You Me Photography

We service Chicago area as well as worldwide.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

833 W Chicago Ave. , Chicago , IL We service Chicago area as well as worldwide. (773) 715-0794

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Alexandra H

We had Julia do our engagement photos as we as our wedding photos for our wedding (May 28, 2017). I can't stress enough how valuable it is to have a photographer that knows the city. For our engagement photos, we ran into a hiccup when North Avenue Beach was closed for the Air &... Read More Water Show practice, I was super disappointed that i wouldn't get our skyline shot but Julia had backup suggestions handy and we ultimately ended up getting a better shot that what I had envisioned. She's a true professional, on the day of the wedding she was calm and totally flexible in making sure I got all the shots I wanted. She was great at telling us exactly what to do but not so we looked super posed. Her photos are absolutely stunning and captured our day perfectly. I've received numerous compliments on the teaser photos we saw right after our wedding and we can't wait to see the full set!

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Krystina M

My fiancé and I had such a wonderful experience with Julia! Despite it being freezing, we had a great time and really felt that Julia understood our personalities! The final pictures turned out absolutely beautiful, and I would recommend Julia 100x over!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Aline D

Julia and her associate are AMAZING! We did our engagement photos with them and we are looking forward for our wedding day. Love, love all the photos. Couldn't be happier with the results and I definitely recommend their work.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Jessica A

We recently had our engagement session done by Julia and her husband came along as well. They were both wonderful and did such an amazing job. They thought about every pose, every backdrop and didn't miss a single detail. She made sure cars, people or anything else didn't get in... Read More the way of a perfect shot. They made us feel comfortable and relaxed. It was a joy to work with them and I would recommend them to anyone!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Angela H

You Me Photography shot our wedding in mid-September, which was a very intimate event at both the Cultural Center Chicago and a luncheon at 7 Lions. Our initial request wasn't a part of their standard offerings, but Julia was happy to work with us anyway and customize our... Read More package. She took the time to find out a bit more about us, our relationship and our style. On the day of, Julia was patient with an initially very emotional bride and offered helpful instruction to both us and our guests throughout the posed shots. Julia had great ideas for the location shots downtown, and was a pleasure to work with overall. She has also been very helpful through the editing process, and we cannot wait to receive our photo album! Thank you, You Me Photography for capturing so many special, beautiful moments on the most important day of our lives together!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Julia H

Julia and her team were wonderful. While we were getting married in Chicago we didn't know Chicago intimantly enough to plan our photos....enter Julia and her team! We told them we wanted Chicago as our background and they took us places in th city that we didn't even know... Read More exisited but that were breathtaking and perfect! The photos are beautiful to say the least. The service impeccable. Our experience perfection!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Lexi C

Julia is such a delight to work with. She encourages you to have your own creative stamp on your wedding and will steer you in the right direction if you need her opinion. We bonded instantly, and I feel so blessed to have found her! She did our engagement pictures and will do... Read More our wedding. I cannot be more thrilled for choosing her.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Rikki A

I totally lucked out with Julia! We just took our engagement photos and I cannot wait until our wedding next year! Julia is so personable and makes me feel so comfortable. Her work is just outstanding. She had so many great ideas and my fiancée and I love working with her!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Ramona S

Best photographers in town we had our engagement session and the pictures came out beautiful our wedding is next Saturday can't wait to see the pictures ... we recommend !!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Samantha P

Don't waste your time looking at any other photographers as Julia and her husband are the absolute BEST! From the first time we met in her adorable office space until our recent engagement session, we knew they would be the right match for us. As someone who knows nothing about... Read More photography, Julia provided us with the perfect locations and poses that could not have fit our personalities better. She makes you feel extremely comfortable and made the overall process for us so much fun. We received all the photos back within two weeks and were extremely impressed with just how many great options we now had. She has truly been a pleasure to work with and we could not be happier with our choice in You Me Photography.

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Dana M

You Me Photography team took a photo of me and my husband as guests at a wedding last week. We got to know him and as a fellow photographer, I knew what they were doing an excellent job. After seeing the photos he's taken, I was blown away by how beautiful they were- and I... Read More only saw 6! I would highly recommend Julia & team as great wedding photographers with awesome personalities to be around. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Anne C

Julia (and her husband) of You Me Photography sneakily dined at a table near us at the site of our first date, perfectly situated to capture the surprise and emotion of our proposal! She successfully caught on film a beautiful series of candids that allow us to relive that... Read More wonderful event, then guided us through a few beautifully framed portraits that memorialize perfectly the special place where our story together began. We are thrilled with the photos that Julia took and plan to have You Me Photography continue to tell our story when we marry!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Christina J

We are so happy You Me Photography was our wedding photographer! Julia's talent for capturing a variety of photograph styles makes You Me Photography the best all around! Julia and her associate are a dynamic duo! They both have their own style that compliments one another.... Read More Also, on the day of, I could not have asked for a more professional, positive and calm photographer which is so helpful throughout the day. It was a true pleasure to be with her! Thank you so much Julia!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Caroline

Choosing Julia and her associate Soren to shoot our wedding was one of the best planning decisions we made! Julia was always quick to respond to any planning concerns I had and I love that she had us meet in person a few months before the wedding to go over everything. We also... Read More spoke on the phone the week of the wedding and she did a great job of calming my nerves. Also the day of the wedding, when Julia and Soren arrived, they were such a calming presence! Soren brought me a beautiful bunch of sunflowers because my birthday was the same day as my wedding. We had so much fun taking photos throughout the day, and both Julia and Soren were great about making sure we got some amazing sunset pictures during the reception. I can't say enough good things about You Me Photography. Needless to say, the photos they took are breathtaking. I would highly recommend You Me for anyone getting married, and they will definitely be taking photos of our future babies!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Caroline S

Julia met and exceeded our expectations. Not only did she capture every image I requested but she went above and beyond and got some amazing shots we did not expect. As bride you always know something can go wrong. However, I did not expect my wedding dress to rip one hour... Read More before the ceremony! Instead of panicking Julia kept everyone calm and offered solutions (above the call of duty!) and got some really cute candids of the hectic experience. Julia worked with some stressful situations in our wedding - we didn't do a first look so my groom and myself took photos of just the two of us immediately following the ceremony. It was a rushed and yet important time because my main priority as a bride was getting great photos with my groom! The other difficult thing Julia had to work with was the lighting in the church. We were married in an old church in Chicago which didn't allow flashes. I was worried the photos wouldn't turn out but Julia worked her magic and once again exceeded my expectations! Overall, I would absolutely recommend Julia as a wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Jen C

Julia & team nailed it! I was all for a photoshoot but as the event got closer and closer I was starting to feel nervous. That anxiety quickly went away on sight with the coordination and help from Julia & team. She made me feel so at ease and comfortable that it truly showed in... Read More the pictures. The poses were so natural and intimate and having her level of expertise made me confident that everything was going to turn out awesome! I highly recommend her and would absolutely be going to her for future life events :)

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 Andrea P

We had recently taken our engagement pictures with Julia and Sorin and not only had a great time but are loving the photos we have seen so far! Throughout the planning process Julia worked with us to find the perfect places for our photos and even went above and beyond to... Read More reserve us a table and work with the venue to make sure we had the best spot for pictures! During the pictures Julia and Sorin made us feel extremely comfortable, by showing us poses to try, find even more amazing backgrounds for our pictures, and encouraging us the whole way! Julia's energy is what made this experience so much fun. She is so passionate about what she does and was never willing to give up on getting the perfect photos! We are so happy we decided to do our engagement session with Julia and Sorin and we are very excited for them to shoot our wedding as well! We would highly recommend working with YouMePhotography if you are looking for friendly, professional, fun and energetic photographer!

Reviewed on 7/25/2016

Julia is fantastic! I am an event planner and worked closely with Julia on a 50th wedding anniversary reception. She was incredibly timely and diligent in her communications leading up to the event, and very professional, calm, and efficient at capturing family portraits and... Read More candids during the event. The photos turned out so fantastic that my clients wanted to purchase the entire album of photos as a keepsake! Can't wait to work with Julia again.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Lauren M

Julia has exceeded all of my expectations with our engagement pictures! She has a great talent to catch the minor details in a shot while not forgetting the bigger point of the picture. Julia has a keen eye for creating the perfect picture, in whatever the style makes you... Read More feel comfortable; romantic, candid, sweet, posed, etc. We can't wait for our wedding photos! Julia will be sure capture and enhance our day.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Erica H

We had our engagement photos done with Julia and Sorin. My fiancé and I both tend to shy away from cameras, but they made us feel so comfortable with them! They helped us power through, even in the rain. We've only gotten a glimpse at our photos, but so far they have exceeded... Read More our expectations! We cannot wait to work with Julia again at our wedding and will recommend her to anyone we know. Thanks!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2016

We enjoyed how Julia and Sorin captured our beautiful moment at Gillson Park, Wilmette. They made us feel very comfortable while posing, but in the same time we had so much fun. Thank you guys for being there in such a special moment.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Caitlin M

You Me Photography is the absolute BEST!!! After looking through their portfolio, we instantly fell in love with their photography style - they capture raw moments, true emotions, with sharp colors, composition and detail. Julia and her associate/husband Sorin are friendly and... Read More easy to work with; so much so that towards the end of our wedding we considered them more like friends. They listen to your requests while also giving great direction and advice. During the final meeting with Julia before our wedding, we went over a list of must-have photos (which ended up being rather long). Not only did she take every single photo on the list, she also did a great job helping to direct our guests in order to efficiently take each photo. We are extremely pleased with the way our engagement (June 2015) and wedding photos (May 2016) turned out and can't stop looking through them. Best of all, the moments she captured are memories that will last a lifetime! You will NOT be disappointed one bit if you book them!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Cailan S

My husband and I were lucky enough to work with Julia and her Associate, Sorin, for both our Engagement Photographs in July 2015, and then again on our Wedding Day on October 10th, 2015. If you are looking for a wedding photographer in the Chicago area do not hesitate one bit to... Read More book You Me Photography!! I can't say enough good things about Julia- you can instantly see the passion she has for photography. She will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy, and is sure to capture all of your special moments! Julia is also very prompt in her email replies, which definitely puts a bride and groom at ease! I know we made the right choice with Julia, and her photos have captured our special moments that we will treasure forever!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016

Julia did our engagement pictures and wedding day - both of which she made so easy and fun! She was great about seeking out spots she wanted to take photos ahead of time (even different houses around our neighborhood we hadn't noticed before!) and directing us throughout the... Read More shoots. She managed a big group for the wedding and kept things moving so we stayed on schedule. Overall she was a calming force and the pictures all turned out beautifully!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 3/21/2015 Caitlin L

Julia was our photographer for our engagement pictures last summer and our wedding in October. I can't say enough about how amazing it was to work with her. Her ability to capture our day was everything I could have dreamed of and more. I was nervous while I was trying to choose... Read More a photographer. I knew these pictures would last a life time and I wanted them to be perfect. Julia exceeded my expectations. The amount of compliments we have received about our pictures is crazy. Julia and her husband felt like great friends during the process. I would hire Julia again in a heartbeat!!