Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 2/05/2018 Chali T

We booked Nathan and Amy for our November, 2017 wedding outside of Austin, TX and were so happy with our results and the process of working with them! They are both so sweet, very responsive, and super helpful. The pictures turned out AMAZING! They're also just the type of... Read More people that you want around you on your wedding day, which often can be one of the most stressful days of your life. Totally relaxed, but also very professional and on top of their work. Definitely we would recommend them! You can't get a better deal for quality and price anywhere else!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Libby H

Among the thousands of decisions that occur when planning a wedding, picking YouAreMyTrue Photography was one of the best my husband and I made. Nathan and Amy constantly went above and beyond the call of duty and always with grace and good humor. They were always in contact... Read More and always responded to emails (something I can’t say about most vendors). I truly felt like they took the time to get to know us as a couple. On their website when they say they are story-tellers, they mean it. When we got our completed pictures delivered- looking through them was like living the day over again. Every moment and piece of joy had been captured and reflected. Our wedding day was accompanied by a large summer storm that knocked all the power out at our venue but Nathan and Amy never once seemed flustered or inconvienced. On the contrary, each went above and beyond to stay a bright light and share their years of professional wisdom to help keep things moving forward. But more importantly, they kept capturing memories. Even though the day had to take several different turns, Nathan and Amy kept capturing the day as it occurred- even as they helped with the changes. Working with these two was easy and uplifting. I cannot recommend them ENOUGH. Choose them for your big day and it will be the easiest vendor decision you have to make.

Reviewed on 12/17/2017 Stephanie C

Nathan and Amy are #couplegoals and just overall the best people you want around you on your big day - they're more than just amazing photographers, they are GOOD PEOPLE! I fell in love with the vintage look and natural, raw feelings that Nathan & Amy captured in their photos,... Read More and I fell in love all over again when I met these kind souls for tacos to make sure we clicked (photo pun!). We also did an engagement session with them and our photos turned out great! My husband doesn't like being photographed, but he has the cutest dimples when he smiles naturally - Nathan and Amy got a lot of great dimples shots because they were able to just make him laugh without being self-conscious! Best part of our wedding day - Nathan and Amy got all our portraits done in less than 25 minutes so that we could enjoy some quiet time before the ceremony. Same goes for our sunset portraits - we got them done efficiently so that we could get back to the party. Nathan and Amy really respected that while we wanted great shots, we also wanted to have a great time with our friends and family who traveled to celebrate this momentous day. This is the NUMBER ONE thing you need to look for in a photographer - I've been in too many weddings where the photographer wants "just one more shot" that turns into a 45 minute session where the bride and groom have ZERO time with their guests. Nathan and Amy are your people if you want professional, natural photos that showcase your love done by photographers who respect your time and wishes. Thanks you two! (Side note: we had a friend and budding videographer shooting our wedding video too. I was nervous about having a newbie working next to these pros, but they gave him great advice and support throughout every event!)

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Emily R

Amy and Nathan are such an awesome duo and captured our wedding day perfectly! We got married July, 8th and got all of our wedding photos back July 25th, such a quick turn around! The couple is so down to earth and easy to work with. My husband I definitely made the right... Read More decision going with Nathan and Amy, we highly recommend them to any couples in the Austin area!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017

Nathan and Amy were such an incredible joy to work with! It was like magic how Nathan was able to be seemingly everywhere at once, capturing every moment yet remain unobtrusive. And Amy is so sweet and bubbly, she is actually a really comforting presence during the whole... Read More "getting ready" process. Nathan is extremely responsive and helpful during the planning process and will provide valuable photography / portrait related advice on building your day-of timeline. They delivered our finished photos in an extremely timely manner, despite our wedding being in the peak of Texas wedding season. And the photos are INCREDIBLE. You guys. Every time I look at our photos I grin like a fool. Nathan and Amy have a real artistic eye for capturing and creating photos which make you feel as though you are a part of or back in the action of that moment along with all of the emotions it held. I do not know how they do it! I remember, after hiring them but leading up to our wedding, I would occasionally look at some of their blog posts of other weddings they had recently done and be in awe of how wonderfully romantic or joyful or fun some of the photos were and even made me, a stranger to these people, actually feel. I thought to myself, "Surely THESE people are just special or had some ridiculously special moment. OUR photos will probably just be regular-pretty." BUT NO. They are magic. Just Hire Them. My only regret is not having them do our rehearsal dinner.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Whitney C

Amy and Nathan are amazing. They are so unique and have such a passion for their work that it really shows when you meet with them for your engagement or wedding photos. We were instantly drawn to their website and knew that they were the perfect fit for us. They did not... Read More disappoint. They were supper attentive the day of the wedding, but they were never intrusive. Everything felt very natural which helped us enjoy the day even more. Biggest thank you to them!

Reviewed on 2/04/2016 Kelly L

Nathan and Amy are amazing photographers and people! I met Nathan for a meet/greet when I was deciding between photographers and immediately knew that he and Amy were the right choice. They were professional and prompt in responses, incredibly organized on the day of, and were... Read More so relaxed even in the midst of family chaos and directing people. Looking back at our pictures still gives me chills. I couldn't be happier with how they captured our special day. My only regret was not hiring them to capture our rehearsal dinner!!!

Nathan & Amy - Go the Distance!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Altug Y

Nathan and Amy actually came to Sweden for my wedding. They were FANTASTIC, everything their website and reviews crack them up to be and more. Not only were my husband and I pleased, our family and friends had positive comments as well. They never missed a beat; they captured... Read More all of the special moments without getting "in the way". I really enjoyed the one-on-one couple session we had; they made us feel so comfortable..and almost like models! Definitely worth the price..When the time comes for us to grow as a family, I can't wait to give their new "Pinwheel Portrait" a go.

Photographers who don't miss a beat!

Reviewed on 7/06/2013 Christine C

I loved Amy and Nathan! They are 1)the cutest photographer couple (great having someone in each room for the prep pics) 2)Russell is an amazing photographer. Especially if you like really natural looking pictureres sans cheesy filters or heavy touch ups. 3)great deal for what... Read More you get My mother-in-law even commented after the wedding how they were everywhere and didn't miss one thing. When we were cutting the cake, Nathan whipped around to get a picture of my parents-in-laws and was on the dance floor on his knees getting awesome shots. They took our beautiful engagement pictures. The day we originally scheduled was overcast and Nathan called me ahead of time to let me know it wasn't ideal photo weather. He gave us the option of rescheduling or going ahead and so I rescheduled. I'm glad we did because the pics came out great. He also sent us two digital copies if our engagement photos because he wasn't satisfied with the ways the first copies resolution. You can tell they really take pride in the work. I haven't got my pictures back yet, but I know they will be cherished forever.

One of the best decisions we made...

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Erica Anderson A

I am soooo happy we picked Nathan to be our wedding photographer. First of all, he is so easy to work with, very easy-going but also very professional. My husband and I met with him at a coffee shop to interview him and a few other photographers, but once we met Nathan, we knew... Read More he was the one for us! I did TONS of research on wedding photographers, both reading reviews and looking at portfolios, and Nathan was our absolute favorite. He has a certain style to his pictures that I just loved, some whimsical, some funny, some romantic, and all just gorgeous. We had him do our engagements and the facebooth at the wedding (which was a huge hit, I would definitely recommend!) and I can’t even tell you how many compliments we got on ALL of the pictures. He works with his wife Amy to sort of divide and conquer all of the pics on your wedding day and they are both just so much fun!! Wedding and engagement pictures can always feel a little awkward, but he made it so relaxing and the pictures all turned out so well—no awkward or cheesy poses, which was awesome. We had the craziest wedding and I had no idea they were like 2 feet away from me the whole time…they just disappear into the background and somehow come away with amazing pictures. I could go on forever but you get the idea. Love Nathan, love Amy, they did a great job and I would recommend them to anyone!

YOU WILL NOT REGRET HIRING AMY & NATHAN

Reviewed on 6/15/2012 Megan K

They are awesome people, period. And their work is even better. Super fun, yet professional. They went above an beyond anything I could have imagined and my photos turned out beautifully. absolutely zero complaints.

PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 12/22/2011 Allison K

Nathan and Amy did an absolutely perfect job in capturing every detail from my wedding day. They are a joy to work with and the photos are amazing!!! I would use them again and again. They were always right there to capture everything. They have a beautiful art of... Read More photography, and it shows in every photo.

Best Photographer in Austin (or ever)

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 katie w

Nathan and his wife Amy were the best photographers you could ask for on your wedding day. They blend in, are super friendly and organized and take beautiful pictures.