Wolf's Weddings by Kathleen

Serving DC/Baltimore metropolitan area

Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Silver Spring, MD Serving DC/Baltimore metropolitan area (301) 775-3173

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kathryn W

Danielle and Kathleen were amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process. They supported me as day of coordinators, but they were helpful for more than just the Big Day! They met with me ahead of time and kept in constant contact throughout the time leading up till the... Read More wedding. They offered to contact and confirm with vendors for me and took a lot of weight off my shoulders. They also worked as a go-between for me to contact the venue and employees working at the venue on my wedding day. I would recommend their services to anyone who is getting married. I did not even realize ahead of time how many aspects and details I had not thought of, but these ladies covered everything! They were amazingly friendly and supportive.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

I hired Kathleen to provide full day of coordination services for our wedding and I could not have been happier. We stayed in close contact for the 4 - 6 weeks leading up to the wedding so that I could provide her with all of the wedding details, contract information, etc., and... Read More she was very responsive to all my of questions and ideas. Kathleen was able to understand my vision and provide valuable feedback and advice. Our first face to face meeting was at the venue one month prior to the wedding and I immediately felt very comfortable and confident leaving my wedding day in her capable hands. She helped pull off what was without a doubt the best day of our lives, and she did so with many family members and friends interjecting themselves in the process, she was great!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 April W

Kathleen was fantastic throughout the whole planning process and on the wedding day itself. She made sure that all the vendors were in line with what the bride and groom wanted (and the parents!). On the day of the wedding, Kathleen and her assistant Danielle were spot-on,... Read More always there when needed but never in the way. Both of them even helped calm our nerves right before the ceremony. I would definitely recommend Kathleen to a friend.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ethan B

From our first interaction through the end of our wedding day, Kathleen was everything you want in a coordinator. She has a perfect understanding of the entire process, and really was essential in putting together the day that we'd always imagined. Kathleen was super responsive... Read More at all times, and thought of a lot of details that we hadn't addressed, ensuring a smooth day. Wolf Weddings set up our space exactly as we'd imagined, and made the entire day stress-free. We had the utmost confidence that Kathleen shared our vision for our wedding, and she executed flawlessly. We would absolutely recommend working with Kathleen - she's the best!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Sarah G

Hiring Kathleen was probably the best decision we made in the entire wedding planning process. She went above and beyond to ensure we had an enjoyable, worry-free day. She was quick to respond to emails and was a fantastic problem solver. It was nice to be able to soak... Read More everything in on our wedding day and not have to worry about the pesky little details. The closer we got to the wedding date Kathleen brought up many things that I would never have considered if I was planning the wedding on my own. It was at that point that I knew we had made the right decision. She kept us on track throughout the process and gave valuable recommendations and advice. I cannot recommend Kathleen enough! She was, simply put, amazing.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Lindsay C

Hiring Kathleen as my wedding day "go-to-girl" was the best decision I made throughout the entire year of planning. She is worth her weight in gold! This was the first time any child in my and my husband's family was getting married and I was determined to do most things myself.... Read More Kathleen and I spoke about two months prior to the event and she flagged a lot of details that I never would have thought of (i.e. show flow, timing of events, set-up questions, catering questions, etc.). She also met me at our venue during the rehearsal to do a walk through, and we exchanged many emails in the lead up to the event. The day of the wedding Kathleen and her wonderful assistant, Danielle, were incredibly calming, present and did their best to ensure that everything was running smoothly. When we experienced a wine crisis (ran out at 7:30PM!!) Kathleen helped me calm down, spoke with the vendor, and even followed up with him the next week to advocate for me! I would wholeheartedly recommend her to any bride who just needs someone to assist with making sure the day runs well. There are so many details that you shouldn't have to (and likely you and your mom/aunt/friends won't want to) think about. Thank you, Kathleen!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Beth B

I had the pleasure of working with Kathleen Wolf for my wedding on 9/21/13. I met with Kathleen about two months prior to my wedding, nervous about details, desperate for assistance in tying it all together and for help coordinating the big day. Immediately, Kathleen put me at... Read More ease. She is smart, responsive, knowledgeable and very organized. She provided tons of tips and suggestions to help me crystalize my vision in quick and easy ways. If I wanted some sort of signage, she would send me links to images and services that were not only exactly what I had I mind, but also the most cost effective. She double and tripled checked everything, reminded me of what I needed to do, and helped alleviate stress for everyone. On the big day itself, Kathleen was fantastic!! We were thrilled to have her there to run interference and keep us on schedule and at ease so we could actually enjoy the wedding. I tend to be nervous and anxiety prone and I felt totally comfortable trusting Kathleen. There were a few times when she asked me what I wanted to do in situations I hadn't totally thought out and I asked her what she would do because I trusted her like a friend and the outcome was always spot on. Her and her assistant were both great and I highly recommend her for any event. Thank you Kathleen and Wolf's Weddings!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Summer W

Kathleen was incredibly helpful to me during my wedding day! I hired her for day-of wedding coordination services, but she went above and beyond those expectations. Kathleen was helpful during the last six weeks or so of my planning process. She provided feedback to me on my... Read More planning process and gave me helpful suggestions. She was polite, kind, funny, professional, and genuinely made me feel like she cared about me, my husband, and our wedding. Our wedding went very smoothly, and I credit a lot of that to Kathleen. Though I did not interact personally with her too much on the wedding day, many members of my family and wedding party commented to me after how great she was--she seemed to intervene in situations that no one else seemed aware of, kept everything running smoothly (even though my husband and I moved a little slowly from table to table during the reception and we were running a little behind on our timeline), constantly asked if anyone needed anything or if there was anything she could do to help, and made sure everything I wanted to happen on my wedding day happened. I definitely would recommend Kathleen to anyone interested in wedding planning/day-of services!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 shahrzad r

Kathleen was so easy to work with for my wedding a few days ago! She made everything so smooth and easy from a month out - confirming vendors for us and asking great questions about things I didn't even think of myself. I didn't meet her prior to booking but once I did meet her... Read More a month before our wedding, she seemed very confident and really had everything together. She definitely knows what she's doing and doesn't push anything on you - just asks the right questions. Kathleen decorated my venue also exactly like I wanted and it looked so so beautiful once I saw it. It's a bit scary to leave all your decor in someone's hands but she really made my vision come to life! Her husband is very helpful too and did all the engineering - hanging curtains, tissue balls and string lights - just like I wanted! I highly recommend Kathleen! She really knows what she's doing! Definitely hire her - she won't let you down!

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Emely T

Kathleen was amazing!! Even on a short notice of about 2 1/2 weeks before our wedding, Kathleen was ready to start coordinating!! She contacted all our vendors to confirm times and places, she was available for all my questions and a great communicator. Kathleen attended our... Read More rehearsals which was a great way to make sure we went through every detail for the ceremony and reception. My husband and I loved working with Kathleen and would highly recommend her to anyone who is planning their wedding. We loved Kathleen!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Emily W

Kathleen was fantastic to work with! I had a very "unconventional" wedding venue that provided no employees, leaving a lot for Kathleen to set-up and coordinate. She was fantastic and flexible throughout the whole process. I hired her for day-of services but we emailed... Read More frequently leading up to the wedding, met once before for the walk through with the caterer, and she came to the rehearsal. She was in touch with all of my vendors leading up to and on the day of my wedding to ensure that everything ran smoothly. And when problems did arise, she fixed them before I even knew about them! It was such a wonderful day and wouldn't have been that way without her help! Thanks so much, Kathleen!

Forever Grateful to Wolf's Weddings By Kathleen! :)

Reviewed on 8/08/2013 Erika M

I cannot say enough about Wolf's Weddings by Kathleen! My husband and I both work full time and felt overwhelmed by the idea of planning a wedding. We came to Kathleen with a few ideas in mind, and she was not only willing to listen and provide us with her full attention, but... Read More she also shared ideas, provided excellent suggestions, and helped us to create a wedding ceremony and reception that really reflected who we are. Kathleen met with us several times, communicated with us and with our vendors on multiple occasions, and always remained flexible, understanding, patient, professional, and extremely talented in every aspect of the wedding planning process. She was always willing to go above and beyond to ensure that our wedding ran perfectly - she was always so helpful, so positive, and so giving of herself and of her time! Kathleen is extremely talented, organized, kind, calm, supportive, and everything one could ever hope for and more in a wedding planner! My husband and I feel so fortunate to have worked with her and strongly recommend Wolf's Weddings By Kathleen. Our wedding day is a day we will never forget and its success is without a doubt due to Wolf's Weddings By Kathleen

Perfect

Reviewed on 12/09/2012 Kimberly G

Kathleen is amazing. I live in Seattle but got married in MD, planning a long distance wedding. Less than 3 months before the wedding, I started feeling very overwhelmed and stressed. I was working with a lot of vendors and had quite a few DIY projects which meant a lot of... Read More coordination and help on the day of the wedding. I thought my friends and family could help but when I laid it all out, there was a lot to do. And I didn’t want that. I didn’t want to have to track people down for photos, check to make sure everything was out and vendors had arrived. Most importantly, I didn’t want to know if something went wrong, I just wanted it handled. I knew if had a friend helping me, they would bring the issue to me and I didn’t want to deal with it. I started to consider having a day-of coordinator and my friend recommended Kathleen. She was very responsive and after a call, I decided to go ahead with a day-of-coordinator and Kathleen. In the weeks leading into the wedding, Kathleen handled all of the vendor coordination. She put together the timeline and asked really good questions. She was thorough and calm. I kept emailing her asking her if there was something I was missing because it all felt too easy. But that is exactly what she did… she made it easy. Kathleen and her assistant made the wedding day perfect. They kept everything running smoothly and gently made sure we kept close to the timeline. When I needed something, all I had to do is turn around and one of them was there. Bottom line: Hiring Kathleen was one of the best things I did. My mother was against the idea but after the wedding she agreed that it was the best thing and she apologized for giving me a hard time about it. Would the wedding have happened without Kathleen? Yes but there would have been stressful moments, nights without sleep, and probably panic attacks. Kathleen was worth every single penny and more. She made my wedding perfect.

Awesome Wedding Planner :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Doona K

Kathleen was an amazing wedding planner!!!! I only hired her to be my day of planner but she met with me several times before the wedding and worked everything out! She was very on top of things and she really knew what she was doing. I loved that she was very patient and honest... Read More with me! Kathleen walked me through the whole wedding day, discussing every little detail. She went over things that I wasn't even thinking about which was awesome! Kathleen was a very fun and organized wedding planner and I would recommend her to anyone!!! :)

What *every* wedding needs!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Mariana M

I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Wolf's Weddings! We hired them for day-of coordination, but got *so* much more than that, considering they were able to put on a perfect wedding with no power. In the middle of a heatwave. When I first contacted... Read More Wolf's Weddings, Kathleen was super responsive, and as I shared my ideas she was able to understand what I was going for and ask appropriate questions or make suggestions. I appreciated her following up with the vendors we'd selected prior to hiring her--one less thing to worry about! About a month before the wedding, we did a walk-through of the reception site and the schedule, and we were amazed not only with Kathleen's organization, but also her attention to detail; she brought up many things we hadn't thought of, and when we couldn't decide, she gave us pros/cons to help us make educated decisions. We did have some issues/misunderstandings with one of our vendors, and really only found out the extent of it through Kathleen. She did a great job of first finding out we weren't on the same page as the vendor, then quickly helping us come to a solution. What really tops all that off is what happened on the day of the wedding. The DC area was hit by a giant storm the night before, leaving both the church and reception site without power. I talked to Kathleen once that day, early in the morning--after that she took incredible initiative (and a ton of stress off of me!) in coordinating our vendors and families so that everything went perfectly...minus the fact that there was no AC! Her team was even able to locate and rent a generator (hard to find during widespread outages!) so the DJ and lights had power. While I was spared a lot of the craziness in making everything happen without power, everything I heard about the performance of the Wolf's Weddings team during the setup was glowing. I heard multiple reports of how Kathleen was in control, but respectful of everyone's super stressed state and was able to negotiate as needed. During the reception, Kathleen was great about subtly keeping us on schedule, and the fact that she was able to stay late and make sure we took everything with us was a lifesaver! Even before the power outages I would've been super enthusiastic about Kathleen and Wolf's Weddings, but seeing the way the team handled the nightmarish situation in such a graceful, professional, and efficient manner, I'm even more enthusiastic. While I don't wish a power outage during a heatwave on any bride/groom/coordinator, I believe the situation clearly demonstrated that Wolf's Weddings is amazing. If Kathleen can put on the perfect wedding with no power, she can do anything!

If you want the job done, count on Kathleen!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Jamie E

Services: Day of Coordination Package Two weeks prior to our wedding, she took over completely and was easily accessible if there were any problems. She was very attentive to our wedding timeline and made sure every detail was covered. There were things we didn't think about... Read More that she pointed out and it helped our wedding run smoothly. She contacted every vendor multiple times to make sure everything would happen accordingly. On the day of the wedding, our family was late bringing over our centerpieces and wedding decorations. I (the bride) was almost in tears. However, the second we arrived at the venue, with a smile, her exact words were, "you hired me for a reason." I immediately calmed down and was able to enjoy taking our wedding pictures. When our family arrived, she took charge and everything we wanted, she made happen! During the wedding reception, she worked so well with all the vendors and I'm pretty positive she's a big reason why our wedding program ran smoothly. She can definitely handle any problems. I would recommend Kathleen's services to everyone!

The Best!!

Reviewed on 11/05/2012 Jennifer R

Kathleen went above and beyond the call of duty. She was organized and detail oriented. She was a great resource for planning and was a complete life saver on the big day. She executed my vision perfectly and was my contact with the vendors and venue. Kathleen made my wedding a... Read More fun, stress free day and I can’t thank her enough.

Best Decision We Made

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Kim F

I was so glad I had Wolf's Weddings to help me on my wedding day! Kathleen was, by far, the most invaluable vendor on my wedding day. I almost didn't hire her because I thought I had day-of help from my caterer, but thank goodness I did! Nothing could replace the work that... Read More Kathleen did and I'm SO glad I decided to use her! Before the wedding, she answered any questions I had, went over pros & cons of every decision I wasn't sure of (always bringing in her prior experiences), but never made me feel like I had to make a certain decision or tried to sway me in any way. She really made sure the day was mine and was personalized for me. She also confirmed the wedding date with all of the vendors, coordinated all of the vendors on the day of, and managed their roles when some of them started butting heads! Having her at my rehearsal to decide on last minute details and make suggestions was also incredibly helpful as well. Having one person as my "voice" made my wedding day go much smoother than it would have without her. Whenever a vendor came up to me to ask a question, I could direct them to Kathleen because I knew she'd speak for me. I loved not being interrupted about every little detail so I could focus on having fun. She was the one vendor that I felt from start to finish that she was truly there because she enjoys her job and it was her goal to make my day special, unique, and the best day possible for ME and my husband!

Great Job!

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Erica H

Kathleen did an awesome job with as my "Day-Of" Coordination! She was attentive, she listened, she offered suggestions, and she trouble-shooted! She contacted all of my vendors many times before the wedding to ensure that everything would run smoothly. When my DJ... Read More hadnt called me back in over a week, Kathleen stepped up and called him and demanded he return my call! She stayed on top of things! I felt so secure knowing that if anything came up (and it did), that Kathy would totally handle it! She arrived at the venue early and stayed until everything was complete! She handled the curveballs that occured throughout the evening (uninvited guests actually came and needed a table setting!), and I didnt know a thing. You are definitely in good hands with Kathleen Wolf!

We love wolf's weddings!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Esther K

My husband and I got married Sunday June 17, 2012 and one of the BEST decisions we ever made was hiring Wolfs Weddings by Kathleen Wolf to be our day-of coordinator. My husband is Persian-American and I am Korean-American so we wanted to merge our cultures together and have, not... Read More one but THREE ceremonies that day. After months of planning we decided that there was just no way that we could do this ourselves and started searching for a month-of or day-of coordinator. We found Kathleen (Wolfs Weddings) and after our first conversation over the phone I knew that I wanted her to help us with our special day. She is sweet, attentive, and VERY organized. She called all our vendors ahead of time and planned out the right schedule so that everything was perfect on the day of the wedding. She explained every detail of the wedding and gave us suggestions on how to make our day even better. She was never pushy about her ideas and always allowed me to make the final decision. If she didn't think it was such a great idea or had a suggestion, she let me know in the most gentle fashion and I always ended up agreeing with her because she definitely knows what shes doing! She not only took care of all the logistics on the day but she even decorated the reception area and ceremony area just the way I asked her to! And it was more beautiful than what I imagined. Her attention to detail was a perfect fit for my 'control-freak' personality. And I can guarantee that any bride will love her as much as I do. Everything went very smoothly and was executed perfectly. I really didn't have to think or worry about anything all day and that is thanks to Kathleen and her team. I was free to party my night away! She went above and beyond to make our day perfect. She was the first one to be at the venue and the last one to leave. She double checked all the areas at the end of the night and made sure we had everything from the venue. The only regret that I have is that I didn't hire Wolfs Weddings from the beginning of this planning process! She would've made my wedding planning experience completely stress-free from day one. I highly recommend Kathleen and I am sure that she will also make your wedding day perfect! Love you Wolfs Weddings! And thank you SOO MUCH!!! With love & thanks, Esther & Amir

Excellent Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/29/2012 Rachel W

Kathy was a wonderful wedding planner. We could not have asked for more! She was always there to help us along the way and would send reminder e-mails for task that needed to be completed. She would always offer her assistance without hesitation! She would promptly get back to... Read More our e-mails and inform us if she would be out of town or unable to check her e-mail in advance. On the wedding day, she was very organized and would always check in with the groom and myself periodically. The ceremony ran smoothly as well as the reception and she took over task if they arose. We did not have to stress or worry about anything the entire day. We had some DJ issues but I never (as the bride) found out about it until after the ceremony, which was wonderful. The groom did deal with the DJ showing up late, but she was there for help the entire time and helped cool the mood and organize what we would do if they did not show up. She did a wonderful job at setting up and helping clean up before and after the wedding. She dealt with all the vendors and it was so helpful to have a “middle man”! We could not have asked for more on our special day and would recommend her to anyone!