White Robed Monks of St. Benedict

San Francisco, CA

Catholic - Spiritual - Non-Denominational

Celebrate your wedding in a garden, home, reception or a Church welcoming outside clergy. Special circumstances -- mixed religions, divorced, or w/o religion. We serve you in a tradition of the Old (Dutch Catholic) Church, serving you rather than an institution. Many blessings to you and yours!

Religious Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Christian, Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

San Francisco, CA (415) 292-3228

Perfect!

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Marinda H

Our officiant was perfect! He recommended readings, prayers, and vows for us based on meetings with us over skype (which worked best for our schedules) He was able to mix many traditions and cultures into a perfect ceremony for us steeped in tradition and a few unique personal... Read More touches!

A Most Beautiful Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 4/14/2013 Deirdre B

Fr. Gerry with White Robed Monks of St. Benedict delivered our wedding vows so beautifully that everyone was in tears. We wanted a religious ceremony outside and the WRMOSB were perfect for us! We met with Fr. Gerry met with us in advance of our wedding and worked with us to... Read More design the ceremony we wanted allowing us to include or to exclude certain items. We chose to have a rose ceremony for our parents. We highly recommend Fr. Gerry as his pleasant and relaxing demeanor will make your wedding day glorious.

Father Gerry is the best

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Jessica L

We went with the White Robed Monks because I was raised Catholic, so wanted a Catholic wedding, but had always wanted an outdoor wedding. We were assigned Father Gerry, and loved him. He's very nice and personable, with a good sense of humor. He gave us some words of advice at... Read More our first meeting with him on how to have a happy marriage that I will probably use for the rest of my life. If you want a religious ceremony but don't want to get married in a church, I would highly recommend going with the White Robed Monks.

Thank you to WRMoSB and Father Gerald Caprio

Reviewed on 2/18/2015 Farrell M

We are posting to thank the WRMoSB, and Father Gerald Caprio in particular, for officiating our wedding on January 31st at the Fairmont San Francisco. When we reached out to the WRMoSB originally, we were seeking a Catholic officiant for our elopement ceremony that would not... Read More only allow us to marry under the Catholic faith but who would also fit our religious perspectives as well: kindness, community, tolerance, inclusiveness and compassion. We feel that we got the brass ring when Father Caprio was assigned to be our officiant; we couldn't have asked for a better fit for us. His personal and communicative approach was truly appreciated. Both my husband and I feel that Father Caprio is the standard of Catholic priest that everyone in the faith would like to see at their own parish. He is the type of person whom you would feel perfectly comfortable having a conversation with, he is someone you could go to with a dilemma, and the quality of his message about the sacrament of marriage within our nuptial mass left us truly touched and inspired. We look forward to recommending Father Caprio to officiate a marriage in our circles of family and friends and we are posting here so that the rest of the world can discover his invaluable services and meet him one day if they too decide to marry in the Bay Area.

Perfect officiant!

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Malorie L

Father Josh is the best! We went with White Robed Monks because I was raised Catholic, my family is traditional Catholic, and my husband isn't practicing, so this seemed like a great fit for all (and it was!). Father Josh met with us in-person ahead of time and we loved him... Read More right away. He was responsive, supportive and kind throughout the process. He was punctual and warm at our rehearsal, attended our rehearsal dinner the night before, and was a perfect officiant for the big day. He listened to all of our feedback for the type of ceremony we wanted (~20 minutes with some traditional elements), and all of our guests were really impressed by him. He was a wonderful addition to our wedding and we were so lucky to have had the chance to work with him. I highly recommend White Robed Monks!

Perfect Officiant

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Loree N

It was a pleasure having Father Josh as our officiant. We first met him in Auburn, where he now resides. He recognized that we had both been married before and adjusted his pre marriage counseling accordingly. On our wedding day Father Josh arrived on time and easily mingled... Read More with our families. At the ceremony Father Josh truly shined. He was well prepared with our personalized ceremony. His personality charmed our guests, while his verbal inflections and pacing were perfect. We would not hesitate to recommend Father Josh as your officiant.

Father joe

Reviewed on 6/10/2014 Amy S

Father joe was great. It was great to have a catholic priest marry us without having to follow all of the rules since they are retired. Be sure to be very specific on your wants and needs

An Officiant and Wedding Coordinator In One!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Christine C

When we applied with the WRMSB, we were assigned Father Robert Dittler as our officiant. We met with him about 9 months before our wedding and we loved him. He's funny, super sharp and had a lot of great advice for us. During the rehearsal and the day of, Father Robert not... Read More only kept our large wedding party in check, but also acted as another wedding coordinator, even bringing up a bottle of champagne and flutes to myself and the bridesmaids before the wedding for a celebratory toast. All of our guests commented that he made our wedding ceremony entertaining...there were lots of laughs. I highly recommend the WRMSB, especially Father Robert Dittler!

No Rules to Follow Here

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Erica M

I am Catholic and wanted to get married in a beautiful garden by the ocean but if I was to follow the traditional ways of the Church I would not be able to do so. With the White Robed Monks of St. Benedict I was able to have a Catholic ceremony outside as I wished. You are... Read More also able to chose different readings than just ones from the Bible; pretty much with the help of your designated priest you are able to create your ceremony as you want to. Even if you are not Catholic, the White Robed Monks of St. Benedict are able to conduct ceremonies for everyone. Perfect for couples that may be coming from different faiths.

The perfect wedding officiant

Reviewed on 11/04/2011 Francesca L

We had an outdoor wedding and decided to go with the White Robed Monks of St. Benedict for an officiant. Father Tom Dowling conducted the ceremony and he was amazing! The service was very inclusive of everyone attending regardless of faith and it all went really well. Father... Read More Tom was very engaging and made all who were attending feel welcome and comfortable. He was incredibly easy to work with and very receptive to our ideas and desires. We received many compliments on the ceremony and many guests said it was one of the most memorable weddings they'd been to.

Reviewed on 6/18/2011 Jessica A

I was very pleased with how well Fr. David Jones performed our ceremony. It was worded in a way that touched both of our hearts. He made us feel so incredibly special that day!

Father Robert

Reviewed on 12/18/2010 Corinne B

Did a great job; and made it meaningful and yet it was only about 20 minutes long which is what we wanted.

Catholic wedding outside the church

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Natalie S

I was so thrilled when I found Gerry at the White Robed Monks. My Husband and I really wanted to have a Catholic ceremony but we were getting married at a vineyard and couldn't find anyone who would perform a ceremony outside the church. Gerry is experienced and a really great... Read More person who I was so glad was a part of our day. The White Robed Monks also perform less religious ceremonies so check them out.

Father Dowling was wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Helen D

What a delightful officiant! Father Dowling was personable, thorough and truly got to know us even through short conversations. He has such an awesome personality and sense of humor, which was so inviting to our guests during the ceremony. He opened our guests' hearts and... Read More spirits to truly be part of our vows.

We absolutely recommend him

Reviewed on 8/17/2010 kristeen l

Father Gerry is very professional and organized! He is also very lively and entertaining. A lot of people complimented on his wedding service. He has a general outline, but adapts each to your own individual needs/wants. He still keeps in touch with us.

Start a Conversation!