You Had Me At I Do Wedding DJs & Officiants

Madison, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Dells

DJs and Officiants for the Perfect Wedding Day

Whether you're looking for an Officiant, a DJ, or both, the You Had Me At I Do team will give you the wedding of your dreams. We've been giving our couples their perfect wedding day for almost 20 years. Our expert Officiant and DJ team will work with you to find out what your perfect ceremony, reception, or both would be. We'll take the time to get to know you and to take your hand through the entire planning process, leaving no detail to chance. And then, on the big day, we'll make your wedding dreams come true. Each ceremony and reception is unique, custom tailored for each unique couple. Don't trust the success of the biggest day of your lives to a cookie-cutter Officiant or DJ! Get in touch with us today to find out how we can make your wedding day absolutely perfect.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Music

Madison, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Dells (608) 318-3541

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Diana D

We loved having Chris as our DJ at our wedding in August 2017! It was an amazing day, and Chris was so easy to work with to make the day run smoothly and listened to all our crazy requests! We loved the online music request system, that really helped us customize our day! He was... Read More excellent! Would would definitely recommend him!

2017-09-15T21:17:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! I have to confess...your family and friends were so much fun, I had a five star time myself. Congratulations again to the two of you!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Lindsey P

We loved working with Chris. He was a great dj and a fantastic officiant. His grace and humor during the ceremony definitely saved us from some very aggressive October mosquitos. He also got the party moving and kept everything going on time during the reception, making our... Read More dances and other events occur just the way we wanted them to. He was wonderful, and I can't recommend working with him enough. Thank you, Chris!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Anthony B

Chris did an AMAZING job as our wedding officiant and I would highly recommend him to anyone else. He made our ceremony perfect and was very professional and fun. Guests even came up to me at the reception to ask where I found him because they were so impressed with how good he... Read More was.

2016-10-26T20:00:12 Response from the vendor

That's so great to hear! Weddings SHOULD be fun - they're a celebration!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Kalli S

Chris did an amazing job DJing for us. He was always willing to get together if things came up in preparation, quick to respond, and accommodating. There was never a "no I can't do that" when prepping with him, he made everything happen. In terms of the wedding day, pure... Read More perfection. No awkward silences, no awkward anything and the music selection was tailored perfectly to us including an impromptu Disney song that really blew us away. I would highly recommend You Had me at I Do for any of your DJ or officiant needs and they will take care of you!!

2016-11-05T00:11:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You guys and your guests were so much fun - it was my pleasure to be your DJ. I have to admit...when I was told 'play this Disney song and everyone will dance', I was a bit skeptical...but I was able... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Gail M

Really liked working with Chris & Dave at You Had Me At I Do. Dave was our officiant and so easy to work with. Their website is awesome and answered all our questions during our search for an officiant. We would definitely recommend them to friends & family.

2016-10-26T19:58:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We appreciate the kind words (we just won't tell Dave or it'll go to his head...).

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Nicole K

Chris was a fantastic officiant and DJ. He made the ceremony absolutely perfect, the music was great, he took requests like a champ and helped corral everyone for dinner. We loved him!!

2016-10-26T19:59:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Christie Z

We were so impressed with Chris at our wedding this month! He had such an amazing way of keeping the guests engaged- people were literally dancing all night! He was flexible when we wanted to shorten or adjust the flow. I would highly recommend Chris to anyone interested! The... Read More pre-planning process was also top notch.

2016-10-26T20:00:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Erin L

Chris at You Had Me At I Do, went beyond my expectations for our wedding ceremony. The ceremony was exactly how my fiancé (now husband) wanted it. The music during the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing was great. I would highly recccomed You Had Me At I Do to... Read More anyone getting married.

2016-11-05T00:13:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! My job was easy - you and your guests were absolutely incredible! Everyone was so excited to watch the two of you say 'I Do' and then party all night long. What a great group of family and friends!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 McKenzie M

Chris served as our officiant and DJ, and made our day absolutely perfect! My best friend and bridesmaid is now going to use him at her wedding next year after seeing what a great experience we had.

2016-07-15T20:20:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much - you folks were so much fun to work with! Can't wait to see you next year!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Garrett Z

Chris did a fantastic job with everything! He was prepared, personable, and knowledgable. I will highly recommend You Had Me at I Do to all my friends.

2016-07-15T20:21:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! My job was easy with a couple as wonderful as the two of you!

Amazing Officiant and DJ

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Kimberly S

Chris was amazing! He was both our officiant and our DJ and kept everything running smoothly and beautifully. We loved his ceremony and personalized message. We got a lot of compliments on how personal and awesome it was. Just the right mix of fun and seriousness. He was very... Read More flexible with planning the ceremony as well. He also DJed wonderfully! Good mix of music and even found a song on the fly by an artist he hadn't heard of! Other than doing the special dances (first, dollar, etc.) he didn't do a lot of talking which is exactly what we wanted as I'm not a big fan of DJs that spend a lot of time trying to interact with the crowd. He was very entertaining though. Chris ran the rehearsal wonderfully and managed the flow of events on the day smoothly. I was able to relax before the ceremony knowing that he was making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be! He was a little slow to respond to some emails in the months before, but that wasn't a big deal. Would definitely recommend Chris to anyone!

Great Party-Maker!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Jessica L

We booked Chris through You Had Me At I Do, and he was AWESOME!! He did an amazing job all night, from walking us through the microphone instructions for our speeches to knowing exactly which song to play next - he really created an amazing party for our reception, and we would... Read More highly recommend him!

DJ & Officiant Services

Reviewed on 8/24/2014 Jamie N

Chris was very easy to work with and made everything super simple. We used him for both officiant & DJ services. The ceremony message was meaningful and real and he did an excellent job entertaining our guests into the night. We booked before the end of the year to get a... Read More discount.

Chris was great!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Theresa

Chris was a great DJ!! He ensured everyone had fun!! I would highly recommend him!!

Great Service

Reviewed on 8/18/2013 Vanessa S

Chris was both the DJ and the officiant for our wedding. Prior to the wedding, he met with us by phone as often as I requested and was responsive to all my questions. Chris arrived at our rehearsal on time, and was extremely professional. He walked us through exactly what we... Read More could expect for our wedding ceremony and was very organized. He knew our ceremony by heart. Our wedding was outside, and on the day of the wedding, we had a rain scare. But, he handled it extremely well and the ceremony was flawless. We received many compliments on how well he officiated. As a DJ, he introduced us correctly, played many of our requests (we had a lot), took requests, and was able to draw people back to the dance floor when there was a lull. Everyone had a great time.

Lackluster at Best

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Julie K

The meeting with the DJ & the website provided for planning made me think I chose the right DJ for our wedding. We were promised the head DJ & ensured he'd work with us to create the type of environment we wanted. About a month before the wedding we were emailed by a different... Read More DJ from the company saying he would be now be doing our wedding & if we had any questions let him know. I asked why there was a switch, but didn't seem too concerned. This new DJ was of little help to me in helping put together the type of music we wanted. He just told us to request music & he'd play it. We ended up putting together a list of songs that would last 3 1/2 hours & our reception was 4 hours. We asked that requests from the guests be played to fill up the rest of the time. He said no problem. Well...that's not exactly what happened the night of the wedding. The night started off by the DJ introducing the wrong names for the first dance. Neither my name or my husband's was announced. I brought it up to him so he could make a correction & all he said was "oh." No apology, no correction. Then, the music he played must have been his own selection. I would estimate that only 1/4 of the music we put together was played. There were multiple songs that were played that weren't on the list or on the "do not play" list. Overall it wasn't a very memorable experience.

2013-01-04T11:29:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that you didn't have a great experience with us! We unfortunately had to make a last minute DJ change due to an emergency situation - this is specifically why we have back-up DJs. In your case, though, the... Read Less Read More

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 8/18/2012 Amanda W

First off, we we interested in edge dj, they said they were totally booked for our day but then the owner agreed to dj for us personally. If we had a question he emailed us back within hours, and I had a lot of questions! He did our ceremony music too and we chose everything.... Read More I wanted to walk out in the recessional to a mash up of songs and he created the while thing for us! Anything we wanted he did, he got our guests into the reception with a couple extras I've never seen before. He also is paired with a minister service, they're family, and we got a discount on our pastor for doing it together.

Unprofessional

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 Jeney A

Our DJ seemed nervous and wound up before the dinner even started. Not exactly a way to instill confidence. Our parents did not want to be a part of the grand march, but we wanted them to be recognized at their tables before the wedding party was announced; he failed to do so... Read More even though it was discussed no more than 30 minutes before the march. He was also very adamant about his "playlist" - which included playing both line danced back to back, playing music in decade order rather than mixing it up, and ignoring my requests for more contemporary music to be played. He also ignored the original request from my photographer to play a line dance so she could get some group shots of people dancing before packing up (absolutely no one was dancing at this point). It took two requests from me and a second request from my photographer before he abandoned his playlist. If you do hire them, I would give them very specific instructions that the requests of the bride and groom supersede any playlist the DJ has planned. I would also make sure they understand your DJ - for sheer professionalism - is to work WITH your other vendors; not against them.

2013-03-09T01:00:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing this with us! Feedback like this helps us identify our areas of opportunity and helps us train and coach our DJs to become the best at what they do. We apologize that your experience was not absolutely incredible! Your DJ has... Read Less Read More

So much fun!

Reviewed on 10/13/2011 Katherine T

Chris was the DJ for our wedding and he was fabulous! He did a great job playing the songs that we, and our guests, requested. The dance floor wasn't empty all night, which was one of our goals for the wedding. When I was planning the wedding, he was really great at... Read More responding the same day and answering all my questions, which was very helpful. He was also the reverand for our wedding, and did a fabulous job there as well. (you'll see my review for the wedding ceremony under "You Had Me at I Do" - Chris runs both companies)

Personable

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Amy A

Chris from Edge DJ was great. We met with him a few times and he was very personable. We had very specific songs to be played and he did everything we asked. We aren't dancers so we told him it was up to him to keep it moving. Everyone had a fun time at our wedding dancing it... Read More up!

Absolutely incredible!

Reviewed on 6/08/2011 Becky R

We looked at several different DJ's but we're really glad we chose Edge DJ. We had seen them at a friend's wedding. Chris was absolutely incredible. We went with the Gold package and had him there during dinner too so we could use his wireless microphones and he did the grand... Read More march and did the 'sing a song' instead of clanking glasses. He helped us plan everything out way ahead of time and took the time to look at all the little details. His services at our reception were absolutely wonderful! The floor was full all night and everyone kept telling us what a wonderful time they were having. He wasn't just a DJ for the dance - he was an entertainer for the whole night. We have recommended them to all of our friends!

A Truly Great Time!

Reviewed on 10/05/2010 Erika C

I can't tell you how many people told me how much they enjoyed our DJ. Chris was amazing! He was involved without being overbearing, and he was great at getting people involved (or at least trying, bless him). Every song we wanted to be played was played at some point... Read More during the night, and none of the songs we didn't want played came up (I'm not the type of girl who wanted to do the chicken dance, you know?). He was great about checking in with us to make sure the night went as smoothly as possible, and he helped make the night so much fun.

Chris Truitt

I've owned Edge DJ Entertainment for almost 20 years, helping couples celebrate the happiest day of their lives as the MC and DJ for the biggest party they'll ever throw. Six years ago I chose to become an Officiant as well so that I could give my couples the opportunity to have a ceremony created just for them rather than suffer through a generic, cookie-cutter ceremony. That's when You Had Me At I Do was born. From 'Here Comes the Bride' to the encore after the last dance, I have the honor and privelege to give my couples their perfect wedding day.