Yin Tom Studio

Yin is a professional hair dresser and makeup artist, and her work has also been featured on Phoenix Television and in magazines such as Imagine, Sheer, and Grace Ormande Wedding Style. Yin Tom Studio provides waterproof airbrush makeup and hairstyling services for a range of events, including but not limited to the following: bridal makeup, fashion makeup, boudoir makeup, natural makeup, etc... I am also skilled in eyebrow shaping, and false lash application.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Cambridge st , Cambridge , MA New England and New York area (646) 265-8948

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Emma C

I like to consider myself a pragmatic, relatively frugal person, and was looking around for cheap options for hair and makeup a month before my actual wedding. I scheduled a couple trial runs at a few different places, and on a whim, scheduled a trial run with Yin to get a feel... Read More for what a pricier hair and makeup run would be like. Let me say this very clearly. For hair and makeup, you ABSOLUTELY get what you pay for. Every other trial run was a complete disaster. After a trial run at a relatively well known salon, my mom said I looked like a peasant lady. The tone all changed when I did my trial run at Yin Tom Studios. Everything was PERFECT. I have a lot of hair, and it's extremely thick. Most salons throw up their hands, and just try to pin it all in a blob. Yin was an expert, and made my hair look like an ethereal globe. Yin is also special with the fact that she uses airbrush makeup, which sprays like a dream and makes you look completely natural and angelic. So obviously I hired her immediately to do my hair and makeup for my actual wedding. Even though Yin may be slightly pricier than most large-chain salons, there is definitely a reason why. She is really, truly, a pro. She has been in this business for years, went to school for hair and makeup, and really knows her stuff. I cannot recommend her enough. She is also super sweet and kind, which is just frosting on top of a already perfect cake. Schedule a trial run with her. You will definitely not regret it.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Myra W

Yin was amazing! She was very responsive in her communications and easy to talk to. When I met her for the hair and makeup trial, I brought few photos of what I was looking for and she knew immediately how to get it done. I had her for hair and makeup on my wedding day, as well... Read More as hair for my 5 bridesmaids. She works quickly and her quality is amazing! Each bridesmaid showed her a photo of the hair that they wanted, and she was able to pull it off with all sort of styles and hair types. She is truly a gifted hair and makeup artist, and I loved how I looked on my wedding day, - I don't know if I'll ever look so good again :) I highly recommend using Yin Tom for a hair and makeup artist!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 clare c

Where to begin. Yin is awesome. I normally don't wear much makeup and she knew the right middle ground to make sure I looked like a bride but not like a kid pretending to wear makeup. I looked like myself but a more impressive version. She also did my hair which I cannot rave... Read More enough about. My friends of different styles and races also got services done and they all were so happy with Yin's work and personality. I wish I could have her so my hair and makeup everyday!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Mayya K

Yin Tom is amazing! Before my bridal consultation, she really took the time to find out exactly what I wanted on my wedding day. She gave me the exact look I was hoping for at the trial run and the wedding and gave me a custom touch up kit for the rest of the night. I didn’t end... Read More up using it because the makeup she put on before the wedding stayed perfect throughout the evening. She did a fantastic job with my mom and 3 bridesmaids; everyone looked beautiful. In addition to being a consummate professional who always responds to email quickly, comes to appointments early, and does fabulous work, Yin is delightful to be around! We loved hanging out with her while we were all getting ready. I absolutely recommend Yin Tom!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Jessie L

I can't say enough about how much I love Yin Tom and her work! I found Yin very late in the wedding planning process due to an unpleasant experience I had with another makeup artist. Then I got Yin's name from a friend who worked with Yin at her recent wedding and that was... Read More exactly one month before my wedding date. At that point I was upset, worried, and doubtful that I will ever find someone I like and trust. But finding Yin changed everything! I absolutely agree with another post that Yin is the best! She not only knows her stuff, but she is such a pleasure to work with. She is warm, personable, and passionate about her work! Wedding planning is often very stressful, so it's even more important to find pros who can communicate and listen to your needs and be flexible (rather than imposing their own ideas or preference on you). Yin is exactly like that. She is the whole package! Not only she did a great job on my makeup and hair, my three bridesmaids' hair and makeup, she saved my then fiance's life (literally). It was a very windy day by the ocean, thanks to Yin and her skills, my now husband didn't have to worry about messy hair on our big day. But to me what's even more impressive, Yin is like a great conductor for a symphony. She is skilled, organized, on point, and had everything under control. She got to the site early, kept everyone in check throughout the day, pulled us aside to finish up makeup/hair when needed (we had to do rehearsal the day of and it took longer than expected). After the trial, I sent her a couple comments, she was able to adapt and made changes on the day of. Knowing there would be a change, she got there early and built in extra time than originally planned. Without her, we wouldn't be ready in time for the wedding. The best compliments I received on our big day were: wow, you look beautiful and you look like you! That speaks to Yin's ability to work and accentuate your natural beauty like another comment put it! You really can't go wrong with Yin!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Karen M

Yin was my hair and makeup artist for my wedding in July. She is very talented, professional and personable. I scheduled a make-up trial with her a few months prior to the wedding. She provided some tips to prepare for the trial in advance. While we were at the trial, she... Read More quickly learned my style and was able to create a look that I like. She was also able to provide some great suggestions on hair pieces I should get to match the look. On the wedding day, Yin did hair and makeup for my bridesmaids, my mother, and myself. Everyone loved their makeup. We received many complements throughout the day on how beautiful we look. Yin used waterproof airbrush makeup and it lasted all day with minimal touchups. I would not hesitate to recommend Yin as your makeup artist. She is absolutely amazing to work with and she will make sure you look gorgeous with her talent!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Binglu D

Yin is very professional and friendly! I came to her 2 weeks prior to my wedding, and I was so lucky to have her for a makeup trial and eventually the actual day makeup and hair! She knows her job pretty well, and she is good at colors, knowing your style, and she even consider... Read More your photographer's style so that to make sure you have perfect photos. She works really fast and great, within a short time, she can turn you into a perfect you. She includes individul eyelashes free for any makeup. Although I didn't schedule her for attaching veil, she is very kind to look at my veil and hair pins and teach my brideamaid how to secure the veil beutifully without destroying the hair. Overal, I am very happy with her service and working style!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Sharon L

We just had our wedding last week and I cannot thank Yin enough for the amazing looks she created for me, my moms and the bridal party! Starting from the beginning during my bridal style trial, Yin was very attentive and fun to work with. She gave good advice when we are... Read More deciding on my wedding day look and hair style. I am not the kind of girl that put on a lot of make up daily and she helps to make me feel comfortable in a more natural wedding look. Yin also responds to my emails quickly when I have questions or concerns and she is very accommodating on our schedule. The last thing a bride needs is to track a vendor down for answers! On the wedding day, I decided to go with a different hairstyle from the one we decided on during the trial. Yin was very accommodating without any complaints and created the exact looks from the pictures I gave her. She also did a great job on all my bridesmaids' makeups and everyone are happy with their looks. She also makes sure we are on schedule and keep track on time so we would not be late for our own wedding. If you are looking for a talented, attentive and fun makeup artist and hair stylist for your wedding, I highly recommend Yin!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Yun X

Yin was absolutely fantastic! I wanted a more natural look for wedding day, and she knew exactly what I meant. It's not easy to find someone who knows perfect makeup for Asian faces. I also love how easy it was to work with her in terms of communication. Payment is super easy... Read More and Venmo is an option. And we got so many compliments on hair/makeup of the entire wedding party. She's super organized and was able to squeeze in last minute requests as well. Also a huge blast to hang out with on wedding day and very calming with her presence. I can't say enough good things about her - I've been raving about her to all my friends. Several of them have already go their sights set on her for their own weddings. Thank you again Yin for being a highlight of our day!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Jason K

Yin is the best! I used her for multiple weddings and she did a fantastic job every time! She is patient, talented and knows what makes a bride beautiful and confident:) She always listens well and respect the clients' wishes. I will definitely hire her for more formal occasions... Read More in Boston. She is my go-to makeup artist now. Forgot to mention she is sooo great with hairstyle too:)

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 James Q

Yin did my wife's hair and makeup for our pre-wedding photo-shoot and she was absolutely amazing. We arrived early Saturday as our shoot lasted a full day and she was ready to start as soon as we arrived. The entire process also was quick and done very well. My wife loved the... Read More way it looked. Yin also stopped by in the afternoon to touch up her makeup and change her hairstyle. In total she did 3 different hairstyles and makeup sets and the total price was very reasonable. Definitely would recommend her for makeup/hair. Also she's amazing at working with fresh flowers. My wife loved how her hair turned out with flower accents.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Morena S

Yin is absolutely fantastic!!! She did my hair and hair for my wedding day and I was extremely happy with her work. She is a real pro. She accentuated my natural lines, skin color, and the make-up looked natural, and gorgeous. I have received so many compliments regarding my... Read More look on my wedding day, and my perfect look was due to Yin and her talent and work. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. She put my mind at ease just before the wedding and I felt like I was "in the right hands". She listened to all my suggestions and concerns and then gently proposed a style that she considered the best for me. It was a great success! Thanks Yin! You definitely know what you are doing! I will recommend you to all my friends and family who need their hair and make-up done by a pro!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Julia R

Yin did my hair and makeup for my wedding in June and I could not have been any happier! She also did hair and makeup for some of my wedding party and I know they were extremely happy as well. Yin was the first hair and makeup trial I scheduled for my wedding and I knew I didn't... Read More need to search any further. She knew exactly what I was envisioning and made it come to life. She has so much energy, she is fun, caring, punctual and extremely detailed. She helped us put together a timeline for the morning, she never was frazzled, she took her time, and made sure everyone loved their look.Yin also was extremely helpful when it came to helping the photographer who was taking pictures of us getting ready. I felt extremely comfortable around Yin the moment that I met her, and I know my bridal party did as well. All of our hair and makeup lasted more than 12 hours and still looked flawless at the end of the night! I would highly recommend Yin to anyone who asked me, she was amazing!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jennifer M

Yin is amazing! She did the trail for my wedding and hair and makeup for me, bridal party, flower girl and MOG for the wedding. All I have to say is wow- my sister (maid of honor) and I have never looked better! Two friends used Yin for their weddings, and I couldn't be... Read More happier with my choice to work with her for my wedding. She is an expert hair and makeup artist, sweet and professional. I highly recommend Yin!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Meghan G

I recently used Yin Tom Studio for my wedding makeup in early May. I absolutely loved the work she did!! My makeup looked flawless and Yin really made me feel comfortable the whole time. During the trial, she helped me figure out exactly what makeup style I wanted for my big... Read More day. I was a little unsure exactly what I wanted going into the trial, and Yin tried a few different looks with me until we found exactly what I wanted and loved. She used a waterproof airbrush makeup that stayed all day and night. Yin is very professional, loves what she does and is so sweet. On my wedding day, she also did my 5 bridesmaids, MOH, MOB, MOG and grandmother. Everyone loved their makeup and loved Yin too. I highly recommend using Yin Tom Studios for your makeup needs.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Jane L

Thank you for doing my hair and makeup for my engagement photo shoot and wedding day Yin! During the trial, I told her I did not like cake face. She listened to me/ my concerns and did a beautiful natural look that I wanted. Yin did a wonderful job on my hair and makeup. I... Read More really loved the airbrush makeup which stayed the whole night, and I just needed to touch up lipstick. She is so sweet and professional. She made a hair and makeup schedule for my wedding day. Everything went smoothly; everyone took their time and not rushing. She and her assistant also did my 7 bridesmaids' hair and makeup. They looked great! Yin is great and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Cindy W

Yin was the BEST! I am asian and she understand asian eyes! She also understand my style when i showed her the pictures that I want my look to be! I had 2 trials with her! The make up I FELT IN LOVE STRAIGHT AWAY!!! I had a second trial for the hair! and I LOVE IT!!! They key... Read More is to communicate with her what you like and you don't like she really pays attention to what you say and gave you honest feedback! which is GOOD! I could not wait to see my wedding pictures!!! She is really my fairy godsister !!!! :) THANK YOU YIN! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! YOU REALLY MADE MY DAY SPECIAL AND PERFECT!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!! AND THE BEST OF LUCK!!!! Will definitely find you again for other photoshoots events in the future! :p

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Diane G

Yin Tom recently provided make up services for my daughter's wedding, bridal party, MOB, MOG, and grandmother. Everyone loved her. She was professional, organized, calm, and so caring with each individual. We all loved our make up and it stayed put for well over 12 hours!... Read More Yin Tom took care to take into account our individual preferences and requests. She was organized, finished on time without rushing, and had time to touch up everyone's lipstick at the end. I highly recommend Yin Tom!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Wendy B

Yin did a fantastic makeup job for my maid of honor and me. She is very professional and kind. She arrived a few minutes earlier than the scheduled time. Makeup has made both of us more beautiful than what we could imagine. Yin also kindly helped us to put on my wedding dress.... Read More Makeup was completed in a timely manner, and Yin also took photos for us when we headed off to the ceremony venue. I would highly recommend Yin's bridal makeup service. Her price is reasonable and her service is worth the every penny you spend.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Tiffany C

I got married last month and had Yin Tom for hair and makeup. On the wedding day, Yin arrived on schedule. She is equally talented in hair and makeup and super easy going. My bridal party also had their hair and makeup done by Yin. They all really loved their hair and... Read More makeup too. Everyone in my bridal party looked stunning; we could not have been happier with the final results. Also, we have received SO many compliments about the hair/makeup. My sister was really impressed with the bridal party's hair/makeup and hired Yin on her big day! Yin will do my hair and makeup again on my sister’s big day. Reasonable prices, very responsive and professional. I highly recommend Yin Tom Studio.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Lesley X

I cannot recommend Yin more highly. Before I scheduled a trial run with her, I'd tried a different salon (which did not primarily cater to East Asian clients) and my makeup trial was a disaster. I looked cringeworthy. Yin's rates struck me as a little pricier than I was prepared... Read More to spend, but I was super impressed with her work from browsing her website, and in person she was warm and professional. She listened to me and gave me exactly the look I was going for. She even gave me tips - skincare tips, don't wrinkle your forehead tips, how to smile in pictures, all kinds of tips! And on my wedding day she showed up promptly, and she and her assistant got my hair and makeup done in less time than I would have imagined possible. Please do yourself a favor and hire her!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 David L

Yin is a wonderful stylist! I had her as my bridal hair and makeup stylist, and she was incredibly professional and accommodating. Yin has a lovely demeanor and was wonderful to work with. We tried different hairstyles during my trial run before I decided what I wanted on my... Read More wedding day. She was patient and skillful enough to recommend styles for brides like me who may not be makeup or hairstyle connaisseurs. I would definitely recommend her and her team!

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Kathryn R

Excellent and very professional person. If you looking for make up artist- you found it - it is Yin. At my wedding Yin made me so beautiful, that everyone was impressed- I was indeed center of attention. She also helped my bridal party. I will always use her services for future... Read More occasions. My husband and I very lucky to use her services.

Reviewed on 2/16/2017

Highly recommend Yin to be your hair and makeup artist! She is extremely professional and did an amazing job for my wedding last year. My family and I both loved the hair and makeup. Excellent services!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Caroline E

We had Yin Tom come in with two additional make up artists to do hair and make up for 10 people for a wedding! Yin was so professional throughout the planning process, payment through venmo was IDEAL, and not to mention everyone's hair and make up looked amazing. To service 10... Read More women with touch ups took about 3 hours, she gave attention to all, and even had some fun in the bridal suite with the music! I would highly recommend Yin for a wedding service!

Yin Tom

In my ten years of professional experience, since graduating from the premier Beijing Film Academy, I have worked with brides, fashion designers, photographers and models to design beautiful, elegant and fashionable styles appropriate for each event. I have come to understand that each situation requires a different look, and therefore I start each job by meeting with the client to discuss their desired look and the feel of the event.