You Name It Events

(44)

Geneva, IL

Caring for you on the days you care most about.

YOU NAME IT is a personalized wedding planning company ready to help you make your day exactly what you imagined it would be and more. We pride ourselves on making your day feel special by handling all of the tiny details that add up to a big picture you and your guests will never forget!

$$

Services

Available for Consultation Only, Available for Wedding Day Coordination, Full Coordination Services

1 W. State St., Geneva, IL

Wedding Day Success!

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Kristin H

As a bride, I knew I needed help to make my wedding day a success, and that is exactly what I got from Leanne and her team at You Name It Events in Geneva, IL. She was able to help with everything from creating a theme and vision for the day to making sure that the logistics were organized. Her expertise and thoroughness was more than I could have asked for. You Name It Events offers different levels of assistance, to fit the need of each bride. I chose the option that helped me plan the day from the beginning, and while there were options that offered more or less assistance, this worked for me in offering me all of the advice that I needed. Leanne and her team then took complete charge that day and made sure that everything was as it should be. As a manager in my career, I am used to taking the lead and worrying about the details, but Leanne and her team were able to handle everything and made my wedding day a truly memorable and enjoyable experience.

Fantastic Experience - Day of Coordinator Plus

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Alicia W

Leanne was fantastic. She felt like a friend that I've known for years (that I could trust) AND a competent professional that could handle anything thrown her way. Unfortunately, thanks to a few crazy family members, a few things were thrown her way- even on the wedding day itself. I am beyond grateful for how she responded to each situation. She was firm when needed (while still remaining professional), kept my husband and I informed, and always had a smile no matter what. Her services were also a great value. I was quoted significantly more from several other places for packages that included less services. She was flexible and helped us create an "in between package" that fit our exact needs. I wouldn't hesitate to use her again for another event, she (and her team) were exactly what we wanted and needed. Thanks Leanne!

The Key to A Successful Wedding Without Stress!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Nancy B

You Name It Events was a huge help in making my daughter’s wedding a success. At first, I wasn’t sure if I needed a wedding planner, but when I thought about what a big investment that we were making in the day, I wanted to benefit from someone with experience to help things go smoothly and avoid mistakes. I’m glad I did. Leanne Valdes was a cheerful and reassuring partner in the process. She patiently answered all of my questions. She gave vendor recommendations and much-needed advice on invitations, an area more complicated than I expected. She visited the venue with me in advance, and made sure that all the details were in place for the reception. The week of the wedding, she sat with us and reviewed the plans again, making sure we were not overlooking anything. Danielle kept us organized at the Rehearsal, and made sure everyone knew their roles. Leanne and Danielle were with us throughout the day of the wedding. They did much of the communications with the hotel staff and vendors, and directed the ceremony from behind the scenes. At the reception, they again made sure that we were on schedule and that everything and everyone was where they should be. They looked after the gifts and envelopes, and made sure they were secure. I realized that the day was going so fast, that they allowed me to enjoy it, without having to worry about managing everything. I did not have to cart and place supplies for the reception, or track down people for photos, or worry about transporting gifts. My daughter and I were so glad they were there to make the day stress-free, and a complete success!

10/27/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind & thoughtful review! Everyone involved in your daughter's wedding was simply delightful, from the venue team to the photographer and videographer to your family and friends. We had a wonderful time and are so happy you chose to... Read Less Read More

Invaluable help on the wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Briana T

My husband and I used Leanne and her team at You Name It Events to help coordinate our wedding, and we are so happy we did! While I wish we had taken advantage of Leanne's expertise a little more throughout the planning process, her help on the day of the actual wedding was absolutely invaluable! Leanne made sure everything flowed easily from one thing to the next, and nothing important got missed. She helped from the very beginning of the day, getting the little kids ready and making sure the bridal party left for the Church on time. Then, when little things came up during the reception (running late, ice cream arriving at a different time than we thought, etc), Leanne was there with a solution for everything! She was even able to help sew up my dress when someone accidentally stepped on it!!! And then at the end of the night, she and her team made sure everything was all packed up and sent home with the correct people. I can't imagine how things would have gone without her, and am so happy that she and her team were there to help make our wedding day a dream come true. I definitely highly recommend her, it's totally worth the money to have the piece of mind that everything will be taken care of so you can concentrate on enjoying your special day. Thanks for all your amazing work, Leanne!!! :)

10/27/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! It is so helpful to us to hear your detailed feedback, and we know our future clients really appreciate the chance to hear directly from you. Thanks again and of course, congratulations newlyweds!!

Priceless Peace of Mind!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Keeley L

Leanne and the You Name It Events crew were absolutely incredible throughout the entire wedding planning process. We were on a tight budget and really wanted to maximize the funds that we had. Leanne helped us find top quality vendors in our price range, and negotiated pricing when we needed her to. The day of our wedding everything went perfectly!!! Leanne and her team managed everything so that my husband and I could live fully in the moment on our wedding day without any distractions. You Name It Events, made it so that even our closest family members could relax and enjoy the day rather than worrying about messy details. Beyond all the help with the wedding, Leanne was a joy to work with. We met with several other planners and she was by far the most personable and professional. I'm not the most organized person and she was always so patient in making sure everything got done. We would definitely recommend You Name It Events to our friends!

10/27/2014 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was SUCH a pleasure to be a part of! We truly loved all of your selections and will never forget your amazing first dance. Thanks for choosing us to be a part of it all!

Smooth Sailing

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Ashley K

Leanne helped make our day less stressful and everything was executed exactly how we wanted. There are a lot of things to worry about on your day, and it is VERY reassuring having someone you can trust making sure everything is getting carried out appropriately. Leanne also helped us in the preparation leading up to the day with suggestions for venues, advice, and her expert opinion, which really helped us put together the perfect wedding!

10/27/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing your review! We love hearing your feedback and knowing that other clients will be better able to make their vendor decisions seeing what our clients' experiences are like!

top knotch

Reviewed on 9/14/2014

Leanne is amazing! We had an outdoor wedding and the day ran smoothly. She's very organized and really knows what she's doing. She prepared, even for that possible mark on your dress! She's lovely to work with and we don't know what we would have done without her.

10/27/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for sharing your review! Your wedding was so lovely and we were so happy to be there sharing in your family's clear joy for you and your new husband!!

AWESOME!

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Ana Carla D

I simply loved working with Leanne. At first when I was trying to contact vendors I got really disappointed because most wedding coordinators did not want to work with some one from outside the country and some of them was actually rude, however when I contact Leanne she was very nice and gave me a lot of solutions and ways we could work from a different. She made my wedding planning experience a lot easier and I was able to have the wedding of my dream because of her help.

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We loved getting to know you and your family & friends through the process of planning your wedding. You made such a beautiful bride - gorgeous, actually! - and we can't wait to... Read Less Read More

My Favorite Vendor

Reviewed on 9/09/2014 Ashley T

You Name it was by far the best money I spent for my wedding!! Leanne and team were spot on with everything! I hired them as a day of coordinator and they nailed it! I was a crazy bride and had my MOH and myself doing all of my personal flowers and centerpieces ourselves. When I first met You Name it at a wedding expo, I asked Leanne if I could hire her to set everything at our venue up and act as the day of coordinator. She said they would customize a package to exactly what I needed, and she did just that. I am a corporate event planner so I knew I could handle all of the details leading up to the wedding, but knowing she would be there to handle all of the details the day of, made me relax and actually enjoy the day. Leanne met with us and the venue representative the week before the wedding and gave me checklists and forms that made me smile. She thought of things I didn't even think of which really impressed me. We went over everything her team would be setting up and coordinating and while I was overwhelmed with everything, she took it with a smile. We chatted the day before the wedding and sorted a few things out. The day of arrived and they rocked everything! They did a lot of running around by picking up our flowers and bringing them to the venue. I'm not sure what else they did, but all I know is I got a video of everything they set up and it looked AWESOME!! And at least an hour before the guests were to arrive. It was all better than I expected! I forgot, I even emailed her while I was planning for some band recommendations. She emailed me back right away with some successful bands she works with. While I didn't use them, I still appreciate her going above and beyond for me. Overall, You Name it gave me a feeling of confidence that they could handle it. I never had to question my decision of hiring them, it just felt right. Leanne's attitude is awesome. If you can't get along with her as your coordinator, you are a mean person. She took everything I threw her way with a "yes" confident attitude. They were simply AMAZING!! I feel like I got a steal for everything they did. Well worth it!

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in detail! It is so helpful to us to know what stands out in your memory as why working with us was helpful to you. We were honored you trusted us with your day and enjoyed working... Read Less Read More

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 7/30/2014

Leanne was a life savor! We live out of state and needed someone in the area to do the leg work for us. Leanne did that for us and much, much more. She provided us with recommendations when we had no clue where to begin and made arrangements with vendors. During the wedding, her and her crew made sure that everything was the way we wanted it. The ceremony was beautiful.

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for letting us be a part of your unique day! Some of the special choices you made are things we won't soon be forgetting! Those metal trees- while so stressful in the beginning - became such a fun touch at the reception!

Loved them!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014

Leanne and her team were wonderful! She listened to what we wanted and researched vendors. She went over any details that we had questions about. She brought up many details we hadn't even thought about. The day of the wedding she was there and handled everything for us. We were able to relax and enjoy my daughters wedding day instead of thinking of how everything was going to flow and how to get everything done. She was worth way more than what we paid her! Don't have a wedding without her!

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We loved getting to know your family and friends - who are such warm, fun folks! Good luck with your move and next adventure in life!

Best Wedding Planner - You Name It Events

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Sarah S

I cannot say enough good things about Leanne Valdes and her team at You Name It Events! They helped us from the beginning planning stages to the actual wedding day. Leanne assisted us in finding almost all of our vendors from photography & videography to the bakery & florist. She has extensive knowledge about each vendor which she provided to us in order to select which vendor would work best for us. She was also critical in putting together vendor contracts & making sure we were not only getting a fair price, but getting the level of service we wanted. In the end, Leanne saved us so much time & money in selecting our vendors. (The vendors she recommended were also all wonderful). The second major part of what Leanne & her team helped us with was coordinating the day of the wedding, which involved set-up, clean up, organization of the rehearsal/ceremony & reception, making sure our card box was secure, delivering flowers, etc. There was no task too small for her team - at one point I even caught them doing dishes at my parents house! They really went the extra mile to make sure that the day flowed perfectly. For example, when the limo arrived to bring the ladies to the church, the driver said he needed payment before leaving. This would have caused a lot of stress without having Leanne there to run to the bank & grab a cashier's check. Overall, I can't imagine not having Leanne there to help with everything. As someone who worries about the details, I was put at ease knowing that her team was there to take care of things. If asked if I would hire You Name It again, I would say absolutely with no hesitation. They are the best!!!

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

You are too sweet!! We have been seeing the photos of your beautiful day and every time we get to relive it is so fun! Such delicate and beautiful details made for a memorable and special day - even for us! Thanks for choosing us!

All-Around Outstanding Service

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Sarah L

We worked with Leanne for over a year before our wedding. From the very moment I reached out to inquire about services through the very end of the wedding reception, Leanne was responsive, creative, professional, and caring. We were planning our wedding long-distance so it was invaluable to us to have someone on the ground who knew the lay of the land. She listened to every phone call and email, and always provided a solution. She connected us with high-quality vendors within our budget who fit our style. We had full confidence that our day would go smoothly because of her and her team, and it did - despite a raging thunderstorm during our ceremony, forcing us to go to plan B! We wouldn't be happier with how everything turned out and would recommend You Name It Events to anyone.

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you guys for the treat of being a part of your day - we loved the style you brought to your simple but beautiful day. Those moments in the farmhouse, while your parents took turns reading the ketubah text - those moments were so... Read Less Read More

You Name It they Do it! The #1 Event Planning Service

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Cynthia M

You Name It Events is a top notch event planning service! You Name It deserves 10 stars for the customer service they delivered through out the one year wedding planning process for our beautiful Lake Michigan wedding! My husband and I are still in absolute awe at the fabulous job Leanne and her team did to help our wedding weekend go absolutely perfect and seamless! Our family and out of town guests were so pleased to have the You Name It team on board, because it allowed everyone to enjoy the wedding without any headaches or mishaps. Everyone is still talking about how helpful it was to have You Name It to assist with our wedding weekend. My husband and I live in NYC. We planned to have a Lake Michigan wedding in South Haven because I was born and raised in West Michigan. We planned to have a big city wedding in small town. We knew we would need assistance with planning from afar. Although, You Name It is located in Chicagoland, we are located in NYC, and our wedding was in Michigan there were no issues with distance. Leanne made multiple trips to Michigan when needed during the entire planning process. Leanne totally understood our vision for our 230 guests and she went above and beyond to make sure we were always happy through out the planning process till the day of our wedding. Her ability to be meticulous and detailed oriented is impeccable. Leanne remembers everything! Even on the day of the wedding when the Limo driver was late. Leanne solved the issue immediately without hesitation she called another company and made sure we had a beautiful back up limo and we were still on time to our ceremony! Hiring You Name It Events was by far one of the best purchases we made for our wedding! You Name It does everything with excellence they are truly the #1 one planning service to choose for your special day!

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Truly - working with you guys was such a pleasure. Everything you had in mind for your day and for your guests was such a treat. There are moments from your day that will literally never be outshined by anything else we will experience and... Read Less Read More

No Regrets!

Reviewed on 6/23/2014 Debbie D

I purchased the "week of" package but my work with Leanne and her team began immediately, with unlimited access by phone or e-mail for months ahead of time, whenever I had a question. I don't even think I used all of my meetings, there were so many included. (And totally worth the drive to Geneva!) I am a person who feels the need to be in control, and has no trouble making decisions, so I wasn't sure at first if it would be worth it to hire a planner. But, I decided to coordinate an interfaith (Muslim-Christian) ceremony, outdoors, in the middle of downtown Chicago. There was NO WAY it would have come together without Leanne and Danielle. The two days before the wedding, I relaxed on my couch and the only communication I made with a vendor was with Leanne. Because I felt the urge to double check with her that everything was in place (an urge that was, of course, unnecessary). They were also indispensable for the reception, where our banquet manager had complete amnesia regarding everything we discussed pertaining to our timeline and tried to shift everything a different way. Since Leanne had been present for previous conversations at the hall, she was able to intervene and make sure we stuck with the original plan. Finally, as a nice touch, Leanne and Danielle both took separate route from the ceremony to the reception, and texted us to let us know which one had the least traffic. (downtown chicago - weekend - summer - definitely a huge help!) Long story short, hiring a planner (and THIS planner) is a must for anyone planning a wedding that involves either a) excessive coordination or b) families and cultures that are different or difficult to please, requiring plans to be strictly adhered to. We have heard nothing but wonderful comments about our day and I know that many potential disasters were averted due to YNI's professionalism and expertise.

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

You and your husband were such a pleasure to get to know throughout this process! We love learning more about couple's stories and their families - and you have both an interesting story and interesting families!! We look forward to staying in touch and hearing... Read Less Read More

You Name It Events

Reviewed on 6/22/2014

I would enthusiastically endorse using this wedding planning service. Leanne's attention to detail is impeccable. She really listens to her clients to insure they are getting exactly what they want. My event was absolutely perfect. You will not be disappointed if you use them!

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review! It is so helpful for us to receive feedback in this way and we really appreciate it!

Day-Of Wedding Coordination

Reviewed on 6/19/2014 Brittany B

Working with Leanne, Megan and Jeni on my wedding day was a wonderful experience. As the bride, I wanted to have a day-of coordinator about a month before our wedding. Leanne was super accommodating to us and made us feel confident and comfortable in our wedding plans. She was easy to work with and made sure each little detail was covered. Leanne would work after hours to meet with us based on our schedules. There were so many things that came up that I totally didn't think about for the wedding, and I was so happy we decided to have a day-of coordinator so that nothing would slip by us. Leanne and Megan also did a venue walk-through with us so that they would know every detail and came up with wonderful ideas during this time as well. Our day-of coordinators were Megan and Jeni. Leanne had another wedding to be at that day, however she still took the time to stop by and say hello which meant a lot! Jeni was great at assisting my bridal party and helping us with all our needs. Megan was awesome and made sure the whole day ran smoothly. Everyone was so nice and helpful, which in turn helped me not stress out! I would highly recommend You Name It Events for your upcoming wedding if you want to feel stress-free and have it run flawlessly.

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful review of our services! Your wedding was absolutely breathtaking - and it is so fun to see photos pop up with you and your groom in them! You guys are simply beautiful people - inside & out.

Review of YouNameItEvents

Reviewed on 3/19/2014

Extremely helpful and competent. Made the wedding night much more enjoyable for bride, groom and family!

3/19/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It was truly our pleasure to work with you all!

THE Best team ever!!

Reviewed on 3/18/2014 Shawn K

We used You Name It Event to do "day of" wedding coordination...absolutely the single BEST decision we made for my daughter's wedding. Our wedding had been well planned and organized so initially I wasn't sure if I needed a planner the day of the wedding...well I couldn't have been more wrong...and the "day of" is only an acronym this team started working 2-3 months before the wedding giving me access to their contact information and sharing that with every vendor. One morning I emailed Leanne [owner of You Name It Events] asking her if she had any gift ideas for the young boys in the wedding, as we could think of nothing clever...within 45 minutes Leanne had sent me a Pinterest page with 20+ pins that were all great ideas for gifts. She worked tirelessly from the start of the rehearsal dinner through the end of the wedding and beyond...not leaving our reception venue until every detail was finished, including donating many of the gorgeous floral pieces to a local nursing home. Leanne knew every vendor and wedding party person's name and contact information within a few hours of our "wedding review" day a week before the wedding. She contacted every vendor before the wedding weekend confirming their time of arrival, reviewed the contracts we signed and sent them timelines for the wedding day. She sent texts to all vendors and bridal party throughout the day to trigger start times, changes and deadlines...i.e. "Bridal party should be on the shuttle buses in ten minutes". This team did so much more behind the scenes I could not even begin to mention but I can tell you I was never bothered with an issue for two days!!! And as the MOB and the wedding planner that was the best gift anyone could have for themselves and their family. Both my husband and I got to spend the weekend with our daughters being the bride and maid of honor...we never missed one single ah-ha moment because we were out finding the photographer to take a picture or chasing some other vendor. No matter what size your wedding or where...this was the best money I spent in a sea of spending...and if I had to do it all again I would hire this team over and over again. They were personable, fun, efficient, professional, did anything from cleaning up messes in the bridal suite to getting the Bride and Groom hors de ouvres and cocktails while receiving guests. Save money somewhere else and hire this team to make your day stress free and perfect! If there were a hundred stars available to assign this service that would be a good place to start! Thank you You Name It Team...you were amazing.

3/19/2014 Response from the vendor

Wow! THANK YOU so much for sharing your experience! We loved getting to you know you all and would be honored to work with you again - perhaps for your next family wedding! :)

You Name It Events and our wedding

Reviewed on 11/25/2013

Sarah and Leanne at You Name It were fantastic to work with. They were especially good on the day of - they handled everything we threw at them with ease, kept our tea ceremony and wedding running smoothly the entire day, and really fit the definition of the word awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to choose them again.

9/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your perspective! We loved seeing everything come together for your BIG day!

surprise wedding shower

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Monica S

You know that an affair has been a success when your guests proclaim that they can’t believe the party is over - especially when the party is a wedding shower where clock watching is the usual norm. With vague ideas outnumbering the specific ones, I contacted Leanne Valdes of You Name It to help me throw together an impromptu wedding shower. By the end of our first meeting, Leanne helped me solidify a delectable menu, suggested some fresh ideas for guest participation that didn’t include the usual shower games that I detest, and had a well directed sense of the decorating aesthetics that I wanted. Further meetings highlighted her organizational abilities with samples of products, food, and even a “designer drink” specific for the occasion, which we mixed together as a “trial run”. It was a hit at the shower. It was these kinds of actions that Leanne employed that were such a complement to the expected skills of an event planner. Her desire to research out and add that something specifically unique to an event makes Leanne exceptional. Her vendors reflected her professionalism with the result that the party looked beautiful, the food was outstanding, and the activities were memorable for the guests as well as the bridal couple. And the clean up...except for the floral arrangements, Leanne and her crew left not a trace of themselves behind. It was magical! Let me state the obvious: I unequivocally recommend You Name It for any party planning needs. Just be prepared for guests not to want to go home. WGSanders

9/25/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and thorough review of our services! It is truly our honor to help bring your vision for your event to life - and this shower was especially unique and beautiful! Such a pleasure working with you!

You Name It Says It All!

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Lisa P

You Name It Events did a marvelous job of assisting unobtrusively the day of my daughter's wedding. They helped with everything we asked for but more importantly, anticipated and took care of things we did not think of. How wonderful to return home and find everything put back in its place, a truly professional organization!

10/06/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, Lisa! We loved helping out with your daughter's wedding - all of the little "Chicago" touches were so fun!

Memorable service for a memorable day

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Sarah P

I am undoubtedly a Type-A bride. I like being in control at all times and have a hard time delegating tasks to others, and my wedding day was no exception. Our wedding had a lot of moving parts- from a late night hot dog cart to a photobooth stand to an Oberweis ice cream cart, and I was worried everything would go according to plan and stay on schedule. Even on the morning of my wedding, I was running around looking over final details until Leanne told me "STOP! It's our job to worry about this! Go ENJOY your wedding day!" How right she was! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was so much fun and went off without a hitch! Multiple guests told us our wedding was the best and most fun wedding they'd ever been to! Leanne and her staff were so friendly, helpful, and made sure everything went according to plan. I would highly recommend their services to any Type-A bride like me who has a hard time letting go of control- they WILL NOT disappoint!

10/06/2013 Response from the vendor

It was our pleasure serving you on your wedding day! Your wedding was chock full of fun and personal details - and those are our favorite kinds of events!

You Name It Events - Reviewed by MOB

Reviewed on 9/21/2013

Both Leanne and Sarah worked with my daughter and me prior to the wedding and they both were extremely helpful. They answered all of our questions and provided suggestions and guidance to help make the day perfect. Sarah was with us the day of the wedding. She is very organized, very professional and attended to every detail. At the church she kept everything on schedule and even had my daughter's dogs there at the right time for photos. At the reception Sarah made sure that the set-up was to our specifications, that everything ran on schedule, seeing to all of the details so that my daughter and I could enjoy the day! At the end of the reception Sarah cleaned up and insured that we got all of our decorations back. It was because of You Name It that we were able to enjoy this very special day!!

9/25/2013 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to share your review! We really appreciate it and it definitely make a difference for our small business to grow!

Wedding Receiption

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Robin S

Leanne and her group from You Name It Events & Administration were great! My daughter decided at the last minute to have an event coordinator on the day of her wedding and reception and I could not believe what a difference it made. You Name It came in listened to my daughter's wants and needs and made sure that everything ran as smoothly as it could. I would highly recommend and refer them!

10/06/2013 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your kind words! We know it helps our future clients feel comfortable trusting us with their most important days when they can see how hard we work for all of our clients!

Send Email