Wyndham Cleveland At PlayhouseSquare

Cleveland, OH

An Elegant Setting with an Extraordinary City View

The Palace Ballroom features floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the lights of PlayhouseSquare and the stunning new outdoor chandelier. The ballroom is the perfect setting for a beautiful ceremony and a memorable reception. We would be delighted to assist you in planning your perfect celebration.

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1260 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH (216) 615-3336

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Elizabeth S

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Wyndham at Playhouse Square!! It was truly everything we asked for and then some. Jill was our wedding coordinator and she had everything under control- so much so that both of us felt no stress when it came to the reception. Along... Read More with Jill, her staff was amazing!! We had so many compliments on how quick and friendly everyone was working at the wedding. Jill and her team are truly amazing and you would not be disappointed if you choose the Wyndham!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Meredith F

Our wedding at the Wyndham at Playhouse Square was just perfect! The planning went wonderful, they were so accommodating and helpful answering any questions right up till the date. The service the night of the wedding was so wonderful, I had guests complimenting it after the... Read More fact. Everyone from the front desk , to the valets were so great to our guests and us. We would highly recommend this as a wedding venue!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017 Taylor G

I truly can't say enough good things about the Wyndham and their wedding coordinator, Beth. First, not only did the Wyndham offer far more for the money than other places we looked at, but the prices they gave us were totally comprehensive, and we never felt like they were... Read More nickel and diming us by throwing in new expenses later. Throughout the planning process, Beth was always available to answer our many questions, and made great suggestions about other vendors, the schedule for the day, food, etc. On the day of the wedding, they were on top of every detail we had discussed and everything happened seamlessly behind the scenes, allowing my family and me to just enjoy the day. The Wyndham was flexible with us to make sure the day was what we had imagined, and always went above and beyond to help make the day run smoothly (arranging for shuttles, setting up things for us, coordinating with vendors, etc.). Finally, the majority of our guests were from out of town, and the Wyndham's location was a perfect way to showcase all Cleveland has to offer. I would highly recommend the Wyndham to other brides!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Jen M

We had our dream wedding at the Wyndham in Playhouse Square. First off, we looked at a lot of venues and this was the best value. So much is included in your wedding package. You spend a lot of money on your wedding day, and it felt like they actually appreciated it and... Read More included many extra perks including the presidential suite for 2 nights, extra rooms for the wedding night for your parents, your cake (from an amazing bakery!) and complimentary valet. Also, Jill was amazing to work with. You never get a sense that you are bothering her with questions and she is always on top of everything. I spent so much time planning little details for our reception and she put everything together exactly as I had envisioned it. We also got so many compliments on the actual venue.. the ballroom is gorgeous and overlooks the chandelier and playhouse square sign. Lastly, the food is AMAZING. We had so many people say that they had never had food that good at a wedding, it is truly restaurant quality.. people were so impressed. You cannot go wrong with the Wyndham at Playhouse Square :)

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Esther S

The wedding coordinators at the Wyndham are everything a bride needs and more. They are able to answer questions and help with planning your special day. Our wedding was perfect thanks to Jill and Beth.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Tanya S

We could not have had a greater experience anywhere!!! My Fiancé is very hard to please and he was absolutely over the moon. The food was EXCEPTIONAL!!! People are still calling asking if the restaurant serves the meals we had. The staff is second to none i couldn't have chosen... Read More a better group of people to work with from the front desk staff and house keeping to the servers and Chefs. Executive Chef Zachary and Executive Sous Chef Jacob really raised my expectations for banquet type dinner. We served plated meals either Cowboy steaks, Lobster tails ,Airline chicken, Salmon or Mozzarella ravioli. The flavors in each dish was exquisite, you would have thought each plate was prepared as an individual meal. Steaks were a perfect temperature, chicken was moist, even the lobster tails were excellent. Thank You Beth for taking such good care of us!! The Wyndham will always have a special place in our hearts. The Stewarts

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Christina M

I have stayed at this Wyndham several times, and every time I am just as pleased. I am so glad to have chosen this hotel for our guests to stay at after our wedding reception. Working with Erin was one of the easiest parts of wedding planning, she was always there with an answer... Read More for everything I needed.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Lisa W

Our wedding party stayed at the Wyndham on New Year’s Eve weekend for our daughter’s wedding. The wedding was held across the street at Playhouse Square in the State Theater and was truly spectacular! We wanted our guests to be able to walk to wedding activities while... Read More enjoying the holiday lights, the Chandelier and the festive atmosphere in the district. The Wyndham did a wonderful job attending to our every need with a professional and cheerful manner. From the planning stages, to check-in, and throughout the wedding weekend the staff helped to make our celebration run smoothly. The hotel also hosted another wedding party for rooms, and a third wedding party with the wedding held at the hotel that evening. We also learned that no less than 9 wedding parties in their limos stopped at the Chandelier for photos that evening! We thank the management and staff for being part of a memorable celebration.

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Claire D

I am so happy we chose the Wyndham. We had a December wedding here and it was beautifully decorated for Christmas. Beth, the event coordinator, is amazing to work with. She was super responsive, always worked with us and our budget, answered my million e-mails, and was... Read More incredibly knowledgeable and nice. The venue was beautiful, the food was amazing, and the centerpieces provided as part of the package are actually really nice. The day turned out better than I could've imagined with only a few hiccups. This is one of the best deals for a downtown wedding at a cool hotel. Highly recommend it. My only small complaint is the front desk messed up the room block sometimes, but Beth fixed it immediately.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Renee S

We visited many venues in Cleveland and are very happy with our choice of the Wyndham. Beth Blankenship, by far,was the most helpful and professional coordinator that we came in contact with during our search. The reception was beautiful and exactly as planned. Many special... Read More requests were granted and we were completely happy with the service provided. So much is included in the price per person,making it a very good value as well. We received many compliments on the reception and the breakfast we hosted the next morning. Our centerpieces and leftover pastries were used at the breakfast which was a nice detail too.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Julianna C

What a dream our wedding was! Beth went way above and beyond for us. Planning was smooth - it was really nice to have so much guidance and we could tell that she really cared what we wanted and made it happen. The tasting was thorough and fun, our meetings with Beth always went... Read More well - she took detailed notes and promised the best. And she did not disappoint! The entire staff at Wyndham were wonderful (valets, front desk, etc.) and all of our decor looked beautiful the way Beth's team set it up. She really captured our vision and it was a stress-free week knowing that all was taken care of. The night was amazing - great bartenders, Beth running around making sure everything was running smoothly and all of our vendors had everything they needed, beautiful space, lovely night for cocktail hour on the patio... I could go on and on. Our guests loved the ease of having the reception in a hotel, too. Walkable area in the middle of Cleveland so people were able to go out the night before the wedding and nice being able to take an elevator upstairs to their rooms. And our honeymoon suite! Holy wow! Incredible view, HUGE room, we had an afterparty up there and there was more than enough space to accommodate a huge group without anyone needing to go into our separate bedroom or bathroom.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016

My husband and I cannot express how pleased we were with our wedding planning process and overall outcome for our reception at the Wyndham. Beth Blankenship, the event coordinator at the Wyndham, is truly the reason why we chose this venue. She made the entire planning process... Read More so smooth. She is extremely timely, understanding, organized, and just a very nice person to speak with. If you are looking for a stress-free, classy, and fun wedding reception in a great location- this is your place. Beth and her colleagues made our experience so wonderful, especially because I thought the stress of planning a wedding would hit me during the the days leading up to and the day of our reception and it never did. As I spoke to others who warned me about how stressful wedding planning can be, lets just say as a bride I did not experience those stressful feelings because Beth did such an outstanding job making sure the details were all figured out. I highly recommend this venue :)

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Tess B

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Wyndham in July this year. We would not change one thing. Months before we had our wedding tasted offered by the Wyndham where we got to invite our family. The food was great. Beth (wedding coordintaor) was able to show us... Read More wedding receptions before we had ours so we got a better idea of how things would look. Beth was a great help and was always there to answer our questions. The day of our wedding, things could not have looked better or went smoother thanks to Beth and the Wyndham. It was so pretty inside and my only recommendation to others would be to get uplighting for the columns that overlook the chandiler and also maybe have one for the head table to shine on the wall behind the bride and groom. I thought this made pictures and video look nicer. This is something the DJ service you choose could provide. All of the little details the Wyndham put together for us we will never forget, from the signiture drink, to the champange with the strawberry garnish. Everything was perfect. The Wyndham also provided complimentary chair covers, table covers, bridal suite, and paretns suite for both bride and groom, complimentary shuttle service if the location where you get married is close downtown, which I think goes a long way, also a cake from Wild Flour where you go design it, not all places provide all of that. I love the Wydham and will never forget our wonderful reception.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Stewart P

Our January 2016 wedding was magnificent!! Beth was absolutely awesome from our first meeting till the very end. The entire staff was so efficient and genuinely happy - everyone tried to make our day as perfect as possible. Beth worked great with all our vendors and made every... Read More wish we had possible! Our cocktail hour was so elegant, the entire reception ran so smooth, and our farewell breakfast the next day was a perfect ending. We felt so well supported through the whole planning process and the events - everyone was so attentive and courteous to us and our guests. Our guests commented about the service they received and the classy atmosphere the Wyndham provided!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016

We were extremely happy with the Wyndham for my daughter's wedding. The coordinator, Beth Blankenship, is absolutely fantastic to work with. She promptly responded to communications during our planning stage and the day of the wedding was fantastic looking over every detail.... Read More I can't say enough about her! The hotel looked beautiful and the staff working the wedding reception was wonderful. It was so nice to have the Presidential Suite for the bride and bridesmaids to get ready in the day of the wedding- a real bonus. This is a great place to have a wedding !

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Arianne C

Beth is amazing to work with! She made sure everything was perfect for our big day. The food was outstanding. The view of the chandelier was incredible. The space was perfect for what we wanted. Due to weather we were not able to use the upstairs patio for our cocktail hour but... Read More the inside space worked perfectly. It was gorgeous and spacious enough to fit all my guests. We had a smaller wedding for the space but the table layout made the room feel full. I cannot say enough good things about Beth and the entire staff at the Wyndham.

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Megan P

Our wedding was on January 23, 2016 at the Wyndham in downtown Cleveland. Beth, the wedding coordinator, was fantastic. I must have emailed her a hundred times and she responded promptly each time. She also followed my instructions for decor and preparation perfectly. I cannot... Read More say enough good things about her! She's great. Also, the location itself is perfect and unique in its own way. It is right in playhouse square so you get a view of the chandelier from the ballroom. Honestly our wedding was perfect in every way. The reception flowed perfectly and Beth was on top of it the whole time. The service staff was perfect as well, especially the bartenders. Our friends and family are raving about what a great time they had and how much they enjoyed the food. It truly was fantastic. If you are looking for a wedding venue that is the total package, check out the Wyndham. They know how to do weddings seemlessly!

We loved Beth and the Wyndham!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Stephanie M

We could not have been happier with our wedding at the Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square. We planned our wedding from Washington DC, and planning a wedding from a distance can be difficult but our coordinator Beth really made it all easy. She was fast to respond to emails (a... Read More must in my book), was willing to work with us on customizing our beer list (very important to us) and last-minute changes. The staff at the Wyndham could not have been more professional and we enjoyed interacting with everyone we met. We had our ceremony and reception at the Wyndham and we were worried about the ceremony looking too much like a hotel ballroom, but we had it in front of the windows and it was great. We have gotten so many compliments on the reception and the venue in general that we cannot recommend the Wyndham highly enough--the food was delicious and we continue to get compliments on it. Thank you to Beth and the wonderful team at the Wyndham who made our whirlwind weekend not only classy and lovely, but a blast and a breeze.

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Rita B

We had our wedding at another venue, but stayed at the Wyndham with our guests before and after the wedding. The staff allowed us to Host a "meet and greet with the bride and groom" after the rehearsal for our out of town guests. It was wonderful! We additionally hosted... Read More a "hangover brunch" the next day, that was also excellent! The 2 negative things about the stay: 1. Our room was not ready at 3:10 when we arrived, we were told it would be ready at 3pm. When it was not ready, we were place in another room, that ANOTHER GUEST had already checked in to. Thankfully when my husband alerted the front desk to the issue, it was resolved in 10 minutes. we were very satisfied with our suite 2. when we called for our car on Friday night (rehearsal and dinner to get to), we were told to call 15 minutes in advance. We called 20 minutes in advance. We waiting for 35 minutes for our car, which made us 20 minutes late to our own rehearsal and dinner. My aunt and uncle also waiting nearly 40 minutes for their car besides the 2 mishaps, all went well. Oh and 3 days later i'm still waiting to hear back from them about a $400 charge on my credit card.

Wedding Reception at the Wyndham Cleveland Playhouse Square

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

We'd like to thank the entire Wyndham staff for everything you did to make this wedding so amazing. When we first toured the Wyndham with Beth Blankenship, we were confident that Beth and her staff would be attentive to every detail and we were right! They were extremely... Read More helpful throughout the entire process. All of the reception spaces looked beautiful. Thank you for taking time to place all the "froufrou" so artfully, creating such an elegant entryway for our guests. Thanks, too, to the staff who carefully assembled all of the decorations at the end of the evening and then helped to load them into our cars the next day. Ditto to the wonderfully warm staff who greeted us curbside on Thursday to welcome us and help unload our cars. They made us feel so special! We've received many, many compliments about the food, the staff, the accommodations and every single thing about the experience at The Wyndham. We will happily recommend The Wyndham to our friends who are planning a wedding.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Alison W

I cannot even begin to express how happy we were with the Wyndham! It far exceeded our expectations. Our coordinator, Beth Blankenship, was wonderful and was there for us every step of the way. She was always quick to respond and was very honest! I felt comfortable asking her... Read More questions that didn't even directly pertain to the Wyndham, because I knew she would be upfront. There were so many perks that were included (shuttle, Wild Flour cake, centerpieces, room for bride/groom, rooms for the parents etc.) that it took a lot of the stress out of planning. Beth did a wonderful job taking my vision and creating the most beautiful reception! Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was and have much fun they had! Our reception was perfect and it truly was the best night of our lives. Thank you so much to everyone at the Wyndham for all their help, especially Beth!

Wedding October 2015

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Beth at the Wyndham was great to work with. She was quick to respond to the wedding couple who are from out of town. That is the main reason they chose the Wyndham. She were very easy to work with and very helpful with the small requests the couple had.

Excellence!!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Areta Z

Don't know where to begin to thank everyone at the Wyndham at Playhouse Square for an incredible wedding for my daughter which lasted for three days. My primary contact was always Beth Blankenship. I realized what a wonderful feeling it was to have someone say "we can do that"... Read More to everything I requested. More importantly for them to take my vision and make it a reality. From the chef who catered to special diet requests to Beth who helped create my vision in decorating a glamorous environment in the ballroom, creating room blocks and everything in between. The Staff were very courteous and helpful. People have been so complimentary about all aspects of the wedding including the valet efficiency. Beth was always available and replied very quickly to any calls or emails. She made last minute changes quickly and easily. We had two other events there that weekend - cocktails on the terrace friday and a sumptuous breakfast on sunday in the ballroom. It all went off without a hitch. My most sincere thanks to all who made it possible - especially you Beth!!!!!

Attention to Detail

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was held at Wyndham Cleveland this past weekend. There aren't enough good things that I can say about Beth Blankenship, the event coordinator. She responded almost immediately to every email and showed great attention to detail. We received... Read More many compliments on the food and the way things were handled at the Wyndham. Many of our guests told us they never had such a great meal at a wedding! Part of the wedding package included complimentary suites for the bride and groom, and one for each set of parents. The suite for the newlyweds was so large that after the reception we partied in their room until around 2:30 a.m. It was so nice to wind down in a small gathering and spend some personal time with the bride and groom. We hosted a breakfast the next morning for our guests who stayed overnight. We were impressed with the way the buffet was presented and how courteous and efficient the staff was. I would not hesitate to recommend the Wyndham to anyone for a future wedding.

Wyndham wedding reception

Reviewed on 9/16/2015

This hotel did a wonderful job with our daughter's wedding reception. Guests raved about the great food. Beth Blankenship was amazing. No need for a wedding planner, she does it all so well. Playhouse Square is a good location for in-town and out-of-town guests. They enjoyed... Read More downtown Cleveland and especially East 4th, Heinen's, and the Horseshoe Casino which were all walking distance.