so many confirmations about using the pond, this is how we started the wedding! When I was told to exit the bridal room, instead of my husband being staged for the reveal, i walked out of the room to find him right at the main doors entering the building staring at me, instead of down by the pond where he should have been. When i stepped outside, I SEE A GROUP OF GOLFERS PRACTICING ON THE GREEN WHERE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO TALK FAMILY PHOTOS. THERE ALSO GOLF BAGS EVERYWHERE AND A BUNCH OF GOLF BALLS. THE POND WHERE THEY PROMISED WE WOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE PICTURES AT WERE INVADED BY GOLFERS. I WAS VERY FURIOUS AT THIS POINT. Throughout the whole meeting process and drafting the contract etc,... i've always asked if the green will be clear of golfers during our first look and family photos and the catering manager would say , it would not be a problem at all. And because there were golfers everywhere where we were supposed to take our reveal photos at, my husband and the photographer were left to wander around the pond onto the back half of the driving range to attempt to find a suitable location within walking distance for the reveal and bridal party photos. **A note to Brides, my expensive WEDDING DRESS WAS COVERED IN BUGS! ---please finish reading my review on YELP. i have reached my word limit on here...

2017-10-03T15:41:05 Response from the vendor

Alice, I am so very sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. As with all our clients, I hope you know that we strive to provide the best service possible. I sincerely hope you are enjoying life as newlyweds.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Melissa L

Randi & Kendall were both so helpful throughout the entire process and had great communication. They really know what they're doing! Our day was perfect!!! The food was amazing, the staff was so helpful and friendly, and the venue is gorgeous! We couldn't have asked for a better... Read More day or a better place to have our wedding reception. Thank you everyone! I would recommend you a thousand times!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kira B

Everything came together perfectly the day of and the location was perfect for our guests but I did feel the communication with Randi was far from great. She took sometimes a week to respond to my emails and calls. She was far from a warm presence and was so awkward when... Read More making suggestions about the wedding day. The rest of the staff was great, especially on the day of.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Daniel K

The wedding me and my wife had was perfect thanks to the help of Randy. We enjoyed working with her and she was very helpful and responded to our questions and concerns. The food was delicious and the scenery at the golf course was really nice for pictures.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Katrina E

White Deer run is absolutely beautiful. I in no way regret having our reception there. That being said, my only complaint comes from the communication between Randi and my husband/ I. We constantly were getting a machine and emails contained misspellings. Things were always... Read More corrected, but it made the planning process more stressful. The day of - I didn't notice any issues, but several of my other vendors said she was hard to communicate with. Just an FYI! Like I said - the venue is gorgeous and everything went beautifully, but if you don't have everything planned out or ask a lot of questions, it could be a little rocky at times.

Reviewed on 8/05/2016

My husband and I are just so glad to have our ceremony and reception at White Deer Run last month ! From the catering manager Randi to general manager Bob to rest of the whole team are just amazing and so easy to work with. Randi is absolutely the best, every meeting with Randi... Read More is super fun. I was really nervous as I didn't have time to prepare for details or to get lots of helpful info from wedding books/websites a few months before my wedding, Randi was just so wonderful, patient, flexible and helpful, by giving me so many good tips, suggestions and recommendations she helped me out a big time to get everything prepared on time!! Working with Randi has been such an easy, pleasurable, fun experience! Her attitude, professionalism and service were just flawless and completely beyond my expectations! I'd recommend White Deer Run to everyone and want to thank Randi, Bob and their team so much again for making my big day incredibly sweet, beautiful and perfect !!

This is what you've been looking for!

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Danielle P

If you are looking for great location, superb food, gorgeous views, beautiful room(s), easy-access bar, knowledgeable and wonderful staff and your private venue then White Deer Run is perfect for you! As soon as my fiancé and I got engaged, we began our hunt for the perfect... Read More wedding reception venue. We both new we wanted something special and unique. We looked at 37 possible venues in and around Chicago and even southeast Wisconsin. I discovered White Deer Run on theknot.com, and right away it captured our attention. We met with Randi and instantly hit it off. Her attention to detail was far unmatched, and nothing was impossible for what we wanted on our day. Randi and her staff did an amazing job of setting up my decorations (and there was a ton!) and catering to my guests' needs. Unfortunately, my wedding day brought rain, storms, and even a tornado warning, but through it all Randi and her staff did a tremendous job of juggling the adjustments and still providing exceptional service to me and all my guests. Nobody at my wedding was unsatisfied! I heard numerous compliments about how delicious the food was- one of the BEST steaks I've ever had! Every detail of the day was perfect: timeline, appetizers, champagne, decorations, dinner, late night snacks, dance floor, and by far the most professional staff. Everything was as we would have hoped for! After looking at various other venues and experiencing our wedding at White Deer Run, we are not disappointed at all that we chose White Deer Run and were able to work with sweet, experienced Randi! It was truly the best day of my life, and it was perfect with the help of Randi at White Deer Run and ALL her wonderful staff members!

Amazing Venue!!!

Reviewed on 1/07/2015 Becky T

We had our wedding reception at White Deer Run on 1.2.2015 and everything was absolutely perfect. Randi and Cara were amazing to work with and quick to respond to questions. They were on top of everything, and made our day perfect. Our guests could not stop talking about how... Read More great the food and service were. The room was the perfect size for us - we only had about 70 people. We were able to go a couple days early to set everything up, which was really nice! The golf course was beautiful to take pictures on and we were able to take the golf carts out to take us to a few locations, which was so fun! The venue was very affordable. All around just a great place to have a wedding. I would highly recommend it to anyone having a small to mid-size wedding. I cannot thank White Deer Run enough for making our wedding day perfect. :)

Wedding 8-31-14

Reviewed on 11/15/2014 Erin B

I am so glad that I chose WDR for my wedding ceremony and reception. The food was FANTASTIC and Randi and Cara were so attentive and incredibly helpful prior to (and of course, day of) the wedding, which greatly reduced my stress!! The whole staff created a perfect environment... Read More to celebrate such a huge moment in our lives. Thanks again, White Deer Run!!!

White Deer Run

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Valerie R

White Deer Run was the venue that my husband and I used for our September wedding. Through the whole process Randi and Cara were excellent at letting us know what the next steps were and when our deadlines were. The venue itself is set on a beautiful golf course with many... Read More picturesque locations to do your photos at. We opted for the outdoor wedding and had around 130 guests. The outdoor location was a little tight to accommodate that many, but it wasn't uncomfortable. The inside was set up perfectly for us with all the guests in the large main room and then the smaller back room was open for people to take their own pictures and visit. The food portions were very plentiful and everything was absolutely delicious. We got numerous compliments on the food that was served there. One of our guests was a vegetarian and didn't give advanced notice to us and when the wait staff found out they went in the back and made her a special vegetarian dish on the spot for no extra charge. The bar staff was also wonderful, they were able to make drinks quickly and accurately so that none of our guests were waiting or displeased. All during our night Randi was always close by to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted. The only downside was communication ahead of time. Many times we would call and not get an answer and not get a return phone call, many emails had to be sent twice as we never received a response the first time. However, we never felt that we weren't being taken care of, we just had to be patient in getting answers to some questions. We would definitely recommend White Deer Run to any and all of our friends who are looking to get married or have any special event!

Randy made our night

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Paula W

What can I say, Randy promised us that everything would be great and it was. The food was great. Her staff was nice and she helped us so much to make sure everything went perfectly. Thank You Randy

perfect family get together

Reviewed on 11/29/2013 Cassandra

We wanted to invite all of our out-of-town guests to the rehearsal dinner (about 50 people). We had it at white deer run and it was perfect. We had our own little room that over-looked the golf course. we met with the person who was running our event and we organized everything... Read More together. It was perfect for the night before!

Beautiful Venue, Helpful Staff = Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Lisa H

White Deer Run was truly my dream come true wedding. We had our ceremony outside and photos taken outside. The photos are so beautiful. The food is great and the space is nice and roomy. The wedding coordinators helped with all the last minute details and when it came to the day... Read More of, they led the way to everything and reduced my stress level. I am so glad I chose White Deer Run and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a beautiful stress free fairy tale wedding!

Above and beyond is the best words to describe this place!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 jessica w

I wish I could describe in words how happy the ladies at white deer run have made me. We had both our ceremony and reception at this location and were hoping for sunshine. I wanted to cry when an hour before the reception I received a call from my fiancé now husband that we were... Read More moving everything inside instead of outside walking around that beautiful patio on to the greenery like we originally planned. I showed up expecting all my plans over the last few weeks to be ruined by rain. When I showed up we all were getting ready to line up when the women at the hall informed me that they had moved everything back outside into the sunshine. Without going into an hour long story of each and every detail of how these women are amazing I am going to sum it up by saying they gave us our fairy tale. White deer run went above and beyond for us! I constantly hear from all of our family and friends that this was the best wedding they have been too. They remembered all the tiny details that I completely forgot the day of. Our wedding size was about 130 and it was the perfect amount for the larger dining space leaving a ton of space in the four seasons room where our dancing took place. After going to several locations including banquet halls, golf courses, and even restaurants I can tell you there's no place in the northwest suburbs quite like white deer run. The people here are the only people I've met that genuinely seem to care about your happiness and making your day the way you envisioned it.

Underrated- Beautiful Location

Reviewed on 6/22/2013 Sarah R

I was a little concerned about the lack of reviews of White Deer run, but went with it anyway. I am SO glad I did. Randi and Cara were so accomodating throughout the entire process. They were well organized and helpful throughout the year long process. They returned emails... Read More promptly and were willing to accomodate my changes. The chef was willing to come up with a new menu to fit our theme, when we asked. The food was delicious and prices were great. The service at the wedding was amazing and everyone was very happy with the food. We took pictures on the golf course during cocktail hour which made for another additional beautiful part of the wedding. Randi brought me some tasty appetizers to the brideroom when I returned. She thought of everything. Our Florists actually emailed me to tell me that Randi/Cara are probably the nicest vendor they've worked with, as well. Overall, it was an AMAZING evening and such a beautiful location for a wedding. I am surprised more people dont know about it.

Beautiful Day at White Deer Run

Reviewed on 1/24/2013 Karen A

We chose White Deer Run in Vernon Hills as the venue for my daughter's wedding in October 2012. The golf course created a beautiful background for the wedding. The reception room looked so beautiful. We added some pink uplighting which really set the tone for the reception.... Read More Guests at the wedding commented that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding reception. My daughter and her fiance chose the combination platter of Italian Chicken and Steak Tournados. It was a great choice! We worked with Randi and she coordinated the wedding and reception. Randi did a great job for us and was very accommodating. She kept things organized and on track. I would have to say that from all the wedding venues we visited, White Deer had the best and most reasonable package and it was very easy to understand the brochure information (and no hidden costs), We were delighted with the wedding cake (included in the package). White Deer partners with Lovin' Oven in Libertyville and the cake was not only gorgeous, but delicious. It was a very wonderful wedding day at White Deer Run!

Beautiful Venue; Great Staff

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Jennifer C

My husband and I just got married this past Friday and White Deer Run Golf Club was the perfect venue to host our reception. We couldn’t have imagined a more perfect reception and all credit goes to the staff at White Deer. We found White Deer when 6 months out from our wedding... Read More our original venue proved to be a bad deal. The Event Coordinator, Randi, was a real gem. She listened to our disappointment in the original venue and reassured us how/why White Deer would be different. Every step of the way Randi and her staff were responsive to every email, question and request. They made our dream wedding come true. Our wedding was a little over 100 people, but the space could probably accommodate up to 200. The space was absolutely idyllic with a large bay window looking out onto the green of the golf grounds. Since our wedding was in winter we couldn’t take advantage of all the beauty of the grounds, but there are plenty of lovely spots for photos. The food was absolutely amazing. Their genius head chef offers great menu options, and is more than willing to change/add anything to suit you and your guests taste. We have had so many compliments on the food from our reception; just wish we could pass them on to the chef directly. White Deer contracts with a local bakery to provide the wedding cake, and I promise you won’t be disappointed. The cake was heavenly and I can’t wait to dig into the top in a year. The lovely location and design, and delicious food aside, White Deer’s greatest asset is its staff. Randi was amazing and she was backed up by an equally amazing assistant in Cara, and a staff that was nothing short exceptional. Even during the reception the staff was present but not intrusive, make sure all the guests were happy and well fed. They also made sure my husband and I wanted for nothing; always making sure we had enough to eat and drink, and offering to get us anything from the bar. They truly spoiled us. My only complaint is that we didn’t get to thank each sever and cook individually for their awesome service. If you are looking for a venue for your wedding (or anniversary party or just a fancy shindig) I urge you to visit White Deer Run Golf Club. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Great Value!

Reviewed on 10/14/2012 Stephanie L

I got married at White Deer Run in September of this year. The space is great for a wedding of about 150 people. Anymore would then force your guests into the side room where the dancing normally takes place. The thing I loved about this place is that it is a great value for... Read More it's money. The dinner portions were huge and we got many compliments of how wonderful the food was. Randi and her staff were so accommodating the day of the wedding. I appreciated the fact that after my husband and I got got off of the course to take pictures she came over and brought me a plate of food from the cocktail hour. As a bride you're running around all day so it was nice to take a moment and breathe. I also thought the bar was setup really well. At a lot of wedding the biggest complaint is having to wait for drinks. We had two bartenders who were great to our guests. Overall we had a great experience. The staff was fantastic and through the planning process was very accommodating. This place is such a hidden gem in Lake County for weddings

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 10/05/2012 Jennifer And Joshua J

Randi and Cara were great!!! We had an amazing wedding. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. I would DEFINITELY recommend WDR for your next special occasion.