Dayton and Cincinnati Wedding Planning Made Fun!

Your Dream Day works with couples to bring their dream wedding vision to life. Services include: Wedding & event design; selecting your wedding vendor team; assisting with invitations, guest list & seating chart; creating the final checklist and schedule; and wedding day management. We only do one wedding per weekend to ensure our couples are properly pampered. All couples with a package of 15 hours or more may borrow various wedding items at no charge like toasting flutes, birdcage, serving set, chalkboard signs, frames, LED candles & vases. Member, The Knot Best of Weddings Hall of Fame and the Better Business Bureau. Free first date appointment, schedule yours today!

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
8a61e330 1677 498d b00a 94b0759eb63a~rs 100

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Katelyn S

Kathy went above and beyond what she had to for our wedding to make sure everything was perfect. Cannot day thank you enough to her- she made sure every detail was exactly how I dreamed!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 James M

Kathy and her team stepped calmly into the challenging position of taking over the execution of a wedding planned by someone else. (My fiancé -- Someone who is a control freak type A!) Her patience and great personality helped create what everyone is dubbing 'The Perfect... Read More Wedding.' Kathy and her team of dream girls did a great job of making everything run so smoothly. My mom was impressed with the little things, like when they scrubbed down the ceremony chairs after it had rained the night before, until they were gleaming white. That level of detail is what made the day special. They also hooked us up with the DJ and Photographer. Those references were invaluable! They made our wedding day special. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016

After unexpectedly going thru 3 different venue planners (at the same venue) in less than a year, and losing the last venue planner the week of our wedding, Kathy (our wedding planner, not our venue planner) did an amazing job at making sure our wedding day was exactly what we'd... Read More designed. If she hadn't been there to assist in the 11th hour reconstruction of our wedding, I don't want to think about what it would have been like versus the "wasn't even a single hiccup" wedding we had. If you're looking for an energetic planner that has several weddings under her belt, Kathy's your person.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 A father's P

From the start - encouraging my daughter and wife to use a wedding planner was by far THE BEST thing I did. She then made it easy during there first meeting - I think you called it a "date?" You were the second planner they met that day. Did you know she cancelled the... Read More interview with the third? It was an instant level of comfort, professionalism and support. use a wedding planner, and use Kathy! Very up to date on the different style of weddings that are out . Kathy was spot on and helping with different vendors to use that fit our needs and our vision for the wedding and reception. I definitely will be using Kathy for my second daughter.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Ashley J

Kathy was amazing ! She did an awesome job helping find a venue, photographer, and a caterer. She paid attention to what we wanted and made everything come together. Super easy to talk to and was always there during the stressful times leading up to the big day. I would... Read More recommend her and her team in a heart beat. Just awesome experience all around I wish I could relive that day over and over again. Took all the stress off my shoulders and just let us have fun and enjoy the moments. Kathy was awesome and still is awesome :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Taylor L

Kathy did an amazing job planning and executing our wedding. Our wedding was suppose to be outdoors but It actually rained the entire week of and the day of our wedding. Kathy had everything under control and her back-up plan played out beautifully. Everything was perfect and... Read More the day went so smoothly. We couldn't have done it without her!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Shiuli S

Kathy was always one step ahead and stepped up when things were not going according to plan. She was great.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Bijoli S

Kathy was a big help for my daughter's wedding. She took care of every little details and made the day flow very smoothly. She was just fantastic.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Ashley D

Kathy was amazing! She was our day of wedding planner but would help with any questions we had leading up to the day. The day of she helped take all the pressure off of us and our family. So we got to enjoy the day with no stress!!! End of the night we got back to our honeymoon... Read More suite with all of presents, food, cake, and a beautiful set up!!! A great personality and fun to work with too!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Rachel B

Kathy was great. She went out of her way to run errands for us across town when we were not able to get things done ourselves! I give her 5 stars.

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 Tara E

I had the pleasure of meeting Kathy through a workout group on Facebook. We met several times and talked about what she did as a wedding planner. At first I'll admit I didn't think I would need one, but I'll tell you right now I am so grateful for Kathy and her team of dream... Read More girls. My whole day went so smooth, and it was honestly the best experience and day of my life, and I know I have Kathy to thank for that. Not only was I impressed, but after the wedding my husnand, father, and other wedding party members couldn't stop raving about how great she was. She really saved the day on several issues, and allowed me to just enjoy my day without any extra stress.

Kathy at Your Dream Day is wonderful

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

My husband and I just recently got married and honestly, our wedding turned out more beautiful than we could've ever imagined. It was stunning, really. Kathy at Your Dream Day was a vital piece to making our wedding day like a fairytale. She was on top of everything, very... Read More organized, kind and generous, with numerous connections to vendors all over the country to bring together your vision for the day. Anything you need or could want in a wedding, she will find a way to make it happen. Kathy is a fabulous wedding planner and we could've have been happier with how our weekend turned out. My husband and I were blown away with how everything came together, and even to this day, our guests talk about how perfect our wedding was. I would recommend Kathy to anyone who ever needed help with planning their wedding. There's no way I could have done it all without her!!! :) (Btw, we got the top tier package that she offered because we had a large-scale wedding with multiple day events.)

Wonderful Wedding planner

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Cathryn J

I was in the wedding party of a wedding using Kathy as the wedding planner. Kathy goes the extra mile for everyone she works with, and is a professional. Everything went smoothly! I would highly recommend her!

A Dream Day come true

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Kathy Lucas and her Dream Day team were superb before, during and after the wedding day. They were knowledgeable, kind, sensitive, patient and above all intuitive to the needs and desires of the wedding party, families and guests. You can tell when you are working with... Read More experienced professionals. Wow! Five Stars!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Dana Leigh P

Kathy Piech-Lukas and her team were fantastic! My husband and I were from out of town planning our wedding in Northern KY/ Cincinnati area and felt as though we were choosing blindly for many of our vendors. She asked a lot of questions to help us figure out what we wanted...... Read More and when we weren't sure what we wanted, she gave us a variety of options at different price levels so we could be sure to stay in budget and still get top notch quality. The vendors we chose knew her team & they worked well together. We had a few vendors she had never worked with before (family or friends of ours), and she made sure that everything ran smoothly. There were a lot of issues with our reception hall the day of the wedding, and Kathy and her team made sure it didn't impact us or our guests. Also at the last minute we had about 30 guests not be able to make the reception and Kathy and her team made sure to coordinate the change of plans with our reception hall (and when the reception hall didn't make the changes the day of, her team was there to fix it before guests arrived). We were also able to borrow a few items from her office so we didn't need to purchase some extras, that definitely helped us cut our costs. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Brent

Do not book Kathy Piech-Lukas and/or Your Dream Day services to help plan your wedding. You will be very disappointed with the amount of money you spend and what you actually get out of the service. We were sold at the beginning by the fancy software and planning/detail she... Read More mentioned, but on the day of the wedding, we found out Kathy had booked other weddings and was frantically jumping between them. She had promised us that we were the only wedding of the day, but we had to find out through a third party that she had lied to us. A tremendous amount of details regarding the wedding were missed because Kathy was not present and her team was not aware of the details we had asked for. Even when she was there, she messed up the food at the after-party and the honeymoon suite was nothing like she had promised. To top it all off, she was running around, sweating and yelling at our guests during the reception. On a day when the bride and groom are supposed to be nervous and in need of a support staff, Kathy was just the opposite making things hectic, disorganized, and incomplete. Sadly, she is what a lot of our guests remember about the ceremony/reception. It was a bad decision to go with Kathy Piech-Lukas and Your Dream Day services and we insist that you do not make the same mistake.

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Kendra P

Kathy! You were absolutely amazing. My wedding day was perfect and I owe a lot of that to you. You kept everyone on task during rehearsal (and I know we had a big, rowdy bunch) so kudos for that! :) On the wedding day, you were nothing but helpful the entire time. Anything I... Read More needed, you were there. I appreciate your organization, your professionalism and your overall willingness to go the extra mile to make my big day that much more smooth. Thank you for handling all situations with confidence and ease. You were a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend any bride use you!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Meaghan T

I used Kathy for my wedding on July 11,2015 at the Schuster Center in Downtown Dayton. Everything went perfectly from start to finish. I would highly recommend Kathy to anyone planning a wedding in the Dayton area. She came over to my house the day of and steamed my girl's... Read More dresses, made sure all the vendors delivered on time and according to our plan, and basically handled everything while still being in the background. She also filmed my whole bridal party entrance for us and thought of things we did not, like saving menus, place cards, programs, etc from the event. Use Dream Day for your wedding!

Reviewed on 11/04/2014

Kathy was so professional . I would recommend her again. Her hard work really paid off. My daughter wedding was beautiful.

Organized, Trustworthy, Pro-Active - Kathy's Got Your Back!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Lindsay L

I first heard of Kathy back in 2007 when one of my best friends got married. They had some challenging and unexpected situations come up the day of the wedding, and thank goodness they had Kathy there to spring into action and get things handled. Years later, I crossed paths... Read More with Kathy again while planning my own May, 2014 wedding, and it quickly became evident that Kathy had valuable, in-depth knowledge of the wedding industry and vendors in the Cincinnati/Dayton/NKY area, and was extremely responsive, pro-active and genuinely interested in helping however she could. Kathy's Dream Day Cafe space in Dayton is adorable - I could hang out there all day (Free cake samples?! A bridal goody bag? Yes, please! ). Kathy definitely goes the extra mile for everyone she works with, and is a true professional. Her great attention to detail, organization skills, dedication to her clients, and bright demeanor make Kathy of Your Dream Day Cafe a "Dream Wedding Planner" - or as she would say, "Lead Dreamgirl". Highly recommend!!

2014-10-30T19:56:38 Response from the vendor

Lindsay, you are a doll and a pleasure to work with! I'm glad your dream wedding was all you hoped it would be. :-) kpl

A wedding planner that cares

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Jillian G

my wedding was a long journey through health problems and postponing due to those I called so many wedding planners not connecting with any until Kathy. Kathy and I truly connected she was not just my planner she was a friend she was there for me when everyone was stressed and I... Read More needed a safe person to vent to. My one point of advice is to trust her team to do what they need to get done my family ended up doing way more than they were supposed to and it made things confusing had we just let Kathy and her team do it I think it would have been much less stressful. The biggest plus was cleanup they did all break down and put all of our stuff back in the containers. Kathy even came the night before when everyone was ready to kill each other to help defuse the situation and stayed way into the night helping with flowers. Best part I had a beautiful wedding and someone I still connect with and check in with to share life's joys. Just remember it is expensive but if you trust them and let them do their job it's well worth it and I only had them for the weekend package.

2014-10-30T19:58:01 Response from the vendor

Jillian, I am so happy that your health is improving and that you were happy with our services! Glad that your dream wedding was all you hoped it would be! :-) kpl

Really came through for us

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Heather R

We ran into trouble with our initial day-of wedding planner, and Kathy really came through and helped us make sure everything went smoothly even though we brought her in only a few weeks before the wedding.

2014-10-30T20:00:29 Response from the vendor

Heather and Stephen, I am glad we were in a position to help you pull everything together despite your experience with the other planner you hired. The email you sent me touched my heart, where you said that it wasn't worth saving a couple hundred... Read Less Read More

Best Wedding Planner Ever!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Sonja B

Kathy was the best wedding planner we could have ever hoped for! She went above and beyond our expectations... She's very kind and extremely professional... We are so thankful that we hired her and highly recommend her!!!

2014-10-30T20:01:45 Response from the vendor

Sonja, you and your family were so amazing to work with. You, your daughter and your husband made my job a pleasure. Looking forward to working with you on the next three daughters! :-) kpl

Could not have done it without her!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Holly B

Kathy at Your Dream Day cafe was fantastic from start to finish. There is no way we could have done an outdoor wedding without her help, from planning and pointing us in right directions, to ensuring everything went as planned day of before, during and after, so that we could... Read More enjoy the day!

2014-10-30T20:03:01 Response from the vendor

Colin, you and Holly are wonderful people and we truly enjoyed working with you. I'm glad we were able to bring your vision to life, keep you within budget, and make your wedding a dream day for you! :-) kpl

The Planning Process

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Nikki S

Not only did I gain access to other wonderful vendors, a lot of stress was off my shoulders with a day of wedding planner. Kathy and her team are wonderful and even surprised us with special lighting for free!

2014-10-13T05:58:13 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad you were pleased. You are such a sweetheart and it was an honor to work with you. Thank you for choosing us to help you on your wedding day! Kathy kpl

Kathy Piech-Lukas

Planning your wedding is a fun and exciting chapter of your life. My goal is to blend your ideas, wish list & personal style into the wedding day you always dreamed of. My goal is to reduce the stress that comes with planning this once in a lifetime event. I can help you choose the perfect dream team of wedding pros based on your budget, style & personality; finalize the checklist, create the schedule & manage the details on wedding day. We are entering our 14th year serving couples in Greater Cincinnati & the Miami Valley. Our mission is to make you happy and bring your dreams to life.