Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

333 Newport Ave, East Providence, RI

Wonderful Family Business

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Sarah R

I went to wishing well for the wedding dress, and Bridesmaids dresses. I went multiple times, and I was always welcomed with a smile and treated very sweetly. I found my dream gown at wishing well, and the women made everything from choosing the gown, to sizing and alterations,... Read More just wonderful. They were just as courteous to my Bridesmaids, and all of the dresses came in on time and in the proper sizes. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for the "Dream Dress"!

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Erica S

I found my dream dress at Wishing Well. I described what I was looking for and within 5 minutes they pulled it for me to try on. I ordered it through them and it came in in 4.5 months. Doreen, the in house seamstress, did a FANTASTIC job on my alterations and bustle. She... Read More listened to what I wanted and even squeezed in an extra appointment to make sure the final fit was just right.

I would rate the Wishing Well a 10 if I could!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Kristen M

The Wishing Well treated me like Family, which is probably because they are a family owned place rather then a big chain where you are just a number. I went in there for the first time one year before my wedding, and ordered my dress about 9 months before the wedding. Pam, who... Read More is one of the owners greeted me by name every time I called. My mother and flower girl also got their dresses their. My dress was gorgeous, and I am thankful for the Wishing Well's selection of dresses, but even more then that it was so nice to be treated like family. I recommend the Wishing Well as often as I can because of the service I got their!

Excellent, No-Frills Buying Experience

Reviewed on 5/13/2014 alli m

Let's start off by saying this is somewhat of a hands-off shopping expeerience, which happened to please me greatly. After spending years in a heavily-serviced retail environment, I prefer to be able to shop on my own and ask for help only when I need it. If you're looking for... Read More a privatized, overly-expensive and lavish bridal shopping experience, skip Wishing Well and head down to Kleinfeld. Anyways, with that being said... The dresses are organized on several racks, all hanging in individual clear garment bags. My favorite part? Each hanger had a 8.5x11 screenshot of the dress - front AND back! Super useful for those of us who often can't tell one poof of wedding dress from another. I pulled a ton of different styles into my dressing room (tight, but still plenty of room to strap myself into plenty of particularly large dresses) and began the try-on process. I knew what dress I was going with from the moment ir popped off the rack, but I enjoyed being able to try on several styles without feeling pressured to go with one over another. The consultants were very helpful in pulling no-go styles out of my room, as well as zipping me in and out of all the samples. There are three small stages that brides are able to stand up on (in front of mirrors) for the full effect. Again, far fom a privatized shopping experience, but I don't mind being social with other women who are just as excited as I am! I ended up with a knock-out gown that is really going to impress on my big day, and the price was excellent. I will update this review once my fittings are complete. I booked with Doreen and have heard excellent things, so I'm assuming it will be a breeze. For shopping, if you love the thrill of a good hunt, I definitely recommend!

My gown was PERFECT

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Laura

Wishing Well was a great, local, family owned shop that helped me from start to finish (they are actually working on preserving the gown now). They were very helpful and always available when I had questions or needed anything!

Excellent Quality!

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Gabbi B

My dress was beautiful and so well made! The staff is patient and helpful. They have beautiful taste, and the price was right in our budget. Alterations were done on time, and my dress fit perfectly!

Amazing dress shop and owners!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Jenna

Everyone at the Wishing Well was absolutely amazing from the minute I walked in to buy my dress, to my last and final dress fitting!! I went in with an open mind, but there was this one dress that I found online that I wished and hoped Wishing Well had. I showed them a picture... Read More of a particular dress by Allure Bridal, and asked one of the owners if they had that dress, and she said "Oh yes, we definitely have that one! In fact, your mother has already pulled that dress for you!!" (my mom didn't know I had that certain dress picked) As soon as I put the Allure dress on, I almost had tears, and I knew that this was the dress for me. I didn't want to take it off! The owners looked at me and said, "wow! this never happens!! trying on your dream dress, and having it fit like a glove!!" I purchased the dress and it was the best decision ever! I never looked at another dress :) The seamstress was great to work with as well, and did a wonderful job at fitting the dress to my body! At the wedding people were telling me it was the most beautiful dress they've ever seen. I would recommend Wishing Well Bridal to everyone. Jenna F.

Great value and better yet, great people!

Reviewed on 10/28/2013 Kaytee S

I had a couple of horrible experiences trying on dresses for the first couple of shops (including David's and another independent shop) mainly because at both places consultants were trying to convince me of things I wanted when I said I didn't (like a veil) and trying to show... Read More me just things at the highest of my price point rather than dresses that were in the style and fit I was looking for. At Wishing Well, I went in telling them about having bad experiences and they asked me how I'd like to be helped! I found the people so down to earth and non-invasive that they let me take my time and were a little more hands off (which I wanted/asked for) so that I could explore dresses. I came down to two very different selections, and both I and the people I was with were torn. I asked my consultant for her honest opinion when she was helping me out of my dress and she told me which one I looked more comfortable in/happy with/etc (which is what I went with ultimately). I took a peek at the price tags and saw that the one she recommended was a few hundred dollars less than the other--so rather than operate on trying to make the most money/commission, she really put me first. Then Doreen, the tailor, was INCREDIBLE. She had two "final" fittings with me because after I left and the first final fitting I realized there was something I didn't love in the pictures. When I called her, she had me email pictures so she was ready to know what she could be prepared for, and then she squeezed me a week before my wedding for two appointments to make it perfect, working SUPER fast but carefully. And the alterations were incredibly reasonable in comparison with other brides I know of. The dress, a Maggie Sottero, was gorgeous, well fit, and well within my budget. It was the people there, however, that made the experience so awesome. I'd recommend the place to everyone!

Best Bridal Shop by far

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Jill C

I walked into Wishing well without an appointment and they helped me with no problem, It was a spur of the moment ride and I found my dress! Maria helped me, and I loved her, she was warm and sweet and helpful. I found a dress in my price range, and they worked with me to the... Read More end. Every time I went in for a fitting I was in and out, each time happier and more excited. I had no issues, and I also ordered my bridesmaids dresses there too! They were perfect, came in fast too! All in all my experience here was fabulous and I tell everyone to go to the Wishing Well, you will not be disappointed. Thank you ladies!!! :)

Reasonably priced and accomodating shop

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Sara M

I decided on a chiffon Maggie Sottero bridal gown about 11 months before my wedding from Wishing Well. Their pricing was excellent and I definitely came under my budget. I ended up dropping about 2-3 dress sizes during those 11 months leading up to my wedding and the seamstress... Read More Phylis at Wishing Well was amazing at working with me to take in the dress and the end result was great. I had received so many compliments on my dress and I was happy with the process at Wishing Well. Phylis had made me feel at ease the times I went back for a fitting and as every bride knows, it can be stressful worrying about having a properly fitting wedding dress.

DON'T bother

Reviewed on 3/19/2013 Kristina W

Worst dress shop experience out of the 10+ shops I have been to between up north and here in Florida. These people are rude, unresponsive, and basically incompetent. Avoid it at all costs.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 11/01/2012 Maddie G

I had a great experience here. I was able to find a gorgeous dress on their clearance rack (it was 80% off!!) and ended up paying only $300 for my dress. My seamstress, Doreen, had to take my dress down 8 sizes. I was pretty nervous about that- but my dress came out beautiful... Read More and fit me to a T! The one negative about this place is that they over book their seamstresses- a few times I had to go as a "walk in" to my fitting and wait to be seen. Overall, this place was great and Doreen was amazing!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2012 alicia G

I ended up buying my dress there because no other shop locally had this type of maggie dress I was particulary looking for. I was so dissappointed because they do not have the setup for brides to make you feel like its all about you. There was no private area for you and your... Read More family to awe you in your dress. there are 3 podiums and all brides walk onto it together. embarrassing if you are a private person and sad if you get lost by the others. Its overwhelming. Phyllis the seamstress...thats another story. PLease do not get your dress alteried there or youll be sorry. She told me one price, charged me more in the end. Multiple appts she left my dress at her house on days I had appointments and I had to wait for her to go get it. Multiple appointments for multiple brides are scheduled and therefore you are nothing, quick in and out because she is busy.

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Cassie M

I walked into Wishing Well Bridal having no idea what I wanted for a dress. All the ladies that work there are so helpful and patient. They have a great selection to choose from and really take the time to cater to you. I would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 lisa f

everyone at the wishing well bridal made my dres shopping so easy and fun. aftre having a horrible time at david bridal and not even wanting a dress anymore, i showed them pics of what i wanted, and boom, they had me trying on those same dresses! so easy and relaxing. wonderful... Read More place. i love them.

Great service

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 jennifer g

Very Friendly, not pushy and very helpful. Affordable and elegant styles.

Awesome Ladies!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Erica R

The women at this store are absolutely wonderful!! They worked so hard to get me what I wanted from the moment I first walked into their shop. They special ordered my dress from the designer because it was no longer being made, and they still gave me a deal on the price. They... Read More treated me like family every time I went in for a fitting (they always remembered me when I walked in), and they truly made the whole dress process a fun experience for me. I would buy my dress from them every time, and I would recommend any bride to them for both wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses!!

Great experience and good selection

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Elina K

I had been to a handful of wedding dress shops before coming to this one. If you're looking for a David's Bridal experience or Kleinfelds, then this isn't the place for you. They don't weight on you hand and foot, but they are still very friendly and honest. So if you're on a... Read More budget (like I was) and want to find that beautiful dress, then this is the place! The ladies that worked there were super sweet and accommodating (and I was one of those indecisive brides!). The dress I chose ended up getting tons of compliments from the groom and guests. There is also someone who does tailoring at the store and she did an amazing job.

Beautiful Dress

Reviewed on 8/12/2012 Karen L

I got my wedding dress from the Wishing Well Bridal and they had so many bridal dresses to choose from. I loved the dress I chose. Everyone at Wishing Well was very accomidating and the tailor there did a great job!

dress selection & alterations

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Jessica B

wishing well is a family run bridal shop with a great selection of dresses, all at reasonable prices. Their staff is very friendly; albeit not conventional. As a family owned business, they are more playful with their customers, and less stuffy than bigger, more formal shops.... Read More The store isn't the largest, and the dressing rooms are tiny, BUT they pack a lot of phenomenal dresses into that store! The staff was always helpful. When I went in to try on dresses, after trying about 8 and feeling exhausted, the girl sat me down and had me explain what I liked and disliked about each dress I had tried. She then thought for a minute, and came back with the BEST DRESS EVER (a maggie sottero). It had everything I wanted, and even things I never thought I'd want. The woman who did my alterations was also excellent, and I had no problems at all!

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 7/10/2012 Stefanie S

I loved my dress but it was ordered too big. The alterations were done elsewhere

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Elizabeth C

I enjoyed searching for my bridal dress at the Wishing well, they were so friendly, not pushy at all and very honest! Was very comfortable there!

Reviewed on 6/18/2012 Tirzah M

My dress was recently put on the discontinued rack the day I arrived for dress shopping. I purchased a beautiful $1200 gown for $300 and a cathedral length veil originally for $700 for $150. The staff was friendly and fun to work with making the experience amazing. The... Read More seamstress was flexible and accommodating for my very busy schedule! My cousin had purchased several dresses from her as well and I plan to shop here again!

Friendly, Fun and worth it!

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Anna F

Wonderful people, amazing seamstress and pleasant atmosphere. I don't think I would have been happy at another bridal salon. They treated me and my bridesmaids with the utmost respect and care. They were flexible with payment schedules and always always pleasant regardless of... Read More how close to closing time I dropped in or how many questions I asked, and never ignored us even when their store was incredibly busy!!!

Very nice place

Reviewed on 5/31/2012 Amanda F

The owners are great people, prices are resonable and the seamstress was AMAZING!

TO Wishing Well Bridal