Winter Tree Studios

Colorado, Napa/Sonoma, Northwest Arkansas, Worldwide

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Colorado, Napa/Sonoma, Northwest Arkansas, Worldwide (719) 419-8840

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Frederick H

Nathan and Cara were absolutely wonderful to work with. From the moment we met Nathan, we knew we wanted him to shoot our wedding. We initially decided against an engagement shoot, but opted for one after seeing more of his work. By that point, however, Nathan and Cara had moved... Read More to Colorado. Yet Nathan came back to San Francisco one weekend to shoot for us! The photos turned out amazing; all our family and friends talked about them for weeks! The day of the wedding was no different. Nathan and Cara were great at corralling family members for pictures and directing everyone to obtain the best photos. They were even able to work with the difficult family members who didn't want to take pictures. Nathan and Cara were also great about being near us without being overbearing. While we knew they were around, they did a great job blending into the crowd so that we didn't notice them. We are so excited to see the photos from the wedding! Don't miss an opportunity to work with these two, you won't regret it!

Great Photographers

Reviewed on 1/14/2016 Jessica P

Back in April, yes it's been a few months, I got married in Napa, California. It was a perfect day at a perfect venue. There are 100 things to stress about on the day of the wedding, but with Nathan, I really had nothing to worry about. Nathan has a really laid back approach to... Read More taking photos, which I loved. There really weren't any forced photos... or at least they were very minimal. A lot of it was really natural and I even had a few spots I knew I wanted pictures taken, which he of course complied with. The photos came out amazing! I love all of them. It was really hard to choose which ones to blow up. Working with Nathan and his wife was great. I didn't really know what to expect, but I was definitely happy and impressed with the outcome. My only suggestion for future brides is to make yourself a list of photos you would like taken the day of. I didn't think I would have needed it, but looking back there are some people I wish I had photos with that just didn't happen due to everything else going on. I definitely recommend winter tree studios.

Winter Tree Studios/ Prince Gallery

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Courtney R

I met Nathan at a Bridal event and loved his beautiful work. I entered to win an engagement photo shoot and won! My husband and I (fiance at the time) arranged to do a special photo session around San Francisco that was a unique experience for all of us! Nathan helped us ahead... Read More of time with tips for styling and made us feel super comfortable as he walked us around Pier 39 and clicked away. We quickly got our images back and they were amazing! He captured us so well and we could not believe how much we loved them. We quickly decided to meet with him to discuss booking our wedding. He offered ideas of possible venues based on the style of wedding I described to him. On the day of the wedding he and his awesome wife/assistant showed up on time and ready to go. He spent some time photographing my shoes, dress, rings, invitation, etc and then was ready to capture my list of requested photos. What we got back about a month later was incredible. Our ceremony photos were so beautiful, the bridal party and family pictures had such wonderful lighting and the photos of my husband and I are exactly what I had hoped for. He stayed through about an hour of dancing so I have pictures to remember the whole day and night! The only thing I would change is that I had access to ALL the pictures :) We got about 500 and while that sounds like a lot, I found myself wishing to see all my guests in every moment since the wedding just completely flew by! The package we paid for included this fabulous leather bound album with 50 of our favorite photos and came in a very cool box with a picture of us on the outside that we decided to use as wall art. I will always cherish the memories he provided.

Beautiful Picutres

Reviewed on 7/18/2015

My husband and I used Winter Tree Studios to not just be our wedding day photographer but he did our engagement photos and a boudoir photoshoot. He is very professional, caring about his couples, and gives great feedback to get the best shot he can. We were so comfortable (even... Read More though both of us aren't supper photogenic haha) in posing and feeling through the pictures. The level of detail he considers and the level of his professionalism was apparent throughout every shoot he did with us. I would recommend Nathan and the Winter Tree Studios to all family, friends, and interested parties.

Outstanding Photographer

Reviewed on 1/02/2015 Silvana P

I had the pleasure of working with Nathan Larimer for my October wedding and I am so pleased with our decision to have him capture our special day. Nathan has a wonderful creative eye and gave us photos from our day that are true pieces of art. He was kind, patient and... Read More professional. He gave us a beautiful keepsake box with our photos on a USB, created an app to share with our families and friends and was a great person to work with from start to finish. If you want a great photographer who is very kind and sees beyond the posed pictures a traditional photographer does and gives you beautiful shots then he is the one for you.

a great and personable photographer

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 rebecca a

working with nathan for our wedding was great. we didn't meet a lot of photographers during our decision making process, nathan was probably just the second photographer we met. when my husband and i met with him for the first time, he was easy to talk to and was really... Read More informative, not just about wedding photography, but in the whole wedding planning process. he was able to give us references for other services as well, one that we ended up going with too! what made us choose nathan was that he was easy to get along with and connect with. it was especially important to me that my husband feel really comfortable with him, because he hates taking pictures. the two of them really hit it off, and it really made the whole picture taking process for my husband and myself a lot more enjoyable. our pictures turned out amazing, better than i imagined. his assistant, kat was great to work with as well. and she does great makeup too! i didn't use her for my wedding but i did get to work with her and she does great work. if you want a photographer who is professional, knowledgeable, and easy to work with, with reasonably priced packages then you should definitely choose nathan! thank you, nathan, for being a part of our special day! -becky and loren

Nathan Larimer Photography

Reviewed on 9/19/2014

Nathan Larimer Photography is absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to work with. We have worked with Nathan several times, most recently he photographed our wedding. It was magical. Nathan is professional, courteous and always very informative. he provided us with... Read More exceptional service. He has packages to fit into anyone budget and is always willing to customize packages with clients to best suite their needs and wants. He did a sensational job capturing special moments, noting fine details and making our day memorable for years to come! The quality of our photographs far exceeded all of our expectations. Nathan has a very special and natural talent for photography. He has an amazing ability to capture moments most are unaware of at the time, it is priceless!!! He is a pleasure to work with and we would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone, for any event! Jeff and Heather

Creative, fun and awesome photographer

Reviewed on 8/05/2014 Dave C

Nathan did a phenomenal job with our engagement photos and wedding. He was easy to work with, had such creative ideas and our friends and family loved his photos. I recommend Nathan to friends here in the Bay Area and we are thrilled to have had him as our photographer! Baby... Read More photos to come next...

Professional, talented, creative..

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Teresa H

Luck struck and my fiance and I won an engagement shoot with Nathan from a bridal show hosted in Napa. We hadn't budgeted for engagement pictures, so this was an entirely unplanned experience. Even with our admittance that photography wasn't in our wedding budget, Nathan... Read More proceeded with professionalism and creativity. Nathan captured beautiful moments to document our engagement, and we are confident in recommending his services.

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Jen M

We hired Nathan to shoot our wedding day and could not have been more thrilled of the job he did. His photographs are absolutely flawless as if they were meant for a magazine. He took photographs I didn’t even know he was taking of my husband and I, including this amazing shot... Read More of our shoes while we were having dinner. Thinking outside of the box gave us photos we could have only dreamt about. This of course is one of the most important pieces to choosing a photographer, the other being personality. Nathan is very professional but down-to-earth, making you feel very comfortable with no stress on your big day. He just made me laugh and feel at ease, which really translates onto the picture. On top of that, he made us an iPhone photo app, photo/still video DVD with a beautiful case, and credit to have him print photos for family. I would HIGHLY recommend you booking Nathan as your photographer for any occasion! You will not regret it!

Boudoir Shoot Perfection

Reviewed on 6/06/2014 Kate H

I had the pleasure of working with Nathan last year as he photographed me in a Boudoir shoot. This type of shoot was not totally in my comfort level, but I wanted to make a really special gift for my soon to be husband, and I am SO glad I chose Nathan as the photographer. He... Read More made me feel completely at ease and confident throughout the whole shoot, and he was an absolute professional. We met prior to the shoot at his studio to review concept ideas together, which really made the day-of shoot go smoothly. After the shoot, he got my proofs to me really quickly so I could surprise my husband our wedding weekend. The shots were artistic and sexy, while still remaining "me". Thank you Nathan so much!!

Boudoir Shoot

Reviewed on 6/06/2014 Sharde R

I did a boudoir photo shoot with Nathan as a gift for my fiancee. I was very nervous for the shoot but Nathan made me feel extremely comfortable. He arrived on time and prepared. He did a lot of work on the front end to ensure that he knew what I was looking for. All of the... Read More photos turned out great and I was very happy with the finished product. I would highly recommend his services.