White Label DJs

Serving New York and the surrounding states

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

New York, NY Serving New York and the surrounding states

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Ronald L

From beginning to end, our DJ (David Traver) was responsive and helpful in working together with us to make sure that we were happy with the music at our wedding. When we weren't sure about certain issues, we deferred to his judgment, which worked out great. The guests at our... Read More wedding literally danced until the last minute and loved it!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Angela L

We hired DJ Mikey Palms for our wedding and he did an amazing job from start to finish! He is so friendly and helpful, and even one conversation with him is enough to get a glimpse of how knowledgeable he is and how passionate he is about music. My husband and I created an... Read More eclectic playlist for the wedding, which DJ Mikey executed beautifully. My only regret is that we were not around enough to schedule an in-person meeting prior to the wedding! So many guests relayed compliments about him after the wedding. I also have to mention Alex, who handled the business side of things and was amazingly friendly, organized, and helpful!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Stephen G

This review has more to do with the outstanding DJ performance of DJ Mikey Palms than it does White Label DJs. Of course, White Label did a great job of setting us up with the right DJ for our location and tastes. But I attribute most of the exceptional experience to DJ Mike.... Read More Our relationship with Mike started over drinks - we met at a bar on the lower west side and talked about our vision for the wedding, our musical tastes, things we were hoping he could do for us. I got a great feeling that he was a seasoned professional, had a clear understanding of what we were looking for, and could follow through with great execution. Months later, after signing a contract with White Label, he reached back out to us to gather some more specific information about our wedding venue, playlist preferences, ceremony and reception details, etc. I had a 45 minute phone call with Mike to walk through details of the questionnaire he had us fill out. Again, I had confidence that Mike was going to follow through and deliver a great performance. He was very responsive via email as we made last minute revisions to our reception line up and song playlists, and I was pleased that he followed through on all those changes on wedding day. On the day of, he brought a great energy to the high stress environment - cheerful and excited and ready to party. He coordinated well with our wedding coordinator, who was at times difficult to work with. We enlisted DJ Mikey for just the reception - we had live music at the cocktail hour. But for those four hours of reception, he had the perfect mixture of classics to keep the older folks at the wedding happy, and the young crowd engaged. He built the crowd's trust with some great dance songs early, eased off with some classics as we headed into dinner, and then ramped up the party for a solid two hours at the end of the night that was so much fun. Such a great dude to hang out with - I felt like we were friends by the end of the night. He had my father in law behind the turn tables with headphones on jamming out, he was funny and gracious in all his interactions with the crowd (introductions of speeches, etc), and he knew exactly when to transition songs that the audience wasn't really responding to. All in all, it made for such an awesome party. So thankful to have had Mike as part of the party. Would love to get married again just to relive that wild dance party. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Nicholas H

DJ Mikey Palms did a terrific job DJ'ing our wedding. The dance music was awesome, and he kept the energy up throughout our entire reception. He was available by phone and email to talk with us about the kinds of music we wanted at various phases of our wedding, and worked with... Read More us closely to make sure that all of our (very eclectic) tastes in bands were reflected in the playlist. We would definitely recommend him for future couples.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Nick C

White Label DJs was very easy to deal with, and they have a number of DJs that we talked to before going with DJ Mikey Palms -- who absolutely made our wedding the special night that it was. He was 100% on the ball in terms of pre-wedding preparation, and we knew we were in... Read More good hands the minute we met with him. His taste in music is outstanding but he really helps shape the process, giving his input and using his creativity together with ours to make a killer playlist that had the dancefloor jumping all night long. He was early to setup, he was wonderful on the mic all night, making sure the process was smooth and moving along, and when we got to finally start to party, he absolutely killed it -- we're not exaggerating when we say that almost every single person at the wedding came up to us and asked us who our DJ was because he was one of the most kick-ass DJs they'd ever heard. And a truly, truly nice dude. And WhiteLabel was one of the more reasonable NYC companies we experienced in terms of price -- you won't be stressing about that or about how awesome your party will be. Just make sure you request Mikey P!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Mark S

DJ Mikey Palms was a major contributor to the success and great vibe at our wedding. I knew how important good music was for a wedding and was selective in my DJ search. As much as I appreciate a band and live music, I also like the flexibility and adaptability that a strong... Read More DJ provides. Mikey nailed it! In speaking with him before my wedding day I quickly learned how extensive his musical knowledge was. I am a hip hop fan to the core and Mikey was able to communicate his musical interests layered with his experience level. He explained that although he would hit my wants/needs it would be a greater experience for all of our guests if we were able to get everybody on the dance floor throughout the night by providing variety. Honestly, after my wife and I spoke to Mikey a week or so prior to our wedding day I knew we were in good hands. His experience helped us walk through final plans, gave us comfort in his catalog, and his attention to detail were top notch. Specifically he pointed out that a specific song during one portion of our wedding should have a minimum beats per minute to keep the moment lively. I'd recommend Mikey for any event where the music is a cornerstone of having a good time. He knows what he's doing and it shows in his love for entertainment.

Great

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Helene P

Nick Dean was our DJ, and he was a rock solid DJ. Very respectful of our wishes, took requests, made announcements when asked. We spoke to him on the phone and asked for his help with some set-up issues, and he was very accommodating. [Edited] We had a little bit of a... Read More pronunciation issue with our DJ, however the owner of the company called and apologized. He explained the protocol that he requires his DJs to use to pronounce difficult names, and it sounds like this was a one-time thing. Very impressed by the follow-up. All in all, White Label was excellent to work with, very professional, organized, respectful and accommodating.

Loved our DJ

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Meaghan H

I loved out DJ- Chris- has was great- met with us two times before the wedding to plan the music and really understood our tastes and did a wonderful job!

Best wedding DJ ever (from all my guests!)

Reviewed on 5/19/2014 Raquel d

Michael Palms was my wedding DJ, and it was one of the best decisions that I made for my wedding. He was professional, funny, and most importantly, played the best music from start to finish. All of my guests commented on how he was the best DJ they have ever heard, and I... Read More already have friends who want to book him for random parties! He totally rocked it, and made the atmosphere perfect from the ceremony through cocktail hour through the reception. He played great songs and is so very talented as as DJ. If you are looking for great music and a cool/energetic atmosphere without all of the cheesy DJ traps that I have seen, White Label DJ (and Mikey Palms!) are for you.

GREAT DJ!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Cristan N

Jay of White Label DJ's delivered the best dance party/Wedding reception ever! We were very specific on the type of music we wanted played, and supplied him with a list of most of the playlist - but he did a terrific job at deciding when to play what and incorporating extra... Read More music [within our taste] that the party needed to keep everyone on their feet - and get people onto the dance floor! The announcements and introductions were understated and direct - which is exactly what we were going for. SO many guests were raving about the DJ and how awesome the music was. I danced for 80% of the night! Reasonable Rates too!

Not your typical DJ!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Dominique W

When we were searching for a DJ for our wedding, we knew that we did not want an ordinary DJ because nothing about our wedding was traditional. We wanted someone who could mesh our music tastes and create one kick ass playlist! By the turnout on the dance floor and the flushed... Read More faces of our guests, Nick with White Label DJs definitely delivered! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ and would recommend Nick to anyone looking for an upbeat and lively atmosphere on the dance floor.

Great DJ!!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 jessica e

Jay McElfresh was our DJ and was great! We met with him prior and he had great ideas on how to ensure our wedding was a great party. Played great music and knew how to get everyone dancing!

Couldn't be better

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Gabrielle L

We hired White Label for our wedding in Brooklyn and they directed us to DJ Uch ... we could not be more thrilled with everything in the process. Uch met us well in advance of the wedding to discuss our tastes - he had an amazing grasp on what we wanted played at the wedding -... Read More and we have not stopped receiving compliments on how good the music was. Normally - when people go to a wedding - they don't notice the music - just that they danced. We had so many people specifically call out how much they enjoyed the music - it's a testament to Uch's talent. Not many can merge Irish music, current pop hits and random hits from back in the 50's into one big, fun party. Uch was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding ... and we are recommending him to everyone we know that is looking for a DJ ...

Superb Quality and Value

Reviewed on 4/15/2013 Mary-Jayne M

We worked with Nate and DJ Jeff. People were rushing to get their dinner done so they could get on the dance floor. If you hate the idea of the typical wedding DJ (tacky vest, wacky talking, etc) THIS IS THE COMPANY FOR YOU. Honestly, you will not find better than White Label... Read More DJs. They have amazing taste and our DJ, Jeff, put together the best mix and kept people going all night.

Q: New York wedding DJ? A: Dan Nishimoto!

Reviewed on 12/28/2011 Keri G

Dan Nishimoto (a.k.a. "sintalentos") was the perfect DJ for our Brooklyn wedding. When we met with Dan to talk things over before our big day, it was completely clear that the music was in good hands. We gave him a list of songs that were special to us and he crafted... Read More thoughtful playlists for the time before the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dance party. Dan knows his music, and complemented our selections with so many more great songs. He created exactly the right moods at the right times. Working with Dan, we were able to collaborate on the fun stuff (picking songs) and not worry for a minute about the details, because he had them completely under control. He was there and set up early. He was easy to work with, and coordinated smoothly with the ceremony musicians, singing family members, officiant, and caterers. He is very professional, and knows how to make a memorable event happen. When it’s all over, he’ll definitely be one of the people whom you’ll think about and say, "wow, that guy was really on the ball." Last but not least, the dance party was awesome! People were on the floor from the first song on. Everyone was dancing, young and old and in between. A guest overheard one caterer saying to another that Dan’s music was the best wedding music he’d ever heard – and they hear a lot of wedding music! Musicphiles or musicphobes, if you are looking for a fun, collaborative, and super organized wedding DJ, there really isn’t a guy more talented than Dan Nishimoto!

Great overall experience

Reviewed on 10/16/2011 Li A

Uch from White Label was the DJ for our wedding in NY this past August. Before the wedding we spoke over the phone and had to fill out various forms detailing our music preferences, which was great because it gave us a chance to list our likes and dislikes and choose our own... Read More music. Uch did a good job of playing most of the songs that we requested with the exception of some which we had on our must play list. This was not a major issue as he did a good job in all other aspects and everyone that we spoke to after the wedding said that he was great. Overall we had a very good experience with White Label DJ's and DJ Uch. Nate, the owner was very nice and easily reachable whenever we had a question. He also did a great job of checking up on us after the wedding. We would recommend White Label DJs to others.

Hire Dan Nishimoto

Reviewed on 3/26/2011 niko h

Dan Nishimoto (he pronounces it “Don”) was incredible. His work started with a meeting in which we discussed the kinds of music I imagined for all different portions of the event—the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dance party. Since I’m a musician I was concerned that he... Read More might have trouble with someone as opinionated and stubborn as me but he handled me skillfully and gracefully. He asked me to make a preliminary playlist consisting of a range of different genres and moods to get an idea of where I was coming from. From that he pieced together an incredible night of music, using many, if not most, of my selections. Throughout the night he was gifted at reading the crowd and picking up on their slight changes in mood and he kept the party going with always the appropriate amount of energy: lively during dinner and thumping for the dancing. As someone who essentially designed the entire wedding with my wife and her family, I appreciated Dan the most because he took care of everything. He knew all the right questions to ask and dealt with equipment, power supplies, and transportation. He even visited the wedding venue a couple weeks early on his own time (which was in a different city!) to double check the technical requirements for his gear. He’s done this enough to really get it—that couples just want him to take care of everything and not have to worry about another set of minute details. But he’s also NOT one of those older, jaded, lifelong career DJ’s who’s lost the love of creating a great dance floor. A lot of amazing unforgettable things happened that day, but the dance floor moments with friends, family and my wife are my favorite memories. Best of all, I could tell that Dan was genuinely having a lot of fun too. No brainer. Hire this guy.

Dan Nishimoto, my DJ hero

Reviewed on 2/24/2011 David H

Planning a wedding can be fraught with stressful decisions. But after hiring sintalentos/Dan Nishimoto, I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about the music. We talked about what type of wedding we were having, and all Dan needed to know was how much we wanted people to... Read More dance. Answer: lots! And so they did!