Dedicated Attention and Endless Fun

At Whitney Events we have fun. My team and I take pride in making sure you always feel like you can communicate with us, whether it is email, phone or even text. You will never feel lost or overwhelmed. No matter what size wedding or where you are in the planning process, there is a spot for you at Whitney Events. We work with your budgets and customize our packages to fit your specific needs. It is about creating fun memories. All your hard work and creative ideas coming together on your one magical day. My team and I have extensive backgrounds in all aspects of the wedding industry allowing us to pass that knowledge onto you. We educate you as well as guide you so you always are comfortable in your decisions. We work together as a team, the two of you, us and all your vendors.

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking

Manhattan, NY Serving NY, NJ and CT (917) 740-1375
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Rinata G

Thank you so much Christina for being our wedding fairy. We planned our wedding long distance from Kazakhstan. So it wasn't so easy because of the time difference and language. But Christina is absolutely amazing and very professional. We felt very confident in her services and... Read More absolutely had no stress. So our wedding day went through smoothly. I can say that I had my dream wedding! If you want your dream wedding comes true, I highly recommend Christina and Whitney Events for wedding planning services.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Allie B

One of the factors that differentiated Christina from other month-of planners was she reviewed all of our vendor contracts at the very beginning of the process. Not only did she end up saving us a lot of money by catching discrepancies between our catering and venue, but she and... Read More her team were totally aware of where we stood and could make pointed suggestions to fill our remaining gaps. They didn't just show up a month out and say...ok debrief me...like I'd seen with many of my friends who hired month-of planners. We also hugely appreciated that she attended our venue walkthrough and florist meeting which were earlier in the summer so she/the team were on the same page as us. Again, all of our vendors commented how on top of the details and responsive Christina was. Huge thanks from my husband and I.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Agnes L

Christina is absolutely amazing. I planned my wedding long distance (from Boston) and I could not have done it without her help. First of all, her personality and can do attitude is contagious and makes every wedding planning "hiccup" seem like nothing. I loved her... Read More meticulousness and organization- which allowed me to focus on finishing studying for my board exam while knowing that the planning was getting taken care of. She was super understanding of my time constraints given my crazy work schedule. She helped us plan the most amazing wedding. From advice about the decor, lighting, flowers, she was candid and offered much needed advice. She has vendors that she recommends because of her experience with them, but is not pushy to try to get you to sign a contract w them. I owe her my sanity for everything that she did during the week of the wedding. She coordinated all of the vendors the few days before the weeding. The schedule she created (and dispersed to everyone) allowed us to relax and enjoy the wedding and not worry about timelines and organization. I felt incredibly confident in her services. I would book her again, and again. She is fantastic. Do not hesitate.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Chris K

I wanted to write this review to possibly help those of you about to get married as working with Christina and Whitney Events was an absolute pleasure. My wife and I basically turned our wedding over to Christina with about a month to go and were able to really enjoy that time... Read More while she handled all of the logistics. The wedding day itself went incredibly smoothly as she handled all of the various issues that presented themselves so we could truly enjoy our day. She is a real professional and ran the show from start to finish. We had some issues post wedding as well on the billing front and she didn't shy away from those either. Full service! To truly enjoy your wedding and the time leading up to it, make your lives easier and get Christina on board!

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Reham I

Christina is my new best friend!!! :))) Okay in all seriousness, she's the best planner anyone can ask for, in my own humble opinion. Initially, I was planning on hiring a Day Of Coordinator, but given that our wedding timeline was pretty short (we got engaged in December and... Read More wanted to get married only a few months later, in July), I figured it would be best to hire her as a partial planner. I would've definitely hired her as a full planner but since we already had the venue picked out and I had already bought my dress, a partial planner made more sense in this case. She didn't feel like a partial planner though, not at all. She felt like she was my own personal planner and best friend, as if she didn't have anyone else's wedding to plan but mine :) That's not true of course lol but that's how special she made me feel, like I was the most important bride. Christina is truly amazing. She is super professional, soooo organized and on top of things, and she made my life so much easier since I'm super organized myself and have OCD tendencies since I have different lists for everything in my life! Lol. I feel like we definitely complimented each other since we both communicated in list-form all the time :) which I can tell was heaven for both of us! Haha. I'm honestly so grateful to have found her. She always provided the best advice throughout the whole process and I always trusted her judgement. She has a very positive attitude, was always calm and collected, and always had a solution for everything. She even went along with all my quirky and wacky ideas for the wedding too! :) I really recommend hiring Whitney Events to plan your wedding as Christina and her assistant Jen are the absolute best!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Beth L

Christina was a pleasure to work with and I cannot recommend her enough! We hired her as a "day of coordinator," but her work exceeded far beyond "day of." From the moment we hired Christina, she was easily available via email and phone to answer any questions or concerns we had... Read More during the planning phase. She helped us select our rentals (and double-checked everything to make sure we ordered exactly what we needed!), came up with an extremely detailed day-of timeline, made sure we had our ideal floorplan, and coordinated all timing and logistics with our vendors as we approached our wedding. Christina is always one step ahead and thinks of every little detail to ensure the day will run smoothly. She has so much patience and will go above and beyond to make sure you're happy. I honestly don't know how we would have managed without her!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Diane S

We used Whitney Events to plan my daughter's wedding in May and could not be happier with this company! She is not only a lovely person, nut extremely well organized and knew how to take charge on the day of the event. Since I live in LA and the wedding was in Nyc, having a... Read More wedding planner was a necessity. What I didn't realize was how important the planner was on the day of the wedding. She absolutely allowed us all to relax and enjoy this most special day in all of our lives. We cannot think of one thing we would have done differently for the wedding. It was perfect, thanks to Whitney Events.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 lauren s

I'm so grateful to have worked with Christina and her assistant Jen on my wedding, they are a dream team! I worked with Christina as a partial/day of planner, and she provided sound advice and guidance every step of the way. What I appreciated most was the team's creativity... Read More and flexibility to help execute my wedding theme, which was a Broadway, theater style wedding. Christina was filled with great ideas, such as "ticket" style escort cards, Playbill wedding programs, Act signs on every floor of the venue guiding guests where to go and letting them know what came next in the evening, and a Popcorn bar for intermission. Jen is an amazing pastry chef, and was able to supply Broadway themed cupcakes for guests to take home as a favor, and she was even able to make them gluten free for myself and guests who have severe gluten allergies. They were adorable and delicious! Numerous guests commented on how unique the wedding theme was and how well it was executed throughout the evening. Overall, this team is professional, extremely accommodating, and flexible if last minute changes/drama comes up, and incredibly organized. As the wedding flew by, I was well aware of how stress free the day felt, and how one event seemed to flow effortlessly in to the next. I credit this entirely to Christina for coordinating with all the vendors well in advance, and creating an organized day of timeline. Also, on a more personal note, both Christina and Jen are incredible warm and friendly, and I feel throughout this process they became not only my advisers, but also friends. I look forward to continuing our friendship, and would highly recommend their services to anyone planning a special event. Seriously, run don't walk to work with this team.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Helen L

Our wedding day was literally PERFECT even though we only had TWO months to plan AND we live out of state from our venue. And it was all because of Whitney Events!!! When we started looking for planners, all of them came off as hasty, rushed, and frantic when we told them what... Read More we had in mind for our wedding and the fact that is was only two short months away. We were already freaking out because our wedding date was so soon, so if our planner was doubtful and frantic, it would not make the process any easier. However, when we got our consultation with Christina, the owner of Whitney Events, she was professional and more importantly, very confident that our dream wedding could be done in two months time. This put our mind at rest and a little more at ease. My husband and I have very demanding jobs so sometimes we weren't able to respond to wedding emails or complete a wedding task until days later. Even with a tight deadline, she was never pushy or overbearing and handled everything we couldn't do ourselves. She was very flexible with our schedules and communicated with us frequently to make sure we were on track. She went out of her way to pick up packages, get our marriage certificate, and deliver our wedding items to us just days leading up to our wedding. The day of our wedding Christina and her assistant coordinated the event. Every aspect of that day was perfect and went sooo smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything that day, she was taking care of everything for us. Even our bridal party all commented how she was very on top of it!! Aside from just the wedding planning, we also needed help planning our rehearsal dinner, after party,, and the Korean ceremony. Keep in mind we didn't even have a location booked or had any idea where we wanted to host any of those events. Yet with such ease she was able coordinate and execute each of those events. Mind you we were extremely stressed the entire two months (but what couple isn't when wedding planning?) and several times I doubted if everything would be done by the wedding day, but because of Christina, our wedding and all of our other wedding events were perfect. I think of all the wedding related things we spend on, hiring Christina to be our wedding planner was the best money ever spent (speaking budget-wise, their prices are worth for all the services you will receive). Go with Whitney Events! Thank you so much Christina!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 m l

We had an incredible wedding and Christina played a huge role in making it perfect. Not only did she help us find the perfect venue that suited us (and our budget), but she made some great vendor recommendations. But the biggest help came in the weeks leading up to/day of the... Read More wedding. Christina kept telling us to relax and to let her worry about the details- and she 100% did. Everything went so smoothly- transportation was perfectly timed, church was ready (despite a scheduling problem that was beyond our control- Christina took care of it), band was well informed/knew the run of show, reception was set up beautifully, schedule flowed as planned, families kept in tow, the list goes on and on- my husband and I were able to truly sit back and ENJOY our own wedding, rather than running the show/worrying about details. Christina told us she was on it and she truly was. We'd highly recommend her services! Thanks Christina!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Lauren T

Don't even think twice about booking Christina. She's amazing, organized and very professional. I'm sooo glad I hired a wedding planner ( I did the partial planning package). I thought I was going to be a bridezilla throughout the process of planning my wedding, but I ended up... Read More being calm and carefree. I would highly recommend booking Whitney events and I believe I found her via wedding wire, so I'm paying it forward to the next bride by writing this review. ;) Just do yourself a favor by spending a little extra money on a planner. I know so many people who were always saying "I can't wait until it's over" kind of feelings in terms of planning. I NEVER felt that way. I fully enjoyed the process and Christina definitely was a great person to steer me in the right direction.

2016-10-18T12:34:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a magnificent wedding at 501 Union. Picture perfect and you both were so much fun to get to know. I wish you both happiness and health in your adventures ahead. Safe travels to your new home! Please don't be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Suzie C

Christina was our full time planner and so she helped us throughout the entire wedding planning process. We were not the easiest of customers so the fact that she was able to juggle both of us says a lot. She helped us execute our ideas and she had some really great ideas... Read More herself that we ended up using. She is top notch when it comes to finalizing the day of details and coordinating all of the vendors etc. I can easily say that the day would not have gone nearly as smoothly had she not been there. We are so grateful to have found her.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Suzie C

Christina did so much for my daughter and all of us the day of the wedding. She took away our stress and anxieties by coordinating everyone and everything and making sure all were where they were supposed to be at the time they were supposed to be. Between the engagement... Read More party, prepping for the Wedding and then the big day she was a tremendous help. We couldn't have done it without her and we truly appreciate her hard work.

Reviewed on 6/13/2016

We hired Christina one month before our wedding, and it was the best decision we could have ever made. She is extremely organized and made sure we had everything in order prior to our wedding, asking thoughtful questions (many of which we didn't even think about prior to her... Read More asking), and following up appropriately with all of our vendors. She was also a lifesaver 10 times over on the day of--I was able to enjoy the day in peace knowing that all the logistics were being taken care of by Christina. We can't thank her and her team enough--she ensured we had the perfect day--it would not have turned out the way it did without her. She is truly invaluable!!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Karen R

I don't think there are enough words to explain what Christina meant to me during my wedding. I owe her my sanity! My wedding was everything I wanted it to be and I would like to relive the day all over again :) I hired her a little bit over a month before the wedding to be my... Read More day of coordinator, and she went above and beyond to make sure everything was in place. I was so stressed with all the details, but she made me feel I could trust her with every single thing and finally enjoy my wedding! We are based in Florida, and were having a destination wedding in New York, so you can imagine the planning was a little bit more challenging than usual. She dealt with the most intricate, and difficult details of my wedding like a pro. She is an organized, professional, strong woman who I will forever remember with love. I honestly consider her a friend now! I would also like to commend Lauren her assistant, who even with an injured leg worked so hard on the day of my wedding! If you are thinking about hiring Christina, do so! You will not regret it. It will be the best investment on your peace of mind! Wishing you the very best Christina! You are awesome!

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Daniel R

If you are busy still searching for a wedding planner, save yourself the extra headache and wasted time of looking any further and call Christina immediately. Her dedication and professionalism in making everything perfect (both leading up to and during the big day), is a... Read More service that you can 100% count on, trust, and be grateful for even well after the day you get hitched. In general, a wedding planner's service is an invaluable role to any busy couple's lives, Christina's service went even further above-and-beyond that, exceeding our expectations and consistently delivering what felt like a catered, white glove service that we truly appreciate.

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Amanda R

Christina, Angelo, and rita eased my mind through the last month of my wedding planning when my husband and I hired them. They could not have been any more thorough or professional, taking over coordinating with vendors and making sure everything went smoothly leading up to the... Read More wedding. They even did the entire ceremony walk-through with us in the basement of the church after our church decided at the last minute they could not do a rehearsal on the agreed-upon date. What could have been a disaster was actually an enjoyable experience because of their tireless dedication. Finally, on the day of, Angelo and Rita were on top of limos, flowers, tips, and all of the essentials. We were on a flexible schedule that kept the day completely stress-free. At the reception, they did a walk-through of the reception hall during cocktail hour, collected gifts, and checked in regularly not only with my husband and me, but also our families to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed. Christina came at the end of the night to make sure we were pleased with her service. Their dedication to us made our day that much more special. We couldn't recommend Christina and her team more.

Truly went above and beyond

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Katie S

Christina Whitney was such a pleasure to work with. My wife and I are very thankful that we decided to hire a wedding planner, and that we chose such a great one. Christina really went all out on our behalf and brought her substantial expertise to bear in helping us create our... Read More perfect wedding. Highly recommended A++

Amazing Service!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Jane N

After spending a couple of weeks searching for coordinators who turned out to be big disappointments, we finally found Christina! She really cares about her clients and was there to give us sound advice anytime we needed it. What sets Christina apart from other wedding... Read More coordinators, is she has an extensive catering background. My husband and I are both in the culinary industry so we know how important it is to have the food ready in a timely manner and executed beautifully. She was able to keep everything flowing from beginning to end with excellent time management. She's very communicative and will stand by your side to get things done! Thank you Christina for all your hard work! xoxo, Jane + Hector

Such a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Megan F

I used Whitney Events as my day of coordinator for my wedding in November, 2014. Christina did much more than just coordinate events the day of, however. She reviewed all of my vendor contracts to make sure I had everything covered, suggested any changes that needed to be made,... Read More and did all of the work organizing the logistics and timing of the wedding day- which was something that I was sure I would do wrong. I had some complicated transportation issues and she made sure that everything was taken care of- when we did not have enough room in our shuttles to take guests to the church she even sent an Uber cab to pick up the remaining guests. It was so great to be able to hand over control of the details and logistics of the wedding day to a professional so that my family and I could enjoy the day and not worry about where vendors needed to be. I cannot say enough good things about her and her staff. If you spend money on one thing for your wedding, it should be a good day of coordinator, and I highly recommend Whitney Events.

Hire a planner; hire Whitney Events!

Reviewed on 11/18/2014

I have told everyone who would listen to me, that the best thing a bride and her family (or whoever is paying for the wedding) can do is to hire a planner. From our first meeting with Christina Whitney, my daughter and I felt comfortable and knew that Whitney Events would be... Read More the best choice as our planner. Christina Whitney is truly amazing. She was engaged with my daughter and I right from the beginning. We were especially impressed with how she handled the transportation issue for an urban wedding. Her expertise in coordinating shuttling bridal party, family and guests between hotel, church and venue went off without a hitch. She coordinated all vendors, and made sure that the entire day was a day that we would always remember. Thank you Christina Whitney of Whitney Events!

My wedding

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 Judy C

Whitney Events was awesome, could not have ask for a better wedding planner, Christina is very helpful, compassion, sweet, and has a big heart. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for your time. Everything was perfect. love Judy and John 😍😍😍😊

Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Matt and I wanted to take a moment to send our deepest gratitude to you for everything that you did for our wedding. You handled the entire day perfectly and went way above and beyond our expectations. Rita was amazing answering guest questions when we switched rooms or making... Read More sure the buses were on schedule to get guests from the hotel to church to the country club! Everyone that attended had terrific feedback about the whole party from the food and drink selection to the amazing ambiance of the rooms. Thank you so much for your suggestions and input on the final menu and floral designs. We just loved it all!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Most amazing Wedding planner EVER!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 JAMIE D

I honestly don’t think I could have made it without Christina and Angelo.. Thank you so much! I hired them for the “day of” service and they by far exceeded my expectations. There were so many details to the wedding and all those small little details added up to be so many... Read More items that I just knew that I would forget something on the day of but I didn’t forget one thing and everything went so smoothly that I couldn’t believe it! I can’t give this group credit enough. But.. I most give them extra kudos. We had a huge snow storm the day before our wedding and Christina was on top of it. Checking with Valet, the venue and all our vendors to make sure everyone was going to get there the next day! They handled everything and I didn’t feel one ounce of stress. We would recommend Whitney Events to any bride and groom! Thank you.

Casey Hambel Kennedy wedding

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

Christina was amazing. We could never have kept everything on track like Christina did, coming up on the wedding she was just wonderful always keeping in mind what was important to what Casey And Ian wanted. I would 100% recommend Christina.jj

Christina Whitney

I am the proud owner of Whitney Events. From the time I was 15, I have worked in every area of the wedding industry. From cooking your dinners, designing table tops, floral design and even cake baking. I have loved every part of working in this industry. It was only a matter of time that I would start my own planning company. I now work with all you amazing couples on a one to one basis. I LOVE planning your special day with you, sharing my experiences with you, being part of your creative vision, learning from you and ultimately bringing it to life. Let's start planning.