A musical night you will NEVER forget!!!

WOW your guests! Yazz Jazz Entertainment has everything you need from smooth, mellow sounds to high-energy dance music! With top-notch musicians and DJ’s, Yazz Jazz will customize your wedding to your liking. You will get unlimited consultations and extreme attention to detail!

Instruments

Accordion, Banjo, Bugle, Cello, Fiddle, Flute, Guitar, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Mandolin, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Steel Drum, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Buffalo Grove, IL Chicago & Suburbs (224) 218-9299

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Samantha H

Words cannot even describe how amazing my experience was with Yazz Jazz but I am going to try. Rewind to some night back in January about 9 months before my wedding, it was the first time I spoke to Amy, immediately every worry and concern melted away and I felt like I was... Read More talking to someone I had known for years! She knew exactly what I was going for and that she could help achieve it, then once we started talking prices, I was sold. While dealing with her for the next few months, she was prompt to respond to any emails, and any concerns I had (especially the ones that were because I was an emotional ball of craziness at a few points). They were quickly figured out because Amy has been doing this for a while and I had my full confidence in her. Fast forward to the wedding: they sounded AMAZING, I mean this band freakin rocks. They had men in my family that refuse to dance, on the DANCE FLOOR! My wedding was 3 weeks ago but I am still having people message me on Facebook or call me and say how amazing the band was and it was the best wedding they had been to. They made my wedding! Overall I cannot even say enough good things, I would recommend them to anyone or actually insist on having them as your wedding entertainment! Thanks Yazz Jazz for making my wedding the best!

2015-11-08T22:52:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Samantha! It was an honor to be a part of your special day with Dave! Thank you!!!

Attention to detail

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Erica H

Amy was amazing. She made our day run smoothly from start to finish. A mix of Sinatra style ending our event with her DJ playing Bollywood for our Indian-American wedding. She thought of things I completely forgot! Our day would not have been as enjoyable or memorable without... Read More her. We look forward to using Amy and her band for future events:-)

Seamless Service and Flawless Performance

Reviewed on 1/12/2014 Joy R

You need to use Amy and Yazz Jazz for your wedding, and here is why. I am a detail-oriented person by nature with responsibilities for event planning in my career, and Amy matched my needs with her responsive, professional approach to providing amazing music throughout our... Read More wedding. Armed with a list of suggested musicians from Hotel Arista / CityGate where our wedding was held, we noticed that Amy and her band were performing at a local restaurant. We went to see them and were hooked with the ability of those three musicians to hold a bar and dinner crowd captive with an admirable array of songs. We booked Amy soon after, increased the number of musicians and then added the Yazz Jazz DJ as well. Along every step of the way, Amy was the consummate professional, helping us refine our plans to create the complete experience we envisioned, and never disappointing with her clarifying questions, prompt responses and fair pricing. We had the ceremony and reception in the same venue, utilizing the patio for the cocktail hour while the facility changed the room over for dinner and dancing. Amy and a keyboardist provided our ceremony music. As we moved out to the cocktail hour, other bandmates seamlessly performed until Amy and the keyboardist could join them. The entire group then transitioned back for our dinner music, until it was the DJ’s turn to take the night. He was as great as the rest of Yazz Jazz – he had everyone from teens to 85 year olds up and moving for hours. Music always provides the hook to our memories and certainly you want this day to be memorable for you, your wedding party and your guests. Involving Amy and the complement of Yazz Jazz professionals will provide you just that. Immediately after our wedding, we received thank you cards from several of our guests – seriously! – and all of them mentioned the emotionality of the day and the music throughout every part of the evening. We can’t wait to have another event where we can use Amy’s talents! Book her now before she’s not available—you will be ecstatic with the results.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jen S

Amy and her team at Yazz Jazz were one of the best decisions we made when it came to our Camp Wandawega Wedding. Amy its not only incredibly talented at singing, but also a great communicator and leader of a highly reliable team. They accommodated my quirky outdoor venue and... Read More rocked the night away with exactly the songs we wanted. They set up sound for the ceremony, DJ for dinner and the band for dancing. Our wedding was not the easiest place to do sound for an event but they nailed it! These guys are fantastic, oh, and they play incredible music. All our guests raved about how great the band and dance party were! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Ashley P

Amy from Yazz Jazz is amazing!!!!! She is the owner of the company and met with us several times and paired us with our DJ, David. They both made the day of our wedding perfect! Amy came to our wedding and assisted with whatever we needed help with and helped our bridal party... Read More get in place for the ceremony and David had our family on the dance floor all night! I would definitely recommend Yazz Jazz for any wedding or even party!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Ashley N

I met Amy of Yazz Jazz Entertainment in January of 2016 and instantly fell in love with her personality and professionalism. Planning my May 2017 wedding with Amy was one of the most joyous and honestly, the most pleasant parts of the whole thing. It was like planning a wedding... Read More with a best friend who had been through it before. She was there every step and misstep with patience and understanding. We met a few times to go over details and Amy was always at the ready with suggestions for bridal salons, makeup artists and more. I trusted Amy to select a DJ that would mesh well with our tastes and personalities, and she did NOT disappoint. JC was 5 stars and more. On the day of our wedding, I would have been lost without her. She even helped me pull off a surprise for my husband. If you’re in need of affordable, top quality DJ services, Amy, JC, and Yazz Jazz Entertainment has you covered.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Julie A

Yazz Jazz Entertainment is amazing and we highly recommend them!!! Amy was so sweet and went above & beyond to ensure our wedding was perfect! She was always there for us to answer questions and provided awesome song recommendations! And while we chose a few songs to play,... Read More we also asked our DJ, Dave S, to play what he thought was best for the crowd... he nailed it! (several guests are still talking about how much fun the music/ dancing was)! Overall, we had an incredible experience with Yazz Jazz Entertainment!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Nick K

Yazz Jazz Entertainment was unimaginably magnificent. My husband and I love live music and we decided we wanted live music at our wedding and reception. We chose Yazz Jazz because my husband (who works in the hospitality industry) had heard them perform at a previous wedding and... Read More said thought they were pretty good. I trusted him and I am so glad I did! From the very beginning, Amy and her team were professional and exceptional! Their experience with weddings and receptions truly shows and they work hard to make the planning process very easy and stress-free. We chose the 7 piece band and DJ package. They provided the music and microphones for the wedding, live music for the cocktail hour, and all of the music for the reception. The band went out of their way to learn several songs and modified some songs that we had requested. I can't say enough about how professional they were, but I can never explain in words their talent. The entertainment they provided was priceless. The quality of their music, sound, and shear breadth of their repertoire was unbelievable. Our guests danced and celebrated the night like we had never expected. We cannot not possibly have had a better wedding and Yazz Jazz truly made it happen.

2017-06-02T15:14:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Nick and Jesse!!!! What an amazing wedding! :D

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Mrs. L

Simply said YazzJazz is simply amazing. Planning a wedding and staying on top of vendors can be pretty stressfull, but with YazzJazz I did t have to worry. Amy made us comfortable from the first phone call, worked with our budget and guided us every step of the way. She made... Read More suggestions and pointed out details that hadn't even occurred to us. Her team of musicians and soloist are fantastic. For your next worry free event choose Yazz Jazz...you'll be glad you did.

2017-05-21T11:32:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was an honor to work for you!!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Tara A

Amy from Yazz Jazz Entertainment organized ceremony music for our wedding and it was EXCEPTIONAL. I would definitely say that the live music was my favorite part of the ceremony, besides marrying my best friend, of course. :) Katie & Dorothy played violin and cello before... Read More during and after our ceremony. They played a mixture of classical music and modern music which was fun! Amy was very professional and I couldn't speak more highly of her. She is so sweet, quite the breath of fresh air when you are a nervous bride. Highly recommend Yazz Jazz Entertainment!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Kelly S

My experience with Yazz Jazz was impeccable. Amy and her team truly made a horrible wedding nightmare turn into a beautiful memory. At the time I was introduced to Amy, my now husband and I were scammed of our money from a wedding venue ( don't worry, it no longer exists!) . We... Read More needed to find new arrangements and crunch our budget. Amy and her teams have many different options for many types of budgets. She made me feel comfortable and safe. Making a bride feel safe is hard and she did that for me. She was professional and prompt. Yazz Jazz were a hit at our wedding and people loved them. They were reasonable and completely worth the investment. Thank you Yazz Jazz for making my dreams come true!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Dana J

Yazz Jazz made our night! 100% recommend them! The dance floor was packed the entire night from the 20 somethings to the 80 year olds! The playlist was incredible! Amy was professional, responsive, and accommodated us at every turn. My husband and I could not be happier with... Read More this choice and the guests are still talking about the band months later!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Sarah O

Amy was terrific! Her renditions of "Marry Me" and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" brought tears to my eyes as I walked down the aisle towards the man of my dreams. I highly recommend Yazz Jazz Entertainment for your wedding ceremony! They will cater to and personalize your... Read More ceremony music to ensure that your day is unforgettable!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kira B

Incredible performance! Amy has been a delight to work with from the start-- has always been very responsive, and took her role very seriously when it came to our wedding. The music was beyond great. They did a fantastic job of keeping people on the dance floor and pleasing... Read More all generations at our wedding. I think we considered 15 different bands before deciding on this group and I couldn't be more pleased with our decision. Thank you for everything!!!

2016-11-08T11:02:16 Response from the vendor

Thanks Kira!!!!!! We had an amazing time at your wedding and so appreciate this amazing review!!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Torre G

YAZZ JAZZ is the BEST! Amy you are so talented and we were honored that you sang for our big event! The band you assembled was perfect and sounded amazing! We know it wasn't easy to find musicians who could play Indian music and contemporary selections but your team did it!... Read More Everything from the intro music to the ceremony music to the cocktail hour was simply outstanding! Thank you for all your help along the way and for making our day sound so special!

2016-10-13T08:06:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Jay and Torre!!!!! It was such an honor to work for you two! We wish you so much happiness and can't thank you enough for choosing us!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Galina G

Amy is the best! We really wanted to have a flair of live music and stay within our pretty limited budget. Amy and her team provided an outstanding service, beautiful music and vocal. I would highly recommend Yazz Jazz.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Megan F

Yazz Jazz was by far the best decision that we made when it came to selecting our wedding vendors! Amy was very professional and helpful from day one. She was super flexible and allowed us to wait on finalizing our exact package until closer to the date while still holding our... Read More date. She was great with helping us pick the perfect DJ for our wedding as well. She was absolutely correct that Dave was a great fit for us! Dave was amazing to work with as well. He was great about discussing what we were looking for and completely accommodating it. We made a playlist of suggested songs, but ended up telling him that we trusted his judgement. He did an incredible job of reading the crowd and playing each song at the perfect moment. Our guests were raving about the music and he had the dance floor packed the entire night. He even recorded our sparkler exit for us since our videographers had already left for the night! We had some major issues with our venue right before the wedding due to staff turnover. My fiance and I were very nervous about how the day would turn out since the venue was such a mess. Amy and Dave came to one of our meetings at the venue and completely took care of everything! They took charge and turned our wedding into the event that we hoped it would be! I truly believe that our wedding would not have been the event that we were looking to have without Yazz Jazz and I cannot thank them enough for their help. If you are considering using Yazz Jazz, look no further. It was the best decision that we made for our wedding and I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Danda Z

First, Amy is amazing! She really made me feel comfortable because I was an out of state bride. She was very flexible to accommodate my schedule whenever I was in town. Amy was honest and reliable. When I began my search for a wedding band I learned (from reading many reviews)... Read More that just because you see a band at their showcase, doesn't always mean they will ALL be performing at your wedding. Amy promised me at our first meeting (performance), "What you see is what you get!" and she was right. The band was great! My guest loved the music and it was music we wanted to hear and a little extra. We got nothing but compliments from our guest. Yazz Jazz was worth every penny and worth the many debates with my husband. He is so happy that we went with a band and not a DJ. Amy was so great with going over details and even on the day of my wedding. If you want to stand out from other weddings, you have to go with YAZZ JAZZ!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Alison M

From start to finish, Yazz Jazz made the process of booking, planning, and executing so easy for us! We are really happy we went with Yazz Jazz! We wanted to thank you guys for all of your hard work during our wedding. We truly appreciated it! Everyone complimented us on the... Read More great music from the start of the day to the end of the day. They were really surprised by the harp and violin during our ceremony and loved every second. It definitely was the perfect addition to our wedding. One of the many things we'll never forget about the day was hearing "All Of Me" and seeing Cliff tearing up as I walked towards him. Amy was such an amazing help! I had a mini breakdown right before the ceremony, but Amy was so patient and helpful during all the chaos. It really helped me, and I'll never forget it!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Liliya L

Amy was absolutely amazing to work with. She was very patient with us and helped us select the right DJ and music for our event. My groom and I had very different tastes in music, but she was able to combine our styles into an event that was fun for everyone. We didn't have... Read More a wedding planner, so on the day of the wedding, Amy stepped in and helped with the flow of events. Our wedding went off without a hitch, and I think a large part of that was thanks to Amy and her organization and guidance throughout the day. She is very passionate about music, and it comes through when you work with her. She really cared about our wedding, and went above and beyond to make sure we had an incredible day.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Carla T

Amy and her band, Yazz Jazz Entertainment, are quite possibly the best people and value around. Yes, they're affordable, but that is really the least important thing that is great about them. Amy took care and pride in learning exactly what we wanted, custom tailoring the music... Read More program, finding specialty musicians, and working with us on custom music. For the ceremony, her team played a song with provided music but had to adapt it for different instruments, and it came out amazing. For our first dance song, Amy's group arranged a custom version of a song based exactly on what we wanted the band to play, and it was flawless. Superior musicians, including Amy herself, provided great entertainment which made every guest mention how great the band was. Amy herself took care of us during consultations, via email, via phone, and worked especially hard the day of to help out with any and all details, including ones she wasn't really responsible for. We can't thank her and the band enough for helping us entertain our guests on our big day and we wish her and her group the best of luck going forward. If you book this band, you will be blown away!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Becca W

Yazz Jazz was absolutely amazing. I had a solo violinist(Jennifer Silk) that Amy recommended and she did exactly what I wanted! Thank you Yazz Jazz for making my wedding day incredible :)

2016-08-11T17:41:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Becca! Your wedding was amazing and we were honored to be there for you!

Reviewed on 8/11/2016 Andrea G

I used Yazz Jazz for my wedding ceremony in June and they did an awesome job! Amy has a beautiful voice and will work with you to give you exactly what you want for your wedding. Not only did she do vocals, she also played the piano and provided a guitarist to accompany her. I... Read More would definitely recommend Yazz Jazz to anyone that I know who is getting married!

2016-08-11T17:42:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Andrea! Your wedding was wonderful and we were happy to be there for you!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Carolyn S

I found Yazz Jazz after doing some research online. We were having a destination wedding in Kohler, WI so I was hopeful I could get a band out of Chicago as it was just 2 hours north. Amy called me after putting in inquiry on their site almost immediately. She was EXTREMELY... Read More helpful through the entire planning process of the DJ, band, and live pianist for the cocktail hour. She arranged everything, and even drove the 2 hours north to the location a month early to meet me and see the space. The day of the wedding everything went SEAMLESSLY!! The band was excellent, the DJ went above and beyond (even stayed an additional 30 minutes at the end of the night because everyone was having so much fun. We were not even charged a dime for that! So nice). Overall, for being so affordably priced and what Amy did for me and the entire experience I could not have dreamt up a better team to work with!! Thank you guys so much!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Swanti S

JC and Macho were amazing!! They had an amazing selection of music. I didn't even have to tell him the kind of music but he knew exactly what to play. A huge variety. They were very professional and helpful. There was a huge tragedy that happened the day before our wedding and... Read More all the planning of a year and a half had to be changed at the last minute but JC and Macho were able to help us out last minute. I'm so grateful to them and my guests really enjoyed themselves at our reception. Thank you JC and Macho.

Amy Yassinger

Fun, dynamic and passionate are three words to describe the owner of Yazz Jazz Entertainment, Amy Yassinger. Hailing from Chicago, she found a love for singing all styles of music. She has performed overseas with her band and has appeared on the "Oprah Winfrey Show". As a bandleader, Yazz Jazz started playing for weddings in 2009 and has created musical landscapes for all musical tastes. Her talented of team of engaging musicians and DJ's cover all facets of a wedding. Not only will you have a packed dance floor, but you'll have a stress-free planning process as well! Call her today!