Cakes + Desserts

39 Shaw St, New London, CT (860) 701-0074

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Alexandra E

Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with. The cake was not only beautiful but tasted incredible. She really took the pictures and ideas I had and brought them to life for our gorgeous cake!

Yum!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Elizabeth A

As someone who likes to bake I was adamant that for my wedding I wanted our cake to actually taste good (most cakes, wedding included, tend to leave me unimpressed). We got to sample Lisa's cake when we did our food tasting with Ivy's Simply Homemade and we all thought it was... Read More great. We arranged for a tasting appointment and were wowed by the variety of cakes/fillings/frostings we got to sample and everything was extraordinarily delicious! One of the most fun parts of wedding planning by far! For the our wedding day we wanted a small cake for the cutting and mini cupcakes on sticks set in mason jars for our guests. Lisa totally understood our vision and the guests were wowed by how adorable the dessert table looked. If you want cake that is going to be both beautiful and taste incredible, do yourself a favor and give Lisa a call. (And be sure to try the strawberry cake!)

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Gretchen S

We worked with Lisa to design a simple yet beautiful three-tiered cake, as well as a sheet cake. Lisa was extremely knowledgeable and flexible throughout the whole process, and her cake was delicious! We did a free tasting and had trouble narrowing it down to two flavors. (We... Read More ended up with a mocha/dark chocolate buttercream frosted cake AND a raspberry/lemon curd cake). Lisa made everything super easy - she dropped the cake off at our reception and even let us borrow a cakestand. She was also very reasonably priced. The best way to reach YTTC is by calling - being a one-woman show, Lisa does not respond to email very frequently.

So many options, so many flavors, Lisa was the best!

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 linda f

We worked with Lisa. To start, she asked so many questions about what we were looking for, and she never pushed any flavors or combinations on us. She allowed us to try anything we wanted. I loved that - so many other cake vendors we spoke to had an attitude about what... Read More flavors "didn't" go together. Lisa sat down with us and gave us her full attention. We did 150 cupcakes - 50 in 3 different flavors with 3 different frostings, and one individual round cake for my husband and I. The only thing I wanted on the B&G cake were "swim-bike-run" stick figures (we are both triathletes) going around the side of the cake. I sent Lisa a picture, and she did it PERFECTLY! The colors came out beautifully, and she even added some extra touches around the bottom edge and top to make it look even more perfect. Everything looked picture perfect and the tastes were unbelievable. I had friends and family calling me the morning after the wedding to ask f we had any leftover cupcakes they could take home. They were soft, delicious, and didn't fall apart or crumble - the perfect consistency. The cake was the same. Lisa was a joy to work with - she was available via phone or email, and always called or emailed back within just a couple of hours (she is a one woman show and really can rock it!). I didn't worry one bit about the drop-off, set-up, etc. She gave all directions to our caterer so I had nothing to stress about the day of!

Awesome cake!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Susan B

We had two amazing cakes (two flavors) that everyone raved about. We had so much leftover that we ate cake for days, which made everyone happy!

Best cake EVER!

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Elizabeth M

We shopped around for a good baker and Lisa's was the only one at which my husband scraped the plate after the tasting in order to get all of the frosting. She made us five different varieties of cupcakes (120 in all), plus a small cake for us to cut and another to freeze, and... Read More it was all less than $250. Plus she was incredibly friendly and helpful. I highly recommend You Take the Cake if you're looking for a delicious treat to finish up your wedding meal. Try the tres leches variety--it's out of this world! We actually order this cake from her from time to time just because it's so amazing. So glad the bakery is on the way home from work!

Cake was delicious

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Erica S

Lisa was amazing. Our cake looked exactly like the photo we provided Lisa with and was delicious. Chocolate with mint - an amazing combination. Lisa was super easy to work with - we simply had one meeting (which was also the tasting) and everything went like clockwork from... Read More there.

Perfect cake

Reviewed on 9/14/2011 Scott R

Lisa made us a magnificent wedding cake. Not only was it beautiful and custom-designed to our rather unique specifications, but it was delicious. She also made us a wonderful groom's cake. I was amazed at how low the price was--the value for the money was tremendous. I have... Read More also had Lisa make two other cakes for other occasions, and the quality of her cakes has been invariably outstanding.

So lucky to have Lisa do our cakes

Reviewed on 9/14/2011 Catherine R

Wow... we still have people talking about both the taste of the wedding and the groom's cake and the appearance. I have never been to a wedding where we both were achieved... and what is truly extraordinary, is that we probably got one of the best deals in town by going with You... Read More Take the Cake. We had head of a couple of other vendors, but we were not pleased with their bedside manner. Lisa seemed so thrilled just for us to visit and always had tasty samples for us. She was extremely flexible. I now only order cakes from her... seriously they are cheaper (and far better) than Stop & Shop cakes... why should I go elsewhere even for a birthday cake?

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 8/18/2011 Megan M

Lisa was so wonderful! And the cake was sooo delicious! She provided friendly, helpful service, meeting with us at our convenience despite her bakery being renovated. She was extremely knowledgeable, telling us all about the history of wedding cakes, showing us pictures of all... Read More her work.

Fantastic Price, cake was okay

Reviewed on 6/19/2011 Racquelle N

I used Lisa Argilagos at You Take the Cake for my cake vendor and she was so nice and professional. But when it came to eat the cake I was a little disappointed. The cake testing tasted better than my actual wedding cake. Also, when it came time to take the leftovers home, the... Read More rest of the cake literally fell apart. The cake was made to have certain layers and the top part just slipped off the bottom part and there was really no saving it besides eating whatever was left right then and there. I would refer You Take the Cake to other brides because of the price, especially if you are a bride like i was only had $5000 to plan a wedding. In that regard, Lisa really helped me out. My cake was only $280 total.

Amazing Cupcakes and Cake!

Reviewed on 10/28/2010 Jennifer J

We decided to do wedding cupcakes with a small cake on top to cut. We ordered a total of 145 cupcakes plus the small cake. Everyone is still raving about how fresh and great the cup cakes were! She even delivered them and created a beautiful display on the table so we did not... Read More have to worry about anything!

Beautiful Cake!!!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Kimberly M

We were so happy with You Take The Cake! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful! Lisa did an amazing job! We were able to go to a tasting months before the wedding to select our favorite flavors...although they were all delicious! Very professional! And she worked with... Read More our florist for the flowers on top of the cake!!!

Review for You Take The Cake, LLC

Reviewed on 10/30/2008 Wendy F

She was flexible had great ideas and we did a tasting before ordering and they were all great.