World Trade Center Portland

Portland, OR

Book Your Wedding with World Trade Center Portland

A WEDDING VENUE IN PORTLAND, OR

Located in Portland oregon, the World Trade Center Portland offers a unique and exquisite wedding ceremony and reception venue in the waterfront district. With impressive views of the Willamette River, it is a memorable place to exchange vows and to hold a reception. The landmark building houses hundreds of corporate offices, but then is available after hours for weddings. The venue can accommodate up to 800 guests. For couples seeking an indoor or outdoor venue with a special wow factor, the World Trade Center Portland is an excellent option.

Sky Bridge Terrace. The terrace is an atrium with floor to ceiling panoramic windows that overlook the Willamette River. There are lighted diagonal beams throughout the space, which lends to the unique atmosphere. The terrace can accommodate up to 250 guests and is available for ceremonies and receptions.

Outdoor Plaza. With European influences, the plaza offers an outdoor space that is beautifully integrated with the building's architecture. It has polished tile floors, landscaped potted plants and can accommodate up to 800 guests. It is located right on the ground floor, giving guests a rare opportunity to dine in the middle of the city. Even with the temperamental rainy weather, the venue works well since it is a covered space.

Couples will work with a sales coordinator and event manager to plan the wedding. Further staffing is provided for a formal reception service, along with bartenders. The venue rental typically lasts for one hour for a ceremony and five hours for a reception. All events should conclude by midnight. Corkage fees apply to any alcohol brought in from elsewhere. The venue offers multiple options for spirits, wine and kegs of beer. Catering is provided on-site by an executive chef and outside caterers are not allowed. They will allow other outside vendors with pre-approval. There is a bride's and groom's room available for use as well. There is a 100 guest minimum. Additionally, the following items can be included in the wedding package:

• Tables
  • Chairs
  • Linens
  • Cake cutting
  • Dance floor
  • Setup and break down
  • A/V equipment

The World Trade Center Portland offers several extra perks. There is parking at the venue in an underground parking lot. They offer bride and groom snack options to ensure that they are fed in the middle of a busy day. There are many accommodation options within walking distance, making it a central and convenient location. The venue also provides some remarkable photo opportunities in its iconic and scenic views.

World Trade Center Portland

As one of the most elegant buildings in the city, the World Trade Center Portland provides a spectacular backdrop for events. Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Portland, the World Trade Center offers the finest combination of breathtaking settings, distinctive service, and unparalleled cuisine.

• Outdoor - Covered

121 SW Salmon Street, Portland, OR (503) 464-8688

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Casey S

This venue overlooks the river. The food was amazing. Danya was excellent to work with and prompt to respond. Every detail was planned by the venue. In my experience this venue comes highly recommended.

Amazing venue and people to work with

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Dana D

Danya was great all the way to the end and the people that work there were Si helpful! I am thankful to Mike who was there every step of the way and was able to answer all last second questions

Awesome Location

Reviewed on 9/14/2011 Nazia K

The location added the beauty to my wedding. The food was great. The staffs were very accommodating. I would recommend this location.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Tammy L

Where do I even begin? First we had to work with three different event coordinators. They kept switching it up on us and each time we had to explain everything all over. Their communication is horrible. The current event coordinator is no longer present on weekend events so the... Read More information that was once explained to her is now relayed to a event manager that was never present at any of the meetings or attached in any of the email communications. So he ends up asking the our day of family wedding coordinator. Everything was just so confusing and was not efficient. Next they tend to stretch the truths about certain things. We had our wedding in the beginning of October. This October was a bit cooler than most. They told us that the heaters and fans will be accessible. When we got up to the bridge for our reception it was freezing. Everyone was complaining. When asked if we could turn the heat on, they said it would cost an extra $300 to get the engineer back to turn it on! Really?! This was new information to us. We didn't pay the extra charge for it. But supposedly they said someone told them to turn it off and it was our fault. Who in their right mind would tell someone to turn off the heat in 50 degree storm weather? We never said that. So I felt like they were trying to turn the blame towards us. I was really infuriated at that point. When bringing this up to the event coordinator she pretty much phrased it like well it's all ready over and we didn't charge you anything so what do you want us to do about it? I felt like that comment was very rude and uncalled for. Food was decent. We have a lot of dietary restrictions in our family that needed gluten free products. Being a type A I confirmed all the menu items two weeks before the wedding and had them label all the gluten free options. I even made my own menu labeling those items. Well they ended up screwing up and one of the entrees they used regular porter beer that has gluten in it. Supposedly it was only in the sauce but if they braised the meat in the beer, it would also be in the meat. Again it was just the lack of paying attention to the details.... Overall the experience was not good. They screwed up the invoice several times, but would correct it when we pointed it out. So if you decide to have your wedding here (which I do not recommend) make sure you check your invoice very closely or an extra parking pass or cocktails will show up without your authorization. It's just a shame because the venue itself is very elegant and beautiful. Just lack of communication and professionalism.

2016-10-28T16:41:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience on your wedding day. We have since invested heavily in improving our staff by additional training on our standards and policies. In addition, we have reviewed our... Read Less Read More

An amazing group of people!

Reviewed on 1/03/2014 Kristen S

This venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing! Carrie answered all of my questions and was always available to meet when I needed. I am still getting compliments on how much all of our guests loved the food! They work with you and do everything they can to give you... Read More the best day possible. Mike and Lorne were great on the day-of and kept everything running smoothly! I was concerned from the beginning about the reception because of the open air and my December wedding but because this place was so beautiful I decided I just didn't care. As luck would have it, we got married on the coldest day of the year but the staff were champs through the entire thing and it was absolutely perfect! You can't go wrong with the World Trade Center and I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Stunning!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Naomi P

Danya was a blessing to work with, although she wasnt there for the big day, she made sure everything was in order. The food was FANTASTIC, and the people were so helpful! Love love love this place!

Beautiful Location Downtown

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 Whitney A

This was a beautiful location during the day and even better at night when the twinkle lights were in full display at the reception. Perfect location downtown, which was great for out of town guests, which we had lots of. It is a perfect location for the NW weather because... Read More both the ceremony site and reception site were covered just in case of rain, but because of the glass you felt like you were outside. The food was amazing! Only thing I am unhappy about is their 'wedding consultant' who really didn't seem to know what was going on. She was great at selling the site, but nothing else. For everything beyond the booking it's better to speak with the catering team. Overall all of our guests loved it and complemented us on our venue,

TOTAL PACKAGE

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Tina V

Everything at the World Trade Center was greater than I could ever imagine! What an outstanding venue. The coordinator, Danya Minyan, was on top of things through the whole process (also extremely easy to work with and quick to respond), the staff manager (Mike) was... Read More incredible to work with, the chef was superb and the food just melts in your mouth, every single Server was exceptional, the bartender was a riot, and of course the urban ambiance and lighting set the entire mood. I cannot compliment this place and the staff enough, especially Danya. Big thank you and kudos to her for the help. What a perfect event, and it could not have gone better. This venue definitely outshines all the other options we looked at in ALL categories of importance and the WTC went above and beyond our finest expectations. I would highly recommend this place to anyone! A+++++++++