Real Moments. Real Emotion. True Beauty

My goal is to capture artistic, and timeless photographs of your wedding day while always allowing you to enjoy it to the fullest. My style is the perfect balance of photo-journalistic, candid, and posed photography to create beautiful images while remaining unobtrusive. I go into every wedding with a completely open mind for everything that happens and love making use of different light and angles of the locations to capture all of the people and details in an artistic and unique way. I thrive on searching for and capturing those moments both big and small that you will treasure for years to come. I want you to look back at the photographs I create and recall the full story of your wedding day with all of the anticipation, emotion, joy, and excitement that came along with it.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Nichole L

Working with William: William was absolutely incredible to work with from the first skype call last summer all the way through the final photograph of our absolutely perfect wedding day. William is very professional and easy to work with prior to the wedding. We spoke with quite... Read More a few photographers and William was an easy pick for us because of his organization and knowledge without the added pushiness. The other thing to mention is that we were planning this wedding from afar and having someone who could remotely make us at ease was really important. In terms of style of photography, he was very flexible and very willing to listen to our preferences. Prior to the wedding, he actually had us put together an album of photos from his previous shoots to give him an idea of our preferred style. I can’t emphasize how awesome William and his second photograph Andrew, were on the day of the wedding. The weather was really bad – the wind was blowing very hard (30-50 mph) and it was raining sideways all day. This made taking photos difficult and we had to do a lot of the photos on the fly and we had to change a lot of plans. This is really where William and Andrew shined. They both took control and came up with tons of unique and creative photos both in our chapel and outside in the rain. It can’t be emphasized how important this was for us. We were already super stressed about the wedding going well and the weather just amplified all of that. William and Andrew being flexible and creative, while also being calming presences, made our day so much easier and allowed us to enjoy it all. They even spent 15 minutes with us in the crazy rain and wind at the end of the night to get pictures of us under an umbrella. It was just so awesome. The photographs: The photographs that we received from William are absolutely perfect. They are better than anything we could have ever imagined. We have received so many compliments about the pictures already and everyone is just obsessed with William and Andrew. The pictures of us in the rain are just stunning. The way that William took the photos made the white umbrella glow super bright with the rain drops all light up around us. It just amazing and super unique stuff. The pictures of all of our friends and family on the dance floor are also really awesome. I bring this up because prior to our wedding we were a bit worried about having tons of pictures of our friends drunk at the bar and dancing. If that was the case we wouldn’t be able to post them on social media based on people’s jobs and what not. However, the pictures that William took of the dance floor are really awesome and fun, yet classy. It showed everyone having a blast, but while being tasteful. We appreciated that and I’m sure our friends and family do to! Not only were the photos awesome, but it only took 3 weeks for William to get these amazing pictures back to us. He even sent us a preview photo of us in the rain before we left for our honeymoon. That was awesome of him and allowed us to show off our unique and stunning rain pictures to everyone in Mexico. Conclusions: In conclusion, we really couldn’t give someone a higher recommendation than William. If you are in New Jersey and need a professional, talented, and caring photographer, who is also quite affordable, you’d be crazy to not book William. We will forever remember our wedding through the lens of William’s camera and we couldn’t be happier.

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Becky L

My husband and I booked William for our wedding in October, and it was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding! He is super responsive and captured every moment. Planning a wedding has you take on so much, but he was there and captured our vision and provided... Read More us with countless memories through our photos. We look back through them often, and it's like we are right back in that moment. We definitely did our research, and William was by far affordable, and worked with us completely along the way! If you have the opportunity to book him for your wedding, or any event really. Do it!

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Stephanie G

William was amazing to work with! I can't say enough good things about him and he was truly one of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding. He made posing for pictures extremely easy for two very awkward people. Even with direction from him, none of the pictures looked... Read More staged or unnatural. He was there to capture every moment, but he was never intrusive. Best of all, the pictures were all stunning! There's so many that I love, that it will be hard to choose my favorites for an album. Don't hesitate in booking him; you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 2/16/2018 Joanne F

We found William on the knot! I was nervous bc I wasn’t referred I just happen to come across his porforlio (which was amazing) and knew he was the guy from us. My photos are seriously beyond amazing! I will let anyone go through the ten million he took! Seriously captured... Read More every beautiful candid! Thank you so much for the amazing photos I can’t wait to print them out and start making an album! If I can only decide which ones I love the most!

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Kate H

William is just incredible. I was really nervous about the whole photography thing at my wedding—my husband and I are awkward people who take VERY awkward photos. William was patient with us and listened carefully to what we were looking for from our photos and holy hell, did he... Read More deliver. When we got our pictures back, we were thrilled to see how natural we looked. We were also over the moon with all of the candid shots he got of our ceremony and reception. He always seemed to know where the action was and captured so many of the moments that we missed. There's one picture in particular of my mom trying to sneak a taste of the wedding cake that makes me laugh every time I see it. Beyond his technical expertise, William is also an amazingly nice dude who is an absolute pleasure to have around on a very stressful and busy day. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Meghan M

William was truly a pleasure to work with. The second I took a look at his photos on his website, I knew he had the exact style I was looking for in regards to my wedding photos. When we sat down to meet with him, we were so happy to hear that he was able to work within our... Read More budget! Furthermore, it made me relieved to hear that he preferred candid photos over staged photos. I have been in so many wedding where you take hours and hours of endless staged photos! I did not want to spend my whole wedding day that way. I wanted to enjoy myself while my photographer took memorable photos of everyone having a great time! Working with William on the day of my wedding was a breeze! He caught every aspect of our special day and we hardly even knew he was there capturing each and every moment of it! We received out photos back quickly and had to option to order albums with him or create them on our own. We loved our pictures! I highly recommend William Hendra Photography!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018

William completely blew us away. He captured the pictures of our wedding in January 2018. Not only was William super easy to work with, but the turnaround time for our photos was very quick! We loved his laid-back approach to pictures. Nothing was forced, and we didn't feel as... Read More though a ton of our time was being used on the pictures. Throughout the night, I feel like I hardly saw William, but he somehow captured every special moment of our day. And the pictures are so incredible - they are edited to really enhance the photos without looking like they are completely redone. We literally could not be happier with William, and would recommend him to any-and-everyone. Thank you SO much!

2018-03-16T09:09:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you :) One of my favorite compliments is being hardly noticed despite being right beside everything going on for the entire day!

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Jeanette A

It's taken me nearly a year to actually get to writing this review, but William was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding. He and his second photographer did some great work without being intrusive or in the way. We personally didn't go too over the top with... Read More photoshoots, just the few pictures we did snag between the ceremony and the reception are some of my favorites. He's quick to respond and an understanding guy, and gave us a good price for getting married in the off-season. If you are looking for beautiful, crisp ceremony pictures and fun, energetic reception pictures, he's your guy.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Valery G

My husband and I had the luck of finding the perfect photographer for our wedding in September. We were looking for high quality photos, and some video for our big day, that would not break our budget. Never would we imagine that not only was William and his second photographer,... Read More Andrew be professional, friendly, attentive and budget friendly, but provide the most beautiful photos (hundreds!) and a highlight video that we are still crying over because it was perfect! I think the best compliment is that the day of the wedding, at the ceremony and reception, I forgot they were there. Yet somehow they managed to capture every important moment and a lot of spontaneous fun and moving moments as well. I can not say thank you enough to this team. Brides, you will not be sorry!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Jonah V

My brother in law, who is also a photographer, recommended William for our very small intimate wedding in Warren, NJ. When a photographer recommends another, you just say yes. And I gotta say that our photos were beyond my expectations. They captured the atmosphere, the joy, the... Read More fall weather, and even a rainbow! Literally. I would've loved to see all the shots he took. I couldn't get enough. Looking at them a few weeks later (yes, they were delivered in a few weeks) brought me back to the day and made me love my wedding even more. He was accommodating, took all my requests, and turned them into my favorite photos. Friends and family were very impressed. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017

William was awesome. We wanted to hire a photographer for our wedding who would naturally and candidly capture our special day without us having to pose for a million pictures. William took amazing photos, and most of the time we didn't even know he was there. He was easy to... Read More work with and provided us with a link to our final photographs faster than we anticipated. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Ecaterina T

William did an unbelievably amazing job both for our Engagement photos and for our Wedding on Oct 1 2017 at the Grand Marquis in Old Bridge NJ. We were so thrilled with the quality of the photos, the high attention to detail and precision, and the artistic eye that William has!... Read More He was very professional and patient with us as well as our requests. We greeted our family during the wedding, so William took photos of us with pretty much all of the guest. We will have memories that last forever and for a very reasonable price. He was extremely helpful with helping us choose a location for our Engagement photos and Post wedding photos, since we were not from the area! He is adventurous and will go far to provide quality service; we snuck into a field of corn and green beans to take pictures in the sunset, and he was there with us, climbing through the field and crawling into uncomfortable places just to find those perfect angles. We were beyond satisfied with the outcome!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kaitlyn M

A HUGE thank you to William for the amazing pictures from our wedding in Asbury Park! He was so helpful with everything from figuring out a timeline for the day of and making sure we got all the pictures we could want- even a ton that we love and would have never thought to ask... Read More for! He was very detail oriented, and while we were not focused on what pictures we may want on our wedding day he stepped in with suggestions and ideas- without William I would have totally forgotten to get individual pictures with my bridesmaids! He was also very accommodating the whole day, following our relaxed feel but also helping us stay mindful of the time and schedule we had set up with him. We were so impressed with how quickly we got the pictures back- which was a great surprise. Williams pricing is very reasonable and he delivered a great product that we couldn't be happier with- Thank you William!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 L S

The best investment of my wedding day!!Wedding- August 5th 2017. William Hendra provided the most amazing photography of my wedding. He arrived early and stayed late. He was professional and made EXCELLENT use of the time. I had a morning wedding and we were always crunched for... Read More time. William made every second count, I have a TON of gorgeous photos. He is worth EVERY penny spent. Everyday I look at our photos and I get excited all over again. His journalistic style is complimented by everyone who sees my photo album. His style is unique and makes you feel like you are center stage at the wedding each time you look at the photos. They look so natural yet so vivid. AMAZING.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Taylor O

All I can say is WOW. Will was so amazing. My now husband and I eloped, he replied to my original request almost immediately, and had been incredible to work with throughout the entire process! Our photos turned out more than beautiful and I will absolutely be working with him... Read More again. Give him a try!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Dina M

I'll be honest to say I didn't know what to expect when I initially hired William. Trying to plan a NJ wedding from VA has been quite the challenge so I rely on reviews and whatever I can find online. . I. here to now tell you that angles William takes and the expressions/... Read More moments that were captured is just phenomenal. And do you know what I loved the most? We will hardly even know he was there. He will go about his business capturing things that you never even got to see and memorialized them for you. He is so flexibility. He trekked to multiple locations to capture that special moment. William totally surpassed my expectations. If you want a standard photographer with standard poses, this is not your guy. If you want someone who creates a story in photography, then William is who you should hire.

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Mary M

We had our wedding in Allentown, NJ on May 20th and William and his co-photographer Andrew were there to capture our big day! William and Andrew were both on time and accommodated what we wanted with two different locations and very early times as the wedding started early.... Read More William was responsive and easy to work with from the very beginning. The pictures came out amazing and really told our story of the day. I would recommend William in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jennifer M

One of the best decisions I made for my wedding day (besides of course saying yes and getting married!). William was calm, professional and incredibly easy to work with. In addition, he was very timely in his responses which made us very comfortable, knowing that capturing our... Read More special moments were going to be taken care of. We had a small, intimate ceremony on the beach and the weather was a bit touch and go for the few days leading up- William was so go with the flow if plans needed to change, not to mention just, he just hopped right in with the family to direct capturing some great shots. We also got our pictures back incredibly fast! Thank you to William, we are incredibly happy with the results.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Lauren A

Can't thank William enough for the amazing job he did capturing our wedding day (and our engagement shoot months before). From the creative posed shots to all the amazing candids that captured all the emotions of the day--our photos came out incredible. William was so easy to... Read More work with, always quick to respond to any questions we had and helped us feel at ease in front of the camera. Thank you for being part of our day!! William and his assistant photographer Andrew are highly recommended for their professionalism and creative eye.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Colleen G

William exceeded our expectations and our wedding photographs are phenomenal. My husband and I are both fairly awkward people when it comes to taking pictures but even the staged ones came out perfectly and didn't feel forced. William was really unobtrusive, which lent itself to... Read More amazing candid photos. Not only were the pictures themselves gorgeous, but overall, as a series, his photography and use of the natural light reflected the whole vibe and feel of the day perfectly. When I saw the pictures it brought everything back and made me feel like I could remember all of the details of the wedding even though parts of the day were a blur. The thing I appreciated the most was how he captured so many moments like the interactions between the guests (especially with my toddler son) that I wouldn't have noticed or even had the opportunity to witness myself. Since it's probably the only time all of our loved ones from both sides will be in a room together like that, it's really special to me. As far as pricing, you won't find a better deal for the level of talent and quality of work. William was willing to work with our budget and schedule and we were able to enjoy the day.

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Terry L

I wasn't​ ​worried​ ​about​ ​photography​ ​at​ ​all​ ​on​ ​our​ ​special​ ​day​ ​because​ ​William​​ ​​was​​ ​​such​ ​a​ pleasure​​ ​​to​​ ​​work​​ ​​with​.​ ​He​ ​ensured​ ​the​ ​entire​ ​afternoon​ ​flowed​ ​naturally​ ​and​ ​remained​ ​totally stress​ ​free​ ​so​ ​that​ ​I​... Read More ​could​ ​give​ ​all​ ​my​ ​attention​ ​to​ ​my​ ​new​ ​husband!​ ​We​ ​had​ ​a​ ​fairly unconventional​ ​location​ ​and​ ​some​ ​pretty​ ​different​ ​events​ ​to​ ​our​ ​wedding,​ ​so​ ​it​ ​was important​ ​to​ ​us​ ​to​ ​find​ ​a​ ​photographer​ ​who​ ​would​ ​"get"​ ​the​ ​vibe​ ​and​ ​capture​ ​all​ ​of​ ​the​ ​great moments.​ ​I​ ​was​ ​very​ ​pleased​ ​at​ ​everything​ ​that​ ​came​ ​included​ ​in​ ​the​ ​package​ ​from engagement​ ​session​ ​to​ ​travel​ ​to​ ​the​ ​digital​ ​files.​ ​The​ ​photos​ ​were​ ​far​ ​above​ ​and​ ​beyond​ ​our expectations​ ​and​ ​were​ ​just​ ​amazing.

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Olivia W

William​ ​exceeded​ ​every​ ​one​ ​of​ ​our​ ​expectations​ ​for ​our​ ​wedding​ ​day!​ ​We​ ​knew​ ​right​ ​after our​ ​engagement​ ​session ​that​ ​the​ ​wedding​ ​day​ ​would​ ​be​ ​just​ ​as​ ​great.​ ​It​ ​was​ ​clear​ ​how​ ​much he​ ​enjoys​ ​photography ​and​ ​was​... Read More ​very​ ​focused​ ​from​ ​the​ ​morning​ ​through​ ​the​ ​entire​ ​reception.​ ​He was​ ​extremely​ ​flexible​ ​and​ ​never​ ​overly​ ​pushy​ ​about setting up​ ​photos​ ​when​ ​we​ ​attending​ ​to other​ ​parts​ ​of​ ​the​ ​wedding.​ ​He​ ​still​ ​made​ ​sure​ ​we​ ​got​ ​everything​ ​important​ ​though!​ ​The photos​ ​perfectly​ ​represent​ ​all​ ​the​ ​moments​ ​from​ ​our​ ​wedding,​ ​from​ ​fun​ ​to​ ​emotional.​ ​His package​ ​prices​ ​were​ ​totally​ ​accurate​ ​all​ ​said​ ​and​ ​done​ ​and​ ​he​ ​did​ ​not​ ​try​ ​to​ ​upsell​ ​us​ ​on anything​ ​to be able to save our photos and make prints.​ ​He​ ​does​ ​an​ ​outstanding​ ​job​ ​and​ ​we​ ​highly​ ​recommend​ ​him!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Kristine G

William was amazing as our wedding photographer. We booked him after he photographed a friends wedding and hearing all of the good things they had to say about the experience! We really loved that he was willing to show us some full galleries of other weddings. We had spoken to... Read More some other photographers who just referred us to their website with just a few best images posted - we weren't sure how to judge based on that. He was super easy to talk with any time we had questions along the way about scheduling as well. We received our photos promptly and they all look great!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Sandy C

William and his team are a superb choice for wedding photography. He took plenty of time to communicate ahead of time so that everyone was on the same page. We received exactly the types of photos we wanted and the entire day ran super smoothly. From our meetings and phones... Read More calls to our engagement session and finally to our wedding he was always prompt and cheerful. We are both a bit shy when it comes to photos but we felt comfortable the entire time (the engagement session helped a lot for this). I love that all of our photos are a real moments and not staged, faked, or cliché in any way. We will cherish the images forever. Thank you William for doing a great job and being part of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Amanda P

William truly did a fantastic job at our wedding capturing all our special moments! He was flexible and let us enjoy our day while still getting great images the entire time from the hotel through our reception. He was a great value for the quality of his work and had a ton of... Read More really creative shots mixed in with everything else. Those creative ones are what we ended up loving the most and showing off to everyone! He even captured a ton of things that we didn't even know happened which were a ton of fun to look back on. My husband and I are very happy to have hired him and will recommend him to everyone!

I have a modern approach to photographing weddings and love to make full use of all of the newest cameras, lenses, flashes, and software to capture and create images not possible in the past. From having photographed hundreds of weddings over the past years, I have seen almost every combination of venues, churches, outdoor spaces, and lighting conditions but still love finding myself in new situations. Outside of photography; I love listening to music from all over the world, have people ask to pet giant white fluffy dog is, and walk my daughter to school every morning with her friends