Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

Chicago, IL

Book Your Wedding with Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

Located in Chicago, Illinois, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront offers an upscale city view venue for wedding ceremonies and receptions. Choose from the traditional Grand Ballroom to the chic Penthouse Ballroom and Terrace for an unforgettable wedding. With catering provided on site along with comfortable accommodations available to guests, couples can enjoy a simple planning process. The catering service offers a wide array of dishes that range from hors d’oeuvres to plated courses and late-night snacks. Particularly with the Penthouse Ballroom and adjacent Terrace, guests enjoy spectacular views of the city, made even more romantic after dusk when all of the city lights sparkle in the backdrop. For couples seeking a high-class hotel venue with top-notch views, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is an excellent option.

Penthouse Ballroom. Located on the top floor of the hotel building, the Penthouse Ballroom is urban luxury at its best. With lush carpeting and floor-to-window views of the city, guests truly enjoy the city dining experience. Uplighting in the ballroom can bring out its trendy vibe.

39th Floor Outdoor Terrace. Adjacent to the Penthouse Ballroom, the terrace offers an immersive city experience. With glass walls encompassing the space, beautiful stonework and the surrounding skyscrapers offer an urban chic setting for cocktail receptions or outdoor ceremonies. Outdoor heaters can be added to accommodate mingling during receptions at the Penthouse Ballroom as well. It is available in spring, summer and fall months.

Grand Ballroom. The space offers a classic banquet space with modern carpeting, muted tones and modern chandeliers. There are also inlaid lighting and sconces throughout, providing a well-lit space for ceremonies or receptions. The room is a fairly blank canvas and gives couples the opportunity to bring the space to life with their vision. The simple addition of linens, chair covers and centerpieces tie the reception site together.

Catering is provided on site by Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront. Couples work with a catering manager to plan a wedding menu, which typically begins with butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, continues with a plated dinner and finishes up with dessert. The fare is upscale and on trend. Wine service is an option for the dinner. Beverages can be served and bartenders are provided. Cake and cake-cutting is also provided.

Additional items included in wedding packages include linens, napkins and votive candles for table settings. A dance floor is available for the reception. All other outside vendors should be hired from the hotel's preferred vendor list. Outside vendors not on the list require pre-approval. Confetti is allowed with an additional cleaning fee. The venue rental is charged at a base rate for six hours, with additional time incurring an hourly charge. For events planned for the outdoor terrace, the weather report must show less than a 40 percent chance of rain and wind gusts less than 14 mph.

Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront offers several extra perks:

• Framed table numbers
  • Complimentary suite for the newly wedded couple
  • Upgraded rooms for the couple's parents
  • Welcome gifts delivered to guests' rooms
  • Valet parking
  • Coat check
  • Signature drink

Celebrate in Grand Style

Modern. Sophisticated. Show-stopping. Impress your guests in one of our two newly renovated ballrooms. Our 39th floor Penthouse Ballroom features a stunning outdoor terrace and panoramic city views, while our new Grand Ballroom is perfect for larger parties.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel, Rooftop

Food + Catering, Planning

71 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL (312) 462-7065

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Breanna C

My husband and I had our wedding at the Wyndham on 9/23/2017 and we both were so thrilled with how everything turned out. Its such a beautiful space, everyone couldn't stop raving about the view and the food! The favorite appetizer by far were the grilled cheese dips (so... Read More delicious!). Brianna Coyle, the coordinator there, is fantastic to work with. She will go to bat for you on any requests you make. We even had them swap out the beer in our bar package to a local brew and they had no problems! Many guests told us this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Would pick the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront again in a heart beat!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Tony P

Best Location in Chicago! The Wyndham penthouse and terrace has got to be one of the best locations for a ceremony/reception in Chicago. The views are just breathtaking - in every direction! This is a special place that immediately puts everyone in a great mood. We had about... Read More 100 guests, which is just about perfect for this venue. Our ceremony was outside - it was a beautiful evening (a bit windy, but guests could always duck inside and still enjoy the setting). The passed hors d'oeuvres were delicious! - and the dinner courses were great too! The interior space is as stunning as the terrace. It's really just a wonderful place to have an event. It should be on everyone's short list!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Lauren J

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, and that is of course partly due to this incredible venue. We were very fortunate to have beautiful weather so we got to use the terrace. Everyone was so impressed with the views. Also, being able to stay in the same building after the... Read More reception was a Godsend. And the rooms are so nice (especially the bridal suite)! We worked with Brianna, and she was very sweet. She was knowledgeable, responsive and helpful. She also was there throughout most of the event. This space says that it can fit 130 seated. We had 70, and felt like it was the perfect about of people. There was plenty of room to move around and everyone was comfortable!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Alex S

I can't say enough about how great our experience at the Wyndham was! I love that I still hear from our guests how great the wedding was - the food, the service and oh my gosh the stunning views. I can't stop staring at our wedding photos! The Wyndham is such a beautiful... Read More setting for any day, let alone your wedding day. Throughout our entire day Brianna was there to make sure everything went exactly as we wanted. She's a real professional that I'm glad was a part of our wedding day. Book this venue for the views, the AMAZING food, and how easy it is to plan your wedding with Brianna and the Wyndham team!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Cathy T

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront on the most perfect July day in 2017. The rooftop terrace was perfect for cocktail hour and the penthouse floor ballroom has the most spectacular views of the city and the Chicago river. Our... Read More guests couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was! Not only is the location perfect (Wabash & the Chicago River), but the food was also outstanding. It was difficult to pick our entrees during our menu tasting because it was all so delicious. It is very apparent that the chef takes pride in what he makes for his guests. Lastly, Brianna, the wedding coordinator, was wonderful to work with. She answered our questions promptly and professionally, and her help on the big day was definitely needed. She helped to ensure the ballroom looked just as we had hoped (it actually far exceeded our expectations!), set up our table place cards and decorations, and kept everything on time for us. Between cocktail hour and the reception, they even have chimes they play to help guests to know the reception is about to begin; it was so charming! Brianna is a gem and very easy to work with. Overall, we just loved our wedding reception venue. The location and views are amazing, and the chef, bar/wait staff, and Brianna all worked so hard to make sure our big day was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Jennifer H

The Wyndham Grand was an amazing choice for our daughter's beautiful wedding! From our first contact with Brianna, the wedding specialist, we knew we had made the right choice. She was with us every step of the way. She was so helpful in guiding us with the planning and... Read More accommodating of our special requests. The food was amazing and the table service impeccable. Brianna was just one email or phone call away when we needed her. I would HIGHLY recommend the Wyndham Grand Penthouse ballroom and Brianna to any bride/groom looking for spectacular views and service. Thank you, thank you Wyndham Grand and Brianna for making our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding so special!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Megan C

We had our wedding at The Wyndham Penthouse in September 2017 and it was truly our dream wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect. Working with Brianna made our lives so much easier. She was so fun to work with and helped make our vision come together exactly how we imagined.... Read More She was so organized and always willing to answer any questions I had. At both our rehearsal and wedding day Brianna was so attentive to every detail, immediately calmed any fears I had, and truly made everything come together perfectly. The food was also AMAZING! Beautiful presentation and tasted great. I even had a few guests reach out to me after the wedding that they were still dreaming about how good the food was! Also, both myself and a few of the guests had a food allergies (gluten-free and dairy-free required) and Brianna and staff were more than accommodating to make sure our meal was how we needed it. Truly impressed by the food offering and your guests will be too! Lastly, the venue itself is absolutely beautiful. There are no words to describe the views from every window at the Penthouse. Our guests were in awe at the 360 views of downtown Chicago. Our photos from the day are incredible. Overall, we highly recommend choosing The Wyndham for your special day!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Trish O

Three Words: ATTENTION TO DETAIL. The wedding coordinator (Brianna) at the Wyndham, did such an incredible job from beginning to end. During setup of the flowers and dining room tables, we had hired an outside vendor to put a personalized wrap on the dance floor. It had our... Read More names and wedding date with a few designs on it. The date was wrong due to a defect in the printing and Brianna had corrected the mistake. I wanted to start this review off a little differently because we read thru so many reviews when choosing a location that were all the same, of how great everything was and how wonderful of a day they had. After just spending several months planning a wedding and pouring our heats into all the details, we can say the most important thing that a venue can do for you is provide a point person that will not only provide you with the same level of detail, but also someone that truly wants your day to be the most magical day of our life. The views in the penthouse at the Wyndham are absolutely incredible and no other location in Chicago will provide you with such a great atmosphere. The staff was amazing, attending not only to us (the bride and groom) but to every single guest. You know you picked the right venue when months after your wedding you are still hearing from your guests of how incredible the reception was. Once again I can't speak loud enough for all the work Brianna did for us. There must have been hundreds, which seemed liked thousands, of emails that went back and forth, but each time Brianna wrote back detailed answers, in a a timely matter. She made sure to keep you on point and aware of everything that needed to be done. Good Luck to everyone that is going to be getting married and trust me you will not be disappointed in choosing the Wynhdam for your big day!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Amber M

We had our New Year's Eve wedding ceremony and reception in the Penthouse at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront and it was absolutely incredible. Brianna was very attentive and helpful throughout the entire process. She was always available for any question, even if it was an... Read More obvious answer. The day before the wedding, I was able to give her a box of all of our items (cake knife and server, confetti, NYE party hats and noise makers, place cards, card box, etc.) and she set all of it up perfectly and then returned it all to our honeymoon suite after the reception. She even left a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Having both the ceremony and reception in the Penthouse worked very well. Our guests were able to arrive at the hotel for the ceremony, proceed into the hallway with floor to ceiling windows for cocktails and h'orderves, and then back into the Penthouse for the reception. Guests didn't need to drive to a new location or pay for parking in multiple places. The terrace was open, so our guests were able to cool down and even see the fireworks at midnight! The best part about the entire experience was that they were able to make EVERYTHING gluten free. My husband has Celiac and needs all food prepared separately, so what they offered was to do the entire menu gluten free. Even though it was gluten free, the food still tasted incredible. Our guests kept asking us how the groom was able to stay away from the food and were shocked when we told them it was entirely gluten free. When I say everything, I mean even the late-night snacks of grilled cheese and reuben sandwiches. We also had a Starbucks cold brew station, which definitely helped us make it to midnight! Brianna worked with all of our vendors, even though they weren't all on the preferred vendor list. She was very open to everyone's ideas and helped up accommodate to make our wedding day absolutely breathtaking. Because the wedding was in winter, she allowed us to go down to the 6th Floor ballroom to take our pictures during the cocktail hour and escorted us back up to the Penthouse for our introductions at the reception. She even helped bustle my dress! To top everything off, we were able to sign up for Wyndham Rewards and earned points for every dollar spent. We have been staying at Wyndham hotels for free for the past year, even on our honeymoon! The views from the venue are beautiful. The hotel is right on the river so you get the city in the background of all pictures. And, the Penthouse was used in the Dark Knight for Bruce Wayne's Penthouse, which my husband has been bragging about ever since we chose the venue. I do not know of anything that went wrong the day of the wedding. Brianna made sure to take care of everything and never once stressed me out. I would highly recommend the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront to anyone looking to get married in Chicago.

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Donata G

We got married at the Wyndham last Saturday on August 26, 2017. Overall, it was a great experience. Brianna who was our on-site contact did an outstanding job responding to all our questions and concerns throughout the whole process and managing the event the day of the... Read More wedding. The penthouse is a beautiful venue - the views of the city are stunning and the outdoor ceremony couldn't have been more beautiful. Having the terrace the whole night is a huge bonus as well. Our dinner - appetizers, soup, salad and dessert were delicious; most of our guests ordered the sea bass and the hotel/restaurant did not debone the fish (it was a fillet) which seems unacceptable; we had one of the guests complaint about the bones and, unfortunately, he was given a little negative attitude from the wait staff. The steak was good but on the well done side (little overcooked for some). Bronzini was delicious. There is no storage whatsoever on the penthouse level so bringing your own decorations for the ceremony can be challenging. Brianna was nice enough to put a lot of the stuff (place cards, seating charts, party favors)in her office and even put it out for us but all the ceremony decorations had to be stored in one of our guest's room. At our ceremony we did a wine ceremony for which we needed a glass of wine and I had to bring my own bottle of wine - we were spending over $20k for the wedding and they could not give us one glass of wine before the bar opened. In summary, we had a beautiful wedding and a great overall experience with the hotel, outside of the fact that they did not debone the sea bass - I just wish we knew and did not put the sea bass on the menu; there were no bones during our tasting. We would definitely recommend the hotel for a city wedding.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Brittany B

Brianna was everything we wanted in a catering manager. She did much more than expected from the very first day until the last. She helped with our problems, responded quickly, organized difficult situations, was always smiling, and very fun to work with. She made a stressful... Read More day relaxing and enjoyable. I would not recommend anyone but her in Chicago. The venue was GORGEOUS. It rained and we still enjoyed every second of being in that windowed room. The view is absolutely unbeatable in Chicago (we visited over 40 places before settling on this one). Cannot praise them enough! Bravo and we thank them for making our wedding the best day of our lives. The rehearsal and Sunday brunch were great too. -Brittany and Cem "Gem" Kuru

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Francesca P

Do you self a favor and don't ask questions about your wedding venue! If you are into delicious food, gorgeous views, professional service and a wedding coordinator that will make any bride feel like a princess? Look no further. Wyndham Grand River Front was amazing. My husband... Read More and I knew we wanted to get married there, we live across the street and every weekend would stare up into the beautiful space and watch weddings and events. Brianna, was amazing! Honestly, as a bride we freak about everything and she was on top of every little detail. Prior to her coming on we signed up with someone who was on their way out and as soon as that happened Grace, who is the the Director of Catering and Events, stepped in for the time being. It was seamless and Grace made us a priority every time I needed her. Brianna came on about 4 months before our wedding. And from the moment I met her, I knew my big day was going to be great! I must have emailed her 10 times a week. Sometimes just to get her opinion on a color. It never took more than a couple hours at max to get a response, even on the poor girls day off! She would meet us on Sunday nights and after her work hours during the week to look at lights and things that only I cared about while respecting that we work and needed to meet at weird hours. But absolutely most all, day of. You have two choices when you are a bride, freak about everything and miss the most important day of my life or sit back relax and enjoy the ride. I wont lie not everything went according to plan, but the minute there was a sign of anything it was like magic, all of a sudden Brianna is there and problem is solved. Mind you we got married on a day when it was 105 heat index and super storm cells raging during my cocktail hour (on the outdoor terrance!). From beginning to end she, and the entire staff at the Wyndham Grand River Front took care of us. I highly recommend their venue. It was the most perfect day!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Kerry B

We had our wedding reception at the Wyndham and we were so pleased! It is a true gem in the middle of the city. The view from the penthouse and terrace are amazing and the staff was so accommodating to our guests. The food is good and Brianna is great to work with. Highly... Read More recommend as a wedding reception venue!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Lina S

My husband, Rob, and I recently got married in the Penthouse Ballroom & Terrace on July 3,2016. Brianna Coyle (our SUPERSTAR wedding specialist from the hotel) was without a doubt the most detail-oriented and helpful person I have worked with! She made sure every detail was... Read More ironed out and exactly as I had asked it to be. She was always willing to meet and/or discuss more details and I never felt that she was too busy for my small 100-person wedding. Jessica, the banquets manager was excellent as well. She made sure all of the details were perfect and both checked in with us leading up to and throughout the event. Rob and I are so lucky to have had the PERFECT wedding team to help us on this very special day. I would 110% recommend this property and especially Brianna for your wedding! She is a hard-worker and go-getter and well make sure every aspect of your wedding day is flawless!

Thank you to our Wyndham team!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Julie

This venue (the terrace and ballroom on the penthouse) is absolutely stunningly gorgeous. Our guests raved about our wedding "literally on the top of Chicago," and many described it as the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever attended. The food was exceptional – we’ve received... Read More compliments from guests on all three of the food options we served. And most importantly, and a handful of truly wonderful people made sure our night went perfectly. Thank you very much!

Kendall / Wyndham = INCREDIBLE!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Marissa H

My wife and I were recently married at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront (September 2014) and we have the very best things to say about not only the venue, but Kendall Krug - the Catering Sales Manager. From the first time we met Kendall, she did everything in her power... Read More to accommodate our budget, needs, wants, and frankly - our neurotic personalities. As wedding planning can be somewhat stressful, especially for us trying to plan in a 4 month period - we had LOTS of questions / concerns for Kendall. She handled them without so much as a pause and left our minds at ease from start to finish. We got to know Kendall personally throughout the process and this put us even more at ease. She, David and Stephanie didn't miss a beat at the ceremony, reception and during the entire night. In terms of the venue: I have been a Chicago resident my entire life and can't say I've seen a more ideal setting for a city wedding. Many hotels offer cramped reception areas without windows, views, or outdoor spaces to enjoy. The Wyndham has all of these in spades. Situated on the River near the Michigan Avenue Bridge, the views from the reception hall are nearly 360 degrees of the Loop, River, Magnificent Mile and some of the cities greatest landmarks. If weather allows, I highly suggest having your event when you can utilize the outdoor patio - UTTERLY STUNNING. As for the reception hall, the floor to ceiling windows on three walls mean you do not have to spend money dressing the room with flowers or any additional decorations - the view says it all. Let's not forget the Chef's - they were so very kind, accommodating, and talented. The food was truly fantastic and our guests raved. Just a teaser - the lamb lollipop appetizer is a must for the meat-eaters interested in the space. Clearly, my wife and I can't speak highly enough of both Kendall and the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront! Our best to Kendall and thank you!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Katie M

This venue speaks for itself with the floor-ceiling windows and view of the city. The outdoor terrace is a great addition to the reception because it allows for a totally different vibe than the one inside. Guests who don't like to dance, want to get some fresh air, or have a... Read More nice chat can sit out there while the dance floor is loud and booming! The food was amazing and we were able to add local microbrews to our bar. The shining star here is Kendall. She is so wonderful to work with when planning. I hadn't the first clue about organizing a wedding and she effortlessly guided me through the whole thing. The day of, I had tons of boxes (vases, candle holders, etc) that I brought up to the Penthouse and all I did was say what it was for and she put everything together for the ceremony and the reception. She was really fun to work with and responded to all my emails very quickly. She goes above and beyond anything I think her position entails and is always so kind, professional and funny! If you're thinking of this venue, I would definitely recommend you book it. They will work with you and help in any way they can. Parking, as with any hotel in the city, is not the cheapest, so I just recommended using Spothero to my guests. The block of rooms set aside was pretty reasonable for the season. The linens and table settings that come with the booking are very beautiful and work with any color scheme, but I did upgrade the chairs.

Amazing Wedding, Amazing Views, and Great Staff

Reviewed on 8/16/2014 Andrea R

My husband and I were married at the hotel earlier this month and cannot say enough good things about the venue and in particular, Kendall Krug,the Catering Sales Manager. To be honest when we started planning our wedding, I did not want a "hotel" wedding. However, the minute we... Read More saw the views of the Chicago skyline we fell in love. Then we met Kendall, which was the icing on the cake knowing we had made the right decision. Kendall worked with us every step of the way to make sure our food was unique. Beyond that she went above and beyond to accommodate some last minute requests, including skyping my Maid of Honor in for the ceremony. She did so with a smile on her face and a calm that any bride appreciates. Our guests are still raving about the space, the food, and the overall party.

Our riverfront winter wedding

Reviewed on 1/18/2014 christine j

We couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding reception. The staff at Wyndham grand specially Chelsey the banquet manager made everything really easy for us. We are also very particular with the food and the meal they served was so delicious. Even though we had a... Read More buffet set-up, the one they had at the hotel wasn't tacky silver serving dishes, everything was set-up tastefully. And it worked out for the best because the guests loved the food, that a lot of them went back for more. The day we had our wedding was the first snowfall of the season which caused some delays getting back from the ceremony site. But chelsey and her team adjusted quickly to the changes. The venue itself had wonderful glass windows all around that the evening was embraced in Chicago's lovely skyline. The bridal suite was very nice and spacious and we appreciated the treats they had waiting for us in the room. We definitely felt we got our money's worth. We loved it!! Thanks chelsey and to the rest of your awesome staff!

Million dollar view with first class service

Reviewed on 12/30/2013

We just had our reception this past weekend and things couldn't have gone better. Chelsey and her team delivered on everything. The food was outstanding. We heard from multiple guests that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. The new outdoor space only adds to the... Read More venue (we were able to use it with the heaters). A million dollar view with great service and outstanding food. We couldn't be happier.

Guests All Said: "Best Wedding We've Ever Been To!"

Reviewed on 12/30/2013 Cheryl S

We just had our wedding reception (12/28/13) at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront (formerly Hotel 71). I can honestly say that our experience, as well as our guests' experience was second to none. Chelsey took care of everything from the beginning, and the end product was... Read More spectacular! Chelsey was always very prompt and responsive to our requests, and whenever there was an issue, she worked with the appropriate people to get it resolved as quickly as possible. A few comments we received from our guests were: "best food I've ever had at a wedding," "million dollar views," "late night snacks were awesome!" and "the rooms and views were spectacular." The recent renovations made to the ballroom, cocktail area, and outdoor space were beautiful. And more people than we can count told us, "this was the best wedding I have ever been to." Thank you for a truly awesome wedding weekend! Chelsey, you made our wedding dreams a reality!

Affordable and beautiful and amazing responsiveness/service!

Reviewed on 12/22/2013 Laura K

We used The Wyndham Grand Chicago as our hotel for our wedding block in downtown Chicago. They were by far the cheapest of any legitimate hotel downtown for our wedding in September 2013 and I’ve stayed there before and knew the rooms were incredible. They have a sales person... Read More that is with you from start to finish which was very comforting; Lori helped us with so many questions. She was able to keep us informed of every detail. The Wyndham Grand Chicago had pricing for valet that was in line with other hotels’ pricing from my research. Their location is perfect for any out of town guest wanting a view of the Chicago River and to be right in the middle of things; a close walk to Michigan Avenue, accessible to the CTA train system for airport routes, and in an area that is easy to find cabs. I was nervous at first to commit to filling 80% of the rooms in the agreed upon block but you just have to have a count of how many people would actually stay there before you sign the contract so you make sure you fill that amount; we met our block minimum with no problem. They had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for my husband and I when we arrived after our wedding which was so thoughtful. They had cribs available for my nieces and nephews, which was extremely helpful. Their lobby is beautiful and is great to have a few people wait around in. They delivered all of the guest packages to their rooms for a small fee but they all were there waiting for them when they got into their rooms. I would recommend The Wyndham Grand Chicago to any couple for their wedding block because of their inexpensive pricing comparably, incredible service, much appreciated reliability, great responsiveness, and beautiful lobby and rooms.

Beautiful venue and great service overall

Reviewed on 12/05/2013 Sonila s

Let me start by saying that I planned our wedding two months before the big day due to unexpected pregnancy. This place exceeded our expectations. It has a great view, Chelsey the sales manager was so helpful and kind that made the whole process go smoothly. We were on a budget,... Read More so I didnt have a wedding planner, however Chelsey took care of many things beyond what i was expecting. The food was also the most delicious food in Chicago. We go out quite often to eat, however the chef at Wyndham is amazing. He impressed all our guest but especially us. His food is so creative and delicious that we went back for our first anniversary to get the same food he made for our wedding. The venue, the food and staff have all 5 stars from us. If you want your day to be beautiful, stress free, and delicious food this is the place to be.

Wedding of our Dreams in the Heart of the City!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Norma A

We planned our wedding from Southern California and I was nervous about the overwhelming task. I needn't have worried because Chelsey, the Catering Manager, was amazing to work with. She was not only responsive, detailed and organized, but also an absolute delight to work with -... Read More very professional, accommodating, and enthusiastic every step of the way. The moment I walked into the 39th floor ballroom at Hotel 71 (Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront) during our first site visit, I knew it would be the place to host the best day of my life. It took my breath away! Floor-to-ceiling windows and a 360 degree view of the entire city -- it doesn't get any better than this. We had a very precise vision of what we wanted our wedding to be and Chelsey helped me bring everything to life. Everything on the day of went seamlessly without any mishaps whatsoever. It was awesome. The food is amazing (Chelsey and the Chef both worked with me to customize portions of my menu and cocktail offerings), the service is top-notch and the venue itself is unparalleled. Four months later, we still get compliments on our wedding, and we loved it so much we fully plan to fly in to spend our first anniversary at the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront! If you're looking for a venue for your wedding, stop the search, you've found what you're looking for. Book it. Now.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Megan W

I cannot praise this venue enough! The space is breathtaking with floor to ceiling windows and amazing city views. A night wedding captures the space perfectly. Everyone raved about the food and cake. And our coordinator, Chelsey, was with us every step of the way. I can... Read More honestly say our wedding day went on without a hitch and I was able to enjoy every moment. Get married here!